Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wembley '95 Show On Youtube
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 28, 2018 08:29

Came across this show for the first time tonight, its one of the more interesting concert videos I've seen. Its taken from the audience. The sound quality is excellent. The picture quality is not that great but there are some good shots. At other times you can't see what's going on at all. The combined effect gave me a feeling like I was actually there while I was watching it. Despite the grand scale of the VL tour, this show has a looseness and rawness to it that reminds me of the 70's Stones. Really cool.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 08:30 by ryanpow.

Re: Wembley '95 Show On Youtube
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 28, 2018 09:11

ryanpow
Came across this show for the first time tonight, its one of the more interesting concert videos I've seen. Its taken from the audience. The sound quality is excellent. The picture quality is not that great but there are some good shots. At other times you can't see what's going on at all. The combined effect gave me a feeling like I was actually there while I was watching it. Despite the grand scale of the VL tour, this show has a looseness and rawness to it that reminds me of the 70's Stones. Really cool.

[www.youtube.com]

Very cool, thanks for sharing ! Goobled up !

I love that part at 1:38 where the Voodoo Lounge trinkets come down [youtu.be] for that portion of the show

As you say, the video is not the best quality... but...
but combined with my memory, it all comes back clear as bell.

I was not at this show, but I saw this tour 8 times and I freekin LOVED/STILL LOVE IT!

Sparks will fly!!! @22:28 smileys with beer

Date: January 28, 2018 09:26

And the fun thing about finding a good piece like Ryans Stones video is it
sometimes leads to a rich vein of golden rock and roll, tons ore!

This guys channel has some cool stuff https:/ /www.youtube.com/user/hydearchives/videos

Like LQQK!! Tora Tora... "Amnesia" ? I use to love that song... still do!

And he has a bunch of other groups GNR, Lindsey Buckingham & Christine Mcvie,
AC/DC Uncle Ted, Heart, Wall Flowers, Alice, Crue and some more Stones... FUN!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 11:58

Thanks.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 28, 2018 15:11

If this is the concert where the Black Crowes had to stop mid set due to rain I was at this one.

Aberdeen to London, I became bored/jaded half way through the gig. :/

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 28, 2018 15:23

I think I was at this show (cant remember which of the London shows I went to). Plan to get toasted later in the week and enjoy the video!

Thanks for sharing it!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 28, 2018 15:31

Seems like everything is up on Youtube now. A good thing I guess. I wish I had access to all this back in 1995 though. And before that. But no one did.
To look at it now isn't as urgent as it used to be. A short snippet is enough...

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: January 28, 2018 16:30

His Majesty
If this is the concert where the Black Crowes had to stop mid set due to rain I was at this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 16:31 by geordiestone.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: January 28, 2018 16:30

His Majesty

No that was the night after on the Sunday. This is July 15th, I was at this gig and very excited to see both my favourite bands on one bill. Sadly The Black Crowes were at their self indulgent worst and I remember how very alone I felt whooping and cheering them on in my BC T shirt while the rest of the audience appeared totally disinterested in the goings on on stage. When I say their self indulgent worst I really should clarify that I myself enjoyed them enough but to be playing to a Stones audience they maybe could of done shorter songs and more of them. Great day though and yeah The Stones were on fire that night, especially Heartbreaker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 16:32 by geordiestone.

Date: January 28, 2018 16:40

Stoneage
Seems like everything is up on Youtube now. A good thing I guess. I wish I had access to all this back in 1995 though. And before that. But no one did.
To look at it now isn't as urgent as it used to be. A short snippet is enough...

Quite understandable for people who are no longer fans of the band

Date: January 28, 2018 16:42

geordiestone
His Majesty

No that was the night after on the Sunday. This is July 15th, I was at this gig and very excited to see both my favourite bands on one bill. Sadly The Black Crowes were at their self indulgent worst and I remember how very alone I felt whooping and cheering them on in my BC T shirt while the rest of the audience appeared totally disinterested in the goings on on stage. When I say their self indulgent worst I really should clarify that I myself enjoyed them enough but to be playing to a Stones audience they maybe could of done shorter songs and more of them. Great day though and yeah The Stones were on fire that night, especially Heartbreaker
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Great version of that one and some others too!

I love these old videos, it brings it all back.
VL was such a fun tour... such great times... I never want it to end

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 16:52

here`s the DVD link
[www.filefactory.com]

it`s MfG#1

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 28, 2018 17:28

Leonioid
Stoneage

That is not true.. If you have been a fan for a long time you'll get another perspective. More distance so to speak. Don't worry, I have been nearsighted too. It's just another phase.

Date: January 28, 2018 18:06

That Mick Jagger is pretty good, isn't he?

IMO, An official concert DVD actually gives a better visual representation than if you were there in person. An official release wouldn't look like this and I wouldn't expect it to. I guess bootlegs will always have their own, different appeal.

On the other hand a movie like LSTNT manages to give us amazing camera work and
at the same make you feel like you were right there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 18:13 by ryanpow.

Date: January 28, 2018 18:07

Stoneage

That is not true.. If you have been a fan for a long time you'll get another perspective. More distance so to speak. Don't worry, I have been nearsighted too. It's just another phase.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 28, 2018 19:54

Leonioid
Stoneage

I think it depends how you ‘intake’
I am nearly always audio only with no video input (although that’s changed since 2015)
But, for example, I was on utube looking at ‘Waiting On A Friend’ then it rolled into 1981 ‘Just My Imagination’ then rolled ‘Beast of Burden’
now the CD and audio downloads I’ve played quite a bit (1982 versions mostly)
But I don’t care to sit and visually view online or even play my Blu rays over more than once.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 28, 2018 20:30

geordiestone

No that was the night after on the Sunday. This is July 15th, I was at this gig and very excited to see both my favourite bands on one bill. Sadly The Black Crowes were at their self indulgent worst and I remember how very alone I felt whooping and cheering them on in my BC T shirt while the rest of the audience appeared totally disinterested in the goings on on stage.

I was loving the crowes whilst they were on.

I think I was just too zonked by the time the stones came on to be able to enjoy it all.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: January 30, 2018 02:42

ryanpow

[www.youtube.com]

Hey, I do vaguely recall attending that show with MOWAT.. it/I was a bit whey hey whey in a kool way.. Ha.. MOWAT can confirm that or not, cause it could have been just A DREAM... Anyhow thanx for the vid. very choice...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home