Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 00:59

stone4ever
This is why its impossible to stay annoyed with you Longreach.

I'm fallin' down on the job; clearly I've got to up my annoyance game.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 01:10

Keith.
Do his best. Envy and sometimes pleasure. Some absences. Sometimes Keith of before.
Wobbly. Weakened.
Unpredictable. Inconstant.
Endearing.
Legend.
HUMAN.
My feeling.
Yes just my feeling.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 01:47 by powerage78.

Date: September 23, 2017 11:04

MileHigh
Does it really matter?

According to the people here YES. For me, not so much, as those solos function merely as a hello to the audience - rather than "I'm gonna rip this joint"-type solos. They are also marginally different. He was as much out of key in Zurich as he was in Hamburg.

Some of his other solos were good, though.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 23, 2017 12:03

Is this thread still here ?........yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 23, 2017 12:17

He was out of key in Zurich? Can you show me? A Youtube-clip, maybe? I want to know. I thought Keith was doing ok, but I could be wrong, of course!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 23, 2017 14:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 22:33 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2017 18:56

Looking forward to Keith's continuing upward spiral for this mini tour...
First night jitters are long over, he's shaken off most of the cobwebs, he's getting in his groove, ...will he continue to find his zone? Hope so!
As of right now, three shows down and only eleven to go...you can do it Keith!!!

Date: September 23, 2017 19:00

The Who’s Pete Townshend Announces One Year Sabbatical
Sep 22, 20177:57 am PDTBy Andy Kahn

[www.jambase.com]

The obvious problem for me working in The Who is that I am constantly playing music I wrote a long time ago – most of it over 35 years ago. I’m lucky in many ways, but there is little piece of me that has an unusually loud voice. When I’m on stage it sometimes says “…..you were so brilliant young Pete……”. At other times it says “…..when are we going to play something difficult…….?”

Don’t worry, I know I’m lucky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 19:01 by powerage78.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 23, 2017 19:08

Bjorn
He was out of key in Zurich? Can you show me? A Youtube-clip, maybe? I want to know. I thought Keith was doing ok, but I could be wrong, of course!

I would rather watch Keith play out of Key than watch Jeff Beck play his best solo ever.

Date: September 23, 2017 19:21

stone4ever
Bjorn

I would rather watch Keith play out of Key than watch Jeff Beck play his best solo ever.

One mans junk is another man's treasue...

I've seen Keith at his worst and Beck at his best, and if it came down to choosing - no brainer Jeff Beck is a mesmerizing virtuoso.
But why drag Jeff Beck in to this? He hasn't bothered anyone OR criticized Keith! Leave the man alone! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 19:22 by Hairball.

Date: September 23, 2017 19:32

Hairball
stone4ever
Bjorn

I've seen Keith at his worst and Beck at his best, and if it came down to choosing - no brainer Jeff Beck is a mesmerizing virtuoso.
But why drag Jeff Beck in to this? He hasn't bothered anyone OR criticized Keith! Leave the man alone! winking smiley

LOL Beck just came to mind, i could have thought of another so called best guitarist in the world like Clapton, but i happen to Love Clapton.

To my ears Beck sounds off key period. I can't stand the sound he makes, like you say 'One mans junk is another man's treasure'

One of the reasons i was so against Mick's solo career was his collaborations with Beck.

Hey Hairball answer me this, why is it OK to slag Keith off and rip him to pieces for 24 pages and counting on a Stones forum but not Jeff Beck. ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 19:35 by stone4ever.

Date: September 23, 2017 19:52

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Bjorn

LOL Beck just came to mind, i could have thought of another so called best guitarist in the world like Clapton, but i happen to Love Clapton.

To my ears Beck sounds off key period. I can't stand the sound he makes, like you say 'One mans junk is another man's treasure'

One of the reasons i was so against Mick's solo career was his collaborations with Beck.

Hey Hairball answer me this, why is it OK to slag Keith off and rip him to pieces for 24 pages and counting on a Stones forum but not Jeff Beck. ?

Of course its OK to slag off anyone you want to - hence the winky smiley face at the end of my post.
And this thread is filled with just as much positive as negative (your positive/defending of Keith posts alone probably account for that percentage) - not everyone is ripping Keith to pieces!
But now that I think of it, why was it OK to continuously rip Mick in the Getta Grip thread, but not OK for anyone to criticize Keith in this thread?
I recall a certain someone in that thread constantly proclaiming "freedom of speech"..."personal opinion"..."it's all subjective"...so why not now?

Date: September 23, 2017 20:17

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Bjorn

Of course its OK to slag off anyone you want to - hence the winky smiley face at the end of my post.
And this thread is filled with just as much positive as negative (your positive/defending of Keith posts alone probably account for that percentage) - not everyone is ripping Keith to pieces!
But now that I think of it, why was it OK to continuously rip Mick in the Getta Grip thread, but not OK for anyone to criticize Keith in this thread?
I recall a certain someone in that thread constantly proclaiming "freedom of speech"..."personal opinion"..."it's all subjective"...so why not now?

I always said i liked Gotta Get A Grip.

Its no secret i have never been a fan of Mick solo career, but after the Mick solo thread i became converted in a way, i started playing all his solo Albums and was surprised how much better they was than when i first played them and put them away in disgust lol.

At the end of the day though, i much prefer Mick playing and recording with Keith, it's called being a STONES FAN.

Some good come out of Mick's solo efforts though as we got two Keith solo tours and three Keith solo albums that would never have materialized. Everything is for a reason.

