Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: Lucca Italy 23-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 25, 2017 17:23

@Blockbuster,
what you say comes in addition and, for me at least, holds anyway. The percussion track of SFTD starts the show for quite a while now, so why not let the song follow rightaway. Seems to me those two points support each other.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 25, 2017 18:29

Short video on Keith's Twitter:

"What a great night! #StonesLucca #StonesNoFilter"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 25, 2017 19:00

Lucca was very good.just mailed my report to Bv.
Jeroen

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: September 25, 2017 20:48

I'm afraid my experience of Lucca wasn't great. My wife and I had Lucky Dip and ended up in Prato B - was so full where we were that we couldn't move. Normally it's busy in the middle but there's a bit of room on the side but this was just packed. My wife couldn't even see the video screens properly so we ended up watching on the road alongside the field - not ideal. Didn't help that we had a few idiots by us and there was a lot of pushing and shoving. Shame really as this was the only one she came to with me - she's more of a casual fan so I went to Spielberg and Zurich gigs on my own. I'll just have to talk her into the UK gigs next year....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 23:52

Welsh Stone
I'm afraid my experience of Lucca wasn't great. My wife and I had Lucky Dip and ended up in Prato B - was so full where we were that we couldn't move. Normally it's busy in the middle but there's a bit of room on the side but this was just packed. My wife couldn't even see the video screens properly so we ended up watching on the road alongside the field - not ideal. Didn't help that we had a few idiots by us and there was a lot of pushing and shoving. Shame really as this was the only one she came to with me - she's more of a casual fan so I went to Spielberg and Zurich gigs on my own. I'll just have to talk her into the UK gigs next year....

Sorry to read this.

I am going with my wife to Amsterdam, but she has been to a few stones concerts thou.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 26, 2017 00:06

TheBlockbuster
Sympathy is the perfect opener right now. Start Me Up and Jumping Jack Flash are worn out as openers.

Sympathy builds up the tension in the crowd and the lowlight of the show (Keith's solo) is done and over with so the band can move on to better things.

Those three songs are not the only options and there is absolutely no tension building up, I'm afraid.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 26, 2017 01:56

Judging from youtube videos, Sympathy seems like a great opener.
i have always thougth that the studio version has been superior to live versions.

That said i still enjoy the song very much live and what comes to Keiths solos, i have nothing bad to say about it, i enjoy it as it is. Some are sharper than others, but i like my stones raunchy anyways. It dosent bother me as Symphatys solo has always had a more loose feeling to it.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 26, 2017 04:03

DandelionPowderman
erad
DandelionPowderman
GJB
"but i think Keith is playing in a way people aren't ready for or understand yet."

I love the rolling stones, and I love Keith, and every part of me wishes this was true and that in 30 years we will all look back and go "yeah those last few years he played, he was really ahead of his time"

But the truth is an out of tune is exactly that, just an out of tune solo.

Saying that I agree with the rest of your thoughts stone4ever... I think when Keith concentrates on rhythm, ronnie hits the solo, and Mick is being Mick they still have it smiling smiley

I think his guitar is perfectly tuned. However, sometimes he plays out of key. he always has done that – particularly after 1966.

Come on man...

The bum notes, out of key 'solos' and just generally not being able to play parts he used to be able to play in his sleep is so much more prevalent now. It's okay to admit that, the man is 74 years old with terrible arthritis and a head injury.

I just listened to a bit of Sympathy from this latest show, the 'solo' is practically unlistenable. It's sad.

That's probably what's colouring your attitude, perhaps?

And there are two solos in SFTD, not one..

I've heard the song so many times, especially the version they have been playing since 1989 that I can skip through to the 'solos', I was a bit pressed for time as well. They are completely disjointed and don't go anywhere.

Even the chord Keith hits at the beginning when the guitars first come in almost sounds out of tune/key these days.

I'm aware he's made mistakes throughout his career live, but not to the extent that they are now. He's starting to go down the Chuck Berry road.

If anyone wants to have a slight at my fandom because of my opinion on the current state of Keith's playing, that's fine. People have their opinions. However, you have blinkers on if you think that his playing hasn't severely deteriorated in the past 18 or so years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2017 04:26

odean73
Welsh Stone

Sorry to read this.

I am going with my wife to Amsterdam, but she has been to a few stones concerts thou.

