Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 10, 2018 04:05

GasLightStreet
spikenyc
FYI - They just added an extra day to JazzFest for the first weekend.
Normally it will start on a Friday, but they have added Thursday for the first weekend.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

My friends that live in NOLA are saying this is to accomodate the Stones.
Seems it would be just a seperate day for them?

Been to JazzFest numerous times, if the Stones are there it will be icing on the cake!
The music, the food, the city, its all great and something you all need to experience!

Thursday is not anywhere near a money maker for Jazz Fest compared to either the first or second Saturday and Sunday. There's been talk about it for a while but since it's the 50th year in 2019, they've added a first Thursday. How people are seeing that as a way to accommodate the Stones is beyond me. The big artists agree to play JF for a set price, they don't get $8 million because they average that on a tour per show.

If the Stones play Jazz Fest they'll undoubtedly make more money than their last visit to New Orleans in 1994 when hardly anyone showed up.

If they're worried about attendance in New Orleans, tacking it on to jazzfest, which already attracts 400 000 people, seems a wise and prudent move.

Posted by: imjoshwatson ()
Date: November 10, 2018 04:11

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
imjoshwatson
If you read the press release, they’re adding Thursday to both weeks and calling it locals day. With a Louisiana ID you can purchase up to 2 tickets for $50 both days. I also think that they would play on a weekend and not a Thursday and that they’re adding these extra 2 days to generate revenue to pay the stones guarantee. I’ve been going to New Orleans since ‘09 and every time I go down there I always think about how great it would be to see the Stones there.

They've only added Thursday to the first week.

I read it that way as well, but interestingly they list the second weekend as
May 2 - May 5th. May 2nd being a Thursday, and the (reliably) rumored show date, has me back to wondering if it won't be a stand alone show. I'll take the word of those that have attended way more than me, but the financial and crowd logistics there seem potentially difficult.

Ahh yes. I’m an idiot and interpreted it wrong.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 10, 2018 04:30

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
imjoshwatson
If you read the press release, they’re adding Thursday to both weeks and calling it locals day. With a Louisiana ID you can purchase up to 2 tickets for $50 both days. I also think that they would play on a weekend and not a Thursday and that they’re adding these extra 2 days to generate revenue to pay the stones guarantee. I’ve been going to New Orleans since ‘09 and every time I go down there I always think about how great it would be to see the Stones there.

May 2 - May 5th. May 2nd being a Thursday, and the (reliably) rumored show date, has me back to wondering if it won't be a stand alone show. I'll take the word of those that have attended way more than me, but the financial and crowd logistics there seem potentially difficult.

In 2003 they did a first Thursday. It didn't work.

I'm not sure I follow, you said "interestingly they list the second weekend"... Huh? They have since 1976, with the Locals Thursday added in 1991!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 10, 2018 09:29

Well, if the Stones play Jazz Fest, be prepared to spring for weekend VIP tickets to have a chance of being anywhere near the stage, given that there's two levels of VIP sections covering the entire stage front area, with everyone else behind them. Even being on the rail of the paupers' section I have to rely on looking at the big screens.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 10, 2018 13:47

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
imjoshwatson

In 2003 they did a first Thursday. It didn't work.

I'm not sure I follow, you said "interestingly they list the second weekend"... Huh? They have since 1976, with the Locals Thursday added in 1991!

Yeah.
The wording on the announcement makes it look new.. and that it's just the one Thursday, the interesting part to me was that they said "Extra Day" and the Thursday was also listed for the second weekend. Bit of a confusing announcement.

"50TH ANNIVERSARY JAZZ FEST ADDS EXTRA DAY
HISTORIC FESTIVAL TO KICK OFF THURSDAY, APRIL 25
Festival Music Lineup to be Announced in December"

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Something appears to be different, according to them..
Also of note, the announcement will be made in December, betting the new tour will also be announced then as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-10 13:48 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 10, 2018 16:07

RollingStonesFan
bv
Cooltoplady
DiegoGlimmerStones
DREAMTIME
I got some inside news today from a local source here in NYC.

NYC/NJ METLIFE STADIUM JUNE 13th & JUNE 17th 2019
Excellent my friend!!! smileys with beer

BV says tour is in April and May. Sorry not gonna happen.

I have stated many times here the tour will be around April 20 to June 20, 2019, give or take a week or so. NJ would be the last part of the tour. I.e. this will be an East Coast Tour.

