Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - August 2017
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 22, 2017 03:45

They only played four shows since Latin America and one of those was the private gig in Foxboro Massachusetts I am sure they are more Rusty than you think

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 22, 2017 04:08

What with the sad faces?? Come on!!! T Dice, Sympathy, Start Me Up and B S!!! I'll chop y'all two large ones each and then we're talking!!! Come on!!! It's SURELY the last time and I'm Mad 4 It!!! Booze an' pills and powders papa needs his medicine!!!

BRING IT ON!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 22, 2017 04:12

Come on come on come come on!!! Just hand the Little lass 10 grand and off she goes and then we're all alone with the boys on the big stage!!!!
Could we just get Comin' Down Again as a 1st?

smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 12:35

Bashlets
They only played four shows since Latin America and one of those was the private gig in Foxboro Massachusetts I am sure they are more Rusty than you think

I agree. No shows in nearly a year. I would strongly expect a warm up gig somewhere to knock off some rust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 20:33 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2017 20:01

Bashlets

If you include the other private show at the Bellagio Oct. 6, that would make it "five" shows.

Bellagio.
Desert Trip x 2.
Vegas.
Foxboro.

But since both private shows only consisted of 14 songs, and the Vegas show was slightly cut short because of Mick being sick (18 songs),
you could average it out and round it off to a total of 4 shows, and that would be closer to the truth.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 22, 2017 20:48

i'll have one of whatever madmax is having.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 22, 2017 21:10

Any news anyone??

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 22, 2017 21:20

flairville
Any news anyone??

Yes !!

I'm going to stalk them day and night, day in day out !!

I'm going to break into their hotels and their houses, take photographs of them brushing their teeth and putting on their pyjamas, getting up in the morning, having breakfast, going to the rehearsal studios, playing Jiving Sister Fanny, having coffee breaks, walking their dogs, I'm going to hack their mobile phones ........... and with all of this information, I'm going to post all the gruesome details on IORR and/or sell it to the Daily Mail !!

Apart from that, there isn't really any news !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: August 22, 2017 21:35

Paulywaul

Looking forward to these crucial updates

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 22, 2017 22:41

Just a thought, maybe they don't play many of their 60's songs is because they are owned by ABKCO and they don't want to pay royalties? I know they do play some but they mainly play ones released after leaving ABKCO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 22:47 by pgarof.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 23:44

paulywaul
flairville
Any news anyone??

Yes !!

I'm going to break into their hotels and their houses, take photographs of them brushing their teeth and putting on their pyjamas, getting up in the morning, having breakfast, going to the rehearsal studios, playing Jiving Sister Fanny, having coffee breaks, walking their dogs, I'm going to hack their mobile phones ........... and with all of this information, I'm going to post all the gruesome details on IORR and/or sell it to the Daily Mail !!

grinning smiley I had a good giggle at that Paul. I look forward to your updates then winking smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 22, 2017 23:56

MadMax
Come on come on come come on!!! Just hand the Little lass 10 grand and off she goes and then we're all alone with the boys on the big stage!!!!
Could we just get Comin' Down Again as a 1st?

smileys with beer

"-Slipped my tongue in someone else`s path", "..Where are all my friends?"

-Just from the top of my head.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 23, 2017 04:34

Photo posted earlier today by Bernard:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 23, 2017 04:56

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 23, 2017 08:53

Great! Seems like Ronnie finally picked up his guitar.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 23, 2017 09:37

grzegorz67
paulywaul
flairville
Any news anyone??

