Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 24, 2018 22:36

waterrats
Like it was in Duesseldorf last year: we had planned to Scope for you all here, had very good hardware and enough bandwidth, extra batteries - so no problem to deliver, we thought. Shortly before the gig we tested - everything was nice, well and working. Then, as soon as the Stones began - zilch!

Afterwords, when we left, we scoped our leaving the venue - no problem.

I'm still puzzled because we know it works from our experience from the last tours.
And I don't want to miss it!!! This next tour I want to share with everyone via Scope or Facebook, I don't mind - it's so cool to witness the gig as it happens when you can't be there in person...

EVERY GIG THIS BAND STILL DOES IS LIKE A TREASURE TO ME - so I don't want to miss any of it!

Again I say: WHAT A BAND! smileys with beer

I remember that... and thank you again for your efforts even if "they" did what ever they did. I appreciate and give credit for efforts when the results are affected by outside BS. Who knows what they do, what they did.

If it was simple over demand then it would fluctuate, but it is... ah... I don't know.

I hope it works better for the upcoming tour but my hopes are not very high.
I understand if I want to see it, then I better be there myself... otherwise toughshtforme

Maybe they will come back to the states where we do scopes/feeds the right way.

But I do agree with you and it is worth saying again>> EVERY GIG THIS BAND STILL DOES IS LIKE A TREASURE TO ME - so I don't want to miss any of it!

WHAT A BAND! smileys with beer

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 24, 2018 22:37

A question about purchasing tix for European shows..., In Barcelona last year, you were required to enter your passport number when you ordered your tix, and the tix then had your number printed on them. Upon venue entry, you were required to show your passport or other government document that matched the number on the ticket. I imagine this was done to prevent scalping. Is this a common practice for European shows?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 24, 2018 22:42

GAFF
A question about purchasing tix for European shows..., In Barcelona last year, you were required to enter your passport number when you ordered your tix, and the tix then had your number printed on them. Upon venue entry, you were required to show your passport or other government document that matched the number on the ticket. I imagine this was done to prevent scalping. Is this a common practice for European shows?

definitely not in Germany. Haven't seen this neither in the UK nor France nor in the Netherlands nor in the Czech Republic nor in Austria nor in Sweden/Denmakr/Norway…

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 24, 2018 22:49

GAFF

It is in Poland

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:02

GAFF
The cancelable rates are quite a bit higher than non-flexible so as much as it's doing to drive my blood pressure up, I think I'll stay up Sunday night and be ready to book immediately upon the official announcement. It ain't easy being a Stones junkie.

All my friends are junkies. (That is really true.)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:03

Depends on the artist, I think Metallica has the ID check in place, the ticket buyer has to be present when entering with the ticket/tickets they bought.

[www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:29

GAFF

Yes the ticket had your name on it but no one was asked for ID In Barcelona.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:32

Beast
GAFF

We were one of the first people at the gate for the floor. Our Id's were examined. After my ticket was scanned the guy clearly checked my ID with what appeared on his scanners screen.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:39

Anyone able to offer any insight/advise for the Villa Park Birmingham show?

With a chance that I will be able to make this one depending on date, I've been looking at hotels train stations etc. hoping to book if/when announced.

Looks like not many hotels very close to stadium.. an industrial area or??
Thanks in advance.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:56

Adams
Beast
GAFF

We were one of the first people at the gate for the floor. Our Id's were examined. After my ticket was scanned the guy clearly checked my ID with what appeared on his scanners screen.

Barcelone ID vérifiés!!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:59

MisterDDDD

With a chance that I will be able to make this one depending on date, I've been looking at hotels train stations etc. hoping to book if/when announced.

Thanks in advance.

Yes they do have train stations in Birmingham which is a great thing as when you arrive the first thing that will enter your mind is how quickly can I leave.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 25, 2018 00:09

smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 25, 2018 00:41

MisterDDDD

Thanks in advance.

I took a Black Sabbath walking tour in the area. Ozzy was raised half a mile from the venue. You do not want to stay there, and I don´t think there are many options anyway. You can google for his thoughts on his old neighborhood.

Posted by: HB93NL ()
Date: February 25, 2018 01:09

MisterDDDD

Thanks in advance.

Birmingham has a good infrastructure with decent public transport and affordable hotels so you should be fine, i find it a very “open” city. I enailed villa park last week, and they said as far as theyre concerned the stones will perform in villa park but they couldnt give any specific dates. If it gets confirmed i will have a better look for transport or possible hotels and place it. the stones last performance here was in 73, so i dont think there is a fan meeting point atm.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 25, 2018 01:25

Hey, they can really filter down costs some mo
and just use this 2012 tour opener clip (just add lib age 74 instead of 69/70)
[m.youtube.com]
Same thing, ya?
Did I save them enough for a plane and ticket?

