Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 15, 2018 11:19

it is all too easy again…

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 15, 2018 11:20

Got my LDs for Coventry!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 15, 2018 11:24

LD for Coventry to go with my GA for London 1 and seats for Manchester

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 11:24

syrel
grzegorz67
Got both very very quickly and easily. I’ve now scored Lucky Dips for all 8 UK shows as hoped for + Prague. Just Dublin left to get now (if it happens)

I'll be very interested to hear how your entire allocation turns out!
I have 5 sets of LDs. Bought a couple of pits too as don't want to take the risk of none on the tour.

I’ll report back winking smiley . The only show I’m not LDing is Warsaw where I have Gold Standing. At least I know I have a chance of a decent spot on the final night of the tour.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: March 15, 2018 11:55

Got lucky dip to to coventry and southampton. I have all the shows except stuttgart and berlin and looking to make a trade for those.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: March 15, 2018 12:05

Managed to get Lucky Dips for Southamton and Coventry, added to Cardiff seated with the family - the Radar family are set for the stones. As patient as I am I can't wait !!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 12:39

bengigan
Got lucky dip to to coventry and southampton. I have all the shows except stuttgart and berlin and looking to make a trade for those.

Hi Ben,
I have a spare Lucky Dip for Stuttgart. We already met in Düsseldorf last year with Markus at the Lucky Dip Counter! You can contact me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 13:37 by henrik87.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 12:59

Anyone got a spare LD for 2nd london stadium date please

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: March 15, 2018 13:24

So I’ve just bought 2 lots of Lucky Dip tickets for Southampton. Basically for my Dad and myself and a friend + one. Does anyone know how anal they are over Lucky Dips I bought them as 2 separate purchases but on my card. We’re fine with being split up, but does anyone think I’ll experience any problems when collecting my tickets?

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 15, 2018 13:45

Nasty Habits
So I’ve just bought 2 lots of Lucky Dip tickets for Southampton. Basically for my Dad and myself and a friend + one. Does anyone know how anal they are over Lucky Dips I bought them as 2 separate purchases but on my card. We’re fine with being split up, but does anyone think I’ll experience any problems when collecting my tickets?

You'll be fine. A friend of mine did EXACTLY the same as you've just done for Amsterdam on 30 September last year. She was freaking out at the thought of them being completely anal about it, but it turned out that they didn't give a s**t, when she went to pick them up - she got handed ONE envelope with all FOUR tickets in it !!

So much for 'two per person' permitted !!

A load of nonsense. The poorly paid staff manning the collection booth on the day don't even KNOW the rules, let alone give a s**t about 'enforcing' them !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 15, 2018 14:28

paulywaul
Nasty Habits

You'll be fine. A friend of mine did EXACTLY the same as you've just done for Amsterdam on 30 September last year. She was freaking out at the thought of them being completely anal about it, but it turned out that they didn't give a s**t, when she went to pick them up - she got handed ONE envelope with all FOUR tickets in it !!

So much for 'two per person' permitted !!

A load of nonsense. The poorly paid staff manning the collection booth on the day don't even KNOW the rules, let alone give a s**t about 'enforcing' them !!

at least in Germany last year they checked IDs etc very carefully and ticked their list.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 15, 2018 15:22

how this thing with LD tickets,after online purchase, actually work in real life ?

i guess, at the venue ,where concerts is, there is some checkpoint with Lucky Dip tickets sign,
so people with LD printed tickets show up, and then get REAL tickets ...

right ?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 15:24

novica
how this thing with LD tickets,after online purchase, actually work in real life ?

i guess, at the venue ,where concerts is, there is some checkpoint with Lucky Dip tickets sign,

right ?

You don't have a printed ticket. You go there with your Credit Card and your ID and you will get your ticket at the LD desk. Further information will be send to you a few days before the show. Then you get your tickets and at some venues you can stay outside, at some others you have to go straight inside the venue.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 15, 2018 15:26

hockenheim95
novica

right ?

You don't have a printed ticket. You go there with your Credit Card and your ID and you will get your ticket at the LD desk. Further information will be send to you a few days before the show. Then you get your tickets and at some venues you can stay outside, at some others you have to go straight inside the venue.

In Paris it came in handy with the Lucky Dips to have a printed confirmation of your order. Otherwise the security wouldn't let you queue with the Lucky Dips. The great plus is that there is often a special LD queue that is a lot shorter and you get quicker into the venue. What a thrill!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 15, 2018 15:28

"You don't have a printed ticket..."
i meant on downloaded paper of the e-ticket, not the LD ticket itself...
sorry...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2018 17:25

schwonek
hockenheim95
novica

right ?

