Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...110111112113114115116117118119120...LastNext
Current Page: 115 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 17:15

Croke Park pitch is a GAA pitch so its measurements are 145m long by 88m wide
Aviva is a soccer/Rugby pitch measurements are 106 m × 68 m

so lots of standing room in CP than the Aviva

for non irish people i knw it would make sense for our national stadium to be the biggest stadium we have but in fact its not (Soccer/Rugby was played there from 2007-2010 while the aviva was been built) and our international teams play in the smaller Aviva stadium (formely Landsdowne road). Croke park is owned by the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Assaciation) whos games are amateur which consists of Hurling and Gaelic Football. Great sports deff check them out on youtube

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 24, 2018 17:44

honey don’t stop.

Posted by: Stole ()
Date: February 24, 2018 18:36

ferda
Stole
I watched Stons in Belgrade 2007, Austria 2017 and I hope it will be now in Prague. I'm in wheelchairs so I would ask if you know who the organizer of the concert is telling me to contact him. or if you have any information about a concert in Prague because it is closest to me. I am from Novi Sad, Serbia

Hi Stole, I am quite sure there will be a wheelchair platform with dedicated tickets as this is a standard at Letnany site. I can also help with the promoter once the announcement is out if necessary.

A few more thoughts re Letnany site
- the set-up will be likely similar to Spielberg (field), which I prefer sound-wise as you don't get echo bounces from the tribunes. However, I understand it might not be to everyone's taste
- place is quite tested, number of big concerts/festivals have happened here over last 10 years. Never had issues with mud, hope it will hold.
- logistics there will be fine as it's well connected to public transport/highway. Getting out is slow as at any big event but nothing too horrendous...
- tickets should be easy to get, nothing sold out instantly in this place. Fastest were AC/DC in ~2months with similar capacity but arguably cheaper tickets.

Cheers

Igmf you know who is promoter (after comfrm date) pls tell me, because i mast contact them
Cheer from Serbia

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Stole Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 24, 2018 18:41

Any idea of how will the tour be announced? A press conference of just an announcement on social media? I've heard some say it will happen at 9:00 AM Central Time here in the States.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 24, 2018 18:48

GAFF
Any idea of how will the tour be announced? A press conference of just an announcement on social media? I've heard some say it will happen at 9:00 AM Central Time here in the States.

Not sure how they will announce GAFF, likely the app and website, But it's my understanding that it will be made at 9 AM CET (central european time).. perhaps thats what you mean, but that makes it 12 AM (Midnight) in my Pacific Time Zone, here on the westcoast of the US.

Date: February 24, 2018 18:52

MisterDDDD
GAFF

Not sure how they will announce GAFF, likely the app and website, But it's my understanding that it will be made at 9 AM CET (central european time).. perhaps thats what you mean, but that makes it 12 AM (Midnight) in my Pacific Time Zone, here on the westcoast of the US.

Thanks for the timing clarification! I'm in San Diego so I'm guessing I'll have to stay up til midnight on Sunday. I'm very tempted to book my London hotel from May 20-27, but don't know if I should wait for the official announcement in case the dates have shifted.

Date: February 24, 2018 19:18

GAFF
MisterDDDD
GAFF

Thanks for the timing clarification! I'm in San Diego so I'm guessing I'll have to stay up til midnight on Sunday. I'm very tempted to book my London hotel from May 20-27, but don't know if I should wait for the official announcement in case the dates have shifted.
Similar boat here.. (different dates as I'm shooting for later in the tour.. Twickenham,Southhampton et al).. But I booked cancelable rooms awhile back- Went back in to alter reservation and prices have already went up.. thinking once the announcement is made, they will rise again. Maybe not immediately though.. so I will be scrambling at Midnight (or 9AM CET) to book rooms like a lot of us I bet...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:25

Warsaw:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:28

GAFF

can anybody imagine the Stones appearing at a press conference at 9 a.m.?

(9 a.m GMT)

Date: February 24, 2018 19:29

Cristiano Radtke
Warsaw:

[twitter.com]

well, there seem to be real problems in Poland: a tram annoucing that it won't be stopping…

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:31

slewan
can anybody imagine the Stones appearing at a press conference at 9 a.m.?

(9 a.m GMT)

No need to. Prerecorded announcement on all their social media platforms will work just fine.

Date: February 24, 2018 19:32

MisterDDDD
GAFF
MisterDDDD
GAFF

Similar boat here.. (different dates as I'm shooting for later in the tour.. Twickenham,Southhampton et al).. But I booked cancelable rooms awhile back- Went back in to alter reservation and prices have already went up.. thinking once the announcement is made, they will rise again. Maybe not immediately though.. so I will be scrambling at Midnight (or 9AM CET) to book rooms like a lot of us I bet...

