Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 38
Will there be any more Lucky Dip?
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: March 16, 2018 14:34

Help

Re: Will there be any more Lucky Dip?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 14:47

guyrachel
Help

Only for the 1 show not yet on sale i.e. Dublin (if it happens).

Typically, once the small Lucky Dip allocation is sold out there are are no more sales of them except very occasionally in the last few days before the show as happened before one of the Paris shows last October. But that's the exception and very unusual.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 16, 2018 15:25

Depends on ticket sales. If they want to move more tickets at low price, they will release additional Lucky Dips closer to show date. With sold out shows not much chance for that.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 16, 2018 15:28

I guess there may be some LDs later on.

Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 21, 2018 07:10

Beast
Strike
Just brought to LD for the Berlin show, in the evening my daughter told me that on this day will be her prom.... I have no idea if it`s possible to give them away, but if someone is interested and have an idea how, let me know.
And please no comments about daughters and proms...:-)

Last year, people other than the purchaser were able to pick up lucky dips if they showed a letter of authorization from the purchaser and a copy of the purchase confirmation email.

Is this rather sure?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 10:47

Stoneswolf
Beast
Strike
Just brought to LD for the Berlin show, in the evening my daughter told me that on this day will be her prom.... I have no idea if it`s possible to give them away, but if someone is interested and have an idea how, let me know.

Last year, people other than the purchaser were able to pick up lucky dips if they showed a letter of authorization from the purchaser and a copy of the purchase confirmation email.

Is this rather sure?

It depends on the local promoter. In Austria it was possible! In Switzerland you even had to bring a second person to the desk. I would call the local promoter some days before the concert.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 14:30

hockenheim95
Stoneswolf
Beast
Strike

Is this rather sure?

It depends on the local promoter. In Austria it was possible! In Switzerland you even had to bring a second person to the desk. I would call the local promoter some days before the concert.

In Düsseldorf 2017 it was Not possible.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 21, 2018 15:05

stabilo
Hi all I have ld for Coventry but haven’t received my conformation
Email yet and the money is still pending in my bank sure it’s all ok but was wondering if anybody else is the same
Cheers

I have a spare for Coventry (face value) if you have problems with your order.
steveh1412@aol.co.uk

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:02

stabilo
Hi all I have ld for Coventry but haven’t received my conformation
Email yet and the money is still pending in my bank sure it’s all ok but was wondering if anybody else is the same
Cheers

Pls have a look at your SPAM-FOLDER?

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: March 22, 2018 23:19

Hi thanks for the kind offer but my email has come through now

Date: March 22, 2018 23:21

Thanks for the help but I had never received it I’ve got it now

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 23, 2018 11:19

LD Link for Dublin [www.ticketmaster.ie]

Date: March 23, 2018 11:21

€61.50 per LD ticket in Dublin incl all charges.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 23, 2018 12:11

now I have LD tickets for five shows – this should get me into the pit at least once…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 23, 2018 12:15

Slewan, same plan here =)

Date: March 23, 2018 12:25

grzegorz67

makes me thing more and more the cheap UK prices were a mistake.. LOL

Date: March 23, 2018 12:28

PaintMonkeyManBlack - I was thinking exactly the same!

Date: March 23, 2018 12:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67

makes me thing more and more the cheap UK prices were a mistake.. LOL

Well if so, it was a 'good' mistake grinning smiley. I've got LDs for all 8. I've even given my spare for Coventry to my sister for free and she's going to put me up for the weekend (Nottingham)and drive us to the show thumbs up

Date: March 23, 2018 15:08

I was thinking I’d bought two pairs looking at the price because they were double the uk prices

Lucky Dip Tickets to multiply the chances of good tickets
Date: March 23, 2018 13:23

Hello,

for me this topic is very important and I hope you don't mind if I start a new thread with it. I often read here in IORR that some people buy multiple LD tickets on purpose to multiply the chances of a good spot at a concert. It was very easy to grab LD tickets at every show this year. You had at least 20 minutes of time before they were sold out. So I think these people didn't take away the chance of the other IORR members.

