Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22
Re: Lucca Italy 23-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:00

DeanGoodman
Hairball
What was also interesting to see was all of those people on the street by the line of trees. There was a previous pic here where during the show there were thousands in that area shoulder to shoulder and I would have sworn they were part of the official crowd, but it's since become evident they were all watching the show for free? If so, smart locals and hats off to them, but if you were just on the other side of the fence with a paid ticket you might have felt slightly cheated and/or silly.

I believe the "street" you are referring to is actually the lines of official seating along the side- Pedana A, B. Behind them is the brick wall. Along the grass on top of the wall are the skyboxes.

Thanks Dean, those VIP boxes would have been a great location.
But I was referring to the people and trees closer to bottom of that pic.

StonedRambler and majomuc have confirmed they were paid for ticket holders, but were all of those people actually in line still waiting to get in beyond the trees? Or was that as an official paid for area?

Here's the pic I was referring to:

waterrats

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:03

hopkins
really think sara saved the day on shelter; i really think those setlist whiners are right; the songs from blue and lonesome were so good; everyone was fresh and on them tho they are waaay old classics and very simple; they were artfully perforemed with exuberance and feel and a lot of those standards were not imo. i can understand monitor probs; and i don't care if one of them hits wrong chords or notes; tonight is KEITHS REVENGE. cause theres no way mick can roll his eyes at the guitar if it takes him three songs to sing one verse on key and you'd have to edit THAT....ha keith will NOT be able to resist this; and there WILL be a fight tongith and i hope that ticketholders don't get a cancellation; keith is NOT gonna be able to be contained maybe if jane and a loto f assitants just grab him and walk him away...i dunno...

he's all gonna be' 'i been covering your skinny ass since 1960 and 'm STILL covering it; you sure you want me to play the "right fkn chords' caruso? thats a very cute touch shaking your butt while playing DIALING FOR NOTE...sure i'm the problem ITS ALWAYS I'M THE PROBLEM RIGTH PAVORATTI????

whoa; next gig still confirmed?

Sorry hopkins, i am a bit thick, just wondered what you meant by the highlighted areas in your post, What was wrong with Mick.s singing. ??
Are you saying he was out of key for three songs ??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:15

stone4ever
hopkins
really think sara saved the day on shelter; i really think those setlist whiners are right; the songs from blue and lonesome were so good; everyone was fresh and on them tho they are waaay old classics and very simple; they were artfully perforemed with exuberance and feel and a lot of those standards were not imo. i can understand monitor probs; and i don't care if one of them hits wrong chords or notes; tonight is KEITHS REVENGE. cause theres no way mick can roll his eyes at the guitar if it takes him three songs to sing one verse on key and you'd have to edit THAT....ha keith will NOT be able to resist this; and there WILL be a fight tongith and i hope that ticketholders don't get a cancellation; keith is NOT gonna be able to be contained maybe if jane and a loto f assitants just grab him and walk him away...i dunno...

he's all gonna be' 'i been covering your skinny ass since 1960 and 'm STILL covering it; you sure you want me to play the "right fkn chords' caruso? thats a very cute touch shaking your butt while playing DIALING FOR NOTE...sure i'm the problem ITS ALWAYS I'M THE PROBLEM RIGTH PAVORATTI????

whoa; next gig still confirmed?

Sorry hopkins, i am a bit thick, just wondered what you meant by the highlighted areas in your post, What was wrong with Mick.s singing. ??
Are you saying he was out of key for three songs ??

And who's "sara"?? confused smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:26

hopkins
really think sara saved the day on shelter

if by sara you mean sasha then I am in complete agreement ... but i'd go even further: her repeated "rape, murder, is just a kiss away" not only saved the song ... it may have saved the tour!

Date: September 24, 2017 19:50

I love the way Mick has gone back to singing these songs with more pronunciation , he is really stretching the words like he used to. Mick i love you again, have you been secretely listening to iorr winking smiley

Not only that but Keith and especially Ronnie have added more to JJF, i can't believe these new versions of tired Warhorses. I swear to god i think the boys have taken on board some of the criticism from iorr.

JJF hot smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 19:54 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:51

Mick was photographed in Florence yesterday, standing next to the statue of David in the Accademia.

Posted by: Duked ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:53

Hairball
DeanGoodman
Hairball
What was also interesting to see was all of those people on the street by the line of trees. There was a previous pic here where during the show there were thousands in that area shoulder to shoulder and I would have sworn they were part of the official crowd, but it's since become evident they were all watching the show for free? If so, smart locals and hats off to them, but if you were just on the other side of the fence with a paid ticket you might have felt slightly cheated and/or silly.

