Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:24

FYI I live in Houston and traffic jams pre and post concert at NRG waste as much as 2 hours of your life.. tip have Uber/Lyft drop you off as soon as traffic starts to jam up and you can see the stadium and walk the rest of the way = same when you leave - do not go to the uber lot.. walk a few blocks then call the uber - much much much faster. Sound is pretty awful in that stadium -
The immediate walking area is not nice at all but has a few hotels/motels but very long walk and crap accommodations. Recommend staying somewhere not near NRG - downtown or Galleria.

Happy ticket shopping!..

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:35

cmc
Woz
I’m sure it will all be seated in the US stadiums.

No doubt. Indy was the U.S. Zip Code exception, as grzegorz67 pointed out, for no assigned seating. All of the stadiums in the upcoming tour will certainly have seating - most likely all the way to the stage.

And it will be New Orleans this time. There seems to be one exception per tour and it’s always a festival/field show. Several US posters point to the The Disastrous Who Show in Cincinnati in 1979 as a turning point from floor standing to floor seating, even though the 1981 tour, attended by many older fans on here routinely had whole floor GA with no sectors of any kind! It must have been chaos at thr front.

Here in the U.K.,along with Europe we usually had whole floor GA right up to Voodoo Lounge in 1995 and even quite a few BtB shows in 1998/9 still had whole floor GA, notably Paris and Edinburgh. They tried seats on the floor here on Licks and ABB but thankfully long since dropped.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:43

For San Diego Zip Code I had a mid range priced aisle seat in the center about 30 rows back near the catwalk, and had some friends in the 9th row aisle same section in front of me.
It was pretty much a free-for-all with all the aisles clogged throughout the show - everyone standing, people coming and going, etc., so made my way up to my friends who invited me in.
Then came the encore, and I waltzed right up to the stage near Matt Lee. While most of the ushers were laid back and didn't seem to care about all the chaos while they enjoyed the show themselves,
there were a few angry bouncer type thugs trying to maintain civility, but their efforts were futile for the most part. All in all, a great time was had by most!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:46

grzegorz67
cmc
Woz
I’m sure it will all be seated in the US stadiums.

No doubt. Indy was the U.S. Zip Code exception, as grzegorz67 pointed out, for no assigned seating. All of the stadiums in the upcoming tour will certainly have seating - most likely all the way to the stage.

And it will be New Orleans this time. There seems to be one exception per tour and it’s always a festival/field show. Several US posters point to the The Disastrous Who Show in Cincinnati in 1979 as a turning point from floor standing to floor seating, even though the 1981 tour, attended by many older fans on here routinely had whole floor GA with no sectors of any kind! It must have been chaos at thr front.

Here in the U.K.,along with Europe we usually had whole floor GA right up to Voodoo Lounge in 1995 and even quite a few BtB shows in 1998/9 still had whole floor GA, notably Paris and Edinburgh. They tried seats on the floor here on Licks and ABB but thankfully long since dropped.

It is more of a money thing. Criteria are ticket sales and insurance. Joshua Tree tour was in many of the same venues and was GA with a catwalk and a pit. I was at Levi Stadium and the only venues U2 didn't play were Jacksonville and Denver. U2 wanted GA field and those were cheapest tickets. Stones will be trying to maximize revenue (well, the promoters will) because it is all about the benjamin's.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:53

grzegorz67
the 1981 tour, attended by many older fans on here routinely had whole floor GA with no sectors of any kind! It must have been chaos at thr front.

Complete chaos at the L.A. Coliseum, 1981.

First day arrived to see a massive line already waiting, and by the time we made it in the floor was filled to the brim. Opted for seats about 1/3 of the way back and 30 rows up which were really nice.
The second day my brother and I got a much earlier start, and by the time we made it in made a beeline for the field which was already getting packed.
The closest we made it to the stage was about 30 people back which was a feat in itself, and I remember being caught in a wave of movement when the Stones hit the stage.
Thrilling, yet a bit scary at the same time!

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:56

By all accounts, this will be very similar to Zip Code in 2015. 16 shows, one or two festivals.

If you assume the band has to generate at least $5/$6 million per show, the average ticket price will be about $150. If it was an arena tour, the average would be closer to $300.

They'll have insane VIP price and gold circle which allows them flex the rest of the stadium as the show date nears and they will achieve their numbers.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:56

Jumping Jack Flash was prominently playing as background music coming out of halftime on the national (USA) broadcast of the Eagles/Saints at the New Orleans super dome. No way it’s a coincidence. Just a way to subtly get the Stones back on people’s minds.

Date: November 19, 2018 01:59

Hairball
grzegorz67
the 1981 tour, attended by many older fans on here routinely had whole floor GA with no sectors of any kind! It must have been chaos at thr front.

Complete chaos at the L.A. Coliseum, 1981.

First day arrived to see a massive line already waiting, and by the time we made it in the floor was filled to the brim. Opted for seats about 1/3 of the way back and 30 rows up which were really nice.
The second day my brother and I got a much earlier start, and by the time we made it in made a beeline for the field which was already getting packed.
The closest we made it to the stage was about 30 people back which was a feat in itself, and I remember being caught in a wave of movement when the Stones hit the stage.
Thrilling, yet a bit scary at the same time!

Good account and I can picture all of that in my head. Sometimes it’s better to keep a safe distance. The show openers in Philadelphia looked pretty scary on that tour. Yes, someone did mention insurance before, probably because Stones audiences in the US tend to be that bit older than here.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 19, 2018 02:04

BRING BACK THE OLD B-STAGE!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 19, 2018 02:24

Tomorrow Iheart radio Keith and Mick together.
In the same room?
Can I simply get a link to the live broadcast (link-1 click only)
or mumbo jumbo, join, give info etc.

