Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: November 21, 2018 16:58

keefmick
If I am unable to get pit tickets, do you think floor "seats" are better than side stage up close in the stands? I am taking my daughter who is only 5 feet tall and afraid with everyone standing on the floor she won't be able to see. Unless the stage is high enough that that is not a problem. Can't decide between floor and side stage in the stands. Thoughts?

I always try to get seats on the side. Floor tickets are spoilt for me by the 1000's of mobile phones being held aloft. I had Lucky Dip general admission at Twickenham and could barely see the stage all night due to phones being held up high. I had to rely on the video screens to see what was happening on stage. It completely spoilt what otherwise was a great show.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:00

keefmick
If I am unable to get pit tickets, do you think floor "seats" are better than side stage up close in the stands? I am taking my daughter who is only 5 feet tall and afraid with everyone standing on the floor she won't be able to see. Unless the stage is high enough that that is not a problem. Can't decide between floor and side stage in the stands. Thoughts?

No. Stands are the answer. With floor seats, I think daughter's view will be obstructed. Entire concert enjoyment and experience may be compromised.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 17:07 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: 84pk ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:09

Do your daughter a favor and get seats on the side of the stage. I had GA tix for U2 last summer. We were 20 feet from the stage and my daughter had a hard time seeing so she spent most of the show on someone's shoulders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 17:11 by 84pk.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:10

keefmick

Seated side stage.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:15

Thanks everybody for the great advice of floor vs. side stage! If I can get pit tickets I presume that is still the best option?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:26

grzegorz67

I can easily see the Pit being $1,000. Maybe even more sad smiley And not even as good as the UK/European Pit as it looks bigger.

I'm sure you'll find a way though Topi thumbs up. You had a very impressive Lucky Dip Pit strike rate this year winking smiley

Are you planning many shows ?

Planning to see the last four (assuming Metlife and Chicago get the 2nd dates). While face value pits may be out of my league, I'll make sure to grab LD's to at least two of those shows.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:35

It's the pit or nothing for me and my friends I was in the 300 level 1 time in89 tour opener in Philadelphia never again. You cant measure the energy level being up close to mick and the band so you get a elbow in the head or spilled beer on you its totally worth it.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:36

Topi
grzegorz67

I can easily see the Pit being $1,000. Maybe even more sad smiley And not even as good as the UK/European Pit as it looks bigger.

I'm sure you'll find a way though Topi thumbs up. You had a very impressive Lucky Dip Pit strike rate this year winking smiley

Are you planning many shows ?

Planning to see the last four (assuming Metlife and Chicago get the 2nd dates). While face value pits may be out of my league, I'll make sure to grab LD's to at least two of those shows.

I'm planning to dip the 2 New York Shows. Boston's a maybe as I have a long time friend who lives there. Saw them there with him on Licks 2002.

I think the New York shows will get more Tourist Fans than any of the others as it's the cheapest and easiest US City to fly to.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:40

Someone reported Taylor swift pit tickets were 800$ ridiculous by the way .so for stones probably around a grand or more. dam I can't believe it that is alot when you think about it.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:42

should be fine.. although expensive since it is 40 miles.. and the traffic is really dense around the stadium - very slow going and many roads closed. If you can stand to walk 8 or 10 blocks and THEN call your uber it would be faster and less painful.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:49

bitusa2012
I think I read on Steve Hoffman site:

"There's $1,650-$3,300 face value tickets on this tour?"

GULP.

That post was a (joking) response to "You will be paying 100-200 times what you paid in 81!"

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 17:59

Here's my advice.

Think of the VIP packages as insurance. If you really want Pit tickets and don't want to take any chances, buy them on the first day.

If you're ok with waiting, buy the ticket on StubHub. You'll probably pay between $600-$1000, so you'll save a few hundred at least.

Of course I am typing this with no knowledge of pricing yet, but if the most recent North American tours are any indication, this strategy should be fine.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:07

keefmick
Thanks everybody for the great advice of floor vs. side stage! If I can get pit tickets I presume that is still the best option?

