Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2018 20:27

I bet that in due course they're gonna get inundated with a bunch of pissed off people writing to:

WRISTBAND-SHIPPING@ROLLINGSTONES.CZ

when mere days before the event, wristbands still ain't tuned up !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 24, 2018 21:20

paulywaul
And the fact the blurb at the bottom of the Prague Lucky Dip E-ticket says this:

.... IF YOU WILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR WRISTBANDS BY FRIDAY, JUNE 22ND,
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US AT « WRISTBAND-SHIPPING@ROLLINGSTONES.CZ »

... basically tells me that exactly the same f**k up is likely to prevail again !!

Doesn't sound good, especially since I'll be leaving my USA address on June 12 to get ready to travel to Europe for almost a month. Well at least I'll get ahead of the masses by emailing them on June 12.if I haven't received everything.

Date: March 24, 2018 22:19

I don't wanna sound alarm bells unnecessarily, maybe they'll get these ridiculous wristbands out in good time and it'll all work splendidly ? But certainly for Hyde Park back in 2013 when Barclaycard were involved, it was a f**k up extraordinaire !! I'm just wary of this "IF YOU WILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR WRISTBANDS BY FRIDAY JUNE 22ND" wording on the E-ticket !!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 24, 2018 22:55

paulywaul
I don't wanna sound alarm bells unnecessarily, maybe they'll get these ridiculous wristbands out in good time and it'll all work splendidly ? But certainly for Hyde Park back in 2013 when Barclaycard were involved, it was a f**k up extraordinaire !! I'm just wary of this "IF YOU WILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR WRISTBANDS BY FRIDAY JUNE 22ND" wording on the E-ticket !!

Lots of things were not received in time for these shows Paul, including Tickets not being posted out in time. In the last few days before the 1st show, the disorganisers opened a small office up near Speakers’ Corner to dish out tickets to fans who hadn’t received them through the post.I was one of them. Thanks to a succession of screw ups I ended up spending a night under the stars outside the park the night before the show and slept through 2 support acts. I had to bomb them with emails afterwards to refund my postal charges too.

The whole fiasco was the perfect illustration of why you don’t have about 6 different independent companies involved in different aspects of putting on a concert. Proper Left Hand Right Hand stuff.

Unfortunately on every Stones Tour, there’s usually at least 1 balls up concert as far as organisation goes. No Filter Part 1 was not bad, although the crowd and queue management at Paris 1 & 2 were a shambles, largely fixed by Show 3. I’m fairness, it was then a brand new venue. In Barcelona, early queuers for GA and GC were herded around like cattle from one holding pen to another for about an hour before they let us in.

I hope there aren’t any balls up shows on this tour but I’m hearing and reading stuff about Prague and Warsaw which isn’t filling me with confidence. I’m hoping it will be ok as I’m attending both.

Date: March 25, 2018 11:25

I'm also going to both.

Haven't heard of any likely Warsaw horror stories as yet, but certainly the prospects of Prague being a bit of a balls-up due to this use of wristbands is all too real, especially as the organisers themselves have issued a written warning on the actual E-tickets that wristbands might not reach people before a certain date !

Yup, speaking of Hyde Park 2013, I remember the countless phone calls I had to make and emails I had to send, always being promised by someone that this would be sent out and that would be sent out and that it would all reach me by a certain date ... and yet days went by and precisely none of it was happening ! I eventually threatened whomsoever I was talking on one particular occasion with some form of legal action, that finally appeared to wake them up, and lo & behold, a package containing wristbands arrived the day before the first Hyde Park show. But God Almighty, talk about stress (at my end) ......... not to mention total incompetence and lack of professionalism at their end.

Never again thanks very much, can do without that kind of c**p !!

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 25, 2018 12:00

When I bought LD there were no shipping cost for rfi-wristbands. So I think that Lucky Dippers get it as usally at the Lucky Dip Box in Prag.
Don't worry be happy ....

Date: March 25, 2018 12:24

satisfaction2
When I bought LD there were no shipping cost for rfi-wristbands. So I think that Lucky Dippers get it as usally at the Lucky Dip Box in Prag.
Don't worry be happy ....

That would make sense, hope you're right !

Date: March 25, 2018 14:00

paulywaul
I'm also going to both.

