Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Keith apologizes for joking that Mick needs a vasectomy
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2018 16:48

Stoneage
Believe it or not, I think Keith is a very moral person deep down.

Keef is a conservative not moral working-class lad. He finds the company of gay people unpleasant and cheating on the "old lady" is a no-no to him.

Mick has a more "bourgeois" view of life, that is you can fulfill any desire, regardless of what other people will think of you. Want to sleep with a bloke? Go ahead!

I find it funny that after spitting at the face of a British judge "I'm not concerned with your petty morals which are illegitimate" in 1967 Keef has turned a bit old-fashioned...

Re: Keith Richards to WSJ : "I AIN’T GONNA BE around forever—not even me!"
Date: March 2, 2018 18:51

I’ve been so lucky,” Richards says. “I’m sure I’m going to pay in the next life. Hell is really going to be hell for me".

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 2, 2018 22:09

Rokyfan
rollmops
Here goes the theory that Keith is mean to Mick because he is pissed up.
Rockandroll,
Mops

That was Mick's theory, right, he said that in a BBC interview, "Keith only says those things because he's drunk"?
Yes ; it is Mick's.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2018 22:31

.... BUT BUTT..... Keef hasn't had any alcohol since Xmas ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 2, 2018 22:41

DrPete
Im sure Keith as said worse to Brenda

At least he didn’t suggest a hysterectomy. eye popping smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:01

Rockman

Uum...doubt it somehow...Keith up to his old trickery.

Actually,on another matter... Keith often implies that the time he sees his wife most is on tour.
Seems strange? I mean for the other 10 months of the year he lives a low key existence in his various homes....presumably with Patti?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:01

dcba
Stoneage
Believe it or not, I think Keith is a very moral person deep down.

Keef is a conservative not moral working-class lad. He finds the company of gay people unpleasant and cheating on the "old lady" is a no-no to him.

Mick has a more "bourgeois" view of life, that is you can fulfill any desire, regardless of what other people will think of you. Want to sleep with a bloke? Go ahead!

I find it funny that after spitting at the face of a British judge "I'm not concerned with your petty morals which are illegitimate" in 1967 Keef has turned a bit old-fashioned...

Agree but it's still amusing that back in the day Keith kept a few eyeliner and companies afloat. Mick also came from a more bourgeois family and attended LSE for a few months.

Date: March 2, 2018 23:05

I mean for the other 10 months of the year he lives a low key existence

....in a cowboy tent... beneath a lemon tree in Connecticut ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:36

Triceratops
Mick also came from a more bourgeois family and attended LSE for a few months.

Middle class rather. His father was a gym teacher, his mother a housewife. British Tory middle class (like in "Keeping Up Appearances"). Brian was, perhaps, more bourgeoise.

Life is strange. You're a product of your upbringing. You rebel against it but in the end you turn out to be exactly like those you rebelled against. Like your father or your mother. Some amateur psychology there...

Date: March 3, 2018 00:00

You're a product of your upbringing

Yeah but I know a girl who turned into her mother-in-law ... Saddest thing I've ever seen ....

I tried re-wiring her, I tried re-firing her
I think her engine is permanently stalled

............................... She's So Cold -- Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Date: March 3, 2018 00:09

Poor girl, Rockman! No rule without exception though...

Date: March 3, 2018 00:12

.... Yeah to see some one turn into a toothless bearded hag .... shocking stuff

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:44

Keith's conservative streak is a matter of perception. I think you'll find he objects to being indiscreet rather than taking a moral stance on infidelity. If he didn't, he would be quite the hypocrite over the years. As for gay people, despite his politically incorrect remarks on just about every topic under the sun; Keith has worked with and been friends with gay people for over 55 years. He's in an industry where gay and bisexual relationships were far more common (the same as open relationships and drug use). Keith refers to women as "bitches" yet no one doubts his love and respect for women. He uses racial slurs in common language, but some of his closest friends are black. To me, that doesn't make him moral or conservative. Politically incorrect? Yes, but otherwise he's just as bohemian as Mick in his own fashion. Neither are well-suited to labels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 00:45 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:51

lemon tree in Connecticut...

