Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - August 2017
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 25, 2017 22:49

Might as well make another post that has nothing to do with rehearsals and adds nothing to the thread.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 25, 2017 22:55

HankM
Might as well make another post that has nothing to do with rehearsals and adds nothing to the thread.

People are probably getting bored and frustrated with the lack of information about the rehearsals but they will just have to wait and then in two weeks from now the Stones hit the stage

It's getting close now this is when the excitement starts to build spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-25 22:57 by Nate.

Date: August 25, 2017 23:00

Nate
HankM

People are probably getting bored and frustrated with the lack of information about the rehearsals but they will just have to wait and then in two weeks from now the Stones hit the stage

It's getting close now this is when the excitement starts to build spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

I am excited too ! and didn't want to be left out of the fun ! grinning smiley

15 days until opening night!!!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 25, 2017 23:19

paulywaul
schwonek
What's up? Couple weeks to go and no news from London?

What 'news' exactly are you expecting ? They arrive, plug in, play a s**tkicking version of Street Fightin' Man in open e tuning, decide it sounds OK, have a cup of tea ... and then f f f f f f f**k off back home again !

And no-one is there to witness any of it, which is precisely how it should be !

Well, for example: "I heard how they tried Stray Cat Blues four times. Sounded tight." They get a few million - each this tour. It is Ok if some folks are outside. They even let them in from time to time. Win win.
Thats news.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 25, 2017 23:26

In Hamburg they will rehearse - among others - Miss You, Tumbling Dice and Brown Sugar. That's for sure. The rarest song in the Hamburg concert will be Little T&A; never performed in town! And they may NOT play Angie. A Chuck Berry song is not too unlikely, but don't expect much more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-25 23:27 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 25, 2017 23:32

Monsoon Ragoon
In Hamburg they (…) may NOT play Angie.

right, they'll play Martin (Schulz) instead – hahhahahhahhahaaa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-25 23:32 by slewan.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 25, 2017 23:38

Where are they rehearsing?

Date: August 25, 2017 23:41

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

Or Scarlet, ha ha ha.

Date: August 25, 2017 23:46

Monsoon Ragoon
In Hamburg they will rehearse - among others - Miss You, Tumbling Dice and Brown Sugar. That's for sure. The rarest song in the Hamburg concert will be Little T&A; never performed in town! And they may NOT play Angie. A Chuck Berry song is not too unlikely, but don't expect much more.

Let's see. I'll keep that in mind smiling smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 26, 2017 00:14

"Stray Cat Blues" would be a not very exciting newcomer. It`s just a half known - half unknown song, like a lot of their songs. "All Down The Line" pops up every now and then, but it`s not a bold choice. The really obscure tracks, now THAT would be exciting.

Date: August 26, 2017 00:50

They will rehearse Gomper, definitely...
defdefinitely, they will dddefinitely rehearse Gomper... definitely

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 26, 2017 00:53

Well I think a blues song, maybe "Andrew's Blues"grinning smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 26, 2017 02:18

Maybe hush hush for security.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 26, 2017 09:20

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

At least Schulz gets the Blues :-)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 26, 2017 09:41

2120 S Michigan Avenue & Jiving Sister Fanny !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: August 26, 2017 11:43

paulywaul

Lovely choices thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 26, 2017 11:49

Whatever is said above, they'll just rehearse and what they'll play for the next run of shows will be like what they'll serve the regulars at the bar -- the "usual".

There will be the odd surprise or two, a reaction of elation by hard-core fans in the middle of the set, then the "Keith set" and the usual run of greatest hits and the typical complaints about how they could have made it "better", somehow ground-breaking, etc., if only they'd forgotten about Brown Sugar and the rest and just started with Sittin' On A Fence and ended with She Said Yeah, as if the whole world would be in total agreement. Because, naturally, if you only go to one show in your life, as the majority of Stones fans do over the years, well naturally you'd never want to hear the songs played live that you've been hearing all your life, like the ones from Hot Rocks. You'd instead want to just hear the songs you've never heard from the albums you've never bought, so that you'd never attend a Stones concert again. Because how could it ever get any better, after you've heard Gomper done live?

It's only Show Biz Roll, and we like it... up to a point.

