Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182
Current Page: 82 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:05

erikjjf
Pre-show music in Paris last night:

The Hives - ”Hate To Say I Told You So”
AC/DC - ”Highway To Hell”
Sly & The Family Stone - ”Dance To The Music”
Gary Clark Jr. - ”Don’t Owe You A Thang”
Steppenwolf - ”Born To Be Wild”
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - ”Crimson and Clover”
Aretha Franklin - ”Think”
Tame Impala - ”Elephant”
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - ”Spread Your Love”
The Dandy Warhols - ”Bohemian Like You”
Ram Jam - ”Black Betty”

Cool, thanks
Remember 2014. Lots of Amy W. And at least one (?) by Dwight Yokam.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 26, 2017 23:23

TE
erikjjf
Pre-show music in Paris last night:

The Hives - ”Hate To Say I Told You So”
AC/DC - ”Highway To Hell”
Sly & The Family Stone - ”Dance To The Music”
Gary Clark Jr. - ”Don’t Owe You A Thang”
Steppenwolf - ”Born To Be Wild”
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - ”Crimson and Clover”
Aretha Franklin - ”Think”
Tame Impala - ”Elephant”
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - ”Spread Your Love”
The Dandy Warhols - ”Bohemian Like You”
Ram Jam - ”Black Betty”

It was always the same tape.

also: Back In Black, Could You Be Loved?, Valerie

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 27, 2017 03:34

And after the show: "Exodus"

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: October 27, 2017 14:09

Well, today we all have to celebrate exactly six months since BV started this topic. It was April 27th:

The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 27, 2017 21:58

What a wonderful time... First dreams, rumours, hopes, then confirmations, announcements, plans, lucky dips, travel arrangements. Then reviews, video streams and pics and above all the joy to be with our favourite band.

Six months, 82 forum pages, 14 shows and unlimited good times and good memories.

Time to celebrate... And dreaming for more !
grizzly

Date: October 27, 2017 17:01

Was this the last Stones tour? Nobody knows.
Their best times are over. They are in the 70s now and still great. If they will tour again and again - almost two years then it's all over I guess.

Was this the last tour for me? At this moment I say: Yes. (Next year I may say...)
Beginning in 82 with six shows and now finishing with six shows on the No Filter tour. Enough travelling to several countries, enough time spent, enough money spent, enough shows seen (about 60), enough warhorses heard.
Maybe I will go to one or two shows in one city in Europe (with "regular" ticket prices). But then I don't wanna see the same show again. A new show, maybe a smaller venue, a blues show, songs of a good new album (can they finish one?) - what ever. Let's wait and see.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: October 27, 2017 19:03

TOUR Finances?
Any idea on how the costs of the tour breakdown, transportation, hotels,
stage, securiry, venue, support musicians.

The gross from 3 Paris shows with an average ticket price of $250 is $26 mil.
My guess is $4 mil each night for each Stone. Thoughts?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 27, 2017 20:38

leftbank
TOUR Finances?
Any idea on how the costs of the tour breakdown, transportation, hotels,
stage, securiry, venue, support musicians.

The gross from 3 Paris shows with an average ticket price of $250 is $26 mil.
My guess is $4 mil each night for each Stone. Thoughts?

The tour is always sold to a promoter who wants his money back from
the audience. The Stones get a guaranteed amount.

Date: October 27, 2017 21:33

Before the show in Hamburg there was a report about the big Stones money: They have earned 2.000.000.000 Euros since the tour in 89 (the first one with guaranteed amount) including all the merch etc. Because of their tricky organized companies, holdings and what so ever they only paid 2 % tax.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 5, 2017 01:11

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 5, 2017 03:36

Very good, thank you!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 5, 2017 12:13

35love

Very good, thank you!

