Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones on DATELINE 09.09.05
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: September 9, 2005 09:38

There will be a segment about the Rolling Stones with Matt Lauer on "Dateline" tonight (Friday) at 9 PM (USA East Coast time). Some footage from this segment was shown on "The Today Show" this past Tuesday...looked very interesting.

It still kills me with all the publicity they've gotten (they're on TV three times this week), magazine covers, editorials, and great reviews for the tour and album that they're still not going to get to number one! Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen and Metallica routinely do. And no airplay. Aerosmith had a huge hit and tons of airplay for their last album...don't they appeal to a lot of the same audience?....what gives? I just don't understand it, I really don't.

Re: Rolling Stones on DATELINE 09.09.05
Posted by: Star ()
Date: September 9, 2005 10:27

I don't really care about number ones - we all know the Stones are the greatest without question.

"Laugh, I nearly died..."

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 9, 2005 13:07

What was the hit Aerosmith had from there last album?
The album rocked but i can't imagine that they scored a hit single with it.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: September 9, 2005 13:48

Their last album was filled with blues covers (including a strange version of You Gotta Move), but the hit from their last album with own material was "Jaded" - great song BTW.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: September 9, 2005 16:59

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Their last album was filled with blues covers
> (including a strange version of You Gotta Move),
> but the hit from their last album with own
> material was "Jaded" - great song BTW.

Hey Dandy- Aero version of YGM was strange? Really? I thought it was an extremely raw, uninhibited display of how you can take a rather slow moving, timeless piece and step it up with in your face guitars and vocals that really showed a side of Aerosmith (collectively) that I hadn't seen in a while. This version (YGM) sat in my MP3 for months and I think I still have ear damage as a result.

As to why Aerosmith seemingly gets more commercial (mainstream) play than the stones is beyond me. And I for one would like to see a #1 track and album from the Boys!

Date: September 9, 2005 17:04

<Hey Dandy- Aero version of YGM was strange? Really? I thought it was an extremely raw, uninhibited display of how you can take a rather slow moving, timeless piece and step it up with in your face guitars and vocals that really showed a side of Aerosmith (collectively) that I hadn't seen in a while.>

I meant strange, as in unorthodox, different etc. smiling smiley This version is almost a heavy-metal, Bo Diddley-kind of approach. It's experimental for sure, and it's OK. The highlight for me on "Bobo" is High Temperature, a brilliant blues number.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 9, 2005 17:15

I think it is because A'smnith more so than the Stones play the corporate game. With Keith the Stones still have a reserve of integrity LOL Tyler and Perry are shamless.
In some other thrwad someone mentioned that the Stones should have done like A'smith and released an album of covers. WTF!?! Serious? Stones WRITE the tunes that others cover! They have no need for that. That is what washed up people do.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: September 10, 2005 04:06

what happened to that tonight??? sorry to post this twice

Posted by: marston ()
Date: September 10, 2005 04:26

Are you sure Stones will be on Dateline? Show seems to be dedicated to Katrina victims. Not that that's a bad thing.

Greg

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 10, 2005 04:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:56 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: September 10, 2005 05:13

Dateline website has Stones slated for sunday night, not tonight.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 10, 2005 05:15

I thought Aerosmiths last album was awful, they should stick to what they do best, rock 'n' roll. They are NOT a blues band.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 10, 2005 08:00

how could you even mention Aerosmith in THIS site??? Most mediocre ban I heard in my life....posers,crap,they are nobody in the history of rock n'roll

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 10, 2005 14:14

They call Aerosmith "America's answer to the Stones"...

While it is clear they are HUGELY influenced by the Stones...they pale in comparison...they are just a neat rock band pretending to be special...but I don't blame em.

I'll tell ya' this...they are no J. Geils, & to me...that just proves how much luck & favortism plays a part in this business.

P.S. I'll give S. Tyler credit though for writing "Dream On" at...what was it...16? 17? That's like Chilton doing "The letter" at 16 (really, even better than this as the lyrics are exceedingly simple...but quite catchy)...I try to remember that when I see kids (under 30...like me) playing & singing...that they CAN be great & to not count them out (ie. Duane Allman...M. Taylor...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home