Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 3, 2018 19:30

IrelandCalling4

Just saw the CD in the local music shop, shrunk wrapped. Anyone obtained it and can tell how the packaging inside is done - lyrics, essay, many photos of the band in this CD reissue?

There're already pictures of it on [www.Discogs.com] .

Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 7, 2018 00:13

“Barry Feinstein’s cover for the Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet album cover, shot in a Hollywood toilet! Released on this day in 1968.…”

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: December 7, 2018 01:00

The 50th of Beggars gets press...

The Most Important Album of 1968 Wasn’t The White Album. It Was Beggars Banquet.
It saved the Rolling Stones, altered the trajectory of music history, and turns 50 this week.

Slate

By Jack Hamilton
Dec 06, 2018

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 7, 2018 01:46

Basically the new remaster is louder than previous remasters with peaks heavily limited. Usually the result of this kind of loud remaster is a flat sound due to lack of dynamic range. To me this is what's happening here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-07 01:50 by kowalski.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 7, 2018 13:25

Clever observations, and really well written (imo).
I could 've done without the tiresome 'versus '-position towards 'the White album'/ Beatles;
but apart from that, I think this one sums it up quite nicely really.

50 years of BB

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 7, 2018 15:06

kowalski
Basically the new remaster is louder than previous remasters with peaks heavily limited. Usually the result of this kind of loud remaster is a flat sound due to lack of dynamic range. To me this is what's happening here.
Well, you can say - they were trying to make it sound like old AM radio winking smiley.
Also, they cleaned glitch in Stray Cat Blues at 2:19 (the one that was very obvious at 2002 remaster) but add a new one at 2:01.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 195
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home