Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:14

ROPENI
Miami show for me,nothing like opening night,full of surprises,see you there...

Yeah openers typically give you one or two more songs as they try things out.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:21

Woz
daspyknows
Being selfish, really hoping Levi Stadium is the 9th or after the 19th since I will be in London for Clapton. That said, if it happens will either do Phoenix, NY or Chicago.

I think the 11th is a good bet for Levi's as it has to be a Saturday night there for the later curfew and to make parking and hotels reasonable. Plus, if May 2 is New Orleans and there and there are three days between each show and Pasadena is before Levi's......I think you are set.

If its the 11th I am screwed. In London.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:23

I hope
Santa Clara CA
is not on a Tuesday night
10’s of thousands
move better on a Saturday night.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:32

CAN'T BELIEVE THEY AREN'T COMING TO TORONTO WHICH IS CANADA'S LARGEST METRO AREA AT 6.5 MILLION PEOPLE AND THE 5TH LARGEST METRO AREA IN NORTH AMERCIA.

IT'S A BIG MIDDLE FINGER FROM THE STONES TO A CITY THAT HAS SHOWN THEM MUCH LOVE OVER THE YEAR! WELL, MIDDLE FINGER RIGHT BACK TO YOU MICK!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:40

GAFF
ROPENI
Miami show for me,nothing like opening night,full of surprises,see you there...

Yeah openers typically give you one or two more songs as they try things out.
Indeed....smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:54

Any known dates for the Landover MD show? Trying to get a jump on the hotels

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:57

Wondering what the chances are for a warmup club/theater show this time around? Or maybe a private billionaire show?
Seeing as they did neither during the previous two No Filter legs, I have doubts, but then again they've done so in the US on many of the past tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 01:58 by Hairball.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 16, 2018 02:04

Hairball
Wondering what the chances are for a warmup club/theater show this time around? Or maybe a private billionaire show?
Seeing as they did neither during the previous two No Filter legs, I have doubts, but then again they've done so in the US on many of the past tours.

Maybe an impromptu flatbed truck gig in New Orleans...imagine the chaos! lol

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: November 16, 2018 03:13

Reminds me of PKD "The Man in The High Castle"...sunrise

Date: November 16, 2018 03:13

No self-respecting Canadian fan is going to cross the border to see the same setlist we saw years ago. Thank you Mick for the big middle finger to our country!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 16, 2018 03:23

taz22
No self-respecting Canadian fan is going to cross the border to see the same setlist we saw years ago. Thank you Mick for the big middle finger to our country!

It's nothing personal, it's only business. And, staying within the limits of a reasonable number of shows given their ages. Canada will get its turn, but hopefully not til after Buenos Aires.

plexi

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 16, 2018 03:28

Eh?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 16, 2018 03:34

Je suis peeved.

Date: November 16, 2018 03:47

Please change the title to US 2019 Tour from 2019 North American tour given only US cities are on the menu!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:00

taz22
CAN'T BELIEVE THEY AREN'T COMING TO TORONTO WHICH IS CANADA'S LARGEST METRO AREA AT 6.5 MILLION PEOPLE AND THE 5TH LARGEST METRO AREA IN NORTH AMERCIA.

IT'S A BIG MIDDLE FINGER FROM THE STONES TO A CITY THAT HAS SHOWN THEM MUCH LOVE OVER THE YEAR! WELL, MIDDLE FINGER RIGHT BACK TO YOU MICK!

Reminiscent of No Filter 1, when they didn't go to England (their actual home) and the fans were (understandably) upset.
Then they came back as promised and did a bunch of England and UK shows.

They last visited Toronto in 2013, there's a lot of places that haven't seen them that recently (Vancouver, Portland, Edmonton et al).
There already were early rumors that this may be a similar "1 & 2" North American tour. Good chance that may be the case imo.

Plenty of ground still for them to cover in a second round, in the meantime Toronto is a (short) days drive to NYC or Boston etc., I am driving further to San Francisco and/or Phoenix to see them, and happy to do it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 04:04 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:12

The stones have a rich history with Toronto. They have never not played in T.O. for many tours at this level(Zipcode was not aimed at large cities). There are several other large Canadian cities that have not had them for sometime. Not sure why they would not want to play here especially with the new album coming out.

Date: November 16, 2018 04:16

limited number of shows. no more big two year world tours. they had to draw the line somewhere.

plexi

Date: November 16, 2018 04:18

So, when do any of you think the announcement will be made? No one has talked much about that for a few pages.