I believe the "street" you are referring to is actually the lines of official seating along the side- Pedana A, B. Behind them is the brick wall. Along the grass on top of the wall are the skyboxes.

Thanks Dean, those VIP boxes would have been a great location.
But I was referring to the people and trees closer to bottom of that pic.

StonedRambler and majomuc have confirmed they were paid for ticket holders, but were all of those people actually in line still waiting to get in beyond the trees? Or was that as an official paid for area?

Here's the pic I was referring to:

waterrats

On my and a few of my friends' behalf:
I was on this area, at the trees. Me and my friends, we bought tickets!
I had Prato B ticket, I arrived at the site around 3.30 PM, checked the Prato B area inside but I can't see anything there, only the LED screens, which was not enough for me.
So we walked to that part, next to the trees. There we had an almost Prato A - type, much closer view to the stage!!

Date: September 24, 2017 20:00

LongBeachArena72
hopkins
really think sara saved the day on shelter

if by sara you mean sasha then I am in complete agreement ... but i'd go even further: her repeated "rape, murder, is just a kiss away" not only saved the song ... it may have saved the tour!

I've always like Sara/Sasha, and she was a breath of fresh air for the band when she joined them.
Can't really say the same about the guy who replaced Bobby Keys, but he seems to do an adequate job, and replacing Bobby was no easy task I'm sure.
Similar to what Darryl Jones seems to accomplished with the band, maybe the new sax guy will eventually fill the void better...might be another 10-15 years or so for him to fully gel. winking smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 24, 2017 20:12

Yes, I was here as well. The best part of prato b.

Date: September 24, 2017 20:24

Ronnie is just blowing my mind, i mean he really is, what was he doing all those lost years, i just wish him all the best, he looks so gaunt, could be the rock and roll life style, could be something else, put he is playing like a man possessed.

I have not felt better about a tour in my life, this is just going to go into another dimension as far as playing goes, Ronnie is bringing out the best in Keith too. I just love the internet where this band is concerned, its almost like seeing them every night through the eyes and ears of iorr posters who have such knowledge and live experience of the band.

I've had a few drinks to celebrate these clips, and i must admit i have had my doubts about the Stones still playing this late in their career, but they are more than pulling it off. With crowds like this Italian one in Lucca its so obvious why they continue. Who wants to stay at home in their slippers when you can have this.
I LOVE THIS BAND smileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 24, 2017 21:02

GG24/Debby, thanks for sharing what happened with you.
Hope your knee has a little recovery time and that the walk is easier in Barca.

Thanks so very much for being there. I like the idea of taking a towel to sit on.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 24, 2017 21:13

[www.youtube.com]

Start me up - Ronnies solo (1:55) is so hot! Amp is blasting, he is spinning and he pulls out this rocking solo! Wow!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 24, 2017 21:53

stone4ever
Ronnie is just blowing my mind, i mean he really is, what was he doing all those lost years, i just wish him all the best, he looks so gaunt, could be the rock and roll life style, could be something else, put he is playing like a man possessed.

I have not felt better about a tour in my life, this is just going to go into another dimension as far as playing goes, Ronnie is bringing out the best in Keith too. I just love the internet where this band is concerned, its almost like seeing them every night through the eyes and ears of iorr posters who have such knowledge and live experience of the band.

I've had a few drinks to celebrate these clips, and i must admit i have had my doubts about the Stones still playing this late in their career, but they are more than pulling it off. With crowds like this Italian one in Lucca its so obvious why they continue. Who wants to stay at home in their slippers when you can have this.

>>With crowds like this Italian one in Lucca its so obvious why they continue.

Ha ha, we Italians have a long history of appreciating great art.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:00

Bliss
stone4ever

The fans in Italy are always great and lift the band up to another level and Spain will be the same.

Nate

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:07

From Ronnie on Instagram (stories):

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:15

Well I've been following from the start of the tour announcements and today I can finally move on with my "What-evers". I have to say it was really exciting to watch Lucca get there time to shine. Having Our Wedding there in '98 and our anniversary of the 26th we really wanted to be there. I'm happy for all of you that took part.

P.S. of course i'll be here for the rest of the tour.

Date: September 24, 2017 22:17

Love these setlists by Ronnie..
It'd be nice if he sometime offered them for charity or profit.. Have several Ronnie pieces, but would love to have one of these for a concert I attended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 22:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:32

MisterDDDD
It'd be nice if he sometime offered them for charity or profit.. Have several Ronnie pieces, but would love to have one of these for a concert I attended.

