Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 26, 2017 14:21

Just noticed Longbeach has been deactivated, did i miss something

Date: September 26, 2017 14:33

>Watching that clip of Keith was a little sad. It was like he was in a world of his own, thinking he was totally in the pocket, while the reality was very different.<

Anyone have a link to this clip of Keith playing ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 15:00 by stone4ever.

Date: September 26, 2017 14:36

stone4ever

Yeah, I saw that, too. Maybe there's a limit for in how many ways you can mock the Stones, and their fans, on a Stones fan board? I don't know..

It's sad anyway, and totally unnecessary of him, imo. He could start interesting discussions, and contribute with good stuff on this board when he wanted to.

Date: September 26, 2017 14:48

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Yeah, I saw that, too. Maybe there's a limit for in how many ways you can mock the Stones, and their fans, on a Stones fan board? I don't know..

It's sad anyway, and totally unnecessary of him, imo. He could start interesting discussions, and contribute with good stuff on this board when he wanted to.

I agree Dande, it is sad.

Well LB has a very dry wit about him, very sarcastic, that's part of his charm. I have never seen him verbally attack a poster or name call anyone. I think he loved the Stones up to about 73' LB is a bit older than many of us, that generation are not so keen on the more recent albums and tours.

Date: September 26, 2017 14:55

Bjorn
That new front picture of IORR where Ron and Keith have green faces...yeah, that´s understandable...

What do you mean, why is it understandable, sorry to be a pain, i just don't understand.

Date: September 26, 2017 14:58

stone4ever
Bjorn
That new front picture of IORR where Ron and Keith have green faces...yeah, that´s understandable...

What do you mean, why is it understandable, sorry to be a pain, i just don't understand.

I think he means «green», as in they play like beginners. However, it's obviously the light that makes them slightly yellow/green-ish smiling smiley

Date: September 26, 2017 15:01

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Bjorn

I think he means «green», as in they play like beginners. However, it's obviously the light that makes them slightly yellow/green-ish smiling smiley

Oh i see, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 15:02 by stone4ever.

Date: September 26, 2017 15:03

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Bjorn

Oh i see, thanks.

They're not so green, but they're feeling so fresh smiling smiley

Date: September 26, 2017 15:11

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Bjorn

Oh i see, thanks.

They're not so green, but they're feeling so fresh smiling smiley

Well, if they can't rock you nobody will. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 26, 2017 15:43

Long beach voted off the island?.....wow

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:09

What about Ronnie ? What does everybody think of how he is playing ?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:17

stone4ever

Did he leave?
I never read anything he wrote that was personal to anybody. Be a less interesting place without him.

Date: September 26, 2017 16:28

wonderboy
stone4ever

Did he leave?
I never read anything he wrote that was personal to anybody. Be a less interesting place without him.

I don't think if you leave you can deactivate yourself. Not sure really.

Date: September 26, 2017 16:30

TheGreek

I think Ronnie is paying as good as he has ever played.
Sure he might mess up the odd solo but so what, he is 70 and having the time of his life on stage

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:42

stone4ever

That means he was reported by other iorrians and then banned. Sad indeed.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 26, 2017 17:17

That's a shame. I really enjoyed his humor. I kept wondering if he was someone from a long time back under a different name on here. Well hopefully it is temporary. Cheers, LongBeach.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 26, 2017 17:32

stone4ever
TheGreek

Sure he might mess up the odd solo but so what, he is 70 and having the time of his life on stage

Ronnie is really good now. In the 90's and early 00's it often felt like he was was ''cruising'' through the show but in 2007 when Keith became a bit fragile he really stepped up his playing and has been consistently great since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 17:32 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: September 26, 2017 19:20

TheBlockbuster
stone4ever
TheGreek

Ronnie is really good now. In the 90's and early 00's it often felt like he was was ''cruising'' through the show but in 2007 when Keith became a bit fragile he really stepped up his playing and has been consistently great since.

Yes since finding sobriety many doors have opened for Ronnie, he obviously never gave himself the chance to be the man he had the potential to be while drinking.
Not all piss artists are poets, but drinking certainly suppressed the many gifts Ronnie has to display.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: September 26, 2017 19:39

I was in Hamburg and Lucca....
My theory - especially considering that clip where Keef tells Mick to F Off during Brown Sugar - is that Keef's hearing is going...Because he's absolutely fine on his own songs....

Date: September 26, 2017 20:14

raphph
I was in Hamburg and Lucca....
My theory - especially considering that clip where Keef tells Mick to F Off during Brown Sugar - is that Keef's hearing is going...Because he's absolutely fine on his own songs....

But like we said the other day, Pete Townsend from the who has had diminished hearing for decades and he plays better than ever.

Don't you think with Keith's money they would fit him with a discrete hearing devise so that he can hear the band. Its not like the Stones play at low volume, surely he can hear the band, otherwise why would he have good nights like in Zurich.

When your hearing starts to go the pitch that gets effected first is hearing people speak. There is not one recent event where Keith has been in an interview or a red carpet or film premier situation with noise all around him where he has needed an interviewer to repeat a question to him.

I honestly don't think keith is any more deaf than anyone else in the band or of equal age in general.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 20:23 by stone4ever.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:22

Sure there are other thread(s) re the boys Ed Sullivan appearance(s),but after seeing a clip on Twitter commemorating the 53rd anniversary of the first appearance, I thought I'd post it here as I think Keith's performance (even more than Mick's) is what hooked me. Remember it well.. the whole family parked in from of the old black and white tv to witness history!

