Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg shirts
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:50

Hi can you please tell me where in Manchester and Twickenham where bootleg
shirt will be available. Many thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 09:03 by bv.

Re: Help....BV
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 3, 2018 01:09

babyblue

Are you serious

Nate

Date: March 3, 2018 01:10

grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2018 01:13

Lol

Has me thinking though, bv should do another run of IORR t-shirts - those were quite nice thumbs up

*As seen here: The Rolling Stones Fan Club IORR T-shirt 2007

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 01:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 3, 2018 01:13

Buy the real thing, lasts ten times longer, cheaper in the long run smoking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 3, 2018 01:33

babyblue

Try outside the Etihad and the Twickenham stoop.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 01:34 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 3, 2018 01:54

Good luck finding what you need.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 03:41 by Leonioid.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: March 3, 2018 01:58

Sticky: 2018 No Filter UK/Europe Tour Bootleg Shirt Info

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 3, 2018 04:07

The IORR shirts were very cool.. would love to see a reprise.
Saw many that tour, never snagged one though.

They don't always do it anymore, but I always try to get to the merch stand early (or day before) to try to find/get the one they put out/venue specific in "limited" supply. But any more, even they end up on their site eventually.

In Vegas it was the blue tongue Mick wore at desert trip.. not the fiery vegas one most were snapping up. At Desert Trip, they had a very cool sand tongue that sold out very fast and was in very short supply but again, eventually ended up for a short time online.

Miss the days of shirts you could only get at the show..
Thought The Fonda one was going to be that way, but even it showed up online.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 3, 2018 05:22

Wait till Rockman sees this.........

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 3, 2018 08:29

....eeerrr they'll be in the bootleg T-shirt tent ... wont they ????...
..... Ya Cant miss it ... the tent's even a bootleg of the official tent ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 3, 2018 08:37

haha Old Trafford Manchester? Its harder to find official merch. You will have to fight through a mile of cheap knock offs and rancid burger vans before you even set eyes on the venue.

Re: Bootleg shirts
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:09

In 1994 (when VL began in the US)
there were great bootleg shirts with cities like

Wasahington
Birminkham
and
Indianpolis.

Greetings to Marcelo, that was our running gag, wasn´t it? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:35

keithsman
Buy the real thing, lasts ten times longer, cheaper in the long run smoking smiley

Tried to buy one inside Hyde park at the end of the concert and looking at the size of the crowd at the merchandise stall decided to wait for the crowd to die down, but next minute was told by the stewards to make our way to the exits.

Normally I would have ignored this but due to a long day after flying in from Spain and at the time suffering from mobility issues went with the flow, thinking I would be able to get back in, once again due to mobility i was not quick enough to get back in, so decided out of frustration to buy one outside and still have it today and quality is good as the official one's.
Phew!!
Long winded i know lol

Date: March 3, 2018 12:36

odean73
keithsman

Tried to buy one inside Hyde park at the end of the concert and looking at the size of the crowd at the merchandise stall decided to wait for the crowd to die down, but next minute was told by the stewards to make our way to the exits.

Normally I would have ignored this but due to a long day after flying in from Spain and at the time suffering from mobility issues went with the flow, thinking I would be able to get back in, once again due to mobility i was not quick enough to get back in, so decided out of frustration to buy one outside and still have it today and quality is good as the official one's.
Phew!!
Long winded i know lol
I tried at Hyde Park too. every single one I liked had sold out and have not appeared on stones website. Managed to get the Tongue Evolution one on ebay but its way too small. The search continues

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 12:41

kevos
odean73
keithsman

Phew!!
Long winded i know lol
I tried at Hyde Park too. every single one I liked had sold out and have not appeared on stones website. Managed to get the Tongue Evolution one on ebay but its way too small. The search continues

They don't seem to carry the stock these days.

Amsterdam was the same and if you didn't talk Dutch, you ended up shouting at the staff to get there attention imho.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: March 3, 2018 13:29

Hairball
Lol

Has me thinking though, bv should do another run of IORR t-shirts - those were quite nice thumbs up

*As seen here: The Rolling Stones Fan Club IORR T-shirt 2007

I always have on me one on the concert day

Per Arne

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:42

Maybe he means shirts with bootlegs printed on it grinning smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:47

Beware - it's a trap from Stones management! grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 3, 2018 16:08

I remember walking to Wembley stadium many times for the Stones shows over the past years (12 shows). Usually there were bootleg T-shirts on sale halfway from the tube station to the stadium. And ... they were perfectly legal. They were made like Jagger London picture stuff, text and images that are not copyrighted. So as long as the bootleggers don't break any trade mark copyright rules, it seems like they can get away with it. Those shirts were quite popular, but sales were low compared toi the official sales, so I would not bother if I was in the Stones organization.

After every show there are poster and T-shirt sellers in the streets. Mosty of the stuff is bootleg, usually 10 pounds, euro or whatever, while the Stones price is usually three times that.

The best places for bootleg merchandise have always been Mexico and Bilbao, in UK the coppers chase the botleggers so you have to watch out after the show in side streets for guys having half a dozen shirts under their big jackets.

Bjornulf

Date: March 3, 2018 19:59

I am sure you can find plenty of bootleg shirts at the local police station and probably find more than one person who was trying to sell them at the police station as well. Just be sure to try the day of the show you'll have plenty of luck.

babyblue

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 3, 2018 20:36

If you go to a concert, the streets are full of bootleg t-shirts. And specially after the concert. Shirts, stickers, posters.Take money enough in your pocket.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2018 21:01

I bought an exact replica bootleg of one of the the official 50 and Counting t-shirts after the Anaheim show in 2013, and talked the guy down to $5.00.
Higher quality than the official, and made to last.

I also found an official woman's size t-shirt w/the same design still in the bag when walking through the parking lot, and turns out it was a perfect size for my wife!
Felt bad for whoever dropped and lost it, but I've done the same a couple of times over the years, so I considered it a gift from the Gods.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 3, 2018 21:18

Rockman
....eeerrr they'll be in the bootleg T-shirt tent ... wont they ????...
..... Ya Cant miss it ... the tent's even a bootleg of the official tent ...

smiling smiley

Date: March 6, 2018 18:05

Ive designed some

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 18:15 by kevos.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 6, 2018 20:15

Perhaps the price of official No Filter t-shirts will be cheaper than bootlegs as the tongue logo is crap in my opinion. This would be after the tour when they need to get rid of hundreds of them. Heh heh.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 7, 2018 00:12

Just go to any flea market where there are lots of immigrant vendors.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 11, 2018 00:52

Nate
babyblue

Are you serious

Nate

Of course I am serious. I saw some neat bootleg ones in San Jose and Buffalo and the design
was alot better than official.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-11 00:53 by babyblue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home