Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: Arnhem The Netherlands 15-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:19

jackflash27
georgie48
Koen
I read a few pages back that some folks were fighting over that T shirt.

Don't worry Koen, my daughter was initially competing with six men (!). I started to help her en soon four decided to quit. Then during two songs (really!), it was father and son against daughter and son. My daughter came out as the winner, but today I sent the loosing son some quite interesting Stones memorabilia (not the T-shirt though cool smiley ) to compensate somewhat for the disappointment.
All is well, the T-shirt is in no way smelly (Mick had a black one underneath) and surprising in good shape considering the original seven pulling people grinning smiley
My, honest, first thought was, when I saw Mick throwing the shirt, "Mick, what are you doing?" (I saw some terrible scenes a few decades ago), but here you are, now its a great Arnhem memory within the family.

Sorry, I think this is a bit sad. Competing during 2 songs??? For a shirt? Man, you must be desperate.

Desperate? No way! My daughter actually powerfully danced on the songs looking at the stage holding on to the shirt and the energetic dancing even helped her toward the eventual "victory". Since I was also facing the stage I could witness the confusion among the band members. Maybe they were distracted by my daughter's strange dancing (joke).

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:23

georgie48
jackflash27
georgie48
Koen

Don't worry Koen, my daughter was initially competing with six men (!). I started to help her en soon four decided to quit. Then during two songs (really!), it was father and son against daughter and son. My daughter came out as the winner, but today I sent the loosing son some quite interesting Stones memorabilia (not the T-shirt though cool smiley ) to compensate somewhat for the disappointment.
All is well, the T-shirt is in no way smelly (Mick had a black one underneath) and surprising in good shape considering the original seven pulling people grinning smiley
My, honest, first thought was, when I saw Mick throwing the shirt, "Mick, what are you doing?" (I saw some terrible scenes a few decades ago), but here you are, now its a great Arnhem memory within the family.

Sorry, I think this is a bit sad. Competing during 2 songs??? For a shirt? Man, you must be desperate.

Desperate? No way! My daughter actually powerfully danced on the songs looking at the stage holding on to the shirt and the energetic dancing even helped her toward the eventual "victory". Since I was also facing the stage I could witness the confusion among the band members. Maybe they were distracted by my daughter's strange dancing (joke).

i saw you discussing with the competitors afterward. Did you come to a friendly deal? I have some pics of the ca. half hour struggle winking smiley

Date: October 17, 2017 20:30

shattered1978
georgie48
jackflash27
georgie48
Koen

i saw you discussing with the competitors afterward. Did you come to a friendly deal? I have some pics of the ca. half hour struggle winking smiley

Well, you did see it well! As a matter of fact after the concert I promissed the son, that I would send him some interesting Stones related stuff if he would forward his address. Yesterday his dad (also in the competition) sent me the address and this morning I did send a package to Germany as some consolation for the disappointment.

Maybe you can place one or two images on IORR. We're fine with it.

Date: October 17, 2017 21:52

georgie48
shattered1978
georgie48
jackflash27
georgie48
Koen

Well, you did see it well! As a matter of fact after the concert I promissed the son, that I would send him some interesting Stones related stuff if he would forward his address. Yesterday his dad (also in the competition) sent me the address and this morning I did send a package to Germany as some consolation for the disappointment.

That is a very friendly gesture. Enjoy the shirt!!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 22:36

At the end of satisfaction, 2.20 min 'brothers in arms'.

[youtu.be]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 22:53

Niek

[youtu.be]

Thanks for that. I’m still a sucker for seeing them share their lifelong success.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 17, 2017 23:13

Niek

[youtu.be]

Love Is Strong.....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 18, 2017 00:35

Maindefender
Niek

[youtu.be]

Love Is Strong.....>grinning smiley<

That was lovely , they instinctively wanted to join together at the same time.
Keith initiated and Mick reciprocated, those are the subtle moments of respect that i love to watch between the glimmer twins. Irrespectively of their earthly differences, they have a love for each other that will never end.

Date: October 18, 2017 00:51

[www.youtube.com]

Oh man where did Keith find those notes from 6.05 to 6.10, that was sent from another dimension. smiling smiley Its just raw emotion.

