Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:41

TKinOH. Looks like the Miami opener rumor was posted on Shidoobee.

[www.tapatalk.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 23:44 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:47

Topi

[www.tapatalk.com]

Also confirmed here by DREAMTIME, I believe, adding to the Miami first, Jax second, rumored timeline.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:54

Watching the Rams playing Seahawks at the L.A, Coliseum - tight game 1st quarter.
But probably against all odds, I'm also keeping an eye out for a hint of a Stones tongue!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:59

Hairball
Watching the Rams playing Seahawks at the L.A, Coliseum - tight game 1st quarter.
But probably against all odds, I'm also keeping an eye out for a hint of a Stones tongue!

Long shot they’d play that dump again.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:02

Hairball

how about dodger stadium?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:13

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO played
‘Start Me Up’
is that normal?

Date: November 12, 2018 00:15

Kennedy
Hairball

They played there in '81 and '89 multiple nights, so never say never. And Roger Waters played their during his Wall tour several years ago which was my first time being back in there in ages.
While the surrounding neighborhood leaves a bit to be desired, being inside again was really quite nice, though I probably felt a bit nostalgic from seeing the Stones, the Who w/the Clash, and the '84 Olympics in there.
But if it came down to it, I'd rather see them play there than at Dodger stadium.

That said, rumours are pointing towards Denver and the Eastern part of the States - hence the "probably against all odds".

crholmstrom
Hairball

Hope not - for me the odd shape of baseball stadiums and concerts don't mix well.
However, I did see the Stones at Dodger stadium in '97 and '06, and they were probably the best baseball stadium shows I've seen - go Dodger blue! winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-12 00:34 by Hairball.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:15

PLEASE PEOPLE, MSG WAS DESTROYED BY THE OWNERS WHEN THEY RENOVATED THE SPACE AND MOVED THE SKY BOXES DOWN TO A LOWER LEVEL AND MOVED THE CHEAP SEATS EVEN HIGHER UP. ALSO, THE DESIGN FEATURE THAT HELPED CREATE MAGICAL NIGHTS HAS BEEN REMOVED SO THE RICH CAN GET EVEN CLOSER. THE ORIGINAL DESIGN HAD 2 INNER RINGS THAT MADE IT POSSIBLE TO WALK AROUND INSIDE. THEY ARE GONE NOW AND MOVEMENT IS VERY LIMITED AND YOU HAVE TO WALK OUTSIDE THE SHOW TO GET TO ANOTHER SECTION. IF YOU CAN'T MOVE AROUND FREELY AND MIX IT UP WITH OTHER PEOPLE, THE THRILL IS GONE! MOST NY ROCKERS KNOW THIS, AS DOES MICK JAGGER! THE SAME OWNERS ALSO DESTROYED THE BEACON THEATRE!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:17

I had a good look through the twitter feed of the Chicago Bears today for their home game at Soldier Field. No sign of anything Stones related. I'd love to see them in Chicago - it's a great city.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:18

MisterDDDD
Topi

[www.tapatalk.com]

Also confirmed here by DREAMTIME, I believe, adding to the Miami first, Jax second, rumored timeline.

Thanks!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:33

Hairball
Kennedy
Hairball

They played there in '81 and '89 multiple nights, so never say never. And Roger Waters played their during his Wall tour several years ago which was my first time being back in there in ages.
While the surrounding neighborhood leaves a bit to be desired, being inside again was really quite nice, though I probably felt a bit nostalgic from seeing the Stones, the Who w/the Clash, and the '84 Olympics in there.
But if it came down to it, I'd rather see them play there than at Dodger stadium.

That said, rumours are pointing towards Denver and the Eastern part of the States - hence the "probably against all odds".

crholmstrom
Hairball

Hope not - for me the odd shape of baseball stadiums and concerts don't mix well.

i was just throwing it out there since its such a beautiful park. i've been to 3 shows at safeco (name changing) in seattle & wasn't wild about it. prefer the football stadium. i did see a fantastic pearl jam show at safeco this year though. night 2 was fantastic.

