Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 50
Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:21

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:22

frankotero
Hmm, I'm confused about who is going to buy this. Some people say/think this isn't aimed at the diehards. But on the other hand I'm told that the new generation doesn't buy physical releases, only downloads. So who's going to buy it?

Some old folks might buy it for their children and grandchildren.

Other than that.................

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:33

Originally I was disappointed.

Then I saw ... could it be ... could it be ... it is ... yes!!!!

Ed Sheeran!!!!!

This changes everything.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:51

Honk is a pretty cool name. But compared to Grrr...any name is cool... ;-)

Date: March 13, 2019 21:01

Chester

Ed Sheeran!!!!!

This changes everything.

LOL...are you serious? I was at the Kansas City show and he was awful ....all in my opinion of course. But man he was hard to watch and Beast of Burden was ruined.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 21:05 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 13, 2019 21:17

bitusa2012
Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. How many more times can they repackage everything we own and put it out again? Worse, no new studio tracks. Yet worse, most of us here will buy the bloody thing. I say boycott it..I ain't buying it. It'll be the first of anything the Stones have put out that I willingly avoid. Just crap. So f*****g disappointed.
Agree 100%

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 21:20

Gee I think She’s A Rainbow getting official live release (it’s first I’m pretty sure) this is pretty disappointing.

Date: March 13, 2019 21:25

diverseharmonics
bitusa2012
Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. How many more times can they repackage everything we own and put it out again? Worse, no new studio tracks. Yet worse, most of us here will buy the bloody thing. I say boycott it..I ain't buying it. It'll be the first of anything the Stones have put out that I willingly avoid. Just crap. So f*****g disappointed.
Agree 100%

Yet there will be a few cheerleaders (in denial) who claim this is the greatest thing to ever happen since sliced bread.
That they're still a creative/functioning/relevant band, and everything they do is fantastic - even regurgitating, rehashing, and spewing out the same old thing over and over again.
Granted not everyone lives in fantasy land and can view this in a more realistic way, but there definitely are a few who will overly praise anything and everything no matter how mundane or ridiculous...

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 13, 2019 21:35

I was at the KC show and they should release the entire concert ( including a great rendition Kansas City)instead of choosing the only weak point of the concert

Date: March 13, 2019 21:42

Hairball
diverseharmonics
bitusa2012
Agree 100%

Yet there will be a few cheerleaders (in denial) who claim this is the greatest thing to ever happen since sliced bread.
That they're still a creative/functioning/relevant band, and everything they do is fantastic - even regurgitating, rehashing, and spewing out the same old thing over and over again.
Granted not everyone lives in fantasy land and can view this in a more realistic way, but there definitely are a few who will overly praise anything and everything no matter how mundane or ridiculous...

I think the Stones are really out of touch with what a real Rolling Stones fan wants and needs. From this to the concert setlist. They cater to the casual fan. But I still love them and I hoping one day soon that the give the hardcore, die hard, long time fans something to get excited about. Kinda like Neil does. I think you can use him as a good example.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 21:59

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
diverseharmonics
bitusa2012
Agree 100%

I think the Stones are really out of touch with what a real Rolling Stones fan wants and needs. From this to the concert setlist. They cater to the casual fan. But I still love them and I hoping one day soon that the give the hardcore, die hard, long time fans something to get excited about. Kinda like Neil does. I think you can use him as a good example.

Give the hardcore fan something excited about? Come on! They released tons of material from their archives in the last years. They released material from nearly every tour on both audio and video and now they relese ONE thing for the masses and you have to read that statement here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 22:00 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:04

i bet katy perry is like super pissed.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:09

I am happy for the release of this collection that I will buy and give to my nephew who is discovering the world of the Stones. Unless there is something interesting ... in this case I'll keep it.

Date: March 13, 2019 22:13

hockenheim95
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
diverseharmonics
bitusa2012
Agree 100%

Give the hardcore fan something excited about? Come on! They released tons of material from their archives in the last years. They released material from nearly every tour on both audio and video and now they relese ONE thing for the masses and you have to read that statement here.