No I think we are all suggesting if she is 5’ and you are concerned about visual sight, the Pit would (suggesting) not be the best-
Tall people all around (men) stage high and close, partial albeit upclose views.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:22

35love
keefmick

No I think we are all suggesting if she is 5’ and you are concerned about visual sight, the Pit would (suggesting) not be the best-
Tall people all around (men) stage high and close, partial albeit upclose views.

You should have been in Prague and Warsaw then - there are loads of very tall Czech & Polish... women as well as men! 6 foot women are not rare. There was one right next to me in Prague and I'm a 5 foot 8.5 male (1.74m)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 18:23 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:32

Bonnaroo 2019: Could The Rolling Stones headline?

Dave Paulson, Nashville Tennessean Nov. 20, 2018

John Partipilo / The Tennessean

Fans around the country are no doubt thrilled that The Rolling Stones are coming to their town on the 2019 "No Filter" tour. But here in Middle Tennessee, there's reason to be excited about the dates the rock giants haven't booked.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and company will kick off the tour April 20 in Miami, and for the most part, they'll play a show every four to five days through June 21.

But there's a significant gap between the band's June 13 stop in East Rutherford, New Jersey and the tour-closer at Chicago's Solider Field on June 21. And that's when the 2019 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival takes place (June 13 to 16 in Manchester, Tennessee).

Now, there are several valid reasons why the Stones could headline Bonnaroo — but there are just as many reasons why they wouldn't. We'll start with the negative.

For one thing, every show on this tour is followed by a minimum of three days off for the band. If they were to headline Bonnaroo, and to close out the festival on June 16, that still would only allow for two days off between gigs.

Furthermore, the Stones obsessives at the "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" fan club believe it's possible the band will add a second date at MetLife Stadium on June 17 — which would makes sense, as it's the largest market of the tour.

But in the "pro" column: There's precedent for Bonnaroo booking a massive, legendary act like the Rolling Stones.

In addition to the festival's affinity for veteran rockers (Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty), it also shelled out considerable funds to book U2 for their first U.S. festival ever in 2017.

That's the same boat the Stones are in, essentially. In the modern festival era, they've never played a U.S. fest, and it was a very big deal when they played England's Glastonbury Festival for the first time in 2013.

Still, if Bonnaroo does land the Stones, they might not be the first U.S. festival, after all. Fans in New Orleans are buzzing after Jagger mentioned their city's name in a new song listing the tour dates — which would put them in town for Jazz Fest. Unfortunately, Jagger didn't sing anything about Bonnaroo or Tennessee.

And just to make things really interesting: Paul McCartney also has a huge gap in his 2019 "Freshen Up" tour that would put him in Bonnaroo's neck of the woods that week. But he headlined in 2013, and when it comes to its biggest headliners, Bonnaroo, too, likes to keep things fresh — though Radiohead, Eminem and Red Hot Chili Peppers have all returned in recent years.

If tradition holds, we're less than two months away from finding out the truth. Bonnaroo typically reveals its lineup in early January.

[www.tennessean.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:35

...Who's he callin' "obsessive " here, that boy Dave...!!?? smoking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:36

I just checked Ticketmaster for ticket prices and could not find prices . Does anyone know the cost from the cheapest to the highest cost for tickets please ?

Date: November 21, 2018 18:38

JN99
Hairball
DrFixembones
If there is a larger capacity in United States football arenas then on the Europe tour, shouldn’t tickets be cheaper? Less seats, higher price, more seats, lower price. Reasonable , no?

You would think so, but this is the Stones - known for pillaging and plundering their way through the States many times.
If there's a way to make the shows extremely profitable, the Stones will find a way. Just wait until you see the multiple VIP packages - silver, gold, platinum, etc.
That said, I look forward to getting in at a reasonable price - whether purchasing mid range at $200 max, lucky dips, or waiting it out for the massive price drops which are sure to happen at a few stadiums.

It's just the way it is, sucks for us but it's not just the Stones. Just for fun, I have no intention of going, I logged in to the presale for an upcoming KISS show here in WA. Easily able to pull 2nd row but VIP only at $750 ea. A friend said it was $1000 front row, $750 2nd row, $500 3rd row. Again, that's KISS...