Yes sorry to read that Welsh Stone. My wife can't handle standing concerts anymore due to having screws in her ankle from an injury - and that includes being on the floor for many seated shows where everyone stands anyways. So if there's a show that she really wants to see, I make sure to get tickets on the side sections a few rows up from floor/ground level and in the best case scenario about a third of the way back from the stage. The benches in Pedan A or Pedana B in Lucca might have been optimum, but not sure what the prices were for those seats. The last time I took her to a GA standing show was the Stones at Nijmegen, 2007 - we both had a great time drinking weak Dutch beer in tiny plastic cups and dancing around on the soggy grass.

Hope the Stones confirm shows for the UK, and hope you can convince your wife to go with you. If there's any arenas or outdoor stadiums might want to think about side seating to give her the best experience of actually seeing the band. thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 26, 2017 08:24

odean73
Welsh Stone

Sorry to read this.

sorry to hear that, and i am afraid you were not the only one.. This article tells similar story for prato b "I spent 100 euros and could not see nothing"

[corrierefiorentino.corriere.it]

in short some comments by fans criticise the organization: too few restrooms, no wardrobe but there was a ban for bags bigger than a pocket, the parterre lowe than the stage so people could not see nothing

Date: September 26, 2017 10:12

erad
DandelionPowderman
erad
DandelionPowderman
GJB
"but i think Keith is playing in a way people aren't ready for or understand yet."

I love the rolling stones, and I love Keith, and every part of me wishes this was true and that in 30 years we will all look back and go "yeah those last few years he played, he was really ahead of his time"

Saying that I agree with the rest of your thoughts stone4ever... I think when Keith concentrates on rhythm, ronnie hits the solo, and Mick is being Mick they still have it smiling smiley

I think his guitar is perfectly tuned. However, sometimes he plays out of key. he always has done that – particularly after 1966.

Come on man...

The bum notes, out of key 'solos' and just generally not being able to play parts he used to be able to play in his sleep is so much more prevalent now. It's okay to admit that, the man is 74 years old with terrible arthritis and a head injury.

I just listened to a bit of Sympathy from this latest show, the 'solo' is practically unlistenable. It's sad.

I've heard the song so many times, especially the version they have been playing since 1989 that I can skip through to the 'solos', I was a bit pressed for time as well. They are completely disjointed and don't go anywhere.

Even the chord Keith hits at the beginning when the guitars first come in almost sounds out of tune/key these days.

I'm aware he's made mistakes throughout his career live, but not to the extent that they are now. He's starting to go down the Chuck Berry road.

If anyone wants to have a slight at my fandom because of my opinion on the current state of Keith's playing, that's fine. People have their opinions. However, you have blinkers on if you think that his playing hasn't severely deteriorated in the past 18 or so years.

Not the first chord (that's a powerhouse), but the following suspension (ending on a single string, instead of making more strings ring simultaneously).

He is bending that single note slightly out of key, and loses the punch while doing it. So no disagreement there.

Posted by: elvisloose ()
Date: September 26, 2017 10:52

also got Lucky Dips and got Prado B...had anyone get other tickets or where there only Prado B for Lucky Dip ?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 11:03

I got the no filter pit in lucky dip. But I saw no one in the pit that hadlucky dip tickets, we go really lucky!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 26, 2017 11:09

maumau
odean73
Welsh Stone

Sorry to read this.

sorry to hear that, and i am afraid you were not the only one.. This article tells similar story for prato b "I spent 100 euros and could not see nothing"

in short some comments by fans criticise the organization: too few restrooms, no wardrobe but there was a ban for bags bigger than a pocket, the parterre lowe than the stage so people could not see nothing

I second those comments

Date: September 26, 2017 11:09

Stonesfan2146
I got the no filter pit in lucky dip. But I saw no one in the pit that hadlucky dip tickets, we go really lucky!

thumbs up

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: September 26, 2017 11:44

Had to smuggle my Fuji x100f in my boxer shots to avoid security...Much better concert experience than the militant Hamburg....

Will post full photo album when finished

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 12:06

Welsh Stone

My wife and I had a very similar experience. We were far away from the stage, no room to move or get a drink. I went there with my wife, so I didn't plan on trying to get as close as possible to the stage, thinking to enjoy the show from the back with room to move around etc. but this was impossible. My wife could not see the screens either.. (the concept with the four screens isn't the best they 've come up with anyway).Altough the show seemed to be ok performance-wise, the experience was a bit of a dissapointement...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 12:31 by TDive25.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 26, 2017 14:05

DandelionPowderman
erad
DandelionPowderman
erad
DandelionPowderman
GJB

Come on man...

