Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Keith Richards to WSJ : "I AIN’T GONNA BE around forever—not even me!"
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:45

Hairball

“Mick’s a randy old bastard. It’s time for the snip—you can’t be a father at that age. Those poor kids!”

He's absolutely right.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:57

He sounds absolutely jealous!grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:07

A sober Keith and feuding Glimmers,to the point a public apology was warranted.
This tour is already getting.. interesting.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:28

Leonioid
All these interviews out of the blue.. so surprising... I wonder why?

JUST SAY NO TO BLAND DRUGS

LOL

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:27

"He's a randy old bastard, it's time for the snip". Fine, clearly jocular, I'm sure Mick can cope with that.

"You can't be a father at that age. Those poor kids". Quite easy to see how this can be hurtful. Sure Mick will be in his 80s long before the kid is even in his teens. I'm not saying I think the situation is ideal but it wasn't planned, it's happened and Mick is dealing with it and being a good father as he always has been. And as another poster said, Ronnie is not so far behind in age.

I don't see this as any major spat. What Keith said was off the cuff and without malice, on reflection he realised it could be hurtful and apologised. I'm sure he and Mick are fine, they've got over much worse. The fact that KR chose to make the apology public shows both sincerity and how much he has mellowed.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:41

Cool interview. Thanks for posting.

Date: March 1, 2018 12:45

rebelrebel
"He's a randy old bastard, it's time for the snip". Fine, clearly jocular, I'm sure Mick can cope with that.

"You can't be a father at that age. Those poor kids". Quite easy to see how this can be hurtful. Sure Mick will be in his 80s long before the kid is even in his teens. I'm not saying I think the situation is ideal but it wasn't planned, it's happened and Mick is dealing with it and being a good father as he always has been. And as another poster said, Ronnie is not so far behind in age.

I don't see this as any major spat. What Keith said was off the cuff and without malice, on reflection he realised it could be hurtful and apologised. I'm sure he and Mick are fine, they've got over much worse. The fact that KR chose to make the apology public shows both sincerity and how much he has mellowed.

...or that someone told him that this just wasn't acceptable smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:48

DandelionPowderman
rebelrebel

Oh, could quite easily be! We'll never really know. I'm just choosing to see it in the most positive light. smiling smiley

Date: March 1, 2018 12:56

rebelrebel
DandelionPowderman
rebelrebel

Oh, could quite easily be! We'll never really know. I'm just choosing to see it in the most positive light. smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 1, 2018 18:30

the apology story in Le Parisien

[www.leparisien.fr]

Keith calls Mick a lapin chaud, literally a hot rabbit (their translation of randy).

I think if he had stopped short of the remarks about the kids it would have been fine, Mick being Ok with being a hot rabbit and even with the vasectomy suggestion.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 1, 2018 18:36

It's all about getting a headline.... and it worked grinning smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:00

A bit surprised that they still feel the need to do the PR bit just as the tour details are announced?
Worried about ticket sales? Surely not.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:04

Keith Richards seems to be obsessed with Mick Jagger's sexuality.Embarrassing. One should not discuss a colleague's private life in public.Envy might be the reason for these stupid remarks.

Date: March 1, 2018 19:12

‘No Filter’ filtering down the publicity costs, I think it’s brilliant in a way, a poke at all the apologizing and offended snowflakes LOL
Besides,
Chris Jagger made the same joke last year,
the press has splashed this and every move he takes with Melanie all about,
and really,
Mick and his girl have been together 4 years now? Good for Mick and wonderful he really does love his children.
Okay I’m done for today.
Xxoo

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:17

MisterDDDD
...feuding Glimmers,to the point a public apology was warranted...

All a carefully planned part part of the publicity agenda. Worry not.

Date: March 1, 2018 19:24

Olly
MisterDDDD
...feuding Glimmers,to the point a public apology was warranted...

All a carefully planned part part of the publicity agenda. Worry not.

Maybe up until the "think of the poor kids" line, which required the hasty public apology. Who would think that such a thing would be planned and said as part of a PR campaign? Come on.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:27

Why is it that celebrities give interviews when they have a product to sell? To gain publicity. If Keith hadn't made a statement that had the potential to shock, the article would have received less publicity.