Haven't heard of any likely Warsaw horror stories as yet, but certainly the prospects of Prague being a bit of a balls-up due to this use of wristbands is all too real, especially as the organisers themselves have issued a written warning on the actual E-tickets that wristbands might not reach people before a certain date !

Yup, speaking of Hyde Park 2013, I remember the countless phone calls I had to make and emails I had to send, always being promised by someone that this would be sent out and that would be sent out and that it would all reach me by a certain date ... and yet days went by and precisely none of it was happening ! I eventually threatened whomsoever I was talking on one particular occasion with some form of legal action, that finally appeared to wake them up, and lo & behold, a package containing wristbands arrived the day before the first Hyde Park show. But God Almighty, talk about stress (at my end) ......... not to mention total incompetence and lack of professionalism at their end.

Never again thanks very much, can do without that kind of c**p !!

I haven’t heard anything specific about Warsaw although my friend who lives there still hasn’t received his ticket. It was more comments by a few of our Polish posters on here about the general organisation of concerts in Poland - it seems to be quite chaotic. I was in Chorzow 20 years ago but had a seat so was little affected. I’m told by people who were there that the pitch was a shambles that day with sectors such as GA amd Golden Circle Going Out the window. There was a Guns n Roses concert in Gdansk last year where the same seats were sold twice, leading to fights in the crowd.

Date: March 25, 2018 16:31

Fights in the crowd !? Yup, I remember that scenario from a Stones show in Glasgow, that was when the pitch was all seated. Horrible, truly horrible !

A few minutes before the Stones came on, there was a mass invasion of drunk and belligerent a**holes who pushed past security/ushers, and then just squeezed themselves into the various front rows of seats. Apart from really pissing off people who occupied those seats, this resulted in two things mainly: (a) the legitimate ticketholders of the seats ending up standing on the seats, and (b) fights galore.

The problem with (a) was that this had a ripple effect back through the rows. The front rows stood on their seats (because security was overwhelmed and the rows were getting badly filled up with these a**holes), forcing people in the rows behind them to do the same, and it ultimately ended up with a large proportion of the entire front blocks standing on their seats !!

Great bloody news for the poor bastards behind ..........

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 25, 2018 17:34

I remember it well my friend. Couldn’t move anywhere, I was there’s with my girlfriend and there was a guy with his nose broken, bleeding everywhere while trying to snort cocaine up it off his hand. The worst crowd I’ve ever been in.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2018 17:44

flairville
I remember it well my friend. Couldn’t move anywhere, I was there’s with my girlfriend and there was a guy with his nose broken, bleeding everywhere while trying to snort cocaine up it off his hand. The worst crowd I’ve ever been in.
Well, I wasn't going to let a little blood slow down an otherwise good night.
Again, my apologies to those offended...drinking smiley

Date: March 25, 2018 17:54

We might be able to laugh about it now, as we look back on it years later, but if you were there at the time ... you most definitely wouldn't have seen the funny side of it. Cos' there wasn't one !! It was f***ing awful, and for a lot of people, it essentially ruined that particular show for them.

Date: March 25, 2018 18:01

Paul and Flairville, you can only be talking about the ABB show in 2006. I wasn’t there but was at the very next show - in Cardiff. I read very similar accounts of this gig to what you’ve written here,though I didn’t realise it was quite as bad as that. I’m originally from 10 miles down the road in Hamilton. The band played there in 1964. My mum knew some people who went and guess what - there was loads of trouble at that show too, not helped by a forged Tickets scandal and the gig being booked a long time previously when the band were little known and had far outgrown in the interim.

Edinburgh ‘99 was a bit chaotic too - crap security. You could have taken your pet dog into that gig if you’d wanted. Whole floor GA, no pit, no even for early comers. But It was all fine until shortly before showtime, a bunch of coked up total ar**holes charged in and pushed everyone out the way. It would be no shock if it was the same mob involved in Glasgow in 2006. The Edinburgh troublemakers had Western accents, and I later heard that they came from my hometown!

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: March 29, 2018 17:28

LD's back up for Prague and Marseille, does anyone have the Stuttgart link?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 29, 2018 17:42

MisterDDDD
flairville
Well, I wasn't going to let a little blood slow down an otherwise good night.
Again, my apologies to those offended...drinking smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 29, 2018 18:26

twotonguekisses

Berlin LD

[www.eventim.de]

Stuttgart LD

[www.eventim.de]

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 29, 2018 18:39

hooked
twotonguekisses

Berlin LD

[www.eventim.de]

Stuttgart LD

[www.eventim.de]

Are they sold out again?