The cancelable rates are quite a bit higher than non-flexible so as much as it's doing to drive my blood pressure up, I think I'll stay up Sunday night and be ready to book immediately upon the official announcement. It ain't easy being a Stones junkie.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:34

slewan
Cristiano Radtke
Warsaw:

well, there seem to be real problems in Poland: a tram annoucing that it won't be stopping…

grinning smiley

Date: February 24, 2018 19:40

philrock90
Any idea on rough prices im looking to go to a london show

depends on the venue. It either very high tickets prices or extremly high ticket prices…

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 19:45

Stole
ferda
Stole
I watched Stons in Belgrade 2007, Austria 2017 and I hope it will be now in Prague. I'm in wheelchairs so I would ask if you know who the organizer of the concert is telling me to contact him. or if you have any information about a concert in Prague because it is closest to me. I am from Novi Sad, Serbia

Hi Stole, I am quite sure there will be a wheelchair platform with dedicated tickets as this is a standard at Letnany site. I can also help with the promoter once the announcement is out if necessary.

- the set-up will be likely similar to Spielberg (field), which I prefer sound-wise as you don't get echo bounces from the tribunes. However, I understand it might not be to everyone's taste
- place is quite tested, number of big concerts/festivals have happened here over last 10 years. Never had issues with mud, hope it will hold.
- logistics there will be fine as it's well connected to public transport/highway. Getting out is slow as at any big event but nothing too horrendous...
- tickets should be easy to get, nothing sold out instantly in this place. Fastest were AC/DC in ~2months with similar capacity but arguably cheaper tickets.

Cheers

Igmf you know who is promoter (after comfrm date) pls tell me, because i mast contact them
Cheer from Serbia

If The Stones really play Prague, the promoter will be Livenation for sure (livenation.cz). Thre are usually "wheelchair tickets" as a separete cathegory, but I don't know how it will be in this particular case of course. As for the venue - I have seen 3 concerts there. It is very well accessible and even though it is on a field, the facilities are very good. Getting out of the venue is an absolute nightmeare though, since the tube station is pretty much the only means for all the people, parking capacities are extremely limited. For me getting in was always easy-peasy, getting out is another story...

Date: February 24, 2018 19:53

Ain't it ammazing how quite the press is? At leats in the German press there are no hints or anything alike. Even eventim has no "ticketalarm" on their frontpage…

Date: February 24, 2018 19:56

GAFF
The cancelable rates are quite a bit higher than non-flexible so as much as it's doing to drive my blood pressure up, I think I'll stay up Sunday night and be ready to book immediately upon the official announcement. It ain't easy being a Stones junkie.
Right??
Booked Travelodges.. via their UK site. No payment is taken (because of foreign card), but reservation is held for payment at check-in- If cheaper rooms are still available after announcement will book the non-refundable rate and cancel the flexible..

Date: February 24, 2018 19:57

MisterDDDD
GAFF
Right??
Booked Travelodges.. via their UK site. No payment is taken (because of foreign card), but reservation is held for payment at check-in- If cheaper rooms are still available after announcement will book the non-refundable rate and cancel the flexible..

Now that's a clever way to work it! Sadly I'm not that clever. Intelligent, yes. Clever, not so much.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 20:32

Guess the stones may be the only happy English people in Murrayfield stadium this year winking smiley

Date: February 24, 2018 20:45

Healy52003
Guess the stones may be the only happy English people in Murrayfield stadium this year winking smiley
Haha

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:05

Healy52003

grinning smileythumbs up smileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:20

Irix
GAFF

At this point the price for a room is definitely affordable in Stratford but can anyone suggest another area that might make more sense?

Maybe staying only for sleeping in (affordable) Stratford and otherwise traveling by the Tube through whole London ....

Ibis Stratford - some 70-80 GBP. Right beside Olympic Stadium - 2 km walk.
Lots of good bars with good beers.... an example

[www.tapeast.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 21:21 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Stole ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:20

Happy24
Stole
ferda
Stole

Cheers

Cheer from Serbia

If The Stones really play Prague, the promoter will be Livenation for sure (livenation.cz). Thre are usually "wheelchair tickets" as a separete cathegory, but I don't know how it will be in this particular case of course. As for the venue - I have seen 3 concerts there. It is very well accessible and even though it is on a field, the facilities are very good. Getting out of the venue is an absolute nightmeare though, since the tube station is pretty much the only means for all the people, parking capacities are extremely limited. For me getting in was always easy-peasy, getting out is another story...
Thanks you

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Stole Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:29

Healy52003
thomas guitar
Topi
Curious why they would have that poster in Dublin if they don't have the green light.

As far as ticket sales, they could roll out the presales next week midweek and general sale Friday. But definitely not on Monday. There's usually a gap of a couple of days.

