Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 21:42

MisterDDDD
snoopy2
MisterDDDD

Curious about the coastal train.. Probably will fly out for west shows (Bay Area and Seattle) and wondered how I was going to get between those two cities, does it run pretty regular?

For other shows I'm planning NOLA, Philly, NY/NJ, and Chicago all of which I'll most likely road trip between.

I believe it runs about twice a day as I recall(am/pm).. takes about 24 hours.
Busses (Greyhound, Bolt) are also decent, less expensive options, I will definitely post if I end up driving and would be happy to fill the car cool smiley

Appreciate the info and offer.. Same goes if you end up out east and we're headed in same direction smiling smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:02

Every Stones Fan in the country dropped big dollars to do two weekends of Desert Trip, I wasn't surprised at all that they had difficulty selling the Vegas shows.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:03

syrel
sarahunwin

I've reserved rooms in Pasadena, Santa Clara, NJ and Chicago! Depending on ticket cost how many I can actually go to but for sure California and Chicago!!

Well if you're 'local' then it's worth taking a punt on the lucky dips and paying more for travel, but as I'm flying across the atlantic, I want to know I've got decent seats first, and accept that they'll be expensive. Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel

I'm screwed as I need front five rows - lol!!!!!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:05

timbernardis
sarahunwin
syrel
MisterDDDD
syrel
Well, I am late to this party... How come it is all happening so quickly? Just spent all day reserving hotel rooms cool smiley

Great to hear you'll be making the trip over syrel!
You were SO helpful with travel tips in the UK, would be happy to return the favor if any assistance needed. What shows you planning on??

I've reserved rooms for Santa-Clara, Seattle, Denver, New York and Chicago. If it all pans out as expected, I will probably drop Denver as I will probably have a commitment in Montreal on 24-26 May. Then I'll come back for the last four shows. I'm not quite buzzing with excitement about these shows (yet), but a week in NY and week in Chicago will be neat, and I can throw in a couple of cool train journeys as well. And it all depends on scoring decent tickets.

syrel

I've reserved rooms in Pasadena, Santa Clara, NJ and Chicago! Depending on ticket cost how many I can actually go to but for sure California and Chicago!!

But Sarah, u live in the Bay Area, why get a room in Santa Clara when u can just drive?

Hopefully we'll c u in Chicago.

plexi

I never drive anywhere after a show! Always like to have a hotel in walking distance no matter where the show is (well - AT&T Park and Oakland excepted) - don't want to kill my vibe - lol

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:09

Hairball
Waiting on Santa Clara/SF date!
Large gap between Pasadena May 11 and Seattle May 22...with Santa Clara falling somewhere in between...
Could be the 15th, 16th, 17th, or 18th?

Leaning towards either of the latter two as they're Fri. and Sat, but unsure?!!!

If it is the 18th I will have to move my London return up one day and go right after flying in from London. That would be pretty kickass seeing Clapton and Stones 3 days and 9 time zones apart. Beats the 2 time zones from this year's SF to London drop bags, flight to Prague for Stones and back to London for Clapton adventure.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:21

Hello again everyone! Can you tell me who were in the zip code tour what are the best lines of the PIT to see the band? since I'm going from Buenos Aires for the NY shows and I want to be as close as possible to them. Thank you!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:21

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 22:22 by Topi.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:26

makustone
Hello again everyone! Can you tell me who were in the zip code tour what are the best lines of the PIT to see the band? since I'm going from Buenos Aires for the NY shows and I want to be as close as possible to them. Thank you!

There probably won't be a pit.

Date: November 18, 2018 22:34

daspyknows
Hairball
Large gap between Pasadena May 11 and Seattle May 22...with Santa Clara falling somewhere in between...

Leaning towards either of the latter two as they're Fri. and Sat, but unsure?!!!

If it is the 18th I will have to move my London return up one day and go right after flying in from London. That would be pretty kickass seeing Clapton and Stones 3 days and 9 time zones apart. Beats the 2 time zones from this year's SF to London drop bags, flight to Prague for Stones and back to London for Clapton adventure.

It should be Saturday night because otherwise traffic will be a nightmare between the evening commute and the show.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:47

Dan
makustone

Sorry, I may express myself badly. I wanted to say in which row of forward they recommend to see better the whole band? since I saw that the field in usa is with seats. Thanks again!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:52

Never understood the stadium tour excitement.rather see em in smaller venues.

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:56

I'm a Arizona Cardinals season ticket holder and a huge Stones fan.

This was in the game program today....the Tongue logo took up a page...I'll post pic when I get home

They're coming to Glendale!!!!!

A unique way to announce it

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 18, 2018 22:57

cmc
MAF
syrel
Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.

Pits were absent for all U.S. Zip Code venues, if I recall correctly.

During 50 and Counting, there was a pit for the US shows.

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2018 23:01

makustone
Dan
makustone

Sorry, I may express myself badly. I wanted to say in which row of forward they recommend to see better the whole band? since I saw that the field in usa is with seats. Thanks again!

The wild card is whether they replicate the "whole" stage set up as in the UK or not.

Meaning the catwalk with the "T" type stage setup at the end of it.
If they do, I can't see them not doing a Pit, but I realize they haven't done Pits for stadiums here in US for a while, so not optimistic.

Either way, I found that the best viewing spots for the UK concerts was at the end of the catwalk/t-stage (Golden Circle, there).
Could see the whole band nicely (especially when they wandered out to the end of it) and see the phenomenal screens as well. If they do all seating, I'm still likely to seek out seats further back from the stage, as it is in my opinion, the best for this stage setup.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2018 23:38

If they use a pit in the US, the price will be outrageous. Remember the “tongue pit” on the US 50th tour? What were they $1800? Something crazy like that. Tickets are much more reasonable in Europe.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 23:45

timbernardis
cmc
MAF
syrel
Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.

