Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 38
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets to multiply the chances of good tickets
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:15

gotdablouse
Sounds like it might be a hassle to accompany all your buyers to the booth and then handle out the tickets. Not to mention possibly being spotted for buying multiple pairs when only one was allowed.

If you pull GAs (or GCs) you'll be wasting time doing that instead of getting the best possible spot, one of the perks (other than the price) of LDs, at least in 2017 where it was basically an early entry GA.

But better to do the hassle than to let the tickets expire. They weren't meant for that

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:25

Right but then no one forced you to buy multiple pairs either. I don't really understand how that came to happen "Myself, I bought too many LD pairs for Edinburgh because I simply didn't think they would be sold with the General Sale" ? Were you already planning on helping out friends ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:26

hockenheim95
A friend of mine ordered 4 LD tickets (that was possible in the first minutes; so this is a fault of Ticketmaster) while I ordered the LD tickets on multiple persons. So every credit card was only used once. I think this is the same what other people did. Especially if you are a couple - both can order a pair. And that is what many people do.

In the case you've got two LDs for Berlin left, I'd take them. Was just too late to get some the day they were sold

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:27

No hassle involved. I had four lucky dips for one show last tour that I'd bought for myself and three friends. All four of us later managed to get the tickets we wanted, so I just picked up the lucky dips and gave them to the four other people who had agreed to take them off me (at face value, of course). I also did the same with two lucky dips I no longer needed for another show. It was no big deal.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:01

gotdablouse
Right but then no one forced you to buy multiple pairs either. I don't really understand how that came to happen "Myself, I bought too many LD pairs for Edinburgh because I simply didn't think they would be sold with the General Sale" ? Were you already planning on helping out friends ?

Yes, they went on sale and I bought tickets for friends who would come with me and a friend did the same. So we are 6 people and we have 5 LD pairs. Because you can't buy LD later we had to do it immediately. Others did the same or did it on purpose to have a better option.

Date: March 23, 2018 17:45

ok, hope things work out to your liking ;-)

Beast
No hassle involved. I had four lucky dips for one show last tour that I'd bought for myself and three friends. All four of us later managed to get the tickets we wanted, so I just picked up the lucky dips and gave them to the four other people who had agreed to take them off me (at face value, of course). I also did the same with two lucky dips I no longer needed for another show. It was no big deal.

That sounds smooth indeed but also the best case scenario. At Paris II last year it would have been a major hassle to pick up the 4 LDs (2x2 I assume ? No issues picking them up at the same time ?) then fight your way out through the endless lines to give the tickets to your buyers and then fight your way back in!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:59

Yes, 2 x 2 and I was even given the four tickets in one envelope (go figure)! There was no fighting through any endless lines. The buyers were right there at the lucky dip will call, so I immediately gave them the tickets and then everyone entered the venue as normal.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 23, 2018 19:18

Are there any statics asa to where the Lucky Dippers end up? I read of quite some getting pit, but, of course, the ones getting nosebleeds would probably less enthusiastic in posting it.

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: March 23, 2018 19:25

TornFrayedSue
Are there any statics asa to where the Lucky Dippers end up? I read of quite some getting pit, but, of course, the ones getting nosebleeds would probably less enthusiastic in posting it.

I did the whole last tour, i think I got pit half of the time. From memory Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam, Arnhem and Copenhagen were for sure pit draws.

Date: March 23, 2018 20:21

There were indeed a lot of success stories last year compared to previous tours where most people ended up in the rafters. Whether this will continue nobody knows at this point!

IMHO LDs are great if you're attending multiple shows but not worth the risk if you're only attending one or traveling long distance.

--------------

Date: March 23, 2018 21:45

Thanks for your input. I have LDs for Dublin, traveling from Spain... unfortunately, my budget and work schedule do not allow me more shows or expensive tickets this year.... So I just keep my fingers crossed.... I read that some getting nosebleed, were later on able to negotiate an update to better place ...

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Date: March 23, 2018 23:36

bengigan
TornFrayedSue

I did the whole last tour, i think I got pit half of the time. From memory Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam, Arnhem and Copenhagen were for sure pit draws.

And what about the other half?

Sue in Spain

Date: March 24, 2018 00:03

TornFrayedSue
bengigan
TornFrayedSue

I think a few were floor GA at the back and then 2 of them were seated and not as desirable

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 24, 2018 00:15

bengigan
TornFrayedSue
bengigan
TornFrayedSue

I think a few were floor GA at the back and then 2 of them were seated and not as desirable

I’m Lucky Dipping 9 shows and would be delighted with the outcome you had. I did 2 last year - Paris 1 & 2 and got Floor GA for both. The front of GA was excellent in Paris last year but much poorer in other places, notably Barcelona and Hamburg where it was a long way back.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2018 01:49

I had LD for three shows in 2017: I got pit both for Hamburg and Munich and pitch GA for Dusseldorf

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 24, 2018 09:45

In 2017 I had LD for one show.
I got "PIT" in Zürich!

What a luck and what a great show......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 09:48 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:54

I had LDs for Arnhem on the first leg and ended up in seats, upper tier.

