Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 20, 2018 13:18

samMuc
jumpingjackflash5
I cannot come to USA but it's great that they convinced Charlie Watts...
I guess it was his wife who told him.. "You're a nightmare go to work !" grinning smiley

The horses need new shoes! Maybe he has to work to pay the Vet bill... not! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: November 20, 2018 13:30

Can you only buy lucky dip tickets in pairs? Any ideas on the cost of a pair?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 20, 2018 13:37

It was great to discover that the stones are playing Fexdexfield near DC because it didn't get leak like some of the other stops. What a surprise!!

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2018 14:19

A lot of the event pages on Ticketmaster list a "Ticketmaster Presale" on November 29th. Are these available to everybody or do you have to sign up somewhere?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2018 14:24

samMuc
jumpingjackflash5
I cannot come to USA but it's great that they convinced Charlie Watts...
I guess it was his wife who told him.. "You're a nightmare go to work !" grinning smiley

Charlie said his wife Shirley were happy with getting him "out of the house" at times. I guess that is the magic formula of being happily married. They have been married for 54 years now.

I do use the same formula myself, as I am away from home 2-3 months every year (I have been married for 43 years, but I am 13 years younger than Charlie...).

Anyway, there is a limit for everything. A month or two being away from home may be ok, while others miss their wife or husband after 24 hours, and have to phone home every 2-3 hours. Still if the "away from home" time is exceeding 2-3 months every year, that part of life will be dominant, and home is really away.

I don't thing most people like to be away from home 50% or more of the time. May be some times, but not every year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 20, 2018 14:29

bv
bluediamond
How do lucky dips work? I’m unfamiliar with the process but would like to get a pair for a Christmas gift. Is it possible to get 2 sets?

The whole point of Lucky Dip tickets is the fact that you buy these two tickets as a pair, for youself and a friend. They are not to be transfered or sold or given away, it is for yourself and another person, to avoid ticket trading (brokers and scalpers).

Actually, you càn buy multiple pairs (at least: you could for Europe) - as long as the whole bunch of people that are joining you is present at the time of the pick-up by you, 'the purchaser'.
So, in fact, if you want to give a par as a gift: that's alright - you càn do that. As long as you're one of the concert attenders.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 20, 2018 14:41

Please refresh my memory - There is a ticket pre-sale next (week) Wednesday and regular sale Friday. When do Lucky Dip tix sales normally take place?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 14:51 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 20, 2018 14:47

Chris Fountain
Please refresh my memory - There is a ticket pre-sale next Wednesday and regular sale Friday. When does Lucky Dip tix normally take place?

Lucky Dip tix normally go on sale in conjunction with the regular sale.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:28

Any ideas how much pit tickets will be?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:38

Not yet, but if Taylor Swift charges 800$ for hers, it's probably around the same ballpark.

Date: November 20, 2018 15:41

In one of the many articles read on the internet concerning the tour announcement, it was mentioned that the stage configuration will differ from the Euro tour stage.

Maybe there were kinks in the Euro stage?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:48

RoughJusticeOnYa

Actually, you càn buy multiple pairs (at least: you could for Europe) - as long as the whole bunch of people that are joining you is present at the time of the pick-up by you, 'the purchaser'.
So, in fact, if you want to give a par as a gift: that's alright - you càn do that. As long as you're one of the concert attenders.

thumbs up

Plan on buying several pairs (hopefully) for the Seattle show and taking my (adult) kids..
Love that it looks like GA standing at the back of the floor.
Depending on the seats chosen for LD's, gives us a shot to all stand together (assuming they switch 'em out ala Cardiff winking smiley )
Or we "self upgrade" to GA.

Also, although they'll be seats on the floor in front of GA, once the show starts it'll be the same as GA floor in the UK that was behind Golden C, because everyone will be standing for the Stones cool smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 20, 2018 16:31

Would NOLA Jazzfest be all standing?

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 20, 2018 16:51

steffialicia
Would NOLA Jazzfest be all standing?

Assuming they play at the Acura stage and use the standard layout, it will be mostly standing GA. There should be a standing Pit or what Jazz Fest calls Grand Marshall which is a VIP area. There are 2 other VIP areas that are seated called Big Chief and Krewe. These all sell for a premium. There is also GA seating in the very back in bleachers but you will have to get there very early to get seating.

Here's the map, Acura is on the left side.

[9xzxv1eo7572295fo1ebb5x1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:12

So when can we start complaining about the set list is still to early for that? If not I wanna hear some stuff from under cover emotional rescue black blue dirty work.please leave start me up and miss you at home.out of control in ...you got me rocking in...respectable in...just your fool in..new album. Waiting...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:19

Why did they announce the 2019 US tour five months before tour start, while the standard during the past few years of tour announcements have been less than two months before tour start?

The North America Zip Code Tour 2015 was announced on March 31, 2015, with tour start at the Fonda Theatre on May 20. Now the announcement of the The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 was made November 19, 2018, for a tour start April 20, 2019.

Sure it is most convenient for The Rolling Stones to announce tours on a short notice. The insurance cost is higher the longer they need to hold on to agreed upon touring, at their age. They are free to do anything they want to do until the signature is on the paper, and the tour is a done deal legally.

There are probably several reasons, and one important factor is the investment level of the tour next year in USA. It is more significant, like 60% larger than any tours of 14 shows in the past. There is more money involved, more tickets to be sold, and at a higher ticket price. Also, like some have mentioned here, having five months of planning, even before the major holidays sales, The Rolling Stones might be counted in as one of many investments people do for the next months to come.

