Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 25, 2018 20:34

NORWAY/BELGIUM/PORTUGAL ...missing out again it seems.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 25, 2018 20:36

jlowe
NORWAY/BELGIUM/PORTUGAL ...missing out again it seems.

But at least they are not missed out on every tour like most Eastern countries.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: February 25, 2018 20:46

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 25, 2018 20:46

Southampton or Birmingham is almost inevitably bound to fall on Saturday 16th ... right ? What think people ?

We have Manchester on the 2nd, again on the 5th, Edinburgh on the 9th, Twickers on the 19th. That leaves a 10 days gap. Surely it's gotta be the 12th and the 16th for these two shows ... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 25, 2018 20:51

timbernardis
OK, I've checked the Easy Hotel site and they have the following locations in the London area, with all being from 23-42 pounds a night:
Croydon
Heathrow
Luton
Old St/Barbican
Paddington
South Kensington
Victoria

What does anyone recommend, keeping in mind something where one can get to the O2 and London Stadium easily. And hopefully get to Central London without too much trouble as well.

plexi

For O2, you need to go to North Greenwich (Jubilee line tube) and for the London Stadium you need to get to Stratford (central line tube, DLR or overground).

So I'd go for Old Street, because it's the only one of them on that side of town, plus it puts you five minutes walk away from Shoreditch/Hoxton, which is a lively and more interesting neighbourhood than the centre, from which it's only a short bus ride anyway.

Forget Croydon, Luton and Heathrow. They are not in London and are for people who want the convenience of being close to an airport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 20:52 by Beast.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 20:54

paulywaul
Southampton or Birmingham is almost inevitably bound to fall on Saturday 16th ... right ? What think people ?

We have Manchester on the 2nd, again on the 5th, Edinburgh on the 9th, Twickers on the 19th. That leaves a 10 days gap. Surely it's gotta be the 12th and the 16th for these two shows ... ?

Good shout Paul. I think that could very well happen. Sounds logical. It will be interesting to see how the final rumours compare with the actual tour.

Date: February 25, 2018 21:02

CaledonianGonzo
If it's floor standing then it'll make a difference to sales, aye. Hopefully it will be.

Edinburgh 1999 was full free floor standing with no golden circle or pit. Security was very weak and it was complete chaos, with glass bottles and other debris rolling about the floor. A proper mental crowd that night pogoing up and down. Just before showtime, a crowd of heidbangers charged right up to the front, pushing in, intimidating people and generally acting like brainless wee neds. They seemed to be popping pills and off their heads. Their accents sounded very familiar and I later learnt they came from my hometown (Hamilton). It was like a 70s concert.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 21:05 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:07

grzegorz67
paulywaul

Good shout Paul. I think that could very well happen. Sounds logical. It will be interesting to see how the final rumours compare with the actual tour.

Love it to be a Friday or Saturday.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:09

This is a
‘No Sissies’
tour.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:25

CaledonianGonzo

[twitter.com]
8am

Official:

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:26

timbernardis
OK, I've checked the Easy Hotel site and they have the following locations in the London area, with all being from 23-42 pounds a night:
Croydon
Heathrow
Luton
Old St/Barbican
Paddington
South Kensington
Victoria

What does anyone recommend, keeping in mind something where one can get to the O2 and London Stadium easily. And hopefully get to Central London without too much trouble as well.

plexi

In 1990 I was a poor young father of three and left my family for the Stones summer UK tour of 10 shows in 3 weeks. I had a budget of 20 pounds per day which was a fortune for me. I brough a tent and a sleeping bag and camped at Abbey Wood. But it was not rock'n'roll out there, all my friends from UK were downtown in swinging London. So I called my wife and asked for permission to add may be 5 or 10 pounds per day to the budget. Then I took my tent and stayed at the most awful hotels in the Paddington area. They had a price of 15 to 17 pounds and there were all sorts of bugs and creeps in the room. The rooms were smaller than my bathrom at home. I got to see my friends every day and I got to see the Stones. But my my how happy I was when Cardiff got canceled and we got to stop over and sleep in a clean hotel in Cheltenham while waiting for the show to be rescheduled for the week after five days later.

I tell you London or Uk in general on a budget is not on my dream list. You will get close contact with cockroaches and they clean your room in 20 seconds. I did not have any favorite hotels in London for may be 30 years from the 80's up to may be ten years ago. Now I have a few favorites but they cost 80 t0 120 pounds like Hilton Paddington or Ibis or HI Wembley or some others, but 95% of London hotels are a pain and you don't want to return to them, believe be, even if they cost 200 pounds. It is a nightmare and it is just the way the market is. too many tourists and too little pressure on quality. And it takes two hours from Croydon to anywhere central London by public transportation.

In 2012 I stayet at Wembley and took the underground one hour direct to the O2. I love it out there at Wembley, it is fast down to Paddingtob, cheap, and the beers are half price and genuine. When they played Hyde Park I was at Hilton Paddington. I am always there usually these days because I am on the first flight home at 7am next day after the show and they are 3 minutes walk from the Heathrow Express terminal. I have stayed at 20-30 other hotels in the Paddington area and also 50 or more other hotels in London, unless they are like Savoy or 4 starg at least I don't want to return.