Not as lucky as some but couldn’t fault it for the price

Date: March 24, 2018 14:02

slewan
I had LD for three shows in 2017: I got pit both for Hamburg and Munich and pitch GA for Dusseldorf

That’s a very impressive strike rate Slewan! The Pit hit rate for Lucky Dippers seemed to be good in Germany, probably because of those €800 face vslue prices.

Pits are £450 at every U.K. show so I’m hoping for some successes here thumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2018 15:55

grzegorz67
slewan

That’s a very impressive strike rate Slewan! The Pit hit rate for Lucky Dippers seemed to be good in Germany, probably because of those €800 face vslue prices.

Pits are £450 at every U.K. show so I’m hoping for some successes here thumbs up

I wish I could continue with this rate… I Hamburg I was just lucky since the envelops were randonmly picked from a box. In Munich I had the impression that all people who were at the head of the queue got pit tickets. In Düsseldorf I couldn't see whether they had different piles of envelops. But only very few people got pit tickets

surely it had something to do with overpriced tickets in Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 15:58 by slewan.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2018 16:15

So here's my question:

Have Prague Lucky Dips, will be selling them in due course, but meanwhile - I need an insight into how all this is gonna work in practice. When you bought Prague Lucky Dips, you could immediately download the tickets as a PDF file. The download was basically an E-ticket, each individual ticket has its own distinct barcode.

So ... (a) does this mean that on the day you actually don't have to go to some kind of collection booth and get some other kind of paper ticket, and (b) what's the exact story on this wristband malarkey ?

The below is text from the E-ticket download. I can already see a problem here, because I won't be in the UK from 21st June onwards, so if that wristband isn't with me before the date they mention (22nd June), I guess I'll have to pick it up on the day of the gig ?

APPROXIMATELY ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE CONCERT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE APPROPRIATE RFID WRISTBAND CORRESPONDING TO THE TYPE
OF TICKET YOU HAVE BOUGHT. YOU WILL NEED TO WEAR A RFID WRISTBAND ON YOUR RIGHT WRIST TO ENTER THE EVENT SITE. DON´T
FORGET TO TAKE IT WITH YOU. THE RFID WRISTBANDS YOU WILL RECEIVE WILL BE LINKED TO THIS TRANSACTION. IT IS FORBIDDEN
TO TRANSFER A RFID WRISTBAND TO SOMEONE ELSE - TRANSFERRING A RFID WRISTBAND WILL MAKE IT INVALID. AS THE EVENT WILL BE
ENTIRELY CASHLESS, THE RFID WRISTBAND WILL ALSO BE THE PAYMENT METHOD ACCEPTED ON THE EVENT SITE. MORE INFORMATION ON THIS
SUBJECT WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO YOU PRIOR TO THE EVENT BY VISITING WWW.ROLLINGSTONES.CZ AS WELL AS WHEN YOU WILL RECEIVE
THE WRISTBANDS. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A RESERVED SEAT PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING THIS TICKET WITH YOU SO THAT YOU MAY CLAIM
YOUR SEAT ONCE YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT THE EVENT SITE. IF YOU WILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR WRISTBANDS BY FRIDAY, JUNE 22ND,
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US AT « WRISTBAND-SHIPPING@ROLLINGSTONES.CZ ».

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 24, 2018 16:30

I'm afraid I can't help you but does the ticket say which category it is in?
GA, GC, pit or seated.
I guess that if it does not then you need to pick up a ticket that does.

It is also really hard to tell if those wristbands will be linked to the specific tickets like they say and can be used for entry instead of tickets or they are just going to be used for cashless payments.
In first case what are the tickets needed for if a wristband is already a ticket?

Date: March 24, 2018 16:36

One more thing, were you forced to pay for sending the wristbands? For tickets other than LD it was obligatory and was something around 8 EUR

Date: March 24, 2018 17:44

Prague was the show that confused me the most with this RFID thing. Luckily I couldn't order the LD's because of payment problems, but will use my friends spare. I'm travelling and wouldn't be home if they mailed me the wristband.

I think you still have to show up to LD box office to find out where you seat is.

Date: March 24, 2018 18:16

Adams
GA, GC, pit or seated.

It is also really hard to tell if those wristbands will be linked to the specific tickets like they say and can be used for entry instead of tickets or they are just going to be used for cashless payments.
In first case what are the tickets needed for if a wristband is already a ticket?

No of course it doesn't, that is something you only find out on the day ... so I suppose there's the answer. Yes, I guess you do have to present it somewhere or other in order to exchange it for the envelope with the actual paper tickets - OR else these bloody wristbands perhaps ?

Yeah, I don't get this wristband thing really, is the wristband the actual ticket, or is the wristband not the ticket but just some bit of electronic wizardry in order to avoid using 'cash' ? Sounds like bollocks to me !

Date: March 24, 2018 18:21

paulywaul
Adams
GA, GC, pit or seated.

No of course it doesn't, that is something you only find out on the day ... so I suppose there's the answer. Yes, I guess you do have to present it somewhere or other in order to exchange it for the envelope with the actual paper tickets - OR else these bloody wristbands perhaps ?