I still find this a head scratcher... growing lemons up North?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 3, 2018 05:37

Leonioid

In giant pots in a greenhouse.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 3, 2018 06:52

GasLightStreet
Leonioid

In giant pots in a greenhouse.

yeah yeah... we have all seen how it is done... but still...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:50

This will loop ya in, Leonioid...

[m.youtube.com]

Keith Richards Wall Street Journal interview
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 3, 2018 17:09

Writer Alan Light talks about the Wall Street Journal interview with SiriusXM's Arlene Bynon:

[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 17:10 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 3, 2018 17:57

Rocky Dijon
Keith's conservative streak is a matter of perception. I think you'll find he objects to being indiscreet rather than taking a moral stance on infidelity. If he didn't, he would be quite the hypocrite over the years. As for gay people, despite his politically incorrect remarks on just about every topic under the sun; Keith has worked with and been friends with gay people for over 55 years. He's in an industry where gay and bisexual relationships were far more common (the same as open relationships and drug use). Keith refers to women as "bitches" yet no one doubts his love and respect for women. He uses racial slurs in common language, but some of his closest friends are black. To me, that doesn't make him moral or conservative. Politically incorrect? Yes, but otherwise he's just as bohemian as Mick in his own fashion. Neither are well-suited to labels.

Well spoken, you nail it Rocky ...

Bohemians

cheers - d.f

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 3, 2018 19:08

Keith is sober. Period. And that is great news. Maybe we won´t have to see another Hamburg concert - opening - where everything is going in slow motion...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 3, 2018 21:00

Rockman

Makes me think of a certain Ry Cooder song ...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2018 21:07

Bjorn
Keith is sober. Period. And that is great news. Maybe we won´t have to see another Hamburg concert - opening - where everything is going in slow motion...

thumbs up

As Ronnie has shown, sobriety can do wonders when it comes to performance and skills. His focus and confidence has escalated to a much higher level.
Looking forward to what the "new" Keith brings to the band!

"They (Mick & Keith), will travel separately with their own entourages on tour and never visit each other’s dressing rooms."
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:38

Excerpts from the Dailymail.com article posted this week by Alison Boshoff:

It's a rivalry that's lasted almost as long as the Rolling Stones themselves. Now after Keith launches yet another belittling assault on Mick, ALISON BOSHOFF reveals what's really driving rock's longest feud

But he concedes they ’stay away from each other’ when not on Stones business.
Those close to the band tell the Mail they expect the deep freeze between them to continue.

They are reported to barely speak, and any association is for business only. Yet Marianne Faithfull once said: ‘Of all Mick’s relationships, the only one that really means anything to him is with Keith.’

Read more here:

[dailymail Stones]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 01:39 by The Sicilian.

Re: "They (Mick & Keith), will travel separately with their own entourages on tour and never visit each other’s dressing rooms."
Date: March 4, 2018 01:46

Tabloid fodder?

Re: "They (Mick & Keith), will travel separately with their own entourages on tour and never visit each other’s dressing rooms."
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 4, 2018 02:19

nothing really new, me think

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 4, 2018 02:57

No surprise but unsettling olds for fans who want to believe the myth of the ever lasting comradery. Would be cool to hear something co written by them again. And not just some lazy rocker. Now where is that house in Positano?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 03:05

Uhhhh, it's been this way for years.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 4, 2018 03:50

well if it wasn't for the Daily Mail I'd never get those enthustically detailed reports on what Kesha has worn to whatever Airport that day,
so let's not just call it a tabloid; as if they've not got their fingers on the pulse of the culture, cause hey, look....
they have seperate dressing rooms!!??? confused smiley
Wow. Depressing.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 4, 2018 03:57

Well looky look
The Mirror (another English publication)
says right here, on 3/3
Meanwhile, Mick and Keith were in a New York studio this week writing new material. “They had a right laugh,” an insider said.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: March 4, 2018 04:06

..... just some tabloid trash .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But havin' said that ... I got a truck load of mates but I wouldn't wanna share three...two month eeeerrrr week on a yacht with many of 'em ...

I'm never in such good company as when I'm alone ......
................................................................. Scipio

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 04:09 by Rockman.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home