If they don´t play at Croke Park they will play at an other venue

logistics ???

unless they have the Aviva stage plan organised behind closed doors

Could they maybe sell tickets to croke park but only sell something like 45000 (which is the capcity of the aviva for concerts) til its given the green light and than sell the rest. I imagine trading seated tickets between 2 different venues would be difficult

This is the far more likely scenario

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:31

It doesnt mean that concert will take place in Warsaw. Last time when Guns N Roses had adverts in Warsaw trams they played in Gdansk grinning smiley its true, but I don't think that they play in other place, I am just kiddding smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2018 21:35

Gazza
Healy52003
thomas guitar
Topi
Curious why they would have that poster in Dublin if they don't have the green light.

As far as ticket sales, they could roll out the presales next week midweek and general sale Friday. But definitely not on Monday. There's usually a gap of a couple of days.

If they don´t play at Croke Park they will play at an other venue

logistics ???

unless they have the Aviva stage plan organised behind closed doors

Could they maybe sell tickets to croke park but only sell something like 45000 (which is the capcity of the aviva for concerts) til its given the green light and than sell the rest. I imagine trading seated tickets between 2 different venues would be difficult

This is the far more likely scenario

if they start selling tickets for Croke park without having a permission to use that venue local residents might hang local politicians…

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:41

Healy52003

Every 10 years, the deal is that we let the Scots win at rugby so they don't get too disheartened. And once a decade they get a Stones gig - same reason....

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 24, 2018 21:47

Leonioid
35love
waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

And I'm so proud of them!
smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

Yea - and I'm also proud to be a fan...

If you think about it - it's just incredible ...

Can't wait for those together nights here on IORR with the Scopes running and all the comments fall like rain!

*what if they cut the WiFi? Will you still love the band on concert night when you’re here trying to get.

Of course I will love the band the same.
I blame the slugs who are anti-scope/anti-live feed for cut WiFi, not The Stones
Mick and the band have no issues with people scoping/recording... unlike some scumbags.

Agree!

Like it was in Duesseldorf last year: we had planned to Scope for you all here, had very good hardware and enough bandwidth, extra batteries - so no problem to deliver, we thought. Shortly before the gig we tested - everything was nice, well and working. Then, as soon as the Stones began - zilch!

Afterwords, when we left, we scoped our leaving the venue - no problem.

I'm still puzzled because we know it works from our experience from the last tours.
And I don't want to miss it!!! This next tour I want to share with everyone via Scope or Facebook, I don't mind - it's so cool to witness the gig as it happens when you can't be there in person...

EVERY GIG THIS BAND STILL DOES IS LIKE A TREASURE TO ME - so I don't want to miss any of it!

Again I say: WHAT A BAND! smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 21:49 by waterrats.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 22:23

thecitadel
Healy52003

Every 10 years, the deal is that we let the Scots win at rugby so they don't get too disheartened. And once a decade they get a Stones gig - same reason....

There was no ‘letting them win’ today. They were much the better side against overwhelming favourites and thoroughly deserved their win. All of the very well informed English pundits graciously expressed that view with no sour grapes.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 24, 2018 22:30

waterrats
Leonioid
35love
waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

And I'm so proud of them!
smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

Yea - and I'm also proud to be a fan...

If you think about it - it's just incredible ...

Can't wait for those together nights here on IORR with the Scopes running and all the comments fall like rain!

*what if they cut the WiFi? Will you still love the band on concert night when you’re here trying to get.

Of course I will love the band the same.
I blame the slugs who are anti-scope/anti-live feed for cut WiFi, not The Stones
Mick and the band have no issues with people scoping/recording... unlike some scumbags.

Agree!

Like it was in Duesseldorf last year: we had planned to Scope for you all here, had very good hardware and enough bandwidth, extra batteries - so no problem to deliver, we thought. Shortly before the gig we tested - everything was nice, well and working. Then, as soon as the Stones began - zilch!

Afterwords, when we left, we scoped our leaving the venue - no problem.

I'm still puzzled because we know it works from our experience from the last tours.
And I don't want to miss it!!! This next tour I want to share with everyone via Scope or Facebook, I don't mind - it's so cool to witness the gig as it happens when you can't be there in person...

EVERY GIG THIS BAND STILL DOES IS LIKE A TREASURE TO ME - so I don't want to miss any of it!

Again I say: WHAT A BAND! smileys with beer

*oh waterrats I did not know ‘you’ were helping us sad sods out here in the nether God bless——— I did get my Paris 2 forever grateful yada yada
Listening to B & L CD in my car this a.m. I thought already I went from 2 shows 1 show no show for the upcoming UK I will keep my 2 for 2 personal record but IF
the 2 from B & L this tour are
‘Blue and Lonesome’
‘All of My Love’
It will be a knife in my heart! Okay!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...110111112113114115116117118119120...LastNext
Current Page: 115 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home