The difference with the Stones is I simply don't even get to see those tickets. Gone are the days I could get online at the start of an on sale for a show and pretty much without question pull floor seats in the first 20 rows. That's how it was for No Security. It seems our access to the really good tickets continues to dwindle while the prices continue to rise.

So true! Ticketmaster's scalping program review in the news a few weeks back proved that.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 18:51 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:51

keefmick

I answered this question at the Paul McCartney 41 song show in the then named First Niagara Center arena at Buffalo in October 2015, just three months after the Stones 19 song show in July. My daughter purchased two tickets on Stub Hub for the sold out show a couple weeks before the show for $300 each. Our seats were on the floor in the back section of the seating setup. People were standing throughout the entire show. Views became obstructed because taller people were standing in front of us. During the show it was obvious that the elevated seating on the sides would have offered the best views. Unless you're in the first 25 rows on the floor, the sides might be a much better option both for unobstructed viewing and price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 19:02 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:54

carouslambra
keefmick

I always try to get seats on the side. Floor tickets are spoilt for me by the 1000's of mobile phones being held aloft. I had Lucky Dip general admission at Twickenham and could barely see the stage all night due to phones being held up high. I had to rely on the video screens to see what was happening on stage. It completely spoilt what otherwise was a great show.

Ban cell phones!!!

I paid $750 for a ticket to Brooklyn show in 2012 and the tourists in front of me had their cell phones up the entire night.

Quite annoying!!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 21, 2018 18:58

bye bye johnny

Fans around the country are no doubt thrilled that The Rolling Stones are coming to their town on the 2019 "No Filter" tour. But here in Middle Tennessee, there's reason to be excited about the dates the rock giants haven't booked.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and company will kick off the tour April 20 in Miami, and for the most part, they'll play a show every four to five days through June 21.

But there's a significant gap between the band's June 13 stop in East Rutherford, New Jersey and the tour-closer at Chicago's Solider Field on June 21. And that's when the 2019 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival takes place (June 13 to 16 in Manchester, Tennessee).

Now, there are several valid reasons why the Stones could headline Bonnaroo — but there are just as many reasons why they wouldn't. We'll start with the negative.

For one thing, every show on this tour is followed by a minimum of three days off for the band. If they were to headline Bonnaroo, and to close out the festival on June 16, that still would only allow for two days off between gigs.

Furthermore, the Stones obsessives at the "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" fan club believe it's possible the band will add a second date at MetLife Stadium on June 17 — which would makes sense, as it's the largest market of the tour.

But in the "pro" column: There's precedent for Bonnaroo booking a massive, legendary act like the Rolling Stones.

In addition to the festival's affinity for veteran rockers (Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty), it also shelled out considerable funds to book U2 for their first U.S. festival ever in 2017.

That's the same boat the Stones are in, essentially. In the modern festival era, they've never played a U.S. fest, and it was a very big deal when they played England's Glastonbury Festival for the first time in 2013.

Still, if Bonnaroo does land the Stones, they might not be the first U.S. festival, after all. Fans in New Orleans are buzzing after Jagger mentioned their city's name in a new song listing the tour dates — which would put them in town for Jazz Fest. Unfortunately, Jagger didn't sing anything about Bonnaroo or Tennessee.

And just to make things really interesting: Paul McCartney also has a huge gap in his 2019 "Freshen Up" tour that would put him in Bonnaroo's neck of the woods that week. But he headlined in 2013, and when it comes to its biggest headliners, Bonnaroo, too, likes to keep things fresh — though Radiohead, Eminem and Red Hot Chili Peppers have all returned in recent years.

If tradition holds, we're less than two months away from finding out the truth. Bonnaroo typically reveals its lineup in early January.

[www.tennessean.com]

Should note U2 did play the US Festival in southern CA, early 80's, but they were not headliners as best as I can remember, just another band on the bill.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:03

OhYesMeAgain
I was wondering does anyone think it would be too grueling to take an Uber back to San Francisco/Berkeley area right after the Santa Clara show?