I would love April 20th as tourstart because it's my birthday.

U share a birthday with a certain infamous historical person.

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 10, 2018 18:25

Toronto! Here they come!!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 10, 2018 18:46

More Hot Rocks

Wha...!!!??? Sez who? When? Where? Details, man! eye popping smiley

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: November 10, 2018 18:57

SomeTorontoGirl
More Hot Rocks

I assume it means that because they have rehearsed there once or twice, means that people think they will rehearse there all the time.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 10, 2018 18:59

Oooh. Buzz kill... sad smiley

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 10, 2018 20:07

MisterDDDD
Kennedy
Wish folks would stop spamming these threads with Red Rocks posts. I agree it would be great, but I’m not gonna big anyone obsessing over my wish to see them at the Greek Theater.

Red Rocks ain’t gonna happen.

Sorry it bugs you.
Not sorry for speculating though, kinda what this thread is about.

Worth noting, that in 2015 they played a small theater just three miles from your beloved Greek Theater, so stranger things have happened.

My only point is, all of us know Red Rocks has a zero chance of being added to what is obviously a continuation of the No Filter Tour. I'm not even sure it qualifies as speculation. More like "Wild Wet Dream", which I share with you, but do not see any value in discussing here.

The 2015 theater show you referred to was a one-off, and not really part of the Zip Code Tour.

Date: November 10, 2018 20:34

Kennedy
My only point is, all of us know Red Rocks has a zero chance of being added to what is obviously a continuation of the No Filter Tour. I'm not even sure it qualifies as speculation. More like "Wild Wet Dream", which I share with you, but do not see any value in discussing here.

The 2015 theater show you referred to was a one-off, and not really part of the Zip Code Tour.

My only point is (was), all of us know Red Rocks is a unique iconic venue they've never played. It was on the rumored list for Zip Code as well as the Milwaukie amphitheater they ended up playing. If the opener was in Denver as was originally rumored, definitely not outside the realm of possibility that they would do a surprise kick off gig there, ala Fonda. Well aware of the Fonda particulars, I was there.
Also- there really wasn't that much speculation of it posted on this, at this point, speculation thread to warrant such a complaint imo.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 10, 2018 21:10

they're gonna do Fonda again. This time Mick's gonna make sure i'm there,
and with better seats than anyone else ever in Iorr or elsewhere in
Stones world. He wants me to jam with them too, but the money's shit.
Jags thinks the concert should cover it, and refuses to lay off
a few of the guys I do NOT want to play with.
So, well; there's a lot to do for an insider with special access I can't talk about. I don't do stadiums, my people told his people; it's sort of weird
to see your heros sorta begging YOU for favors, but I'm a Stones Man.
I hear The Beatles on the radio and I just drive my car into that car.
screaming buh buh buh buh-beep-beep-yeah

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 10, 2018 21:49

jumpontopofmebaby
So possibly 2 mini tours. East then West

What is the dividing line.

To me Denver and Dallas are more West.

Being in California that sounds east to me.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 10, 2018 22:21

jumpontopofmebaby

Generally in the US the unofficial dividing line is the Mississippi River.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 10, 2018 22:21

Continental divide:

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 10, 2018 23:31

kovach
jumpontopofmebaby

Generally in the US the unofficial dividing line is the Mississippi River.

Which in practice doesn't make much sense--I live in Louisiana, west of the Mississippi, and nobody would describe us as actually being in the western half of the country. (Or even Dallas.)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 10, 2018 23:33

mosthigh
Continental divide:

It's funny to me how the "Midwest" includes parts of the country that are North of the Southeast.

I've never been one to think of Minnesota, Wisonsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and a few others as the Midwest when geographically they are nowhere near the Midwest portion of the US.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 10, 2018 23:50

‘Here in the Midwest, we experience all four seasons, which can be a blessing and curse. Additionally, we are often labeled as “nice” folk with do-good attitudes and friendly personalities. Furthermore, the Midwest is frequently given the unofficial title of the “breadbasket” of the United States, likely because farming plays an undeniably huge role in Midwest culture
Home is where the hot dish is.
Manners matter, folks
There has to be a snowpocalypse for school to get canceled
Ice isn't just a way to cool down your drink.
Lake life is the best life.
Tornadoes are a big deal.’

written by Hannah Davis

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2018 00:02

Not to be confused with

Where is the heartland of the US?

