Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 50
Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 18, 2019 21:13

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 03:00 by mariano.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 19, 2019 02:17

All songs now on Apple Music bar Beast and Bitch live.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:00

Get off of my Cloud is pretty decent.

However LSTNT is very rough. Interesting how they didn't fix mistakes like when Charlie missed a beat at 0:13. Don't think they've made that song justice since the BTB-tour.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:06

I have Apple Music in USA and I can’t get them.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 19, 2019 04:36

video: [m.youtube.com]

Under My Thumb

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2019 06:10

Date: April 19, 2019 06:11

Date: April 19, 2019 06:15

With the exception of Beast of Burden and Bitch, the deluxe edition is on Spotify.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 19, 2019 07:45

!!!!!!!!

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 19, 2019 08:15

I'm listening to HONK on Spotify and I notice that Doom And Gloom and Ride 'Em On Down are different versions of the original ones! Especially in Ride 'Em On Down Mick sings it differently and harmonica solo is different! For these things I love the Stones more than my life! Did anyone notice something different in other songs on the album?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 19, 2019 11:35

detroitken
Lien
"Canadian fans will have access to a limited-edition Fan Pack version of Honk that will include the standard CD edition, an exclusive pair of sunglasses and an exclusive koozie – both featuring the Canadian Rolling Stones’ Tongue!"

Honk - ltd. edition (cd+sunglasses+koozie

[www.archambault.ca]

Can i order this if i live in usa ?

Yes, but the delivery costs are 29,99 ...

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 12:29

I really hope the physical release hasn’t made the mistake of saying this song was performed at the Arena.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 19, 2019 12:35

Cristiano Radtke

With the exception of Beast of Burden and Bitch, the deluxe edition is on Spotify.

Same on [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Amazon.com] and [iTunes.apple.com] .

Btw: Qobuz is since early 2019 also available in the United States.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 19, 2019 12:37

Cristiano Radtke

Sure, they want the billions of Sheeran and FF fans to buy it.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:07

MEN Arena was 2003?...they mean Old Trafford, and the backing vocals are dubbed because I can hear Keith and....Mick, Great guitar added as well

Sounds like the stones should sound! lets hope the new album is going in this direction

Date: April 19, 2019 13:15

It could be early excitement on my part, but I think the live stuff sounds really good. Still Vegas era Stones but I’ve really enjoyed the live tracks after one listen. I’m sure after repeated listening I’ll think same ole same ole but these seem to grab my attention like “ eh pretty good”. That said I still wish no duets

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:19

Has anybody alread found time to compare the 'live' tracks on Honk to the bootleg recordings of the songs? Are there any differences? Have these songs been remixed/edited/reworked in the studio?

Date: April 19, 2019 13:22

I’ve seen videos on YouTube and would say pretty faithful but yes there definitely is some over dubbing. I picked up slightly changed jagger vocal in UMT. That said I’ve only listened to the tracks all the way thru once

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:35

Lien
"Canadian fans will have access to a limited-edition Fan Pack version of Honk that will include the standard CD edition, an exclusive pair of sunglasses and an exclusive koozie – both featuring the Canadian Rolling Stones’ Tongue!"

Honk - ltd. edition (cd+sunglasses+koozie

[www.archambault.ca]

I'd like to see the sunglasses.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:42

Bashlets
I’ve seen videos on YouTube and would say pretty faithful but yes there definitely is some over dubbing. I picked up slightly changed jagger vocal in UMT. That said I’ve only listened to the tracks all the way thru once
Nothing overdubbed, but a lot of pitch correction on the vocals. Guitars are almost unedited, you have some obvious mistakes in there that could have been fixed but weren't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 13:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:43

So, there is no way to purchase downloads of just the live tracks? And no way to stream BoB and Bitch? I am not too keen on paying $25 for only 10 tracks I don't already have, 8 of which I can listen to streaming. I would be happy to purchase just these tracks, but it doesn't seem like I have that option. Am I missing something? Any "help" would be appreciated!

rossv427@hotmail.com

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:55

A few observations:

1. The track sequencing are a bit different towards the end. It ends with One More Shot.

2. Saint Of Me is the full album version without the crossfade from Out Of Control at the beginning.

3. No Single Versions.

4. The Live Album are better than expected.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 19, 2019 14:27

Matt1984

I really hope the physical release hasn’t made the mistake of saying this song was performed at the Arena.

It has. It also has the date of Wild Horses wrong. It's all very messy. Nobody checked or read what was printed. Principality Stadium with no city added to it, "Shine A Light Live at Arena, Amsterdam" but "Under My Thumb Live at London Stadium".

The booklet is packed with mistakes. Especially in the who played what section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 14:40 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 14:41

makustone
I'm listening to HONK on Spotify and I notice that Doom And Gloom and Ride 'Em On Down are different versions of the original ones! Especially in Ride 'Em On Down Mick sings it differently and harmonica solo is different! For these things I love the Stones more than my life! Did anyone notice something different in other songs on the album?

You‘re right - noticed differences in Doom and Gloom as well. Intonation in the second verse is different (garbage dump, end up drunk). I like this version! Even more aggressive!

Date: April 19, 2019 14:46

BowieStone
Matt1984

It has. It also has the date of Wild Horses wrong. It's all very messy. Nobody checked or read what was printed. Principality Stadium with no city added to it, "Shine A Light Live at Arena, Amsterdam" but "Under My Thumb Live at London Stadium".

They should really print new booklets if that’s the case. If they get enough complaints they might just do that.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2019 15:10

How's the pictures in the booklet, or are there any?

Date: April 19, 2019 15:28

Just received my 4 LP box set. The live LP is great but very disappointed with the Manchester error. Will be complaining and hopefully they will issue replacement jackets and sleeves.

I remember 2-3 years ago, the Red Hot Chili Peppers released a single for Record Store Day with the title spelt incorrectly and they issued replacements. To me the Manchester error is a bigger mistake so they should take action too.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2019 15:35

BowieStone
Matt1984

what did you expect? A critical edition meeting the philological state of the art?
It's just another hits collection plus a bonus CD being released at the beginning of a tour and ment to rip of fans

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 19, 2019 15:42

Guys, stop moaning the mistakes in the booklets. Them make the things special. And if they would issue corrected versions (which I doubt) you'd have a rare 1st misprint edition. Nobody moans about the fact the 1st pressing of The Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones [London 820 047-2] West German CD was marked STEREO on the label winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 19, 2019 15:50

BowieStone

It also has the date of Wild Horses wrong. It's all very messy. Nobody checked or read what was printed. Principality Stadium with no city added to it, "Shine A Light Live at Arena, Amsterdam" but "Under My Thumb Live at London Stadium".

What's wrong with it? This list should be correct: [iorr.org] ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home