Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:13

stereomanic
With the LDs people are saying to pick up the tickets at the venue? But I've paid for postal delivery when I bought them?

obviously AXS made some mistake – there's no way that LD tickets will be sent neither by mail nor by email. I'm sure we'll get some email by AXS pretty soon stating that LD tickets must be picked up at the venue.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:18

slewan
stereomanic
With the LDs people are saying to pick up the tickets at the venue? But I've paid for postal delivery when I bought them?

obviously AXS made some mistake – there's no way that LD tickets will be sent neither by mail nor by email. I'm sure we'll get some email by AXS pretty soon stating that LD tickets must be picked up at the venue.

Ah right. Makes sense if they dont want people to sell them on. There's gonna be quite a bit of refunding to be done on postage then!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:20

i bought a single LD for edinburgh. i was charged an extra fee in order to pick it up at the box office but it was added without option.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:25

There’s a chance you could end up with a pair of Lucky Dips on the day. They’ve never sold them individually before.

Date: March 3, 2018 12:01

flairville
There’s a chance you could end up with a pair of Lucky Dips on the day. They’ve never sold them individually before.

highly unlikely – there's no such thing as a free meal…

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 14:52

flairville

They did in Barcelona last year and Oslo on 14OF. For Oslo they were frequently available from Norwegian Ticketmaster between General Sale and showday for purchase in singles even though the link on RS.com showed Sold Out. But purchase in pairs was enforced everywhere else as far as I know. I’m lucky dipping all 6 UK shows and Manchester is the only one where I bought a pair, due do it being enforced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 14:54 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 4, 2018 00:10

hockenheim95
I wouldn't say that. They cancelled Pit tickets last year in Paris

People who complained with nicely written letter (a lawyer sometimes helps) got their cancelled order confirmed in the end. You cannot cancel your order if you make a mistake, why would it be one way only?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 4, 2018 00:58

Strike
Just brought to LD for the Berlin show, in the evening my daughter told me that on this day will be her prom.... I have no idea if it`s possible to give them away, but if someone is interested and have an idea how, let me know.
And please no comments about daughters and proms...:-)

Last year, people other than the purchaser were able to pick up lucky dips if they showed a letter of authorization from the purchaser and a copy of the purchase confirmation email.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:08

little queenie
i bought a single LD for edinburgh. i was charged an extra fee in order to pick it up at the box office but it was added without option.

Same here!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:27

GuessWho
CallM
stabilo
hi all can anybody tell me on previous shows are the lucky dips if seated are together

I think you can only but in pairs and if you get seats you are together

I was looking at Edinburgh LD tickets.

It stated that seats, should that be what you get, are not guaranteed to be next to each other.

Surely theyre bound to be. Whats the point of insisting on them being bought in pairs?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:29

Beast
little queenie

Same here!

Bought a single LD for Manchester.
Coming from US, they added a uK mailing fee; sure it will be will call, but with the single price not sure I want to call to try to sort out. cool smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:58

Beast
little queenie

Same here!

Same for Cardiff. Some real inconsistencies around the UK shows.

The 3 London gigs all had an email option which carries no charge, stating that they would be emailed out 3 days before the show, which I picked for all 3. I imagine that means some kind of printable LD certificate with seats/standing tickets still to be allocated on show day because no way are they going to dish out good seats/pits/GC to Lucky Dippers that long before the show when there’s still a chance they could sell these tickets at full price.

As stated, a box office collection charge of £3.50 was enforced for both Cardiff and Edinburgh with no option to remove.

By the time the last of my senses had left me and I decided to go to Manchester too, Sales in pairs only was enforced, and I was charged £2.75 UK postage, which I could not remove. Postage for LDs ??????

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 10:08

I have 2 LD tickets for Stuttgart, are these now 2 pairs (4 cards) or just 2 tickets.
The price is twice as expensive as in the UK

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 10:45

Reus23
I have 2 LD tickets for Stuttgart, are these now 2 pairs (4 cards) or just 2 tickets.

That's 1 pair = two tickets. The price was 68€ per ticket

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 10:47

Reus23

Stuttgart LD:
1 ticket = 66 EUR + fees
2 tickets = 132 EUR + fees + service = Total 138,90

You must have got mail from eventim with link to your invoice!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 10:50 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: March 5, 2018 11:55

Beast
Strike
Just brought to LD for the Berlin show, in the evening my daughter told me that on this day will be her prom.... I have no idea if it`s possible to give them away, but if someone is interested and have an idea how, let me know.
And please no comments about daughters and proms...:-)

Last year, people other than the purchaser were able to pick up lucky dips if they showed a letter of authorization from the purchaser and a copy of the purchase confirmation email.

OK so I´ll try that, thanks for the info.