Yeah, I don't get this wristband thing really, is the wristband the actual ticket, or is the wristband not the ticket but just some bit of electronic wizardry in order to avoid using 'cash' ? Sounds like bollocks to me !

As you will recall, that little piece of technological umm ‘wizardry’ was oh such a roaring success at Hyde Park 5 years ago .... grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2018 18:32

grzegorz67
paulywaul
Adams
GA, GC, pit or seated.

As you will recall, that little piece of technological umm ‘wizardry’ was oh such a roaring success at Hyde Park 5 years ago .... grinning smiley

grinning smiley It was such a load of nonsense, just absurd ! I can't even recall how the bloody hell the thing was supposed to work. You charged it up with money, was that the idea ?

Date: March 24, 2018 19:07

paulywaul
grzegorz67
paulywaul
Adams
GA, GC, pit or seated.

grinning smiley It was such a load of nonsense, just absurd ! I can't even recall how the bloody hell the thing was supposed to work. You charged it up with money, was that the idea ?

I believe so. It was something do do with being sponsored by Barclaycard. If you took a Payband and charged it up with 20 quid or so, you got your own dedicated queue into GA and a lead over everyone else. Which was fine, but I believe that once inside, the whole thing went t!t5 up and it didn’t work, making said 20 pounds worth less than 20 Turkish Lira i.e. burger all. I seem to remember you having a rant about it at the time, just another of many balls ups around those 2 shows that the organisers made.

Date: March 24, 2018 19:13

The wristbands are used here to make more money of course. They don't say that yet but of course you will have to charge them up with money before the show. And some of that money won't get used up and some people will forget about it

Date: March 24, 2018 20:10

grzegorz67
paulywaul
grzegorz67
paulywaul
Adams
GA, GC, pit or seated.

I believe so. It was something do do with being sponsored by Barclaycard. If you took a Payband and charged it up with 20 quid or so, you got your own dedicated queue into GA and a lead over everyone else. Which was fine, but I believe that once inside, the whole thing went t!t5 up and it didn’t work, making said 20 pounds worth less than 20 Turkish Lira i.e. burger all. I seem to remember you having a rant about it at the time, just another of many balls ups around those 2 shows that the organisers made.

You're right, I was indeed ranting bigtime about them at the time. But it wasn't to do with the fact that in themselves they're just a rubbish idea, it was to do with the fact that they weren't being sent out in time. I vividly recall being on the phone to people here, who then passed me over to people there, who then passed me back to the previous people ... everybody claiming that the fact I'd still not received the wristbands a matter of 48 hours before the event wasn't their fault of course, it was somebody else's ! I got sick of explaining to whomsoever I was talking to that a great many people weren't necessarily conveniently waiting at their home address up to the day before the show or even the day of the show for the post to arrive, and it was utterly negligent to be sending these things out so incredibly late in the day. I eventually received mine some 36 hours before the first of those two Hyde Park gigs, but you would not believe the amount of emails I had to send and phone calls I had to make in order to ensure that those things got sent out in time.

NEVER again !!

The whole thing was absurd. Ticketmaster sold you the ticket, Barclaycard provided some other function that escapes me right now, some other party 'manufactured' the wristband, yet someone else married up the ticket with the wristband and was charged with the job of sending that out ..... it was a colossal f**k up and a prime example of a left hand not having a f***ing clue about what the right was doing !

Date: March 24, 2018 20:23

And the fact the blurb at the bottom of the Prague Lucky Dip E-ticket says this:

APPROXIMATELY ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE CONCERT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE APPROPRIATE RFID WRISTBAND CORRESPONDING TO THE TYPE
OF TICKET YOU HAVE BOUGHT
. YOU WILL NEED TO WEAR A RFID WRISTBAND ON YOUR RIGHT WRIST TO ENTER THE EVENT SITE. DON´T
FORGET TO TAKE IT WITH YOU. THE RFID WRISTBANDS YOU WILL RECEIVE WILL BE LINKED TO THIS TRANSACTION. IT IS FORBIDDEN
TO TRANSFER A RFID WRISTBAND TO SOMEONE ELSE - TRANSFERRING A RFID WRISTBAND WILL MAKE IT INVALID. AS THE EVENT WILL BE
ENTIRELY CASHLESS, THE RFID WRISTBAND WILL ALSO BE THE PAYMENT METHOD ACCEPTED ON THE EVENT SITE. MORE INFORMATION ON THIS
SUBJECT WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO YOU PRIOR TO THE EVENT BY VISITING WWW.ROLLINGSTONES.CZ AS WELL AS WHEN YOU WILL RECEIVE
THE WRISTBANDS. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A RESERVED SEAT PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING THIS TICKET WITH YOU SO THAT YOU MAY CLAIM
YOUR SEAT ONCE YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT THE EVENT SITE. IF YOU WILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR WRISTBANDS BY FRIDAY, JUNE 22ND,
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US AT « WRISTBAND-SHIPPING@ROLLINGSTONES.CZ »

... basically tells me that exactly the same f**k up is likely to prevail again !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home