That's the drive I will be doing

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:07

"Furthermore, the Stones obsessives at the "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" fan club..

Dave's not wrong.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Could be a new nick-name for us stones-freaks.
The Stones Obsessives... aka The SOB's cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:21

MKjan
bye bye johnny

[www.tennessean.com]

Should note U2 did play the US Festival in southern CA, early 80's, but they were not headliners as best as I can remember, just another band on the bill.

No not headliners, but definitely a highlight of the third day.
There was "new wave day" (Clash headliner), "heavy metal day" (Van Halen headliner), and finally "rock day" (David Bowie headliner).
U2 were around middle of the bill the third day playing in daylight, and I remember Bono climbing precariously up and around the scaffolding!
While Bowie was great as the grand finale, my memory of his set is a bit blurry after staying up nearly three days straight and hanging by a thread,
Absolute best was The Clash - my third time seeing them, and the last show with Mick Jones in the band.

But I digress....as a "Stones obsessive" (lol) I don't think they will be playing Bonaroo!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:37

OhYesMeAgain
I was wondering does anyone think it would be too grueling to take an Uber back to San Francisco/Berkeley area right after the Santa Clara show?

I just looked it up on Lyft, which tends to be cheaper in SF, and if I left now, it's $80, but it might be more given surge pricing and the time of night after the show. Also, you may not be able to find anyone open to taking that drive, but I have little experience in that.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:40

TheGreek
Happy Thanksgiving ! My # 1 wish and hope is to be forgiven for my sins and transgressions . From the ashes of OLE I sincerely hope the Phoenix can rise high and fly once again all the way to Pasadena to the Crescent city to the beloved swamps of East Rutherford and to anywhere else including to the home of the Liberty bell where it all began when we were all so young so long ago . P.S. you were so right last spring because I am begging and groveling from having the Glimmer Twins so far up me bum and into my blood stream and I love it , love it , YES I DO till I draw my very last breath . Sincerely I hope and wish we can close the circle from OLE and get back to where we belong !

Say whaa?

plexi

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:45

Question about presale tickets

Am I the only one convinced that the first tickets to pop up during the presale are the shitty tickets that Ticketmaster wants to make sure are 1) sold and 2) sold at a higher price than they are worth?

I got bad tickets for Marseille even though I bought them during the first minutes of the pre-sale. Same thing for a couple of previous shows by other artists.

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-22 00:20 by daniel t.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:58

It all seems so random but getting into any of the on sales early even immediately, pre or general doesn't seem to be a proven method for scoring the best tix anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 20:13 by JN99.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:58

daniel t

Am I the only one convinced that the first tickets to pop up during the presale are the shitty tickets that Ticketmaster wants to make sure are 1) sold and 2) sold at a higher price that they worth?

I got bad tickets for Marseille even though I bought them during the first minutes of the pre-sale. Same thing for a couple of previous shows by other artists.

What do you think?

I have no faith in presales. In my experience, the seats/Pits I've wanted "sell out" immediately. This is purely a tactic to get impatient or panicked folks to buy the outrageously priced VP packages, and of course many will end up buying seats they don't really want. For the London shows, Pit "sold out" immediately. I know people who then dropped $1200 for VIP even though they didn't want to. Within a few weeks, Pits started falling like rain. There were a few days when you could pull Pit every time you tried. It was silly. Patience is key.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 19:59 by GAFF.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:11

daniel t

Am I the only one convinced that the first tickets to pop up during the presale are the shitty tickets that Ticketmaster wants to make sure are 1) sold and 2) sold at a higher price that they worth?

What do you think?

I would definitely wait if there are a bunch of overpriced seats going for top dollar early on.
Many of us will pay it because we’re hardcore fans but when you get into those NFL stadiums that’s ALOT of tickets to move and you need the general public to do it.
The Stones are a beloved group in the States but they’ve done many,many huge tours here and most people who are interested have seen them already.you start asking for 5 or 6 hundred dollars for balcony seats you’re gonna get a whole lotta”no thanks”,my advice-if they get stupid on day one just wait,

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home