Myself, I bought too many LD pairs for Edinburgh because I simply didn't think they would be sold with the General Sale because they were announced in advance on the last tours. So we bought too many. Now for me it is the same. I don't want to sell the LD pairs sealed to anyone else. I might give pit tickets away and end in the upper level. That would disappoint me. But you can't sell the "worse" tickets here on IORR either because nobody wants them here.

So what to do with these? I don't think that anybody should let them expire. These are, especially in the UK, some of the cheapest Stones tickets that were sold in the last 20 years. I sold them on Facebook and there are so many people who are happy that they could attend a Rolling Stones Concert for 35 Pounds. When they tried to buy tickets they saw tickets for 120 Pounds or even more. So this is a bargain and a real opportunity for so many people. So please consider this and don't let any LD tickets expire. Make some strangers happy and give it to them at Face Value! The LD tickets are a present from the Stones for the fans. We shouldn't forget that!

Jan

Re: Lucky Dip Tickets to multiply the chances of good tickets
Date: March 23, 2018 13:47

on the other hand: by ordering multiple LDs for a show you run the risk that your order will be cancelled since they might think you're trying to resell them

Date: March 23, 2018 13:57

A friend of mine ordered 4 LD tickets (that was possible in the first minutes; so this is a fault of Ticketmaster) while I ordered the LD tickets on multiple persons. So every credit card was only used once. I think this is the same what other people did. Especially if you are a couple - both can order a pair. And that is what many people do.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 23, 2018 14:10

You have to collect the tickets in person on showday, after that you can possibly resell the tickets

Date: March 23, 2018 14:17

spunky
You have to collect the tickets in person on showday, after that you can possibly resell the tickets

or you can sell them on IORR/Facebook etc and go with the buyer to the ticket office. They are your partner and then swap the tickets.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 23, 2018 14:31

Think it's a bit off to be honest. Lessens the chances of actual fans being able to afford more tickets for more shows (unless the plan is to sell spare ones at face value to genuine fans at the venue that aren't being used - but how do you know if that's actually happening?). Personally I hope they cancel them for anyone who bought more than a pair, or bought any alongside regular tickets

Date: March 23, 2018 14:34

All in the game winking smiley

Date: March 23, 2018 14:41

yorkshirestone
Think it's a bit off to be honest. Lessens the chances of actual fans being able to afford more tickets for more shows (unless the plan is to sell spare ones at face value to genuine fans at the venue that aren't being used - but how do you know if that's actually happening?). Personally I hope they cancel them for anyone who bought more than a pair, or bought any alongside regular tickets

I bought singles for 3 shows (London 1 & 2 + Cardiff), a triple for Twickenham (sold to friends who are fans for face) and pairs for another 5 (Southampton, Coventry,Manchester, Edinburgh & Prague).

It will be interesting to see how they deal with buyers of a number other than 2 as was possible in the UK for the 1st 45 minutes or so after going on sale. My friend and his son who'll join me for Twickenham bought 4 for London 2.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 23, 2018 15:26

They can't do anything except honour the contract entered into with the purchaser at the time of purchase.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 23, 2018 15:54

Sounds like it might be a hassle to accompany all your buyers to the booth and then handle out the tickets. Not to mention possibly being spotted for buying multiple pairs when only one was allowed.

If you pull GAs (or GCs) you'll be wasting time doing that instead of getting the best possible spot, one of the perks (other than the price) of LDs, at least in 2017 where it was basically an early entry GA.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 23, 2018 16:11

Beast
They can't do anything except honour the contract entered into with the purchaser at the time of purchase.

sure. But the best advice is to bring as much documents as possible with you: ID, credit card, printed emails and your credit card balance sheet to proof that you payed for your tickets

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home