From the perspective of a US citizen, the word 'Heart- land' usually refers to the Midwest, an area which includes the north-central states of the United States of America, specifically Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

*yawn/ anyway maybe these middle states are the ones to relocate :-( poor CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 00:14 by 35love.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 00:06

OneHourPhoto
SomeTorontoGirl
More Hot Rocks

I assume it means that because they have rehearsed there once or twice, means that people think they will rehearse there all the time.

Only reason was that Michael Cohl was the Stones tour promoter and he's from Toronto.

Date: November 11, 2018 00:41

Early referrals as a North American tour leaves me little doubt that they'll be a Canadian stop (or two).
(Yes, this from the guy that was so certain Vancouver would make the cut cool smiley )
With Vancouver apparently out, and the emphasis being in the east, seems pretty likely Toronto makes the list and/or Montreal. Surprised one or more hasn't made the rumored list yet. Course with this, I pretty much jinxed them. drinking smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 11, 2018 00:58

Just booked across the street (48 hours cancellation) from the stadium in NJ for those two dates!!!! I was told all I have to do is cross the street but if a cop sees me he can give me a ticket - lol!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 11, 2018 01:05

GasLightStreet
spikenyc
Normally it will start on a Friday, but they have added Thursday for the first weekend.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Been to JazzFest numerous times, if the Stones are there it will be icing on the cake!
The music, the food, the city, its all great and something you all need to experience!

Thursday is not anywhere near a money maker for Jazz Fest compared to either the first or second Saturday and Sunday. There's been talk about it for a while but since it's the 50th year in 2019, they've added a first Thursday. How people are seeing that as a way to accommodate the Stones is beyond me. The big artists agree to play JF for a set price, they don't get $8 million because they average that on a tour per show.

If the Stones play Jazz Fest they'll undoubtedly make more money than their last visit to New Orleans in 1994 when hardly anyone showed up.

Ca 32 500 tickets of 40 000 sold in New Orleans, 1994. A Little bit more than hardly anyone.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 01:21

bobo
GasLightStreet
spikenyc

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Ca 32 500 tickets of 40 000 sold in New Orleans, 1994. A Little bit more than hardly anyone.

Superdome in full concert configuration holds a lot more than 40k so lots of sections, most likely upper bowl, all covered up.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 11, 2018 02:10

MisterDDDD
Early referrals as a North American tour leaves me little doubt that they'll be a Canadian stop (or two).
(Yes, this from the guy that was so certain Vancouver would make the cut cool smiley )
With Vancouver apparently out, and the emphasis being in the east, seems pretty likely Toronto makes the list and/or Montreal. Surprised one or more hasn't made the rumored list yet. Course with this, I pretty much jinxed them. drinking smiley

Who says Vancouver is out, where'd that come from? It's still early. We only know about two with any degree of certainty. All else comes from folks with supposed "insider information. "

plexi

Date: November 11, 2018 02:18

timbernardis

Who says Vancouver is out, where'd that come from? It's still early. We only know about two with any degree of certainty. All else comes from folks with supposed "insider information. "

plexi

Bjornulf has stated as much several times along with at least one other reliable source. Would love for there to be a last minute change, or a surprise, but it doesn't look good for west coast.

bv:
"I have stated many times here the tour will be around April 20 to June 20, 2019, give or take a week or so. NJ would be the last part of the tour. I.e. this will be an East Coast Tour."

"I would assume they are working on an East Coast tour with multiple shows in Chicago, Boston and the NYC area. These three cities will take half of the tour, then we will get the rest of the shows at great places. Denver isn't really East Coast, but it is on the east side of the mountains, I guess that is as far west as they will go this time around."

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 11, 2018 03:30

sarahunwin
Just booked across the street (48 hours cancellation) from the stadium in NJ for those two dates!!!! I was told all I have to do is cross the street but if a cop sees me he can give me a ticket - lol!

Its not a joke. You really cant just cross the street there. Its 2 major highways that criss-cross at that point. (NJ Turnpike & RT. 3)
You would be putting your life at risk if you tried.
The hotels across from the stadium have shuttle buses that will take you.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 11, 2018 05:20

What Stadium would the Stones perform at in Miami?

Posted by: stonenut356 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 06:37

Hard Rock Stadium(Miami Dolphins)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home