I just could not understand the timing of Mick putting energy into GGAG when all us Stones fans have been waiting so patiently for a new Stones album of originals.

It's starting to look like Mick and Keith fell out over GGAG, so yeah i'm not too impressed with it in that sense.

I really enjoyed a couple of the remixes though.

Not too sure why you want to bring all that up on a Keith bashing thread, think you might be stirring for a fight tonight winking smiley

I love how Keith has just about silenced all the Keith bashers, he will do even better tonight. This place is about to go really quiet. winking smiley

Anyway Hairball you are a good guy, one of the best on here and i'm sorry i brought Jeff Beck into this. As you said he didn't say anything negative about keith, i don't think he ever has.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 20:21 by stone4ever.

Date: September 23, 2017 20:29

stone4ever

Not too sure why you want to bring all that up on a Keith bashing thread, think you might be stirring for a fight tonight winking smiley

No I didn't really want to bring that all in this Keith guitar playing thread, nor am I stirring for fight lol!smiling smiley
Was just pointing out the fact they should all be open to criticism just as much as they should all open be to praise - it only seems fair!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 20:30 by Hairball.

Date: September 23, 2017 20:40

Hairball
stone4ever

No I didn't really want to bring that all in this Keith guitar playing thread, nor am I stirring for fight lol!smiling smiley
Was just pointing out the fact they should all be open to criticism just as much as they should all open be to praise - it only seems fair!!!

Yes i can be a bit hypercritical sometimes, i bang on about freedom of speech and say exactly what i want, and then get all upset when people lay into Keith.
I can't have it both ways, what come round goes round.
In all seriousness, i have learned a lot about myself since i have been posting on here. I'M A BIT OF A DICK AT TIMES as it turns out sad smiley

Date: September 23, 2017 21:11

Well...
Keith and his royal court which reinforces him in the golden age and his playing at the top at this time.

WHO to reassure him as to criticize him ?

Date: September 23, 2017 22:15

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

Yes i can be a bit hypercritical sometimes, i bang on about freedom of speech and say exactly what i want, and then get all upset when people lay into Keith.
I can't have it both ways, what come round goes round.
In all seriousness, i have learned a lot about myself since i have been posting on here. I'M A BIT OF A DICK AT TIMES as it turns out sad smiley

Ah don't fret, we can all be a dick at times... winking smiley ...Keith improved in Zurich, let's hope he can keep up with the rest of the team from here on out!!!

Date: September 23, 2017 23:41

OMG are you listening to the Stones in Lucca tonight, LSTNT, As Tears Go By In Italian, just beautiful. What a @#$%& band.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2017 00:13

SASHA! (still sounds Tina-esq to me )

Date: September 24, 2017 00:15

MisterDDDD
SASHA! (still sounds Tina-esq to me )

She's even looking a bit like her this tour.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2017 01:01

OOps.. wrong thread.. winking smiley

Had the pleasure of meeting her at Lisa's concert before DT2..
The camera really doesn't do her justice. Gorgeous girl!!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 03:09

Keith is Peyton Manning in his last 2 years Done!

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 24, 2017 15:09

potus43
Keith is Peyton Manning in his last 2 years Done!

I saw Mickey Mantle play in 1968, that was ugly, this is just as bad / sad.

Date: September 25, 2017 08:45

Well, Keith is alright smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 25, 2017 09:04

jumpingjackflash5
Well, Keith is alright smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

He looks good, but maybe too much posing rather than focusing on his playing.
Overall sounds like a butcher job from entire band, but the audio is poor quality so kind of hard to tell.
I'd be happy see them in small venue similar to what Dylan's been doing...and $100 would be the most I would pay.

Date: September 25, 2017 10:33

A nice call and response they get when Keith is falling out of the beat there, LOL grinning smiley

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 25, 2017 10:56

Trainwreck

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 25, 2017 11:42

DandelionPowderman
A nice call and response they get when Keith is falling out of the beat there, LOL grinning smiley

smiling smiley
Maybe they should keep it like that, it makes it more interesting.

Date: September 25, 2017 11:44

matxil
DandelionPowderman

smiling smiley
Maybe they should keep it like that, it makes it more interesting.

No tension – no roll, or something... winking smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 12:51

Ok, I have to say something real quick.. Great tour so far, I'm really enjoying it through the computer. Most everything they're playing sounds good to me. Zurich could be a new official live release. It was an exceptional show via all the youtube stuff. Thanks periscopers and tapers!

But what I'm wondering about is Keith's guitar/rig setup this tour. At first I thought it was the single coils he seems to have more of a taste for lately... whatever it is, his sound appears to be a little bit different. I don't think it's his playing so much as his sound.

I'm not complaining! He mostly sounds good to me, with a few flubs here and there, whatever, it's live music. But is Keith playing more through solid state amps on this tour than usual? I'm not hearing a lot of tube-warmth. It can be a chilly sound, with (at times) a piercing treble response. I think it mostly works - what Keith is doing on the guitar - and then there are other moments, when a kind-of-iciness leaps out of the sound intermittently...

Riffhards just said on another thread: something to the effect of: we may not be completely understanding what Keith is doing right now on the guitar. I agree with that. I think Keith is going in some wild new direction right now. It's very powerful and raw, and I like it. At times he seems like Bob Dylan playing one of those higher-register harmonica solos. It's like the John Wesley Harding album or something.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home