Maximum publicity is sought to maximise sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 20:03 by Olly.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:54

Hell, I HOPE someone/anyone suggest I need a vasectomy when I reach 74! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:57

All P.R. is great P.R. for The Rolling Stones. Those comments by Keith are probably paying off loads of newspaper articles and clicks in social media. May be I should hire Keith to take care of P.R. for me? Well I live a boring life, so he is much better ar marketing The Rolling Stones!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:05

slewan
at least they now get even more media attention

Bingo!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:06

I agree with the above comments...the "time for a snip" line was funny and he should have left it there.

Bringing up his age and the "poor kids" is where it took a mean-spirited turn.

Date: March 1, 2018 21:06

keefriff99
I agree with the above comments...the "time for a snip" line was funny and he should have left it there.

Of course. The idea that Keith makes public comments about Mick's poor kids, and then rushes to publicly apologize, rightfully so, all for publicity purposes, all to sell tickets for the tour, is ludicrous.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2018 21:10

keefriff99

The "poor kids" comment took it to the public apology level, I agree.
One thing to jab Mick, but never wise to bring family or lovers into it.

Ask David Crosby.

Date: March 1, 2018 21:47

Elmo Lewis
Hell, I HOPE someone/anyone suggest I need a vasectomy when I reach 74! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

grinning smiley

Keith apologizes for joking that Mick needs a vasectomy
Date: March 1, 2018 20:04

Title says it all grinning smiley

Rolling Stone
Keith Richards apologized to Mick Jagger for joking in a recent Wall Street Journal interview that his 73-year-old bandmate should get a vasectomy. Jagger and girlfriend Melanie Hamrick welcomed their first child (and Jagger's eighth child) Deveraux in December 2016.

"Mick's a randy old bastard," the Rolling Stones guitarist said in the profile that published Wednesday. "It's time for the snip—you can't be a father at that age. Those poor kids!" After the interview was printed, Richards issued a statement apologizing for suggesting that Jagger undergo a vasectomy.

"I deeply regret the comments I made about Mick in the WSJ which were completely out of line. I have of course apologized to him in person," Richards tweeted.

Richards' swipe at Jagger didn't prevent the Rolling Stones from announcing a European leg of their No Filter Tour earlier this week, an 11-date trek that includes the band's first U.K. gigs in five years.

Elsewhere in the interview, Richards promised Rolling Stones fans that a new album from the band will arrive, eventually. "I'm going to sound like Trump – 'It will happen; don't worry about it' – but it's in the early stages," he said. "We have some stuff down, which is very interesting. It's more difficult for us to write together the further apart we are, but it also has its benefits in that we come back to it from a different angle."

The Rolling Stones last released Blue and Lonesome, their album of blues covers, in December 2016.

(Source)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 20:04 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Re: Keith apologizes for joking that Mick needs a vasectomy
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:07

The "time for a snip" line was funny...he should have left it there.

Bringing up his age and the "poor kids" is where it took a mean-spirited turn...but hey, it's Keith. The apology feels forced and PR-mandated.

Date: March 1, 2018 20:12

keefriff99
The "time for a snip" line was funny...he should have left it there.

Bringing up his age and the "poor kids" is where it took a mean-spirited turn...but hey, it's Keith. The apology feels forced and PR-mandated.

Def all PR.

These guys use the press as their sandbox... every tour same thing... out of the
blue come all these interviews all designed to create awareness... and it works.

Then after the tour... it goes quiet... until the next thing.

Keith snorted his Dad... he seems to be trying to top that headline maker. grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:17

Yes, I speculate that it's all PR -- the apology and the insult.

And they say Mick and Keith no longer collaborate together on the creative side of things.

Date: March 1, 2018 20:33

stonehearted
Yes, I speculate that it's all PR -- the apology and the insult.

And they say Mick and Keith no longer collaborate together on the creative side of things.
grinning smiley
LOL, Indeed!
And THAT could be the basis for a good song starter

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:34

Apologize or not. I think he meant what he said. Believe it or not, I think Keith is a very moral person deep down.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home