Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Keith apologizes for joking that Mick needs a vasectomy
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 1, 2018 21:00

Sounded like he was joking to me, but when printed in text the humour doesn't quite translate - hence the apology.
That said, I can imagine Keith saying it right to Micks face and both laughing like the old chums they are.

"Snip it Mick"!!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 1, 2018 22:02

Hell, I HOPE someone/anyone suggest I need a vasectomy when I reach 74! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Loose ()
Date: March 1, 2018 22:18

I see Keith as judgmental rather than moral. Always very quick to condemn others...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 1, 2018 22:58

Just more fodder for the tabloid press, sadly.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 1, 2018 23:18

Elmo Lewis
Hell, I HOPE someone/anyone suggest I need a vasectomy when I reach 74! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Post of the day! By the way, some "poor kids" have to grow up with both parents on heroin. Sometimes it is wise to shut up and to show some manners. Envy is ugly.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 00:32

windmelody
Elmo Lewis
Post of the day! By the way, some "poor kids" have to grow up with both parents on heroin. Sometimes it is wise to shut up and to show some manners. Envy is ugly.
It's quite remarkable how Keith gets a pass on his "parenting" in the '70s. Between crashing Blue Lena repeatedly, nodding off with cigarettes, and having his kids around his drug habit, he's lucky more people didn't die in his presence.

I love the guy, but jeezus...

Date: March 2, 2018 00:36

Loose
I see Keith as judgmental rather than moral. Always very quick to condemn others...
Absolutely.

And just to lend credence to "any publicity is good publicity", check out the hyperventilating coverage of Keith on HuffPo:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

"Stone cold diss" of Taylor Swift? Keith was pretty mild in his critique of her, to be honest, plus her career has lasted much longer than her contemporaries.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 2, 2018 00:43

At times Keith seems to resemble the late Dean Martin.
The same boozy demeanor...and catty comments. Remember his comments about The Stones in 1964. Not very pleasant or funny.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 2, 2018 00:44

................................... "Tattoo you"

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 2, 2018 00:52

jlowe

Or more recently Quincy Jones, age 84, whose daughters had to stage an intervention after his recent bizarre Vulture interview.

Date: March 2, 2018 01:17

DeanGoodman
jlowe

Or more recently Quincy Jones, age 84, whose daughters had to stage an intervention after his recent bizarre Vulture interview.
That was a GREAT interview! I'd heard how bizarre it was, but then when I read it, it simply came off to me as a guy who's too old to give a damn about what people think of him. It was 100% honest and I loved it. It's too bad he apologized for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 01:19 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 2, 2018 02:03

Geez, there's always some dig Keith makes at Mick before every tour. Guess we'll know soon enough if it was just a PR stunt or if he really did p*ss Mick off again by the way they'll act towards one another on stage. eye rolling smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 2, 2018 02:19

I thought Keith joking that Mick should have the snip was tongue in cheek and funny, the apology that followed seemed to insinuate his words were more intent and that he really meant it, can't for the life of me understand why Keith made such an out of character apology.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 2, 2018 02:23

keithsman
I thought Keith joking that Mick should have the snip was tongue in cheek and funny, the apology that followed seemed to insinuate his words were more intent and that he really meant it, can't for the life of me understand why Keith made such an out of character apology.

He apologized for saying "think of the poor kids" after he was undoubtedly told that was totally out of line. There would be no reason to apologize for the vasectomy line.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 2, 2018 02:34

Maybe Mick should tell Keith he'll get snipped as soon as he gets the into to Brown Sugar right

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2018 02:50

No secret that Keith can be a bit of a d*ck at times towards Mick.
Keith was outta line and apologized immediately for it, as he should.
Gotta believe that it was accepted and they move on.

The more interesting thing said by Keith lately to me, Is his being sober for a couple months. When Ronnie got sober, his onstage playing and performance improved significantly. To be honest, watching the scopes from last year, Keith appeared at times too drunk or high to play well, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt,but it's very possible he p*ssed himself at one point.I hope Keith's newfound sobriety helps him, personally and professionally if needed.

Date: March 2, 2018 03:10

I wonder if that is the instance that Charlie refers to about Keith 'tweeting'.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 2, 2018 03:23

The sum of all vices is a constant. This criticism is nothing new. Read "Life" if you don't believe me. Keith compares Sir Michael with Bill Perks there and says they're both the same
(when it comes to groupies). Keith isn't exactly impressed with that to use a eufemism. On the other hand both Perks and Sir Michael have handled drugs much better than Keith...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 2, 2018 03:29

I can't believe this is still a story. It's an old trick. No one else is saying anything controversial about them, so they'll do it themselves. Oh, and there just happens to be a new tour, and an album? Fancy that.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 2, 2018 03:47

Here goes the theory that Keith is mean to Mick because he is pissed up.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 2, 2018 04:44

rollmops
Here goes the theory that Keith is mean to Mick because he is pissed up.
Rockandroll,
Mops

That was Mick's theory, right, he said that in a BBC interview, "Keith only says those things because he's drunk"?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2018 04:57

at least Keith had the balls to apologize ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 06:15

24FPS
..... Oh, and there just happens to be a new tour, and an album? Fancy that......

....Album??? Where can I grab that? ;-)

Rod

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 2, 2018 08:11

Loose

I agree with you. I think he said it deliberately and meant it. Implying strongly that someone is a bad parent is way over the line. And it's rich, coming from Keith. Considering the childhood his son Marlon had, described in Life and Tony Sanchez' and Barbara Charone's books, and the fact that his mother removed his daughter Angela from his care, he is in no position to judge anyone else's parenting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 08:18 by Bliss.

Re: Keith Richards to WSJ : "I AIN’T GONNA BE around forever—not even me!"
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 2, 2018 08:54

Keith is one of the most honest interviews in rock. Here's hoping Poor Kids is a new song on the next Stones album.

Date: March 2, 2018 10:00

I never knew that Keith can't read music.

Date: March 2, 2018 10:05

Bliss
I never knew that Keith can't read music.

Most of our heroes from the 60s and 70s can't smiling smiley

Date: March 2, 2018 10:07

Bliss
Loose

I agree with you. I think he said it deliberately and meant it. Implying strongly that someone is a bad parent is way over the line. And it's rich, coming from Keith. Considering the childhood his son Marlon had, described in Life and Tony Sanchez' and Barbara Charone's books, and the fact that his mother removed his daughter Angela from his care, he is in no position to judge anyone else's parenting.

There is also possible that Keith blurted out what most people think of becoming a parent at that age (the general view), and that he thought about his own parental merit later on smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 2, 2018 10:43

DandelionPowderman
Bliss
Loose

There is also possible that Keith blurted out what most people think of becoming a parent at that age (the general view), and that he thought about his own parental merit later on smiling smiley

thumbs up

Date: March 2, 2018 11:30

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home