Believe me, if you pay less that 50-100 pounds, there are someone little with many legs already in your room, and you need to travel to get anywhere the Stones go.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:29

Thanks for the Scotland date. Even having a one day jump is huge in booking hotels. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:29

sounds like abit of a back story to shattered "we got rats on the west side bed bugs up town"

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:30

I have just been told again that Cardiff is still in discussion and hasn't been taken off the table...maybe?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:38

jcstone47
Thanks for the Scotland date. Even having a one day jump is huge in booking hotels. >grinning smiley<

Likewise. I just booked a decent Airbnb for $50. Supply is limited.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:42

I agree with you BV .... 100%

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:53

Some cities will not be annonced tomorrow morning, they are optional and may be added according to sales, I am told. That means hold on to your hotel booking for a while in case they announce that show later. I know there are more cities than they will play and I have a couple more very interesting cities in the pipeline so pay close attention to the IORR list of shows and news and this thread during the next hours and days. I will release anything I have as long as it is sourced from enough sources.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:55

bv
Some cities will not be annonced tomorrow morning, they are optional and may be added according to sales, I am told. That means hold on to your hotel booking for a while in case they announce that show later. I know there are more cities than they will play and I have a couple more very interesting cities in the pipeline so pay close attention to the IORR list of shows and news and this thread during the next hours and days. I will release anything I have as long as it is sourced from enough sources.

Dublin on the list of TBA ??

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 25, 2018 21:56

Every time I leave the stadium after the show, I'm convinced that this was the last time. No way, they are coming back. That's it. And yet they surprise me with another tour, and another, and another. Thank you guys for these surprises. They are the best you can get. hot smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:08

franzk
Every time I leave the stadium after the show, I'm convinced that this was the last time. No way, they are coming back. That's it. And yet they surprise me with another tour, and another, and another. Thank you guys for these surprises. They are the best you can get. hot smiley
thumbs up And every time I leave the show, I'm convinced it was the best I've been to.. or top 5 at least (!)

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:13

Hope like hell London isn't on the no announce list. The fact they're the only shows on BV's list that don't show the venue is a little nerve wracking. Somehow I'll have to hang onto my sanity until 11:00 PST tonight.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:14

GAFF
Hope like hell London isn't on the no announce list. The fact they're the only shows on BV's list that don't show the venue is a little nerve wracking. Somehow I'll have to hang onto my sanity until 11:00 PST tonight.

I would bet my house that London will be announced tomorrow. I think Cardiff may be on the no announce list.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:24

Rollin92
GAFF

I would bet my house that London will be announced tomorrow. I think Cardiff may be on the no announce list.

I think it's more than likely, now all I need is for the rumored dates to be spot on. My flight and hotel are both nonrefundable!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:26

bv

Thanks for the update Bjornulf.. much appreciated.

My guess is the ones most likely to make the announced later list- would include the 2nd Manchester date (the first one I'm planning on attending) and the 2nd London date- both subject to "they are optional and may be added according to sales" category.. Also seems the cities closer to London with no date attatched yet also may fall into that category Birmingham /Southampton)

Will be watching like a hawk.. very glad all hotels so far cancelable..

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:27

For those non-Brits coming over for UK shows, the UK train system is INSANE but you can get cheaper/cheapish tickets. At least two things are worth knowing:

1) You should almost never need to buy a standard price off-peak ticket, you need to buy 'advance' tickets instead (though advance ticket are for specific trains so if you miss it you'd have to buy a new ticket). Advance tickets are released 12 weeks before the travel date, but sometimes not quite 12 weeks, sometimes 11.5 weeks ahead, sometimes 11...

2) It is often cheaper to 'split' the journey. So, for example, buying tickets from London to Wolverhampton, and Wolverhampton to Manchester can be half the price of buying a London to Manchester ticket, even though you actually stay on the same train (as I said, insane).

This is a good place to start looking for info
[www.seat61.com]

syrel

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:31

syrel
For those non-Brits coming over for UK shows, the UK train system is INSANE but you can get cheaper/cheapish tickets. At least two things are worth knowing:

1) You should almost never need to buy a standard price off-peak ticket, you need to buy 'advance' tickets instead (though advance ticket are for specific trains so if you miss it you'd have to buy a new ticket). Advance tickets are released 12 weeks before the travel date, but sometimes not quite 12 weeks, sometimes 11.5 weeks ahead, sometimes 11...

2) It is often cheaper to 'split' the journey. So, for example, buying tickets from London to Wolverhampton, and Wolverhampton to Manchester can be half the price of buying a London to Manchester ticket, even though you actually stay on the same train (as I said, insane).

This is a good place to start looking for info
[www.seat61.com]

syrel

Thanks syrel

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:34

EDNBURGH ON A SATURDAY NIGHT !!!
The place to be for Atmosphere - Murrayfield will Rock again . The English Stones will be more than Welcome In Scotland. What a concert that proposes to be. If you Can't Rock us Nobody Will. Guy's if are travelling this is the one to be at.!!!. I promise you.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:39

bv

well, now we can play announcement bingo.
I guess the won't announce second shows at the same place (Manchester and London). And I guess they add Twickenham later ('to meet overwhelmung public demand' etc)

Date: February 25, 2018 22:40

Tonstone
EDNBURGH ON A SATURDAY NIGHT !!!
The place to be for Atmosphere - Murrayfield will Rock again . The English Stones will be more than Welcome In Scotland. What a concert that proposes to be. If you Can't Rock us Nobody Will. Guy's if are travelling this is the one to be at.!!!. I promise you.

I 100% agree there Tonstone. The 1999 Show was a wild affair as I wrote above. I’ve seen the band 26 times since 1990 and that show tops the lot for crowd enthusiasm by a country mile. The band responded to the crowd in kind grinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:45

Well I guess the cities that have had posters up this week will be announced and the other rumoured places will wait.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home