Date: February 25, 2018 01:26

Beast
GAFF

I got my ticket from the organization and there was no document number on it as she did not require passport info to provide the ticket. It took me two hours to get it sorted out cos they weren't gonna let me in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 02:33 by GAFF.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 25, 2018 01:56

I remember going to Barcelona with ID but I don't remember it being checked. Yikes - maybe this is a bad sign eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Date: February 25, 2018 02:27

Beast
I remember going to Barcelona with ID but I don't remember it being checked. Yikes - maybe this is a bad sign eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Nah it was just my bad luck but I still ended up right up against the end of the catwalk.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 25, 2018 03:23

I'm conflicted on whether I want the O2 in the line-up.
If they are, I may have to come to London for sure, in for the joy of seeing the band and some of you.
If not, I may not have to come to London, thus saving money I really don't have.

Hoping for the Lucky Dip option if so.

Soon, soon, we will know. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 25, 2018 08:16

angee
I'm conflicted on whether I want the O2 in the line-up.
If they are, I may have to come to London for sure, in for the joy of seeing the band and some of you.
If not, I may not have to come to London, thus saving money I really don't have.

Hoping for the Lucky Dip option if so.

Soon, soon, we will know. cool smiley

Hi Angee/Andee - "saving money I don't really have." Same here. I know that well. Were u in Paris? At the gathering at the Some Girls bar, there was one gal saying that her retirement funds were gone due to all the Stones touring she has done. I said "same here" and after hearing her admission, I didn't feel so bad.

Of course, it may have just gotten a little easier for me to justify myself and assuage my guilt over going on this tour as I just remembered the other day that a high school classmate (Christian Brothers High School in Sacramento, California), of all damn things, lives in Dublin! And, last time I talked to him, he invited me to come visit in Ireland! So I can save some money and justify my trip! And then go on to London for those 2 shows. How convenient!

Still haven't decided really. But the fun of a tour opener in a city where I have never been may b too much to resist.

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 09:06 by timbernardis.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 25, 2018 09:53

The veteran band is expected to reveal tomorrow that they’ll hit the stage in Edinburgh on June 9
[www.thescottishsun.co.uk]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 25, 2018 11:03

Interesting. There's room for at least one show between Edinburgh and Twickenham. And now that Edinburgh is after Manchester, there's room for a midweek show between London #2 and Manchester too.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 11:08

Topi
Interesting. There's room for at least one show between Edinburgh and Twickenham. And now that Edinburgh is after Manchester, there's room for a midweek show between London #2 and Manchester too.

My guess is Villa Park, Birmingham on June 12 or 13, followed by Cardiff on 16 June. With Southampton squeezed in on May 30.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2018 11:22

Murrayfield Stadium Edinburgh Sat Jun 9

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 25, 2018 11:28

StonesSmeth99
Topi

My guess is Villa Park, Birmingham on June 12 or 13, followed by Cardiff on 16 June. With Southampton squeezed in on May 30.

I don't think there will be a show every 100 miles. 3x London, 2x Manchester, Southampton, Birmingham, Cardiff - that's way too many shows, unless the prices are much lower than usual (which won't happen of course). It's like they had played 11 or 12 shows in Germany last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 11:40 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 12:09

Monsoon Ragoon
StonesSmeth99
Topi

I don't think there will be a show every 100 miles. 3x London, 2x Manchester, Southampton, Birmingham, Cardiff - that's way too many shows, unless the prices are much lower than usual (which won't happen of course). It's like they had played 11 or 12 shows in Germany last year.

The surprises are Birmingham and Southampton, and a '2nd' show at Old Trafford. But there's such a big population in a small space - someone somewhere has made a judgement that it can work.

I did a drive-by of the digital 'No Stopping' screen next to Manchester Arena last night and have to say, it was exciting...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 25, 2018 12:13

StonesSmeth99
Monsoon Ragoon
StonesSmeth99
Topi

The surprises are Birmingham and Southampton, and a '2nd' show at Old Trafford. But there's such a big population in a small space - someone somewhere has made a judgement that it can work.

I did a drive-by of the digital 'No Stopping' screen next to Manchester Arena last night and have to say, it was exciting...

Would be great for you guys over there, but is it realistic? That's many 100.000 tickets for prices from £100-150 onwards. I don't think they can sell out Manchester twice if they also play in Edinburgh and Birmingham.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 25, 2018 12:13

Looking forward to Edinburough. Spend Christmas and New Year with a Scottish girlfriend in 1980 in Edinburgh and it was great to be there. Happy memories. Maybe i will see her at the Stones gig???? Linda duncan, will you be there???
Jeroen

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 25, 2018 12:24

Could the Stones play Slane Castle again?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 12:30

austrianstones
any rumours or hints in birmingham itself ?

Was in the city centre yesterday, and I could not see any posters.

I work in the city centre and will have a look tomoorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 12:37 by odean73.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home