Yes !!

grinning smiley I had a good giggle at that Paul. I look forward to your updates then winking smiley

This is no laughing matter, I'll have you know !! Not knowing the colour of the stripes on a Rolling Stone's pyjamas will massively detract from being in the pit for three of their shows ....... !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 23, 2017 09:52

Cristiano Radtke
Photo posted earlier today by Bernard:

[www.facebook.com]

A picture is worth a thousand words winking smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 23, 2017 14:43

pgarof
Just a thought, maybe they don't play many of their 60's songs is because they are owned by ABKCO and they don't want to pay royalties? I know they do play some but they mainly play ones released after leaving ABKCO

confused smiley ABKCO era songs have made up at least half of the setlists on the last few tours. confused smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 23, 2017 15:01

Well that's not the reason then , just a thought

Date: August 23, 2017 15:50

pgarof
Well that's not the reason then , just a thought

The reason behind the sudden reluctance of including Chuck Berry-songs in the set is also interesting, imo..

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 23, 2017 17:00

They certainly don't do Chuck Berry justice when they have dusted one of his songs off over the last twenty years. It is interesting to speculate as to why that is. Keith played wonderfully with Chuck Berry for HAIL! HAIL! so what happened over the next decade? When they play Berry since 1997, they seem almost timid as if they're afraid to rip into the song. Admittedly, I think Mick in concert tends to act that way more to pace himself. He only really comes alive when they do a soul song or something like "Worried About You" from their own catalog. Why Keith and Ronnie should hesitate to tear into trading Chuck Berry riffs, I can't imagine. They seem reluctant when they play them as if they lack the confidence they can do them justice. Maybe it has to do with Keith's fingers and making sure he can get through a show. For me, I would rather they not extend the crowd-pleasing numbers and play more songs by cutting the performances down to four minutes or so. I would think that would be easier on his fingers as well, but I could be mistaken.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 23, 2017 17:17

Rocky Dijon
They certainly don't do Chuck Berry justice when they have dusted one of his songs off over the last twenty years. It is interesting to speculate as to why that is. Keith played wonderfully with Chuck Berry for HAIL! HAIL! so what happened over the next decade? When they play Berry since 1997, they seem almost timid as if they're afraid to rip into the song. Admittedly, I think Mick in concert tends to act that way more to pace himself. He only really comes alive when they do a soul song or something like "Worried About You" from their own catalog. Why Keith and Ronnie should hesitate to tear into trading Chuck Berry riffs, I can't imagine. They seem reluctant when they play them as if they lack the confidence they can do them justice. Maybe it has to do with Keith's fingers and making sure he can get through a show. For me, I would rather they not extend the crowd-pleasing numbers and play more songs by cutting the performances down to four minutes or so. I would think that would be easier on his fingers as well, but I could be mistaken.

[m.youtube.com]

I really like this version from 2012

Date: August 23, 2017 17:17

Rocky Dijon

This is the exception, though, and I thought this rendition was great.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 23, 2017 17:27

I would have to agree with you both. That was fantastic. If not quite El Mocambo, it is far and away better than I had expected.

Date: August 23, 2017 17:54

Ha! I didn't see Hockenheim's post (no visible embedded video) smiling smiley

EDIT: I see now that we posted them more or less simultaneously, he he thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 23, 2017 18:33

Dear Sir Michael Jagger:
Formally please requesting a photograph in regards to rehearsals No Filter.
Informally wondering:
About your custom made track pants.
Have you ever sang for the RS in the last...20 years, sitting on a stool?
Will you be wearing a cowboy hat this Fall?
Sincerely,
A fan

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: August 23, 2017 22:01

Just be thankful they are rehearsing. Starting the engines one more time. So be happy we get another chance at seeing the boys, even if it turns out to be a similar set list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-23 22:06 by mpj200.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 23, 2017 23:21

Mick just posted a picture from PorteAlegre South American tour 2016
I can't post pics but remember the torrential down pour
and Mick in the hat dancing thru, the boys bracing the gusts?
Guess there'll be no stool sitting from this man.
WHOO HOOOOO

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 23, 2017 23:37

35love
Mick just posted a picture from PorteAlegre South American tour 2016
I can't post pics but remember the torrential down pour
and Mick in the hat dancing thru, the boys bracing the gusts?
Guess there'll be no stool sitting from this man.
WHOO HOOOOO

I remember that torrential rain very well too. grinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 23, 2017 23:43

That is a fantastic photograph

Nate thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2707