You might say that going to a Stones show these days is not simply like going to the cinemas, it is a significant investment. You might take friends and family. You might book hotels and travel. There are travel packages to be sold, and it is a major operation. These are the "beancounter" factors, which I am sure the lawyers and the accountants of the Stones do have a lot more accurate than me:

The 14 shows of the No Filter Europe 2018 tour brought in ticket sales of US $118 million, while the The 14 shows of the No Filter Europe 2017 tour brought in US $120 million, making the tour’s overall gross US $238 million with 1,506,219 tickets sold, i.e. average ticket price US $158, and average crowds of 54,000 per show.

The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 will be 16 shows, larger venues and slightly higher ticket prices. With an estimated crowd of 60,000 fans per show, i.e. close to one million tickets sold, and average ticket prices of $200, they could easily have an estimated gross ticket sale of US $192 million. This is 61% more than each of the 14 shows tour legs sold in Europe.

It might be just another show, just another tour, for the fans, for you and me, but some are in charge of the close to US $200 million investment, and they are making sure this will be a great success, not just musically, but also economically.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:22

bv
Why did they announce the 2019 US tour five months before tour start, while the standard during the past few years of tour announcements have been less than two months before tour start?

The North America Zip Code Tour 2015 was announced on March 31, 2015, with tour start at the Fonda Theatre on May 20. Now the announcement of the The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 was made November 19, 2018, for a tour start April 20, 2019.

Sure it is most convenient for The Rolling Stones to announce tours on a short notice. The insurance cost is higher the longer they need to hold on to agreed upon touring, at their age. They are free to do anything they want to do until the signature is on the paper, and the tour is a done deal legally.

There are probably several reasons, and one important factor is the investment level of the tour next year in USA. It is more significant, like 60% larger than any tours of 14 shows in the past. There is more money involved, more tickets to be sold, and at a higher ticket price. Also, like some have mentioned here, having five months of planning, even before the major holidays sales, The Rolling Stones might be counted in as one of many investments people do for the next months to come.

You might say that going to a Stones show these days is not simply like going to the cinemas, it is a significant investment. You might take friends and family. You might book hotels and travel. There are travel packages to be sold, and it is a major operation. These are the "beancounter" factors, which I am sure the lawyers and the accountants of the Stones do have a lot more accurate than me:

The 14 shows of the No Filter Europe 2018 tour brought in ticket sales of US $118 million, while the The 14 shows of the No Filter Europe 2017 tour brought in US $120 million, making the tour’s overall gross US $238 million with 1,506,219 tickets sold, i.e. average ticket price US $158, and average crowds of 54,000 per show.

The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 will be 16 shows, larger venues and slightly higher ticket prices. With an estimated crowd of 60,000 fans per show, i.e. close to one million tickets sold, and average ticket prices of $200, they could easily have an estimated gross ticket sale of US $192 million. This is 61% more than each of the 14 shows tour legs sold in Europe.

It might be just another show, just another tour, for the fans, for you and me, but some are in charge of the close to US $200 million investment, and they are making sure this will be a great success, not just musically, but also economically.

GREAT post

Rod

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:23

ohmercy61
So when can we start complaining about the set list is still to early for that? If not I wanna hear some stuff from under cover emotional rescue black blue dirty work.please leave start me up and miss you at home.out of control in ...you got me rocking in...respectable in...just your fool in..new album. Waiting...

It's still too early. No one will be able to mentally handle 6 months of setlist discussions.

Date: November 20, 2018 17:28

ohmercy61

You can give it a go here, and see what happens...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:34

rara
ohmercy61

It's still too early. No one will be able to mentally handle 6 months of setlist discussions.

Or go back and forth that long on what to wear confused smileytongue sticking out smiley

I’M THRILLED!!!
My kids: ‘What? You keep saying last time was the last time’ heh heh heh

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:36

Any word on ticket prices yet?

Date: November 20, 2018 17:37

fzv98d
Any word on ticket prices yet?

See Bjørnulf's post. Will be slightly more expensive, it seems.

Date: November 20, 2018 17:40

DandelionPowderman
ohmercy61

You can give it a go here, and see what happens...

I recommend the start of a new thread entitled: "Pre-Setlist Concerns - 2019 US No Filter Tour" tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:42

Chris Fountain
In one of the many articles read on the internet concerning the tour announcement, it was mentioned that the stage configuration will differ from the Euro tour stage.

Hopefully it's something similar or at least custom built and not the standard stadium pop up stage they used in 2015.

Date: November 20, 2018 17:44

Dan
Chris Fountain

Hopefully it's something similar or at least custom built and not the standard stadium pop up stage they used in 2015.

Agreed - too much blockage on the 2015 stage. Not Fan Friendly.

Date: November 20, 2018 17:45

I am sure the reason they made the announcement now is for ONE....get tickets out there and for sale before x-mas....and TWO if they are more expensive than before it allows more time to sell them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 17:59 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:45

Does anybody have a feel for whether the American Express presale or the fan club presale will have better tickets or if they will be the same pool? Also, which do you think will be easier to get tickets?

Date: November 20, 2018 17:48

keefmick
Does anybody have a feel for whether the American Express presale or the fan club presale will have better tickets or if they will be the same pool? Also, which do you think will be easier to get tickets?

It's usually the same pool, but there is always a chance it might not be.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: November 20, 2018 17:49

Anyone know any more about when New Orleans Jazz Fest will be announced?

Date: November 20, 2018 17:50

raphph
Anyone know any more about when New Orleans Jazz Fest will be announced?

Probably before May 2

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home