Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:15

Nate
GAFF
This will be my first trip to London. Of course no one knows the venue til Monday, but is Stratford a good place to stay in general, easy to get to city center, O2 or London Stadium? Any help is greatly appreciated!

The Olympic stadium in London can be reached by train from St Pancras station in central London in ten minutes.There are too many great areas of London to mention but I would not want to stay in Stratford.I guess it depends what you want to do with your spare time as to where you might choose to stay.

Nate

So some are saying Stratford is easy to City Center and others make it sound not so good. At this point the price for a room is definitely affordable in Stratford but can anyone suggest another area that might make more sense? I don’t want to pay out the ass but don’t want to be in a dead zone area.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:17

What do you want to do with your spare time in London?

Nate

Date: February 23, 2018 23:26

Hang around the bands hotel, see the sights, drink, drink, drink, hang with other fans

Date: February 23, 2018 23:27

GAFF
Hang around the bands hotel, see the sights, drink, drink, drink, hang with other fans[/quote

Basically I want a little convenience should I need to jet to my room for a change of clothes, etc

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:29

GAFF
Nate
GAFF
This will be my first trip to London. Of course no one knows the venue til Monday, but is Stratford a good place to stay in general, easy to get to city center, O2 or London Stadium? Any help is greatly appreciated!

The Olympic stadium in London can be reached by train from St Pancras station in central London in ten minutes.There are too many great areas of London to mention but I would not want to stay in Stratford.I guess it depends what you want to do with your spare time as to where you might choose to stay.

Nate

So some are saying Stratford is easy to City Center and others make it sound not so good. At this point the price for a room is definitely affordable in Stratford but can anyone suggest another area that might make more sense? I don’t want to pay out the ass but don’t want to be in a dead zone area.

I would suggest St. Giles hotel at Bedford Avenue central London. Cheap rooms and easy access to "everything" London has to offer. It's very near Tottenham Court Road and central line to Stratford.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:34

GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

Stratford is one of the best reachable areas in London. You have Central Line, Jubilee Line, Trains from Liverpool Street Station. However, I was at Olympic Stadium for an AC DC concert some 2 years ago - it was a nightmare leaving the stadium. It took a very long time going from the Olympic Stadium to Stratford Train Station. Arriving a Stratford Train Station it was a nightmare finding a train / tube - so we walked home because it was faster. It that sense, Wembley Stadium is much better and better organized. By the way, we could not bring beers inside the stadium seating area - we had to drink it before !!!! What is that, never tried that before.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:35

GAFF

At this point the price for a room is definitely affordable in Stratford but can anyone suggest another area that might make more sense?

Maybe staying only for sleeping in (affordable) Stratford and otherwise traveling by the Tube through whole London ....

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:38

JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

I would suggest St. Giles hotel at Bedford Avenue central London. Cheap rooms and easy access to "everything" London has to offer. It's very near Tottenham Court Road and central line to Stratford.

paulywaul
The St Giles is a poxy, dreary, characterless, over-priced dump in "West End Shopping Central", i.e. near the junction of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road. People - use your brains, you can do a lot better !!!

Date: February 23, 2018 23:40

DeanGoodman
JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

paulywaul
The St Giles is a poxy, dreary, characterless, over-priced dump in "West End Shopping Central", i.e. near the junction of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road. People - use your brains, you can do a lot better !!!

So not even worthy of shit/shower/sleep? My time spent there will be minimal.

Date: February 23, 2018 23:43

DeanGoodman
JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

paulywaul

Well, i think It's a great location for a first time London visitor and cheap.

Date: February 23, 2018 23:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
DeanGoodman
JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

paulywaul

Well, i think It's a great location for a first time London visitor and cheap.

Yeah and I ain’t too proud to stay in a poxy hotel, as long as I’m a little closer to the action!

Date: February 23, 2018 23:49

GAFF
DeanGoodman
JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

paulywaul

I've stayed there many times and it's cheap with a great location. If you want a place to just "sleep" with easy access to central London and it's surroundings it's ok.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:49

If you like to party and don't mind considering remortgaging your house then head for the west end.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Date: February 23, 2018 23:50

JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
DeanGoodman
JumpinJeppeFlash
GAFF
Nate
GAFF

Nate

paulywaul

I've stayed there many times and it's cheap with a great location. If you want a place to just "sleep" with easy access to central London and it's surroundings it's ok.

Then that’s sorted! Poxy characterless shithole it is lol! Thanks all!

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 00:31

I wonder will all promoters do a 'stay tuned Monday morning massive announcement' type thing on there social media pages or will they put all down to the stones team ??? won't relax will I see Croke Park on that list

ps Metallica also have a tour announcement Monday !!!. Obv a separate tour

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 24, 2018 01:15

Why all this talk of Olympic Stadium ? There's lots of chatter about the o2 and it's available on those dates. Surely if the London dates were in a stadium at least one of them would be on the weekend of 26/27th May ?

