Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: September 19, 2018 21:05

Looking forward to this one.
Beggar's was the very peak of the Stones' creativity.
Closely followed (or is it preceded) by Aftermath.
AT THE TIME both these albums were groundbreaking.
The Stones have created very good albums since.................but nothing they have done (no nothing) compares to their creativity on these two.............so 50th anniversary of Beggar's is VERY special.

I remember bunking off work one lunch time and standing in the listening booth of a Midlands (yes in the UK) record store and listening to the whole album on day of release before buying it. It was simply stunning, mesmerising and left the Beatles standing. In its time it was a pinnacle of creativity, totally unexpected after TSMR.

Put on a vinyl mono disc of Beggar's and play LOUD (and thank your God that you have heard the original Rolling Stones in your short lifetime).

Thanks Stu, Brian, Keith, Mick, Charlie and Bill.....you spent your time well.

Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Date: September 19, 2018 23:05

Kingbeebuzz
Looking forward to this one.
Beggar's was the very peak of the Stones' creativity.
Closely followed (or is it preceded) by Aftermath.
AT THE TIME both these albums were groundbreaking.
The Stones have created very good albums since.................but nothing they have done (no nothing) compares to their creativity on these two.............so 50th anniversary of Beggar's is VERY special.

I remember bunking off work one lunch time and standing in the listening booth of a Midlands (yes in the UK) record store and listening to the whole album on day of release before buying it. It was simply stunning, mesmerising and left the Beatles standing. In its time it was a pinnacle of creativity, totally unexpected after TSMR.

Put on a vinyl mono disc of Beggar's and play LOUD (and thank your God that you have heard the original Rolling Stones in your short lifetime).

Thanks Stu, Brian, Keith, Mick, Charlie and Bill.....you spent your time well.

Don't forget Their Satanic Majesties Request and Between The Buttons while you're at it winking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 19, 2018 23:12

While some would debate how important Brian was to BEGGARS, I wasn't aware Stu had much of a role at all.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 20, 2018 03:39

Rocky Dijon
While some would debate how important Brian was to BEGGARS, I wasn't aware Stu had much of a role at all.

Those people should consider that Brian plays on more tracks than Bill. winking smiley

With Nicky on board and playing magically, Stu may have just decided to leave all the piano playing to him. Same with TSMR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-20 10:54 by His Majesty.

Date: September 20, 2018 05:44

"No Expectations" alone justifies Brian's role. We'll probably never know how Brian may have shaped the arrangements of "Street Fighting Man" or "Parachute Woman" or "Jigsaw Puzzle."

Date: September 20, 2018 08:41

Love the sitar on SFM and the mellotron on JSP.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 20, 2018 14:44

His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

Those people should consider that Brian plays on more tracks than Bill. winking smiley

With Nicky on board and playing magically, Stu may have just decided to leave all the piano playing to him. Same with TSMR.

I hadn't realised Bill played such a minor role on BB.
Why? Was he not available? Doing other projects?

Date: September 20, 2018 14:54

jlowe
His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

I hadn't realised Bill played such a minor role on BB.
Why? Was he not available? Doing other projects?

Keith was on a roll?

Date: September 20, 2018 14:57

His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

No Bill on acoustic bass on Dear Doctor, as some sites claim?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 20, 2018 19:11

In Amazon japan presale for Beggars Banquet 3 disc version November 16:

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 20, 2018 19:16

rogerriffin
In Amazon japan presale for Beggars Banquet 3 disc version November 16:

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Great find, Roger! Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

Date: September 20, 2018 20:09

It's also listed on Amazon Italy with the same description: [www.amazon.it]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 20, 2018 20:23

I've been trying to translate that amazon jp page, but without finding any information about track listing. Just prices, dates etc..

Anyone got the skinny?

Date: September 20, 2018 20:28

peoplewitheyes
I've been trying to translate that amazon jp page, but without finding any information about track listing. Just prices, dates etc..

Anyone got the skinny?

It only says "3 records" (I'm guessing a mono version, stereo version and maybe an extra record with outtakes/alternate takes). I think some more infos may show up soon.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 20, 2018 21:16

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

Bill:
Maracas on Sympathy For the Devil
Bass on No Expectations
Double Bass on Dear Doctor
Bass on Parachute Woman
Bass on Jigsaw Puzzle
Bass on Stray Cat Blues
Bass on Factory Girl
Bass on Salt of the Earth

Plus organ on Jumpin' Jack Flash
Bass on Child of the Moon

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 20, 2018 21:38

Cristiano Radtke
peoplewitheyes

Anyone got the skinny?