In Paris it came in handy with the Lucky Dips to have a printed confirmation of your order. Otherwise the security wouldn't let you queue with the Lucky Dips. The great plus is that there is often a special LD queue that is a lot shorter and you get quicker into the venue. What a thrill!

Yeah for Paris 2017/II it was pretty impressive how helpful it was to have an LD. The queue was absolutely hectic when we arrived, people absolutely everywhere. Undeterred I led the way across dozens of lines to the famous "red desk" and we got to the closest queue that was for an undetermined line (some sort of VIPs ?) where nothing was moving so they proceeded to separate women from men to speed up the search process. I explained that we had to stay together for the LD and one of the guards was like "oh you're LD, come right this way sir" as he opened several gates to let us get to the desk. Real VIP treatment, hehe...

Unfortunately when I was given the (unopened) envelope I saw immediately it was GA so after briefly trying to negotiate another one (she said she didn't know what was inside, well I could !) and thanks to grzegorz67's tips from Paris I we just went straight in by walking along the building and got a super spot in GA just behind GC. So to cut a long story short LD probably saved us a good 2 hours of queuing up !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 15, 2018 22:20

It’ll be my first time lucky dipping at Coventry - v basic question, what sort of time can you pick the tickets up at generally apeaking on the day? Mid afternoon?

Date: March 15, 2018 23:08

schwonek

Oh boy do i remember this. I didn't have LD for paris, but I was trying to meet the person who already had my VIP who was in line, but the security wouldn't even let me into that area because i didn't have a ticket! Such a paradox.

Then there was the story of people who had pit tickets in paris, and the security didn't even let them into the pit because the ticket said 'No Filter Pit'. They thought it meant 'no, not a filter pit ticket'. Idiots.

Date: March 15, 2018 23:09

yorkshirestone
It’ll be my first time lucky dipping at Coventry - v basic question, what sort of time can you pick the tickets up at generally apeaking on the day? Mid afternoon?

I would go as early as 3:30 or 4 on show day. It was usually open between 5-6

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 23:10

yorkshirestone

When the place opens up. In theory, you’re supposed to enter immediately to stop people flogging in their tickets but whether it’s enforced or not varies from venue to venue. If you get a standing ticket, it’s very handy as you usually get to enter immediately and don’t have to join the back of the queue for whatever section you’ve been allocated. I got GA for the 1st 2 Paris shows last year, and it proved to be excellent.

Date: March 15, 2018 23:18

grzegorz67
When the place opens up. In theory, you’re supposed to enter immediately to stop people flogging in their tickets but whether it’s enforced or not varies from venue to venue. If you get a standing ticket, it’s very handy as you usually get to enter immediately and don’t have to join the back of the queue for whatever section you’ve been allocated. I got GA for the 1st 2 Paris shows last year, and it proved to be excellent.

On the whole fall tour there was no forced entry from my memory. Every venue is different not only in how they decide to give the ticket, but also in the security/entry design. Munich everyone queued outside the main gates together, and then inside you make your way to the right section. In Amsterdam there were different gates outside depending what type of seat you had

Date: March 16, 2018 00:51

bengigan
yorkshirestone

I would go as early as 3:30 or 4 on show day. It was usually open between 5-6
thanks!

Date: March 16, 2018 00:51

grzegorz67
yorkshirestone

cheers!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 12:09

I now have Lucky Dips for Cardiff, London Twick, Berlin and Marseilles.

I'm going to have to figure out how to afford this. smiling smiley

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 16, 2018 12:10

Practice run for Dip's Dublin...Regarding French show clicked and reclicked about 10 times then hit validate it worked fairly fast...then I let them go....Good luck everyone ....

Date: March 16, 2018 12:58

yorkshirestone

Yes but you'll get an email before the show giving you times and instructions.

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: March 17, 2018 18:41

Hi all I have ld for Coventry but haven’t received my conformation
Email yet and the money is still pending in my bank sure it’s all ok but was wondering if anybody else is the same
Cheers

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: March 17, 2018 18:44

stabilo
Hi all I have ld for Coventry but haven’t received my conformation
Email yet and the money is still pending in my bank sure it’s all ok but was wondering if anybody else is the same
Cheers

I received my confirmation email for Lucky dip coventry and my money was withdrawn.

Date: March 17, 2018 19:25

Got my confirmation a few minutes after purchase. Maybe check your spam/junk box?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 19:25 by Beast.

Date: March 20, 2018 01:02

1. Does anyone have a spare Berlin LD? I have tickets to all the shows except Berlin. I can either buy it or trade one of my other LD spares.

2. @ anyone who bought Marseille LD, do you see the charges on your card? I have received the order #, but still no charges to my card 3 days later. It doesn't even show up in pending charges

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home