Tons?

A few ...Live From Texas...ok great stuff.

The DVD's from each tour are the same songs over and over in the same order.

I CANT' GET NO........A NO NO NO...hehehe

When you buy the latest DVD from the last tour are you ever excited the see what the last 4 or 5 songs are?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 22:13 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:15

jumpontopofmebaby
Chester

Ed Sheeran!!!!!

This changes everything.

Harsh. I watched the utube video 4-5 times, think we got it live here at IORR
*what is the next USA tour to do- shut off WIFI no live???
Anyway,
Ed the Red Headed Kid
was completely prepared, no cold feet, boom he played his guitar well AND sang well, smiled, was genuine jazzed to be there. He respected the song.
And I am tough tough tough tough tough w/ guests.

LOL...are you serious? I was at the Kansas City show and he was awful ....all in my opinion of course. But man he was hard to watch and Beast of Burden was ruined.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:17

I think exactly this makes it worth it to release something like this "repackage" of Stones classics.
In any new layout, these songs get more and more fantastic.

And.... There is even a new album coming! We live in a great Stone Age.

Testify
I am happy for the release of this collection that I will buy and give to my nephew who is discovering the world of the Stones. Unless there is something interesting ... in this case I'll keep it.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:36

shattered1978
I think exactly this makes it worth it to release something like this "repackage" of Stones classics.
In any new layout, these songs get more and more fantastic.

And.... There is even a new album coming! We live in a great Stone Age.

Testify

I agree. I love Hot Rocks or Jump Back but the design is really outdated and I am sure Honk comes in a great package that I can give to my 6year old Stones fan.

Date: March 13, 2019 22:38

Natlanta

Loose lips sink ships.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:45

Will this be on CD ?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:50

Bjorn
Honk is a pretty cool name. But compared to Grrr...any name is cool... ;-)

Lol well I like Grrrr over Honk. Aren't they basically just noises?? Why not whoooooosh or waka waka....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Plus would you rather have the Gorilla masks or Mallards for the preshow?? Or Fozzie Bear

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:56

HONK HONK

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:15

tomcasagranda

Will this be on CD ?

Yes: [www.MondadoriStore.it] .

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:49

Yes, the Kansas City show was one of the best I've seen since the 2012 return to touring. SFM was absolutely awesome and Kansas City the song was also a rare treat. I'm not an Ed Sheeran fan but I thought he did a fine job on BoB unlike other guest who have practically ruined the songs in their duets. The Dave Grohl Bitch track should be good too since they really stretched it out a bit.

I'm a sucker and will likely buy Honk just for the live tracks.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:53

Being released tomorrow on iTunes, I see.

Date: March 14, 2019 00:00

Natlanta

This could be part of the reason - she refused his offers.....

What happened when Mick Jagger hit on Katy Perry?

Never knew she sang backup on some of Jagger's solo material!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 14, 2019 00:04

Hairball
Natlanta

Yes; on the Alfie remake OST

Date: March 14, 2019 00:09

tomcasagranda
Hairball
Natlanta

Yes; on the Alfie remake OST

OST?

She mentions Old Habits Die Hard in the video clip, but what is OST?
Sorry, not that familiar with Jagger solo material to know the initials of all his songs - especially the Alfie soundtrack

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2019 00:22

HONK …. Hands Off Nick Kent …..

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-14 00:22 by Rockman.

Date: March 14, 2019 00:27

sandandglue
Being released tomorrow on iTunes, I see.

Pardon me?
Very cool new live tunes if true!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 14, 2019 00:35

Being released tomorrow on iTunes? Just checked USA store and saw nothing but I guess it could pop up tomorrow. Just want most of the
live tracks. I hope the 2 weeks they spent in LA was for new recording and not just overdubbing on the live crap.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home