Pits were absent for all U.S. Zip Code venues, if I recall correctly.

During 50 and Counting, there was a pit for the US shows.

plexi

That was the Tongue Pit. The rest of the floor was seated and so too all shows around the World that used the Tongue Pit stage - the O2 in London in 2012 and a couple of the Australian shows on 14OF. New Orleans will be standing on the floor. I’d be astonished if anywhere else was. At the very most, the No Filter Pit Standing and the rest of the floor seated.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2018 23:46

black n blue
Never understood the stadium tour excitement.rather see em in smaller venues.

As would we all.. cool smiley
These stadium shows are really quite good though, the giant screens are fantastic, as is, for the most part, the sound. Also, to state the obvious, it depends how close to the stage you are. I tend to go with the theory that it doesn't really matter about the venue size, as I don't really care how many people are behind me cool smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2018 23:49

Hairball
drbryant
potus43
JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43
none of these shows will sell out

Most of them will for sure but it will probably take some time.

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Oh they will call it a sell out but it will not be full. 2015 is proof

Those of us who go to a lot of Stones shows around the world know that the 2015 tour of small markets in the US was a bit of an aberration. Even on that tour, San Diego was a complete sellout from day 1. There were no ticket drops, and secondary market prices never came down. It will depend on the venue, location and pricing. Sometimes, demand is much greater than supply. For example, you can usually count on getting in to the show by going to the venue on the day of the show. But, I remember the O2 Arena in 2012, where a couple hundred fans listened from outside, unable to score tickets at any price. It’s hard to predict - in 2007, I was able to get great tickets in a “ticket drop” for Stade de France a month before the show; the stadium was not sold out, with large blocks of seats covered by tarp. In 2014, getting a decent ticket at that same venue was was a real challenge, and sure enough, all upper sections were full.

Regarding San Diego '15 - it was the only stadium show west of the Rockies - the next closest show was Kansas City over 1,500 miles away.
Of course they would sell it out as almost every Stones fan on this side of the States wanted to go - not to mention the many fans from the rest of the country and around the world given the fact it was the opening show!
But then you have the two slow selling *Vegas '16 arena shows where there were price drops, etc. Yes there were two Desert Trip shows prior, but after that those were the only two shows in the States. You would think they would have had no probelm selling them out immediately, but alot of people were probably turned off by the particularly high prices of those shows. Whatever the case, tickets should be much more reasonable for the stadium shows on average, and while some may come close to selling out, others will be wide open.

Exactly. It all depends on venue, location and price. It doesn’t matter if it’s an arena in Vegas if the prices are too high. I dislike arena shows in the US for that reason. Prices are so high that you end up with a very old audience and a bunch of bankers and their clients in the “pit.” Stadium shows with standing floors have a much diverse crowd and better vibe, especially up front.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2018 23:59

The price policy in Europe 2017 and 2018 was quite clear. Make money on great seats, and make many cheaper tickets available so that normal not rich fans also can see them. I am sure there will be many fair priced tickets. We will see next week.

Bjornulf

Date: November 19, 2018 00:14

MAYBE TOMMORROW:

2:00pm - Lonestar 92.5 "Jim Kerr will have an exclusive interview with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards". [lonestar925.iheart.com]
3:00pm - Official Announcement will be displayed! 
Stay tuned!

Diego ;-)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2018 00:35

Woz
daspyknows
Hairball

It should be Saturday night because otherwise traffic will be a nightmare between the evening commute and the show.

we will know in 22 hours. I hope so but then again most concerts aren't.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: November 19, 2018 00:48

Zip Code tour -Indianapolis stage. No seating which was the exception for U.S. venues. The stage for Zip Code included the catwalk with the circular end.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 00:53

ditto

Date: November 19, 2018 01:02

cmc

Zip Code tour -Indianapolis stage. No seating which was the exception for U.S. venues. The stage for Zip Code included the catwalk with the circular end.

I’m sure it will all be seated in the US stadiums.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:04

DiegoGlimmerStones
MAYBE TOMMORROW:

2:00pm - Lonestar 92.5 "Jim Kerr will have an exclusive interview with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards". [lonestar925.iheart.com]
3:00pm - Official Announcement will be displayed! 
Stay tuned!

Diego ;-)

That is Dallas, Texas radio station. 2pm central, 3pm eastern.

Are you saying the dates won't come up until 4pm est?

Date: November 19, 2018 01:10

how early did you arrive to get front of golden circle on catwalk?

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:14

Woz
I’m sure it will all be seated in the US stadiums.

No doubt. Indy was the U.S. Zip Code exception, as grzegorz67 pointed out, for no assigned seating. All of the stadiums in the upcoming tour will certainly have seating - most likely all the way to the stage.

Date: November 19, 2018 01:14

Is there a list of likely guessed dates? thanks..

sarahunwin
syrel
sarahunwin

Well if you're 'local' then it's worth taking a punt on the lucky dips and paying more for travel, but as I'm flying across the atlantic, I want to know I've got decent seats first, and accept that they'll be expensive. Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel

I'm screwed as I need front five rows - lol!!!!!

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:18

JJF just played on the commercial break coming back to the New Orleans / Philly game. Could be just coincidental or not who knows. All I know is the Stones are everywhere and I couldn’t be happier. smileys with beer hot smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:23

dnewton99
how early did you arrive to get front of golden circle on catwalk?

Leave now LOL

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2257
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home