Not the first chord (that's a powerhouse), but the following suspension (ending on a single string, instead of making more strings ring simultaneously).

He is bending that single note slightly out of key, and loses the punch while doing it. So no disagreement there.

Bang on. That first chord is definitely a power chord and although it may be blasphemous to say it, when I heard it jump out at the Hamburg show it reminded me of the Primal Scream song Loaded when the guitar comes in, in a similar way - just before Bobby Gillespie says "We're Goin' To Get Way Down, Way Down".

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 26, 2017 15:14

schwonek

If I hear JJF - I also feel some
-Altamont
-Oakland
-NYC
-Hyde Park
-Brussels
-LA Forum
-Paris aux Printemps
-Texas
-Hampton
-Leeds
-Atlantic City...

Every time!!!
If fu**ing rocks!!!!

I like this a lot, Schwonek!
Even if it makes me realize that I lost some of That Feel over all those years.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:46

raphph
Had to smuggle my Fuji x100f in my boxer shots to avoid security...Much better concert experience than the militant Hamburg....

Will post full photo album when finished

Haha, so we were not the only ones to smuggle cams there. Put my Canon M6 with 55-200 extra lens "down below", and even the metal detector didn't bother with it.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: September 26, 2017 17:45

Harm
maumau
odean73
Welsh Stone

Sorry to read this.

I second those comments

I think it may have been an organisational issue - just felt like too many tickets had been sold for that part of the ground. Between us we've been to countless outdoor gigs but this was the first time I've been to one where there was no room on the sides to move around. Just a shame as everything else was perfect - great effort by the city who really got into the event, wonderful pre-gig atmosphere, easy journey back to Florence after the show - just makes it more disappointing that we ended up watching the gig from the road!

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: September 26, 2017 17:46

The promoters clearly needed to make a profit and so extended the Prato A section so they could sell more expensive tickets...

Date: September 26, 2017 18:37

yes, it was an organizational issue for profit reasons I think. Anyway glad to hear that at least the way back was easy and there were no other problems

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 26, 2017 18:49

Stonesfan2146

Good for u.i am happy.
Jeroen

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 26, 2017 19:29

Fantastic concert, one of the best I've seen from them. What made the concert so special, venue aside, was the extremely warm, almost heart felt, delivery by the band.

As for the organization, no complaints from my side! Arrived in Lucca by car around 3 p.m. No traffic at all. Parked (Italian style) at walking distance from the venue, drank "aperitivis" in a bar until the warmup band stopped making noise. Could have been around quarter to eight. No queues, normal security checks, in 5 minutes I was in Prato A. Great view and sound from where I was!

C

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 26, 2017 22:05

Just catching up with this show, thanks all for the pics, vids and reviews! smileys with beer

Date: September 26, 2017 23:37

So, finished my pics from the Lucca show.

[www.flickr.com]

Although there a lot of nice ones here already, feel free to enjoy them.
They are from Prato A Gold, so a little farther away then mine from Munich (Pit).

Used my Canon M6 with the small 55-200 lens. Had to hide it, as security though of it as "semiprofessionell" (nice joke).

Anyway, metal detectors did not care about that it seems ...

Cheers ...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 00:45

majomuc
So, finished my pics from the Lucca show.

[www.flickr.com]

Although there a lot of nice ones here already, feel free to enjoy them.
They are from Prato A Gold, so a little farther away then mine from Munich (Pit).

Used my Canon M6 with the small 55-200 lens. Had to hide it, as security though of it as "semiprofessionell" (nice joke).

Anyway, metal detectors did not care about that it seems ...

Cheers ...

These are excellent! Thank you! I'm at the Barca show tomorrow and info on what's allowed is wishy washy. I have a LUMIX TZ20 which would probably take decent shots but I'll stick with my phone - a Moto G5 which has a decent camera as far as phones go.

Date: September 27, 2017 00:48

smileys with beer

thanks majomuc, great photos!

Date: September 27, 2017 01:17

Yes,the rules are completely useless. I discussed that qualification of "semiprofessionell" with a security guy in Lucca, and to his opinion "if the lens sticks out, it's not allowed".

Then I decided to do my "camera down under" routine as first tried in Munich again ...

Quite ridiculous, but in the end some kind of fun to play this game ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home