Same here. A postcard with one of the setlists rehearsed in Los Angeles in 2015 was being sold (it still is, I think) on Exhibitionism. It would be cool to have a poster or at least a set of postcards with these setlists.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:37

Leonioid
GlimmerGirl24
As Tears Go By was exquisite - worth all the trouble of getting to the concert site. Fortunately, the walk back to the shuttle pick up site was a bit shorter, they were letting us exit on the south side of the old town. Coming in, we had to walk to the east gate, walk to the middle of the old town to pick up our Lucky Dips and then to the southwest corner to exit out of the old town and finally east to the concert site on the Lucca Walls. The shuttle drop off pick up area was about a mile from the south walls. It was a lot of walking for someone with a torn up knee. smiling smiley

My traveling companions got lost and never made it to the shuttle pick up area. I took the shuttle back to a restaurant about two miles from our hotel. Our rental car was parked at the restaurant and I did not have the key. The shuttle driver was really sweet to drop me off at my hotel. My companions ended up taking a cab to where the car was parked, about seven miles from the concert site.

Someone asked where I was located. Far Keith side, just in front of the stage, about fifty feet from the end of the stage. Not the greatest for sound, but I did have speakers pointing my way. My knee gave out while one of my friends spent 40 minutes in the merchandise line. I was in agony and then we walked the entire length of the concert field through a crush of people to get to entrance A, which was behind the stage area. By the time I made it in to the concert site, there was no way I was going to stand for any length of time. I had a beach towel along, I placed it next to the fence, sat down and had a great view of the far right iPhone screen.

My mifi signal kept bouncing between two and four bars. I just couldn't get a consistent strong signal in the area where I was and my knee didn't want to search out another spot, nor did I - the field was packed. My little area had people sitting or standing against the fence, an aisle with people moving in and out to concessions and then firemen and police who were watching the concert and between them and the stage, lots of packed together people. I don't enjoy a concert when I'm packed against people.

Hopefully the signal is better in Barcelona.

I am very happy to hear you got a ride when you needed it, a car with no keys is a bummer, but I am sad to hear about your knee. Sounds like you guys are walking all over Europe on this trip... Time for a nice hot Jacuzzi and/or maybe a professional massage at a spa... treat your self, you deserve it. You don't have to get the whole sha-bang expensive spa massage treatment, maybe just have them do some work on your legs/knee/foots smiling smiley.

I am being totally serious, thinking of offering ideas. I know when I am on trips like that I will not hesitate to get 1-2 spa massages (pro ethical massages, not sexual) and I have even been known to visit to a chiropractor if/when I went too nuts on vacation and threw out my back.

Or maybe try some Dr scholl's gel inserts things for your shoes, if you can find them. They really do some good for sore feets. Or maybe find a heat wrap thing for your knee.

I am wishing you all the best on your tour of Europe!

The second half of the show today your signal worked with no drops, it was kind of clunky, but it didn't drop like it was in the first half. You gave the world the whole second part of this show solid. Thank you very much! You are a hero! I know with 100% confidence if you are there and the scope is not working there is an issue with the local system. You have my respect, you know what you are doing.

I know nothing about how towers or service works for these things, or why the the FB feeds got cut off 100%, out of the blue, about 1/2 way through, then I wonder if maybe that freed up some service... idk

or maybe EVERYONE was broadcasting at the start with not enough service to go around and later when 3/4 of the peoples phones ran out of battery there was less competition during the second half. I dont know... just tossing ideas.

It didn't look good during the first half, very very clunky with all feeds.... we were scope jumping and scrambling for anything...

But I was OK, I was still smiling thinking how lucky we were in Zurich when between you and Selene we had a solid show start to finish and if I could (and did) get that then that is way ahead of the game, one of he lucky guys on the planet and very grateful.

I bet there are some Stones fan out there who will not even hear that scopes and feeds from live shows is possibility and they are missing out.

I am grateful to have learned about scopes/feeds becasue way too often it is only later I find out this kind of cool stuff (DAMN IT!) so for me to know and be able to see/hear them and have someone as awesome as you GlimmerGirl, being so smart and scoping so well, and battery packs for your phones and mifis and all the rest you know and do so well.... done as well as it can be done... I am truly grateful! Thank you! Your time, money, efforts and aches, pains and sore feet/knees are not wasted!

smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

Thanks again for the scope Debbie - it was awesome. Hope your knee heals and "see you" in barcelona!

Sarah aka sparkly top

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 24, 2017 23:34

Show time Barcelona...