I don't care what any one says about Keith, that second solo on Slipping Away was utopia for me, beyond anything presented in the entire tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 00:58 by stone4ever.

Date: October 18, 2017 01:09

shattered1978
georgie48
shattered1978
georgie48
jackflash27
georgie48
Koen

May be Mick would throw more often a shirt into the crowd, if there wouldn´t be such ridiculous competitions or fights to get it (missing two songs in the meantime) - but indeed, a nice gesture of you....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 03:00 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 18, 2017 01:41

georgie48
stone4ever
Just to put the record straight, when Keith starts songs like SMU and JJF with a loud opening chord and then a pause, and then he starts the intro properly, IT IS NOT A MISTAKE. He is doing it on purpose. I love it , it brings the crowd on and its exciting. All this BS that Keith was starting Brown Sugar instead of SMU is rubbish.

Sure he messed up BS and that could so easily have been a restart, but come on one mistake all night, big deal.

Watching Keith and the rest of them enjoy their music puts shivers down my spine, just as Keith's first solo on SFTD and second solo on Slipping Away was also spine chillingly good.

I could put the first 20 seconds of SMU in a loop and listen to it for hours lol.
Power chords and so loud , genius. And people call this a mistake.confused smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Only thing that worries me a bit is that Ronnie doesn't seem so well as when he started this tour. Looks a bit tired, less energetic and his playing is not so strong.

Mistakes can indeed be real fun! I remember a recording of a concert in the USA in 1972 with the start of Midnight Rambler. Keith's mind was in higher spirits and apparently he fell of the stage. Mick (blues harp) and Charlie had started the song and were waiting for Keith to start his part. No Keith. And then suddenly, yes Keith started, but only for a short moment which was then followed again by silence, while Mick and Charlie bravely continued. That silence was Keith falling, struggling to get back on, wondering what happened and then, yes he finally getting into his groove. No video, just imagination. It made me laugh my balls off.
By th way Lox, great pics, I must have been almost behind you ... and my daughter was the lucky one to get Mick's T-Shirt after some, peaceful but solid wrestling smileys with beer
I saw the Amsterdam concert, and I and those close to me were all impressed by Ronnie. This does not mean that Ronnie makes no mistakes but was very present and above all did not pretend to play.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 18, 2017 02:34

Great version of She's so Cold :

Posted by: Janneman ()
Date: October 18, 2017 03:24

Sympathy For The Devil, filmed from the Ronnie's side pit:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: October 18, 2017 04:41

Koen
Jagger sings a part of a song by Dutch singer Frans Bauer...

[www.instagram.com]

smoking smiley

I cannot stop watching this...smiling smiley

Date: October 18, 2017 05:48

stone4ever
[www.youtube.com]

Oh man where did Keith find those notes from 6.05 to 6.10, that was sent from another dimension. smiling smiley Its just raw emotion.

I don't care what any one says about Keith, that second solo on Slipping Away was utopia for me, beyond anything presented in the entire tour.

thumbs up

Date: October 18, 2017 10:12

Well, Keith did HTW solo very well!

[youtu.be]

Date: October 18, 2017 10:27

stone4ever
[www.youtube.com]

Top notch stuff. Compare the Slipping Away Keith is doing now to the one he did earlier, for instance in Dubai smiling smiley These versions are excellent, and I'm sure it'll be really heartfelt and strong in Paris as well, Riffie!

Date: October 18, 2017 10:28

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
[www.youtube.com]

Top notch stuff. Compare the Slipping Away Keith is doing now to the one he did earlier, for instance in Dubai smiling smiley These versions are excellent, and I'm sure it'll be really heartfelt and strong in Paris as well, Riffie!

thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2017 11:35

Many reports and pictures published here now:

[iorr.org]

The pictures are taken by many fans, not just me. I did the first two, Mick Throwing water and Keith walking up front. Final bow is made by Hendrik Mulder. Mick Acoustic with Keith is by Roderick Keur. Ronnie on Happy is made by Wilco Schepen. The drumstick photo - please read the whole story...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 12:40 by bv.

Date: October 18, 2017 12:09

thumbs up Fantastic pictures BV, these have to be some of the best i have ever seen of the Stones together, on this tour particularly. smileys with beer
Much appreciated.
Do you mind me asking what camera you use.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2017 12:39

stone4ever
thumbs up Fantastic pictures BV, these have to be some of the best i have ever seen of the Stones together, on this tour particularly. smileys with beer
Much appreciated.
Do you mind me asking what camera you use.