It only says "3 records" (I'm guessing a mono version, stereo version and maybe an extra record with outtakes/alternate takes). I think some more infos may show up soon.

Rock'n'Roll circus as LP3 or a CD (mono or stereo).

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 20, 2018 21:51

ironbelly
Cristiano Radtke
peoplewitheyes

Anyone got the skinny?

Mono and Stereo CDs and 1+1 DVD?
Just speculating.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 20, 2018 22:51

It's time for a complete Hyde Park'69 audio.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 20, 2018 23:55

Cristiano Radtke
It's also listed on Amazon Italy with the same description: [www.amazon.it]

Molto Bene...>grinning smiley< smiling bouncing smiley drinking smiley

Date: September 21, 2018 01:15

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

With Nicky on board and playing magically, Stu may hav4e just decided to leave all the piano playing to him. Same with TSMR.

Bill:
Bass on No Expectations
Bass on Parachute Woman
Bass on Jigsaw Puzzle
Bass on Stray Cat Blues
Bass on Factory Girl

It's Keith on Jig Saw Puzzle.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 21, 2018 05:39

Deltics
ironbelly
Cristiano Radtke
peoplewitheyes

Anyone got the skinny?

Mono and Stereo CDs and 1+1 DVD?
Just speculating.

SACDs in mono and stereo and a single CD with both mixes. Just speculating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 05:45 by ab.

Date: September 21, 2018 05:49

S.T.P
It's time for a complete Hyde Park'69 audio.

Well next year would be the time for it...

That said, not sure if we'll get it since THE STONES IN THE PARK is already part of the FROM THE VAULT series.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 21, 2018 13:00

mono and stereo cds and a DVD for Beggars B?

no extra tracks and stuff?

Why don't they take a leaf out of The Who, Beach Boys and (I think) Beatles books and give us alternative versions, outtakes, other unused songs...

Perhaps I should lay off the complaining until the product's out, right?

Date: September 21, 2018 14:51

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

With Nicky on board and playing magically, Stu may hav4e just decided to leave all the piano playing to him. Same with TSMR.

Bill:
Bass on No Expectations
Bass on Parachute Woman
Bass on Jigsaw Puzzle
Bass on Stray Cat Blues
Bass on Factory Girl

That's always been up for debate though. JP has a couple of credits that have never really been resolved. The slide too. IMO the Bass sounds way more like Bill Wyman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 14:52 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 21, 2018 15:06

peoplewitheyes
mono and stereo cds and a DVD for Beggars B?

no extra tracks and stuff?

Why don't they take a leaf out of The Who, Beach Boys and (I think) Beatles books and give us alternative versions, outtakes, other unused songs...

Perhaps I should lay off the complaining until the product's out, right?

Correct. We doesn’t know any of additional content yet. Wait complaining until we have some reliable info.

Date: September 21, 2018 15:32

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Rocky Dijon

Bill:
Bass on No Expectations
Bass on Parachute Woman
Bass on Jigsaw Puzzle
Bass on Stray Cat Blues
Bass on Factory Girl

That's always been up for debate though. JP has a couple of credits that have never really been resolved. The slide too. IMO the Bass sounds way more like Bill Wyman.

The slide shouldn't be up for debate. But do you really think JSP sounds like Bill when you hear the creation of the song on The Satanic Sessions?

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 21, 2018 16:18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 16:19 by GivenToFly15.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 21, 2018 16:22

I'm not feeling confident this would be released this year given the fact the uncut Voodoo Lounge is out on the same day this should be. Plus there would be some FSK info by now I would think. Maybe someone out there can shed some light on this?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 21, 2018 17:39

This was posted on a music site I frequent. If it's been posted previously, please excuse my re-post.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:43

I hope it will not be released like TSMR. I am waiting for official information. It would be great to get a third disc from outtakes:

-Blood Red Wine
-Family
-Give Me A Hamburger To Go
-Lady (?)
-Still A Fool
-Power Cut (?)
-Thief For The Blues (?)
-Too Far To Walk (?)

and another great takes/outtakes/alternate versions from BB

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1987
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home