Date: September 25, 2017 00:40

Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD

Same here. A postcard with one of the setlists rehearsed in Los Angeles in 2015 was being sold (it still is, I think) on Exhibitionism. It would be cool to have a poster or at least a set of postcards with these setlists.

I mentioned somewhere that he used to do these on cheap poster board without too much thought put into it probably not realizing they would be of much interest to anyone.
Now he's doing them on not-so-cheap stretched canvas treating them as a piece of fine art. Maybe some day they will be put up for auction, or maybe he'll have an art show with a few of them up for sale.
Original Rolling Stones Lucca 2017 setlist by Ronnie Wood- asking price £25,000!!! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: September 25, 2017 00:45

Great close-up Mick Jagger - Midnight Rambler

[youtu.be]

Date: September 25, 2017 00:57

Bliss
stone4ever

Well i can see that, i have been to Italy so many times and can never get enough.

You Know i think of Keith as Art, watching all his moves come back into his playing is just beyond my dreams, i haven't seen him enjoying his music this much in decades.

Every so often you see that beaming smile of his, that early Keith from the sixties full of love for playing this music is evident again. Lord know's what happened to resurrect him in such a short space of time.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 25, 2017 02:45

midimannz
Leonioid

GlimmerGirl24
.... our hero reporting !

smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

well said Leonoid, greets from New Zealand, you summed it up as if you were discussing me

smileys with beer It is fun having The Rolling Stones doing their thing....

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 25, 2017 03:59

gosh I think i'm confused about which dates and what shows, sorry if so; i'll check BV's pages about tours and get it straight; i keep going to the sticky not sure if they've had their rest days or are working; dohh, sorry...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-25 04:07 by hopkins.

Date: September 25, 2017 05:03

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD

I mentioned somewhere that he used to do these on cheap poster board without too much thought put into it probably not realizing they would be of much interest to anyone.
Now he's doing them on not-so-cheap stretched canvas treating them as a piece of fine art. Maybe some day they will be put up for auction, or maybe he'll have an art show with a few of them up for sale.
Original Rolling Stones Lucca 2017 setlist by Ronnie Wood- asking price £25,000!!! eye popping smiley

They're cool.. but not quite that cool..cool smiley
I remember when they were sketched out quickly on poster board as well..
He must have intent to do more with them now that he's breaking out the canvas.

Definitely will keep my eye out in the future..

Date: September 25, 2017 05:58

stone4ever

Your enthusiasm is infectious, young riffhards; in fact, it's so infectious you really ought to consult an epidemiologist.

But I am happy for you, happy that your band have returned in all their blazing glory.

I can barely tell one song from another anymore but it's quite possible that's more on me than them. The sputtering slow-motion out-of-tune mess I hear is clearly not what you hear and what the hundreds of thousands of people who will dig them on the this tour hear.

So, as Bobby Z once sang. "roll on, John."

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 25, 2017 06:06

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever

Your enthusiasm is infectious, young riffhards; in fact, it's so infectious you really ought to consult an epidemiologist....

I can barely tell one song from another anymore but it's quite possible that's more on me than them....

The sputtering slow-motion out-of-tune mess I hear ... .....
"

!!?

Don't you get it man?

It's "no filter" ya know??
You can put a brilliant piece of conceptual performance art to dismissive shame as if YOU'RE the one that's ahead of the curve...!!?
(Ever hear of 'irony'? no not the crease in your trousers).
Frankly, how presumptious; You're really not, i hope you don't mind me saying,
And it's NOT all that positive of a reflection on your own perspective;
you ever think of that man?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-25 06:09 by hopkins.

Date: September 25, 2017 06:24

hopkins
you ever think of that man?

I've thought of everything, Hopkins-san; 11 or 12 times over. It's the cross I bear as I stumble through this material world.

Date: September 25, 2017 09:40

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever

Your enthusiasm is infectious, young riffhards; in fact, it's so infectious you really ought to consult an epidemiologist.

But I am happy for you, happy that your band have returned in all their blazing glory.

I can barely tell one song from another anymore but it's quite possible that's more on me than them. The sputtering slow-motion out-of-tune mess I hear is clearly not what you hear and what the hundreds of thousands of people who will dig them on the this tour hear.

So, as Bobby Z once sang. "roll on, John."

Well i don't know longbeach, perhaps this music wasn't written or performed for analyzing, its Rock & Roll. Its not about perfection , its about having a few beers or joints, both or neither, and letting it all go, having fun. I think they have fun performing and their audience has fun watching them play. For me that's what it's all about. The spectacle of it all, the raw energy and power generated by this band. I don't care if they make mistakes , i actually enjoy some of them, they make me laugh.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home