Date: November 12, 2018 00:37

crholmstrom
Hairball
Kennedy
Hairball

crholmstrom
Hairball

i was just throwing it out there since its such a beautiful park. i've been to 3 shows at safeco (name changing) in seattle & wasn't wild about it. prefer the football stadium. i did see a fantastic pearl jam show at safeco this year though. night 2 was fantastic.

I just edited my original post to add:

However, I did see the Stones at Dodger stadium in '97 and '06, and they were probably the best baseball stadium shows I've seen - go Dodger blue! winking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:56

potus43
They will not sell out MetLife. Too big

I guess that is true. The Stones will get payed more it they play there instead of MSG I would assume. Being Mick Jagger I would think: why not play MetLife twice and bring on some Springsteen and Joel. And then let's have another two rounds of MSG on top.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 12, 2018 01:57

If it's in Seattle safeco field where Mariners play has retractable roof .

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 12, 2018 02:07

Mr.Jimmy-Same thing here. Watched the whole Bears game and didn't spot any Stones logos. Soldier Field makes the most sense with the time frame we are looking at. Any other venue would have to work around Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and White Sox schedules. Bears play in Prime Time next Sunday. Not sure if the game is in Chicago or Minnesota though.

Date: November 12, 2018 02:11

Can’t You Hear Me Knockin
Missouri
Kanas City here we
????

Date: November 12, 2018 02:16

Did they play another song besides "Start Me Up" 35love..?

Geographically, Kansas City would fit, but having played there during the Zip Code tour, I'm leaning towards SMU being part of their routine.. but no idea (?).

Date: November 12, 2018 02:19

Never mind I see Zipcode 2015 had Arrowhead Stadium
sorry
it’s what my H told me about ‘Start Me Up’
clouded motivation perhaps
it’s all good

Hey Mr DDDDD posted at the same time
yes wires may have been crossed here grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-12 02:21 by 35love.

Date: November 12, 2018 03:07

Great Rams/Seahawks game with the Rams taking the win, but as expected no Stones tongue at the L.A. Coliseum!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 12, 2018 03:29

Start Me Up has been played at MANY MANY NFL games ever since it debuted in '81, usually at kickoff for obvious reasons.

plexi

Date: November 12, 2018 03:35

timbernardis
Start Me Up has been played at MANY MANY NFL games ever since it debuted in '81, usually at kickoff for obvious reasons.

plexi

Okay well, it’s not my game
so I shall not guess the NFL spottings
y’all let me know thanks back to drinking smileysmoking smiley

Date: November 12, 2018 03:36

Hairball
Great Rams/Seahawks game with the Rams taking the win, but as expected no Stones tongue at the L.A. Coliseum!!!

The Rams have only become good and relevant again since Bay Area native and Cal quarterback Jared Goff was taken by them in the first round of the 2016 NFL draft.

Speaking of Cal and the LA Coliseum, Cal defeated Southern Cal there last night for the first time in eons. Cal football is on the way up!

plexi

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 12, 2018 04:08

timbernardis
Hairball

The Rams have only become good and relevant again since Bay Area native and Cal quarterback Jared Goff was taken by them in the first round of the 2016 NFL draft.

Speaking of Cal and the LA Coliseum, Cal defeated Southern Cal there last night for the first time in eons. Cal football is on the way up!

plexi

Or usc football is on the way down

Date: November 12, 2018 04:24

timbernardis
Hairball

plexi

Must be really painful to be a 49ers fan this season (2-7 grinning smiley ), but back on topic...

Any other Stones tongue sightings this weekend?smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 12, 2018 04:25

I think both!

plexi

Date: November 12, 2018 04:31

forsure
Or usc football is on the way down.

I think both!

plexi

Date: November 12, 2018 04:46

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-12 12:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: November 12, 2018 07:23

I heard from source in LA Jacksonville opener - heard this over a month ago but thought it was crazy so never mentioned.....

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: November 12, 2018 09:39

Thanks for the info so far everyone!

I was wondering if we can expect a MSG show besides the two Metlife gigs. Thoughts?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 12, 2018 09:51

I heard on FM that Seattle could see a date.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home