Been hooked ever since.
Love Keith's moves in this clip..

[twitter.com]

Date: September 26, 2017 20:31

MisterDDDD
Sure there are other thread(s) re the boys Ed Sullivan appearance(s),but after seeing a clip on Twitter commemorating the 53rd anniversary of the first appearance, I thought I'd post it here as I think Keith's performance (even more than Mick's) is what hooked me. Remember it well.. the whole family parked in from of the old black and white tv to witness history!

Been hooked ever since.
Love Keith's moves in this clip..

[twitter.com]

thumbs up Oh my MisterDDDD you might be showing your age with this post winking smiley

It is a wonderful clip, one of the best from that era, its hard to believe the boys ever looked that young now sad smiley

Its amazing to think all these years later they are still exciting audiences to this day, only now audiences span so many generations, just unbelievable achievement on this scale.

I so wish the Stones would play Around And Around again live.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:49

No more LongBeach? WTF?!!!

confused smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:00

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Myself I am surprised to read such a comment, that is, "totally unnecessary of him". (And "Maybe there's a limit for in how many ways you can mock the Stones, and their fans, on a Stones fan board?") Well, maybe I don't read enough here, but from what I have read, I really wonder that there should be any need to deactivate LongBeach. I find it a loss for this forum.

LongBeach was the very poster that gave me cheering up response when I wrote a few posts in favour of Mick Jagger's recent release of two songs.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:02

Hairball

confused smiley

Yeah, when someone like LongBeach (intelligent, witty, amiable) gets banned, then you know it just isn't safe to post here any longer, at least not for a while. I think I'll take a break from this place myself. I'm getting that "walking on eggshells" feeling again that there's going to be another "purge". It happens periodically usually during tour time.

Not naming (handle) names, but there were one or two posters here, in this thread I think, who openly expressed hostility and disdain toward LongBeach in general, because they didn't understand his erudite black humor.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:08

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

I agree Dande, it is sad.

Well LB has a very dry wit about him, very sarcastic, that's part of his charm. I have never seen him verbally attack a poster or name call anyone. I think he loved the Stones up to about 73' LB is a bit older than many of us, that generation are not so keen on the more recent albums and tours.

Not sure if he was banned or not, but if so that's like deporting a citizen simply because they disagree with the current system and state of the union - voicing their displeasure in a peaceful and lighthearted manner. I don't recall him mocking fans or taking shots at anyone personally - his target of criticism was the band itself. Since when is having a differing opinion a crime? Perhaps I've jumped to conclusions and there were bigger issues I'm unaware of, but I don't think he ever meant anyone harm, and he added alot of insight from his personal perspective. Maybe the deactivation is just a temporary snafu and he will be back with all his guns a 'blazing... thumbs up

stonehearted
Hairball

confused smiley

Yeah, when someone like LongBeach (intelligent, witty, amiable) gets banned, then you know it just isn't safe to post here any longer, at least not for a while. I think I'll take a break from this place myself. I'm getting that "walking on eggshells" feeling again that there's going to be another "purge". It happens periodically usually during tour time.

Not naming (handle) names, but there were one or two posters here, in this thread I think, who openly expressed hostility and disdain toward LongBeach in general, because they didn't understand his erudite black humor.

Strange days..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 21:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:31

Cheers longbeach, really enjoyed your posts.

Date: September 26, 2017 21:31

I don't think you have jumped to any conclusions Hairball .

LB emailed me to say he cant understand why he cant get onto the site and said he was deactivated. I think he is a bit upset and asked me to say to everyone who liked him that it was a blast to be with us and that he will miss the place.
I disagreed with some of his views on the band but he was never personal or insulting to anyone here, i will really miss him.

I would also like to say that Longbeach is not the type of person to ask to come back, so if a mistake has been made in deactivating him, would it be possible to have him re-activated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 21:48 by stone4ever.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:42

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
MisterDDDD
OOps.. wrong thread.. winking smiley

Had the pleasure of meeting her at Lisa's concert before DT2..
The camera really doesn't do her justice. Gorgeous girl!!

I wonder why Lisa wanted out of the Stones, seems a strange decision this late in her career, perhaps there was things she had to do on her bucket list and time is running out for her as well as the Stones.

MisterDDDD, i owe you an apology, i had no idea you was such a dedicated Stones fan, i mean to go to the Fonda a gig just to hear it from outside is amazing.

I really enjoy your posts too, just a pity we got off on the wrong foot.

Thanks. My apologies as well.
While we disagree about much, I appreciate the passion you have for the band .. well, Keith anyway smoking smiley

I believe after the success of the documentary Twenty Feet from Stardom, Lisa decided if she was ever going to be able to achieve success on her own, that was the time. Was a thrill to be at her Indio gig where she passed the torch so to speak, to Sasha as they sang Wild Horses together.
[www.youtube.com]

I guess she wasn´t invited anymore, like Mick T. in 2015.
The official version: she decided to leave. Why should she quit the well payed job? Sasha is younger and hotter now, so Jagger changed them out...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:43

That's some cr@p..
Wonder if there was some post that aggravated the moderator that we are unaware of. Short of repeated violations/ warnings, this seems quite unjust.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home