Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:48

Nate
Well I guess the cities that have had posters up this week will be announced and the other rumoured places will wait.

Nate

most likely you're right
That's Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Berlin, Marseille, Prague, Warsaw… ?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:50

grzegorz67
Tonstone
EDNBURGH ON A SATURDAY NIGHT !!!
The place to be for Atmosphere - Murrayfield will Rock again . The English Stones will be more than Welcome In Scotland. What a concert that proposes to be. If you Can't Rock us Nobody Will. Guy's if are travelling this is the one to be at.!!!. I promise you.

I 100% agree there Tonstone. The 1999 Show was a wild affair as I wrote above. I’ve seen the band 26 times since 1990 and that show tops the lot for crowd enthusiasm by a country mile. The band responded to the crowd in kind grinning smiley

Indeed grzegorz67. I too was there in 1999 and 1982 and these concerts will live with me forever. I have already had around 30 requests for tickets and accommodation. 1999 was crazy no pit tickets - if you were a fan and got there early you were as close as you could get. Saturday Night in Edinburgh is going to be electric !!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:52

grzegorz67
Tonstone
The place to be for Atmosphere - Murrayfield will Rock again . The English Stones will be more than Welcome In Scotland. What a concert that proposes to be. If you Can't Rock us Nobody Will. Guy's if are travelling this is the one to be at.!!!. I promise you.

I 100% agree there Tonstone. The 1999 Show was a wild affair as I wrote above. I’ve seen the band 26 times since 1990 and that show tops the lot for crowd enthusiasm by a country mile. The band responded to the crowd in kind grinning smiley

Really looking forward to this one as well.. even more so now!

Posted by: Aron ()
Date: February 25, 2018 22:56

jlowe
NORWAY/BELGIUM/PORTUGAL ...missing out again it seems.
Is there any reason for that? no appropriate accommodation?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:01

Rollin92
GAFF
Hope like hell London isn't on the no announce list. The fact they're the only shows on BV's list that don't show the venue is a little nerve wracking. Somehow I'll have to hang onto my sanity until 11:00 PST tonight.

I would bet my house that London will be announced tomorrow. I think Cardiff may be on the no announce list.

Twickenham 19th yes, I wouldn't bet 5 bob on the other two dates though.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:06

Aron
jlowe
NORWAY/BELGIUM/PORTUGAL ...missing out again it seems.
Is there any reason for that? no appropriate accommodation?

neither part of the UK nor places they didn't visit for a long time nor enough people to pay high ticket prices

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:18

If they announce Pompeii, that will be my cosmic sign *

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:26

syrel
For those non-Brits coming over for UK shows, the UK train system is INSANE but you can get cheaper/cheapish tickets. At least two things are worth knowing:

1) You should almost never need to buy a standard price off-peak ticket, you need to buy 'advance' tickets instead (though advance ticket are for specific trains so if you miss it you'd have to buy a new ticket). Advance tickets are released 12 weeks before the travel date, but sometimes not quite 12 weeks, sometimes 11.5 weeks ahead, sometimes 11...

2) It is often cheaper to 'split' the journey. So, for example, buying tickets from London to Wolverhampton, and Wolverhampton to Manchester can be half the price of buying a London to Manchester ticket, even though you actually stay on the same train (as I said, insane).

This is a good place to start looking for info
[www.seat61.com]

syrel

Thanks sweetie, this will be handy! Got your t-shirts ready?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:30

Tonstone
grzegorz67
Tonstone

Indeed grzegorz67. I too was there in 1999 and 1982 and these concerts will live with me forever. I have already had around 30 requests for tickets and accommodation. 1999 was crazy no pit tickets - if you were a fan and got there early you were as close as you could get. Saturday Night in Edinburgh is going to be electric !!

I was down at the front and slightly to the right, maybe 7 or 8 rows back. Mick came flying out of the trap like a racing greyhound at the start of that show. No cameras allowed or required as the memories have stayed with me too. However, I imagine that Playhouse Show in 1982 would have been even better - effectively a club show!

A few shots of the 99 show:

[www.alamy.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 23:40 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:30

SomeTorontoGirl

Not quite packed, but have about 20 hotel rooms reserved...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:40

syrel
SomeTorontoGirl

[Smile] Overachiever!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 23:43

syrel
SomeTorontoGirl

I can do all the rumoured UK shows apart from Edinburgh as day trips. And as I’m a Scot I can stay with family up there at short notice for that one grinning smiley

Date: February 25, 2018 23:59

Nate
Well I guess the cities that have had posters up this week will be announced and the other rumoured places will wait.

