Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 3, 2018 20:08

there doesn’t seem to be much added material. We’re getting glimpses from the band now concerning new material. Wishful thinking but maybe new album for Xmas. Beggars, Circus, Voodoo will not over saturate the market if new material is ready to be unleashed imho.

Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Date: October 3, 2018 20:34

welp I'm out

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: October 3, 2018 20:50

At least it only 50$ and may be less by release. At least any potential excitement about a 50th Let It Bleed release won't be wasted

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 3, 2018 20:54

Are the unreleased tracks ready to go like Metamorphosis OR do Mick and Keith need to get them ready like Exile and SG deluxe songs? The previous collaborations with Abkco did not require Mick and Keith to work directly on the product.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 3, 2018 21:41

If it is only the album as is, than this is the worst anniversary reissue of the century to me. A phonecall from japan as a bonus?

I will listen to youtube for this phonecall.

Pointless and ridicilous release I you ask me, for one of their best albums ever.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 3, 2018 22:02

A blown opportunity. Next year could be great if they’re smart. I would hope for:
1. Extended let it bleed with out takes
2 entire MSG 1969 film
3. Re- release Gimme Shelter doc in 4k( don’t care that it came out in 1970 because it’s about 69 tour)

If they don’t release entire 69 MSG next year they have missed boat entirely and it will probably never come out.

Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 3, 2018 22:10

DandelionPowderman
A reasonable question today would be: Who owns the rights to the outtakes?

ABKCO because they fall in their contractual timeframe. That does not help them much in terms of releasing this material because the Stones still have artistic veto rights when it comes to unreleased material.

These so-called "neighboring (copy)rights" are tricky because there are neighboring rights of the record company and neighboring rights of the performing artists. Consequently, for unreleased material, both parties have to agree releasing such material. Of course, this means that also the Stones themselves cannot release this material on their own even if they have the original tapes in their hands because they are legally bound to their exclusive ABKCO deal.

Plus, if they're really working on getting their catalog back from ABKCO like Joyce Smith seems to indicate, allowing ABKCO to release unreleased material would not be the tactic I would pursue!

Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Date: October 3, 2018 22:16

Getting the catalog back would probably be Abkco's demise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-03 22:16 by nick.

Date: October 3, 2018 22:30

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

ABKCO because they fall in their contractual timeframe. That does not help them much in terms of releasing this material because the Stones still have artistic veto rights when it comes to unreleased material.

These so-called "neighboring (copy)rights" are tricky because there are neighboring rights of the record company and neighboring rights of the performing artists. Consequently, for unreleased material, both parties have to agree releasing such material. Of course, this means that also the Stones themselves cannot release this material on their own even if they have the original tapes in their hands because they are legally bound to their exclusive ABKCO deal.

Plus, if they're really working on getting their catalog back from ABKCO like Joyce Smith seems to indicate, allowing ABKCO to release unreleased material would not be the tactic I would pursue!

Thanks. Like I suspected..

Date: October 3, 2018 22:59

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Thanks. Like I suspected..

You're welcome, Dandy! Thinking about it, it can be argued that for unreleased material, the copyrights belong to both, ABKCO and the Stones or are shared between them: ABKCO can't release this material on their own, and also the Stones can't release it on their own no matter who actually has the physical tapes in their possession. But that's pure semantics in the end - because while both parties would have to agree a release, once an agreement is reached, a release can only be done through ABKCO because of their exclusive contract.

Please note: This is the legal situation. Of course, all kinds of contractual agreements can be made, but it is always a question of money, and in this case, probably not even that. Speaking of strategy and tactics to regain full control over a substantial body of work...

Date: October 3, 2018 23:02

nick
Getting the catalog back would probably be Abkco's demise.

Most likely, yes. But with a shitload of money on board!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 3, 2018 23:08

I honestly gave up expecting nuggets from the golden days. I downloaded some good stuff from the More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be bootleg and don't think I'll find anything else I could ever need (so I will definitely pass on this cash-grab):

[iorr.org]
or read the descriptions at the bottom of this page:
[bootlegzone.com]

Date: October 4, 2018 00:05

Are these unreleased tracks ready to go like Metamorphosis? Are they going to be released raw? Will Mick and Keith give that same hands on work they did on Exile and SG for an Abkco product? If yes, do they need Mick Taylor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-04 00:43 by nick.

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: October 4, 2018 00:16

Here's the link to the Variety web site that has more detailed information on the 50th anniversary releases.

[variety.com]

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: October 4, 2018 01:40

Lol....I won't pay $9.99 for this anniversary CD...but I probably would have paid $99.99 if it had a 2nd CD of outtakes....

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 4, 2018 03:05

The only unknown part that remains is sound quality. Maybe it's been enhanced from previous reissues. Last year's TSMR 50th anniversary edition sound great.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 4, 2018 03:13

Somehow I like the idea that there's no
"Beggars Banquet Super Deluxe Edition"

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 4, 2018 04:18

frankotero
I have the original flexi disc, think I should buy the reproduction?

You can put this flexi disc and Toshiba pressed copies of Abbey Road on "Pawn Stars". You'll make a fortune.smiling smiley

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: October 4, 2018 10:48

Won't be bothering yet another wasted opportunity.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 4, 2018 11:50

I will get this one from the library.will cost me only E 3.00
Jeroen

Date: October 4, 2018 12:04

corriecas
Jeroen

It's not free at the library?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 4, 2018 12:12

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Jeroen

Not the Deluxe edition
Jeroen

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 4, 2018 12:21

If I stay healthy, there's a slim possibility I might still be alive see and hear an outtake or two on the 100th anniversary edition spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 4, 2018 13:38

Pales in comparison to Kinks Village Green 50th deluxe.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: October 4, 2018 14:43

Maindefender
Yes! This release is done the way its supposed to be done. Thanks Ray and Dave

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 4, 2018 14:54

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

"No unheard audio"... okay case closed for me. confused smiley

Date: October 4, 2018 14:57

DrPete
Maindefender
Yes! This release is done the way its supposed to be done. Thanks Ray and Dave

I think ray, dave and mick also just got together to chat about the anniversary edition for some tv show

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 4, 2018 14:58

Doxa
Deltics
"Even though their whole catalogue now belongs to Universal."

None of their back catalogue belongs to Universal.
Universal distribute both ABKCO and Promotone/RSR "product" but don't own it.

Sorry, my semantical problem. A wrong word.

- Doxa

Though I've seen mention of it being a DECCA release.
Surely not?
Must be ABKCO, distributed by Universal.

Date: October 4, 2018 15:23

jlowe
Doxa
Deltics
"Even though their whole catalogue now belongs to Universal."

None of their back catalogue belongs to Universal.
Universal distribute both ABKCO and Promotone/RSR "product" but don't own it.

Sorry, my semantical problem. A wrong word.

- Doxa

Though I've seen mention of it being a DECCA release.
Surely not?
Must be ABKCO, distributed by Universal.

Or more likely, ABKCO, distributed by Universal in some markets.

On my copy of the Satanic set Universal wasn't mentioned even once in the credits.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 4, 2018 15:30

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Jeroen

...It is at the LIBRARY??

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home