I don't see where you can get them on those links.

Posted by: HB93NL ()
Date: March 29, 2018 19:17

Anyone with some information how late you can pick up LD for london twickenham? or people with experience how late you picked up yours at previous concerts.

in spielberg last year i could pick them up at 10 but not sure if thats normal.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 29, 2018 22:04

ChrisL
hooked
twotonguekisses

Berlin LD

[www.eventim.de]

Stuttgart LD

[www.eventim.de]

Are they sold out again?

Nothing is available. I just added the Stuttgart (and Berlin) link bc twotonguekisses requested it earlier in the thread. Worth checking occasionally bc sometimes they open up, as evidenced by Lucky Dips dropping earlier today for Prague and Marseille.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-29 22:04 by hooked.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 29, 2018 23:40

Thank you hooked.

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: March 30, 2018 00:42

thanks hooked, by the way the LD link was not lit up on RS.com, I had just checked the two links I had saved and they both were up, thats why I asked for the other link, we should probably have a "data base" thread of all LD links?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2018 01:26

hooked
ChrisL
hooked
twotonguekisses

Berlin LD

[www.eventim.de]

Stuttgart LD

[www.eventim.de]

Are they sold out again?

Nothing is available. I just added the Stuttgart (and Berlin) link bc twotonguekisses requested it earlier in the thread. Worth checking occasionally bc sometimes they open up, as evidenced by Lucky Dips dropping earlier today for Prague and Marseille.

Prague has been available for weeks every time I have checked even though rs site says soldout

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 1, 2018 05:17

You can still get dip's right now!!!!!!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 1, 2018 05:18

for Prague.....

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: April 10, 2018 17:19

ChrisL
we should probably have a "data base" thread of all LD links?

+1
for Marseille I see this link up in this thread but not sure if the official lucky dip page..

Date: April 10, 2018 23:57

mikey C
for Prague.....

Gone again...

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:55

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour PRAHA 2018 (on facebook)

My Question:

Will RFI-wristbands shipped/send for Lucky Dip Tickets or must the wristbands picked up in Prag?

· Antworten · 41 Min.
The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour PRAHA 2018
The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour PRAHA 2018 Lucky Dip Tickets should be picked up in Prag probably, anyway let me check it once again...

· Antworten · 37 Min.
Gerd Baba
Gerd Baba The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour PRAHA 2018
OK - Thx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-12 13:08 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 12, 2018 20:48

grzegorz67
paulywaul

Lots of things were not received in time for these shows Paul, including Tickets not being posted out in time. In the last few days before the 1st show, the disorganisers opened a small office up near Speakers’ Corner to dish out tickets to fans who hadn’t received them through the post.I was one of them. Thanks to a succession of screw ups I ended up spending a night under the stars outside the park the night before the show and slept through 2 support acts. I had to bomb them with emails afterwards to refund my postal charges too.

The whole fiasco was the perfect illustration of why you don’t have about 6 different independent companies involved in different aspects of putting on a concert. Proper Left Hand Right Hand stuff.

Unfortunately on every Stones Tour, there’s usually at least 1 balls up concert as far as organisation goes. No Filter Part 1 was not bad, although the crowd and queue management at Paris 1 & 2 were a shambles, largely fixed by Show 3. I’m fairness, it was then a brand new venue. In Barcelona, early queuers for GA and GC were herded around like cattle from one holding pen to another for about an hour before they let us in.

I hope there aren’t any balls up shows on this tour but I’m hearing and reading stuff about Prague and Warsaw which isn’t filling me with confidence. I’m hoping it will be ok as I’m attending both.

Barcelona was indeed a mess.

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: April 13, 2018 11:51

Does anybody know about the Lucky Dip tickets for London? I did get a mail when I bought the tickets that they will be sent to my adres.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2018 13:55

ddouven
Does anybody know about the Lucky Dip tickets for London? I did get a mail when I bought the tickets that they will be sent to my adres.

The Lucky Dips will be held at the box office, regardless of what the confirmation states or if postage charged etc. The two shows I bought then for also stated they would be mailed ,I waited a few weeks then called AXS to sort out the shipping arrangements for all the tix I bought (switching them to will call in case they don't arrive in time etc) and the Lucky Dips had already been switched.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home