The pictures are taken by many fans, not just me. I did the first two, Mick Throwing water and Keith walking up front. Final bow is made by Hendrik Mulder. Mick Acoustic with Keith is by Roderick Keur. Ronnie on Happy is made by Wilco Schepen. The drumstick photo - please read the whole story...

This is about my camera:

Finding a new camera in Sao Paulo
[stoneslife.org]

Bjornulf

Date: October 18, 2017 12:59

Thanks BV , interesting and some good tips there. The new Sony 30 X zoom sounds great for almost everything. That will do for me thumbs up
I will keep this information, shutter speed etc. Cheers smileys with beer

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: October 19, 2017 01:33

Just Your Fool

My video of Just Your Fool

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2017 01:42

dimrstone
Just Your Fool

My video of Just Your Fool

Nice! thumbs up

Date: October 20, 2017 00:01

ThroughTheLonelyNights
shattered1978
georgie48
shattered1978
georgie48
jackflash27
georgie48
Koen

May be Mick would throw more often a shirt into the crowd, if there wouldn´t be such ridiculous competitions or fights to get it (missing two songs in the meantime) - but indeed, a nice gesture of you....

I agree with you, but this is real life. I remember very clearly, that Mick threw a white, blanco shirt into the audience on the last concert (Rotterdam) of the 1995 tour. It landed right in front and possibly five man ripped the shirt totally apart with extreme violence! Although some called the Arnhem T-shirt event a fight, I can assure you that all involved (six to start with) behaved civilized, which to me is: no aggression, but off course determined (who doesn't want to "win" a "game"), no angry or ugly faces, even smiles. And also, in all honesty, as a decades long visitor of Stones concerts, my initial thought at the moment he threw the shirt was "Mick, what are you doing?", only seconds later noticing that my own daughter was involved. Again, that's life smileys with beer

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:23

latcho

Very Nice pic!!!

Thanks!!!

Date: October 20, 2017 10:30

shattered1978
Irix
Arnhem Merch:

"In honor of their show date in Arnhem on October 15, 2017, the series is inspired by the math of graphic arts, explored around the 1960s in Netherlands. The movement focused on drawing elements from nature, and architecture, while creating anti-symmetry. The artists involved with this movement inspired a special way of thinking and have had a continuous influence in mathematics and art, as well as in popular culture."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

that is a complicated way to avoid mentioning.C. Escher, who lived for a brief time in Arnhem.

Hello Shattered1978,
Maybe you know already, but just in case. Mick, a big admirer of him, once in 1989, approached Escher for a design for the Steel Wheels album. However, Escher declined sadly. History goes a long, long way winking smiley

Date: October 20, 2017 11:07

georgie48
shattered1978
Irix
Arnhem Merch:

"In honor of their show date in Arnhem on October 15, 2017, the series is inspired by the math of graphic arts, explored around the 1960s in Netherlands. The movement focused on drawing elements from nature, and architecture, while creating anti-symmetry. The artists involved with this movement inspired a special way of thinking and have had a continuous influence in mathematics and art, as well as in popular culture."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

that is a complicated way to avoid mentioning.C. Escher, who lived for a brief time in Arnhem.

Hello Shattered1978,
Maybe you know already, but just in case. Mick, a big admirer of him, once in 1989, approached Escher for a design for the Steel Wheels album. However, Escher declined sadly. History goes a long, long way winking smiley

That was in the 1960s. Escher passed away in 1972.
Here is a story about it:

[mentalfloss.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:09

M.C. Escher died in 1972 georgie48.

Here's the story of Mick contacting Escher:

How Mick Jagger Got Dissed By M.C. Escher

Date: October 21, 2017 16:36

Hairball
M.C. Escher died in 1972 georgie48.

Here's the story of Mick contacting Escher:

How Mick Jagger Got Dissed By M.C. Escher

Thanks Hairball! I'm puzzled how things got messed up in my head. I'm going to search how the "Steel Wheels" part ended up in my mind. I actually "remember" seeing a copy of Escher's answer. Maybe one of those "happy" dreams confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home