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:32

timbernardis
So, when do any of you think the announcement will be made? No one has talked much about that for a few pages.

plexi

Rumored (somewhere?) to be next week.
I think the Jazz Fest show announcement will come later in December though.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:58

If you’re coming to the SF Bay Area and want to meet before the show, wherever it is, let me know. If they play Levi’s, then that’s close to where I work. I will ask for the day off. You are right. There are no bars near Levi’s. However, the shuttle/transit authority will take you to the outside of downtown San Jose, And the “Poor House”, next to the transit area, would be the best. A great pub, New Orlesns style. Lots of touring bands. And surprises: Elvin Bishop impromptu gig.

Date: November 16, 2018 05:07

riffcliche69
If you’re coming to the SF Bay Area and want to meet before the show, wherever it is, let me know. If they play Levi’s, then that’s close to where I work. I will ask for the day off. You are right. There are no bars near Levi’s. However, the shuttle/transit authority will take you to the outside of downtown San Jose, And the “Poor House”, next to the transit area, would be the best. A great pub, New Orlesns style. Lots of touring bands. And surprises: Elvin Bishop impromptu gig.

There is one place across the street that also has a parking lot that you can buy tickets for. Parked there for U2. Its across the light rail tracks so a longer walk than as the crow flies.

[www.davids-restaurant.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 05:14 by daspyknows.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 16, 2018 05:17

Hello how are you? I am from Buenos Aires. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if it is easy to get tickets for the first rows since my idea is to go to the 2 shows in New York. I also ask if the websites are secure like ticketmonster to buy in resale in case of not getting the location. Thank you very much for reading and endure the stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 05:19 by makustone.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 16, 2018 05:19

Hairball
Kennedy
It could be a coincidence, but the Pasadena Hilton is sold out the night of May 10, and all of the mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town are in the $300-400+ range.

Not sure where you're looking, but the official site has plenty of availability for the 10th, as does just about every other site averaging just below $200/night - Hilton Pasadena Official

And via Trip Advisor which lists multiple sites: Hilton Pasadena

My bad! I meant to say May 11.

Even the 4 star Westin and Sheraton are available at around $200.

And there are plenty of mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town that are still hovering around $100 give or take.

Date: November 16, 2018 05:26

makustone
Hello how are you? I am from Buenos Aires. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if it is easy to get tickets for the first rows since my idea is to go to the 2 shows in New York. I also ask if the websites are secure like ticketmonster to buy in resale in case of not getting the location. Thank you very much for reading and endure the stones!

If you want those specific seats and they don't do a Pit you will likely need to go the Platinum/VIP package route.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 16, 2018 05:36

bv
The Rolling Stones are all set for Jazz Fest May 2 New Orleans as stated on the IORR 2019 tour dates list

It would be awesome if Irma Thomas could join them on stage to sing Time is on my Side.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2018 06:17

Kennedy
Hairball
Kennedy
It could be a coincidence, but the Pasadena Hilton is sold out the night of May 10, and all of the mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town are in the $300-400+ range.

Not sure where you're looking, but the official site has plenty of availability for the 10th, as does just about every other site averaging just below $200/night - Hilton Pasadena Official

And via Trip Advisor which lists multiple sites: Hilton Pasadena

Even the 4 star Westin and Sheraton are available at around $200.

And there are plenty of mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town that are still hovering around $100 give or take.
My bad! I meant to say May 11.

Ha OK. While the Hilton might be sold out for the 11th, still plenty of other hotels at all star levels available at average/reasonable prices for a Saturday night in Pasadena via Trip Advisor!

Pasadena Hotels

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 16, 2018 06:40

How come the Cubans got a free show, and we have to fork over $150 for a similar festival type set-up? Won't be many of the salt of the earth citizens of New Orleans at this show.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: November 16, 2018 06:46

Finally!!! Things didn't go my way last time, but this time nothing will stop me! Definitely doing Pasadena and Santa Clara, hopefully one more. Thank you so much for the info! Waiting on pins and needles....

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 06:47

If Stones do San Jose,we want to have a pre-show meeting, and perhaps you want to go a little faraway, the “Creek Eatery”, spacious, overlooking a stream and wooded area in the Evergreen, San Jose, next to the Country Club. The perfect place. You are only a couple of minutes by car from the main freeway to downtown and the shuttle. But, if you want the “Poor House”, well, they’re both fine.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 16, 2018 06:54

DiegoGlimmerStones

Stephen Hardy - SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug

So we can expect an anmoucement nexr week. Awesome.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home