Up to the band intros, right?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 26, 2017 12:49

Steinschlag
paulywaul

Lovely choices thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Thank you. Yes indeed, they are lovely choices, but unfortunately ... the chances of ever hearing the RS perform these sorts of gems live in what remains of their performing life, is a big fat zero ! Sigh ! sad smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 26, 2017 12:49

stonehearted
Whatever is said above, they'll just rehearse and what they'll play for the next run of shows will be like what they'll serve the regulars at the bar -- the "usual".

There will be the odd surprise or two, a reaction of elation by hard-core fans in the middle of the set, then the "Keith set" and the usual run of greatest hits and the typical complaints about how they could have made it "better", somehow ground-breaking, etc., if only they'd forgotten about Brown Sugar and the rest and just started with Sittin' On A Fence and ended with She Said Yeah, as if the whole world would be in total agreement. Because, naturally, if you only go to one show in your life, as the majority of Stones fans do over the years, well naturally you'd never want to hear the songs played live that you've been hearing all your life, like the ones from Hot Rocks. You'd instead want to just hear the songs you've never heard from the albums you've never bought, so that you'd never attend a Stones concert again. Because how could it ever get any better, after you've heard Gomper done live?

Unless you are there, then the whole night is great!!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 26, 2017 13:35

Perhaps they're rehearsing England Lost or gotta Get a Grip.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: August 26, 2017 14:03

Do we know which city they are rehearsing in ?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 26, 2017 14:10

EJM
Do we know which city they are rehearsing in ?

London

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: August 26, 2017 14:50

Ok

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 26, 2017 15:10

Rip This
Perhaps they're rehearsing England Lost or gotta Get a Grip.
Or she loves you..yeah yeah
Jeroen

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 26, 2017 23:34

My understanding is this will be a updated show with new set and wardrobe and I
would guess a new setlist. At least that was spoken of when the tickets were put on sale. Whatever the case, a big improvement for the hardcore fan would be to
drop some surprises into the last third of the set - which has traditionally contained the same warhorses for many years.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 27, 2017 00:27

Sweet dreams...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 27, 2017 07:34

"starting them early"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 27, 2017 08:44

stonehearted

Well sorry Stonehearted, but i'm not entirely sure your sentiments are right with this post.
Although i agree that songs you mention like She Said Yeah and Sitting On A Fence would go down terribly with the audience. Don't you think songs like Rock's Off, Bitch, Time Waits For No One, Coming Down Again, If You Can't Rock Me, Street Fighting Man, Crazy Mama, CYHMK, All About You, Sway, Nearness Of You, Factory Girl, Dead Flowers, Let It Bleed, Monkey Man, That's How Strong My Love Is, Let It Loose, and about 30 others i can't be bothered to mention, would make a welcome change from Miss You and YCAGWYW.

Added.
In fact the 17 song set list i have just listed would go down well with any Stones fan without a single Warhorse is sight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-27 09:04 by stone4ever.

Date: August 27, 2017 10:14

stone4ever
stonehearted

Well sorry Stonehearted, but i'm not entirely sure your sentiments are right with this post.
Although i agree that songs you mention like She Said Yeah and Sitting On A Fence would go down terribly with the audience. Don't you think songs like Rock's Off, Bitch, Time Waits For No One, Coming Down Again, If You Can't Rock Me, Street Fighting Man, Crazy Mama, CYHMK, All About You, Sway, Nearness Of You, Factory Girl, Dead Flowers, Let It Bleed, Monkey Man, That's How Strong My Love Is, Let It Loose, and about 30 others i can't be bothered to mention, would make a welcome change from Miss You and YCAGWYW.

Added.
In fact the 17 song set list i have just listed would go down well with any Stones fan without a single Warhorse is sight.

You're probably right. But they will play almost none of these tracks nevertheless. Instead you will get the 14 usual warhorses, 2 KR songs (hopefully not Slipping Away, Happy or BTMMR) and three random songs incl. one blues.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-27 13:04 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 27, 2017 12:58

Oh come on everybody! These guys are ancient and have abused their brains and bodies for decades. When I saw them last year in Mexico Keith couldn't remember how to start Happy, and Ronnie had to spend a few moments showing him.

I don't think we can expect them do play a bunch of 'rare' stuff. I think it's as much as they can do (I guess I'm thinking of KR mainly here) to give us a run through of their hits that they have played a million times.

But enjoy it! This is legendary music played by the very people that made it in the first place so many years ago. There is no feast that does not come to an end.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home