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:01

satisfaction2
Reus23

Stuttgart LD:
1 ticket = 66 EUR + fees

I have a mail with invoice smiling smiley

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: March 5, 2018 17:56

Let me tell you my strange (too long sorry) story.
I planned to buy 2 LDs for London 25.
I clicked on the appropriate button on RS.com then joined the AXS queue. First, that queue is not really a queue, I was able to click and unclick several things, for nothing because I had to wait for a popup. Not fully clear and very confusing.
Then went the famous popup saying that I can spend less than 5 minutes to buy …
And I reached a page where it was possible to order LDs, and no other category. Strange is that it seemed possible to order only 1 LD, £30, maximum 6 using the « + » button. I was so surprised and I was longer than the authorized time, I was automatically placed in the queue again. Very long time …
So I went back to RS.com and clicked again on the LD button. Again reached the AXS waiting page and 2 minutes after I received the magic popup. That time, only LDs too but no possibility to change the number fixed at 2. That seems normal in fact. I went back to the other page, the first one, and the popup appeared too, and there it was possible to order only one LD for £30. I tried, but I received a « Sorry no tix … », refreshed many many many times but no way. On the other page, the second one, I was able to book a pair, normal.
Not enough, I had to choose the delivery mode !!! For those LDs it’s stupid no ? I clicked on eticket, for free, and received a confirmation email with the « General admission » mention.
Now I am waiting, as confirmation email said, for the email with my tixs, tixs I can only pick up at the venue the show night …
How can that be so confusing ?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 5, 2018 18:17

Reus23
satisfaction2
Reus23

Stuttgart LD:
1 ticket = 66 EUR + fees

I have a mail with invoice smiling smiley

You are lucky! I somehow missed the LDs for Stuttgart.

Do you think they'll be back so I get a 2nd chance??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 5, 2018 18:20

slewan
flairville

highly unlikely – there's no such thing as a free meal…

I'm inclined to think it's highly likely.
Lucky Dips have traditionally come in pre-prepared envelopes w/two in them.
Doubt that when receipt for LD is shown, they will remove one.. but possible.

As I'm traveling solo for the one single I scored (Manchester), thinking it's likely I'll be scrambling to give the extra away. Also have a GA ticket, that I bought primarily because I'll be flying in that day and was concerned about getting to venue on time, much less time to que up for GC etc. When saw that (thanks to a post here) single LD's were being sold, couldn't resist snapping one up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 18:23 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 6, 2018 01:22

Just wondering does the lucky dip ticket have a location printed on it ? ie GA Standing or Section 1 seat 5 etc etc. Or does it just say 'Lucky Dip' or is it just a wristband and not a real ticket on this tour?

Am curious as if I get stuck in the nosebleeds I would like to manoeuvre to somewhere near the stage if possible.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 01:28

kevos
Just wondering does the lucky dip ticket have a location printed on it ? ie GA Standing or Section 1 seat 5 etc etc. Or does it just say 'Lucky Dip' or is it just a wristband and not a real ticket on this tour?

Am curious as if I get stuck in the nosebleeds I would like to manoeuvre to somewhere near the stage if possible.

Yes, you get a ticket and it could be anywhere in the stadium at any price level.

Date: March 6, 2018 13:21

JN99
kevos

Yes, you get a ticket and it could be anywhere in the stadium at any price level.

The only difference between a LD ticket and are regular ticket is that there's not price printed on LD tickets (plus LD tickets don't come a special designed fan tickets like in Germany).
I guess they don't print the price on LD tickets anymore (like they did in 2014) to prevent other people standing/sittingen next to LD ticket holders to see that they payed so much more for the same spot…

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 6, 2018 13:34

What I got in Spielberg....Exactly

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2018 21:58

slewan
stereomanic

I asked AXS about it and they replied:

Hi Topi,

thank you for contacting AXS.

Your tickets will be changed to box office collection closer to the day of the event, and you'll receive an email to confirm this.

You will need to bring the order confirmation along with a photo ID to collect your tickets on the day of the event.

Kind regards,

When do or are Lucky Dip tickets available?
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:54

?

Re: When do or are Lucky Dip tickets available?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 4, 2018 14:02

They were already available during the General Sale on 2-Mar-2018: [www.RollingStones.com] .

LD-Tickets Berlin: [iorr.org] , Stuttgart: [iorr.org] .

But they're currently not available. Maybe later on again ....

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 4, 2018 14:06

I wouldn’t plan on it. Once they’re sold out, that’s it. Stones can’t make big money that way!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 4, 2018 14:20

I guess it depends how many tickets are left unsold. There was the last minute rush of cheap tickets for Paris in October which even included pit tickets for the "lucky dip price" (as printed on them). It is very likely that there will tickets available.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 4, 2018 16:10

glmmr_twn
I wouldn’t plan on it. Once they’re sold out, that’s it. Stones can’t make big money that way!

Yes they can and they will. They're guaranteed a certain amount.

If the other categories arent sold out, the promoters will want to shift unsold tickets. Far better shifting 2000 unsold tickets for £30 than being unable to get rid of them because theyre priced at £100 or £200.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home