Indeed - great! Thx for sharing, Christiano!
Looks like a pre-prod of an "extras"-bit on a concert-DVD (/-box) of some sorts...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 8, 2017 13:46

John Meglen On Stones $119M ‘No Filter’ Tour: 'Continues Finding the Sweet Spot'

11/07/2017
By: Ryan Borba

AP Photo / Michel Euler

The Rolling Stones weave a spell over the crowd at U Arena in Nanterre, France, Oct. 22.

The Rolling Stones’ No Filter European tour has been submitted in full to Pollstar, and reported 755,345 tickets sold over 14 stadium shows. Concerts West co-CEO John Meglen told Pollstar that Stones tours are very smooth operations.

“The leadership that you have from Joyce Smyth, their manager, it starts there and just works its way down the organization, to when we go to work it’s actually a pretty stress-free environment, as crazy as it sounds,” Meglen told Pollstar.

The Stones played 14 European shows from Sept. 9 to Oct. 25, kicking off at the Freilictbuhne Stadtpark in Hamburg, Germany, which sold 81,193 tickets and grossed $11.95 million. Other shows included Olympiastadion in Munich (72,639, $11.79 million), Red Bull Ring in Austria (95,004, $11.2 million), and Amsterdam Arena in the Netherlands Sept. 30, which sold 54,791 tickets and grossed $8.76 million.

The average tickets sold for the tour was 62,945, with an average gross of $9.99 million per event. The total U.S. gross for the tour is $119,957,677.

Meglen said the Stones team, starting with the Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie, is a well-oiled machine and despite the sheer size and numbers, everything runs smoothly.

“If you look through, you see this quality. You can’t just send anybody out there. You have to put the right people with the right artist,” said Meglen, who said he was going to enjoy some golf after finishing up four months of touring with the Stones, Roger Waters and Celine Dion – which ended just days apart.

The Concerts West / AEG Presents tour included co-promotes with local promoters including FKP Scorpio (Germany), Nova Music Entertainment (Austria), abc Production AG (Switzerland), D’Alessandro & Galli (Italy,) Doctor Music (Spain), EMA Telstar (Sweden), Inter Concerts (France) and Live Nation (Netherlands).

Meglen said he was pleased with how Stones ticketing went, striking a balance between making it affordable and not leaving money on the table.

“We continue to find the sweet spot,” Meglen said. “It’s not about how much can we charge, it’s about how can we find what these seats are worth.” Meglen added that he and his team get direct feedback from fans on the road and that pricing requires a personalized touch, "Otherwise, you're just treating artists like widgets, and you can't do that," he said.

“If a ticket is worth more than what we’re selling it for, somebody is going to figure that out and make some money there. Like I said, I just want it on our side of the fence. Believe me, I know we’re not getting all of it, but we’re getting a hell of a lot more than we were 10 or 15 years ago.”

The average ticket price for the whole tour in U.S. dollars was $158.

Average ticket prices from some of last year’s top tours of 2016 include Beyoncé ($114), Guns N' Roses ($111), Madonna ($216), Adele ($109) and Paul McCartney ($127), according to Pollstar. The average Stones ticket in 2016 cost $122.

“If you go and look at the average ticket prices based on the capacities, you go, ‘Huh, the average ticket price is pretty reasonable.’ There’s a blend here, you just have to find that space.” Meglen added that it keeps him and Concerts West co-CEO Paul Gongaware on their toes.

The ticket price also factors in the major production (See: Stones Production: 18 Hours To Pull It Down) and star power that only the Stones can match.

It’s also significantly less than their average for the band’s 2013 North American tour, which according to Pollstar was $287.

“We very much want to keep where and when they play special,” Meglen said. “It should be unique, we want to create besides an amazing show you’re talking about creating an amazing memory for people, so we want that to be really, really cool.”

[www.pollstar.com]

Date: November 8, 2017 14:26

<It’s also significantly less than their average for the band’s 2013 North American tour, which according to Pollstar was $287>

Should be framed in the «Ticket price complaints-thread» winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182
Current Page: 82 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home