My worry with the o2 option is that they go to all seating and Vegas type pricing, which saw most of the front blocks sold as packages. We are actually considering Lucky Dips for once.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 01:16 by straycatuk.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 24, 2018 02:37

GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

And I'm so proud of them!
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 24, 2018 02:47

waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2018 02:49

MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 24, 2018 03:01

Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

Yea - and I'm also proud to be a fan...

If you think about it - it's just incredible ...

Can't wait for those together nights here on IORR with the Scopes running and all the comments fall like rain!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 03:02 by waterrats.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 24, 2018 03:07

waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

Can't wait for those together nights here on IORR with the Scopes running and all the comments fall like rain!

...and also the fans at the shows and here!smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 24, 2018 03:07

waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

*what if they cut the WiFi? Will you still love the band on concert night when you’re here trying to get.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 24, 2018 05:41

35love
waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
waterrats
GOD - I LOVE THIS BAND!

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Yes! smileys with beer

*what if they cut the WiFi? Will you still love the band on concert night when you’re here trying to get.

Of course I will love the band the same.
I blame the slugs who are anti-scope/anti-live feed for cut WiFi, not The Stones
Mick and the band have no issues with people scoping/recording... unlike some scumbags.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 05:45 by Leonioid.

Date: February 24, 2018 06:13

It’s a very bold question, isn’t it, just who indeed controls the WiFi in the venues.... it’s over my head.

Date: February 24, 2018 06:25

35love
It’s a very bold question, isn’t it, just who indeed controls the WiFi in the venues.... it’s over my head.

On the Zipper tour almost every show had tons of scopes/feeds, but in the USA there are laws outlawing devices which block WiFi, so I don't think it is the band doing it. I don't know the laws in other countries, but when they played here there was not blocking.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 24, 2018 06:46

Leonioid
35love

On the Zipper tour almost every show had tons of scopes/feeds, but in the USA there are laws outlawing devices which block WiFi, so I don't think it is the band doing it. I don't know the laws in other countries, but when they played here there was not blocking.

The issue is typically just a lack of bandwidth. Blame the cellular carriers.

Date: February 24, 2018 07:14

daspyknows
Leonioid
35love

I am much too cynical for that.
The Zipper tour was incredible to follow with the scopes, have not missed.
However, last Falls Euro tour, indeed, it felt and seemed ‘power off’
Anyway, we shall see...

Date: February 24, 2018 07:14

daspyknows
Leonioid
35love

Shaking fist at cell carriers... and the curmudgeons

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 24, 2018 07:45

35love
daspyknows
Leonioid
35love

I am much too cynical for that.
The Zipper tour was incredible to follow with the scopes, have not missed.
However, last Falls Euro tour, indeed, it felt and seemed ‘power off’
Anyway, we shall see...

Most stadiums/festivals have issues. Arenas sometimes do. Doesn't matter if its the Rolling Stones, football games or any other similar event with 40K to 80K devices. I was at a festival 2 weeks ago. When the doors opened at 11AM plenty of bandwidth but by 9PM it was impossible to send or receive a text. Throughout the day it deteriorated, didn't just shut off.

Anyway, I am more interested in high quality audio than cell phone video. I am hoping tapers are able to navigate security to make good audio recordings and hoping the tour coincides with my trip so I can record a few myself. I need the tour announced soon before Delta is out of seats for frequent flier miles. Monday please.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 24, 2018 09:44

Nate
What do you want to do with your spare time in London?

Nate

Take the tube to Baker Street Station. Ignore the nearby tourist traps and walk into Regents Park. Walk by the Inner Circle and enjoy the "filet mignon" of the London parks as far as beauty and exclusivity goes.

Find an exit to the north and walk up to Primrose Hill, where they did the Between The Buttons photo sessions, and where Paul McCartney got the inspiration for Fool On the Hill. Enjoy the view of London from one of the few hills in the city.

Check out Camden Market, have an ale or two, get some fish'n'ships and feel the rock'n'roll vibe. Follow Regents Channel back over to Paddington, stroll down to Hyde Park and walk over to the north east part to Speakers Corner. If it is a Sunday then listen to all the speakers standing on a box with a crowd of anything from zero to many listerers, telling how they will solve all the problems in the world.

Walk down towards Hyde Park Corder and feel the Stones history in the park where they performed in 1969 and later on in 2013. Then walk through the Hyde Park from south east to noth west by the Serpentine and Kensington gardens, enjoy the people and the park.

Get over to Portobello Road and pass by Notting Hill. Move south to Sticky Fingers restaurant on the side street Phillimore Gardens off High Street Kensington, and see the stuff Bill Wyman put on display there. Meet and talk to other Stones fans there, and make sure you visit the toilets, because there is Stones stuff everywhere. Spend some time there and other fans will advice you for further explorations of the city. Have a great time in London!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 09:53 by bv.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home