Nate
Not quite that cut and dry, I believe.
Even cities with the posters, the ones with second dates, (London, Manchester) are likely to see the first or second show kicked to the waiting list..

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 00:01

out of choice I'll be up early in the morning and hope to see a certain Irish city and date on the list

I'll get drunk the day I have my ticket with Havana moon playing in full

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 26, 2018 00:33

9 dates will be announced tomorrow morning, more to follow.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 26, 2018 00:47

chriseganstar
9 dates will be announced tomorrow morning, more to follow.

So I believe:
1. Dublin
2. London (one date - Twickenham?)
3. Manchester (one date)
4. Edinburgh
5. Berlin
6. Marseille
7. Stuttgart
8. Prague
9. Warsaw

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: February 26, 2018 01:05

Would love to do all the UK shows. I've figured out the trains from London on some recent trips. I'll be in London from 5/15 on and can easily fly to Dublin for cheap.

It's Only Rock and Roll
smileys with beer

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 26, 2018 01:18

Dublin: When is the diskussion about outdoor event licence today?
When will they publish the decision?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2018 01:20

MAF
Dublin: When is the diskussion about outdoor event licence today?
When will they publish the decision?

the residents committee doesnt make the decision on the licence. The city council does.

Think I read that the meeting is tomorrow.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 26, 2018 03:25

Can someone post the cities & dates that are known. I don’t want to skim read 100 plus pages. Thanks

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 26, 2018 03:30

Donnebr
Can someone post the cities & dates that are known. I don’t want to skim read 100 plus pages. Thanks

None are known, only rumored. We will all know when the official announcement is made today in Europe at 8:00AM CET.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 26, 2018 03:48

Thanks

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 26, 2018 04:22

We’ve got new press,
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Someone looking for this??

‘Cardiff's Principality Stadium on June 15.’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 04:23 by 35love.

Date: February 26, 2018 04:24

thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2018 04:36

London Stadium instead of 02? Meh.

Date: February 26, 2018 04:47

A stadium show is better than no show at all. Hope London Stadium gets two shows.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 26, 2018 04:50

It's the Daily Mail. They have no facts whatsoever.Why playCardiff on a friday when the weekend is free ?

sc uk

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 26, 2018 04:55

Gazza, maybe there’s a chance for O2 on the 25th?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 26, 2018 04:57

angee
Gazza, maybe there’s a chance for O2 on the 25th?

That would certainly sell better than two at the stadium.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 26, 2018 05:24

Gimme gigs The Rolling Stones hitting the road again for first UK tour in five years

Micky and Co. will perform in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff in May and June, and tickets for all five shows go on sale this Friday

EXCLUSIVE By Andy Halls TV Editor
26th February 2018

THE Rolling Stones are set to tour the UK for the first time in five years, The Sun can reveal.

Veteran rockers Keith Richards, 74, Mick Jagger, 74, Charlie Watts, 76, and 70-year-old Ronnie Wood will play five dates across the nation.

The band will kick off at West Ham’s London Stadium on May 22, followed by a concert at Old Trafford, Manchester, on June 5.

From there, they move on to Scotland and Edinburgh’s BT Murrayfield Stadium on June 9 before visiting Wales to play the Principality Stad­ium, Cardiff, on June 15. The Stones’ final UK date is at Twickenham on June 19, although they will also perform in Dublin, Germany, France, Poland and the Czech Republic.

The legendary band last played on home turf in Summer 2013. A gig on Glastonbury’s Pyramid Stage was followed by two shows at London’s Hyde Park in front of 65,000 fans.

Guitarist Keith said: “It’s such a joy to play with this band. There’s no stopping us — we’re only just ­getting started really.”

The latest tour, for which tickets go on sale on Friday, is Part Two of the ‘Stones — No Filter’ series.

Singer Mick said: “This part of the No Filter tour is really special for the Stones. We are looking forward to getting back on stage and playing to fans in the UK and Ireland.

“Its always exhilarating going to cities we haven’t played for quite a while — and also some new venues for us like Old Trafford and The London Stadium."

Ronnie said: “When I look out at the sea of people when we play, all I can see is smiles. It’s heart-warming and I’m glad we make people happy.

“Music makes me happy, and it makes them happy — it’s infectious.”

Drummer Charlie said: “The audience is the glue that keeps us tog­ether. The best and most satisfying moment is when you’re reaching the end of the show and they’re all going nuts.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home