*never ask what you can look up yourself
Here is classic rock iheart radio very easy thanks sounds good
[www.iheart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 02:53 by 35love.

Date: November 19, 2018 02:54

drbryant
BRING BACK THE OLD B-STAGE!!

Which tour grinning smiley ?

VL, BtB, Licks and ABB all had one. I’d personally go for BtB.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 19, 2018 03:02

cmc
MAF
syrel
Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.

Pits were absent for all U.S. Zip Code venues, if I recall correctly.

True, but now they have a new stadium stage set-up they used for No Filter I and II, if they want to transport and install it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 19, 2018 03:19

angee
cmc
MAF
syrel
Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.

True, but now they have a new stadium stage set-up they used for No Filter I and II, if they want to transport and install it.

There’s nothing to stop them putting seats on all the floor sections. The Zip Code stage and catwalk was exactly the same one used on 14 on Fire in Europe, where all 14 shows had standing on the floor, yet Zip Code Stadium shows were all seated.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 19, 2018 03:31

grzegorz67
angee
cmc
MAF
syrel

syrel

There’s nothing to stop them putting seats on all the floor sections. The Zip Code stage and catwalk was exactly the same one used on 14 on Fire in Europe, where all 14 shows had standing on the floor, yet Zip Code Stadium shows were all seated.

True, but..
The "T" at the end of the catwalk of the No Filter stage, creates a barrier around the pit unlike the Zip Code stage did.

Three viable options with this stage. They could eliminate the "T" and fill the floor with seats(keeping the catwalk portion or not), Fill the pit areas with seats while keeping the "T" (which would be a bit awkward imo), Or keep the standing pits intact and begin the seating after the "T".
I think it will be the latter...

Date: November 19, 2018 03:39

MisterDDDD
grzegorz67
angee
cmc
MAF
syrel

syrel

True, but..
The "T" at the end of the catwalk of the No Filter stage, creates a barrier around the pit unlike the Zip Code stage did.

Three viable options with this stage. They could eliminate the "T" and fill the floor with seats(keeping the catwalk portion or not), Fill the pit areas with seats while keeping the "T" (which would be a bit awkward imo), Or keep the standing pits intact and begin the seating after the "T".
I think it will be the latter...

Your last suggestion is a decent shout. With the proviso that entry to the pits is much more strictly controlled than it was in Europe grinning smiley

I can’t see anything other than seats on the whole rest of the floor though.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 03:51

Zip Code was seated. I don't think there is any other option. How can you charge that kind of money for GA?

The tongue Pit for 50 and Counting was awesome. Just the right number of people, you could move around and the people who wanted to get to the front were able to.

The entire floor should be seated, it also allows for more dynamic pricing as the show date nears.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:09

The 'T' sucked. Designed for security.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:10

Seats arefor old people. Go sit up in the 300 level...mick don't need a seat and hes 75.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:23

ohmercy61
Seats arefor old people. Go sit up in the 300 level...mick don't need a seat and hes 75.

or disabled people... sad smiley

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:26

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 04:31 by dnewton99.

Date: November 19, 2018 04:36

DREAMTIME
The 'T' sucked. Designed for security.

How so?
Agree on the security design aspect, but I rather enjoyed it overall.
Found it much better from the Golden Circle side than the pit (perhaps you didn't experience it from there?). From the Pit, it was more difficult than usual to see when Mick and the rest ventured out to it because of the height.. but from GC, I found it very reminiscent of the "B" stage..

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:36

I was looking thru completed sales in Stubhub for San Diego 2015 and someone paid like 4500 each for 8 tickets in the front row. That's why we aren't going to be seeing a pit.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:39

Seating chart for Garth Brooks at State Farm Stadium. Making plans!
[www.statefarmstadium.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:39

Larkin Poe are ending up with the same kind of opening slots afforded to acts like Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Jonny Lang a generation before. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up on a gig or two. Vintage Trouble is also a go-to act when bands want a decent classic rock type to open the show.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:48

Dan
Larkin Poe are ending up with the same kind of opening slots afforded to acts like Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Jonny Lang a generation before. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up on a gig or two. Vintage Trouble is also a go-to act when bands want a decent classic rock type to open the show.

Greta Van Fleet or the Struts might be good ones, too. Although the Struts might be uncomfortable for Mick. The singer is the unholy love child of Mick & Freddie Mercury. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 19, 2018 04:58

The Struts opened a couple of 2017 No Filter shows.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 19, 2018 05:09

Spring USA Stadium Tour
There is, literally, a seat for anyone. Take a seat, Europeans, we sittin in the USA
‘the butcher, the banker, the drummer and then’
And just like IORR,
leave your politics at home.
All
inclusive
as long as you’ve got a ticket.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 19, 2018 05:15

From radio.com:

Tickets for the 'No Filter' US Tour 2019 On Sale Friday, November 30 at 10AM at RollingStones.com

[todays1019.radio.com]

Date: November 19, 2018 05:19

smileys with beer
Thanks bye bye johnny!

7 AM Pacific time for me..cool smiley
Course the link is re the Boston show, they may stagger times or days..

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 19, 2018 05:21

Dan
I was looking thru completed sales in Stubhub for San Diego 2015 and someone paid like 4500 each for 8 tickets in the front row. That's why we aren't going to be seeing a pit.

San Diego ticket sales were hot because it was the only west coast show of the tour. If I recall, there were all sorts of tickets available at good prices for the rest of the tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home