Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: Chuck - The new Chuck Berry Album
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 23, 2017 00:58

CBII
rbk
CBII
rbk
Morello plays on "Big Boys." I'm guessing all of the guitar parts. The riffs are Chuck Berry 101 played to absolute perfection by, I assume, Morello. They're too clean and spot-on to be the Chuck in his eighties who essentially rambled through shows. The lead near the end is definitely Morello in that it has his sort of static, gunfire sort of feel.

I must respectfully correct you my friend. Everything coming from a 1978 ES-355, 1972 ES-345 or 1960 ES-345 were created and played by my dad. As previous and posted press releases said dad worked on this stuff for a very long time.

Its truth, it's real and that's fact (paraphrasing dad).

If so I GLADLY stand corrected! :-)

It's the real deal.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and condolences to you and your family.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 23, 2017 00:59

great work smiling smiley

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: March 23, 2017 01:08

keefriff99
CBII
rbk
CBII
rbk
Morello plays on "Big Boys." I'm guessing all of the guitar parts. The riffs are Chuck Berry 101 played to absolute perfection by, I assume, Morello. They're too clean and spot-on to be the Chuck in his eighties who essentially rambled through shows. The lead near the end is definitely Morello in that it has his sort of static, gunfire sort of feel.

I must respectfully correct you my friend. Everything coming from a 1978 ES-355, 1972 ES-345 or 1960 ES-345 were created and played by my dad. As previous and posted press releases said dad worked on this stuff for a very long time.

Its truth, it's real and that's fact (paraphrasing dad).

If so I GLADLY stand corrected! :-)

It's the real deal.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and condolences to you and your family.

Glad to be here. I haven't posted on the board for some time however, I saw some interesting things said and I thought it best to provide a bit of clarity.

CBII

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 23, 2017 01:29

CBII
Glad to be here. I haven't posted on the board for some time however, I saw some interesting things said and I thought it best to provide a bit of clarity.

Thanks so much for posting and clarifying.
Apologies for the rude posts earlier in the thread questioning the motives etc.
Some people seem to look for negatives in everything.

The new release, much like Bowies when he passed is helpful for fans grieving the loss, I believe. Condolences to you and your family.

Date: March 23, 2017 02:28

MisterDDDD
CBII

Thanks so much for posting and clarifying.
Apologies for the rude posts earlier in the thread questioning the motives etc.
Some people seem to look for negatives in everything.

The new release, much like Bowies when he passed is helpful for fans grieving the loss, I believe. Condolences to you and your family.

No apology needed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2017 02:52

CBII
Bare in mind man, the wheels were already rolling and my father famously always wanted to stick to the contract.

Knowing now that this has you and your families blessings (vs. being rushed out by a record company/promoter, etc.) is really all that matters.
Thanks for the clarification, and my deepest condolences CBII. Looking forward to hearing the album in it's entirety.

Date: March 23, 2017 03:50

Hairball
CBII
Bare in mind man, the wheels were already rolling and my father famously always wanted to stick to the contract.

Knowing now that this has you and your families blessings (vs. being rushed out by a record company/promoter, etc.) is really all that matters.
Thanks for the clarification, and my deepest condolences CBII. Looking forward to hearing the album in it's entirety.

Thank you and I understand your concerns. We let things proceed as planned because (and I'm quoting dad here)

"THAT'S HOW CHUCK BERRY PLAYS IT"

CBII

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 23, 2017 04:08

Buffalo sends many heartfelt condolences to the Berry family.

I noticed Fats Domino wears the same type of hat, is there any significance?

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 23, 2017 06:27

CBII
Hairball
CBII

Thank you and I understand your concerns. We let things proceed as planned because (and I'm quoting dad here)

All thanks and praise for Chuck Berry. Thank you, CBII, for your posts this week and over the years.

T@3

Date: March 23, 2017 08:45

Thank you for the info on Big Boys, CBII. My condolences to you and your family.

The track sounds great. It's rocking. Well done thumbs up

Date: March 23, 2017 17:50

I downloaded Big Boys yesterday from ITunes. I can't stop playing it. I find it fascinating and sad. Sad that he won't hear the accolades that this song deserves. Fascinated that the song is so good. Its better than anything on Rock-It. At least for this song the effort was 100% to produce something so good.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 23, 2017 18:01

Chuck Berry's Final Album: An In-Depth Preview

Read a track-by-track breakdown of the late icon's upcoming LP, from psychedelic rocker "She Still Loves You" to poignant ballad "Darlin'"

Read a track-by-track preview of 'CHUCK,' Chuck Berry's upcoming posthumous album and the first new full-length from the rock legend since 1979. Danny Clinch

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 23, 2017 20:45

I love it!
[www.vevo.com]
"When I was just a little boy like you
I wanted to do things the big boys do
Wherever they went you knew they wouldn't let me go
And I got suspicious and I wanted to know
I was bright in school but my future looked dim
'Cause the big boys wouldn't let me party with them
Yes, yes!
I didn't cry
Yes, yes!
And you know why
Yes, yes!
I knew when and what
Yes, yes!
No ifs, ands, or buts
I was looking for joy
Yes, yes, yes, yes
When I was little bitty boy
All of the big girls with their to
When I ask 'em what's happening, nobody knew
But when I found out where, what, when, and why
I didn't let a single week pass by
Till the school dance when I first met you
And I learned to party like the big boys do
Yes, yes!
I didn't cry
Yes, yes!
And you know why
Yes, yes!
I knew when and what
Yes, yes!
No ifs, ands, or buts
I was looking for joy
Yes, yes, yes, yes
When I was little bitty boy
If I would have known what makes a world go 'round
I would have known what goes up must come down
If you love me like I love you, Mademoiselle [?]
The girls want to stay and the boys want to play
So let's a-rock and roll till the break of boy
Yes, yes!
I didn't cry
Yes, yes!
And you know why
Yes, yes!
I knew when and what
Yes, yes
No ifs, ands, or buts
I was looking for joy
Yes, yes, yes, yes
When I was little bitty boy"

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 24, 2017 23:40

New Chuck Berry album is avalaible in HD for pre-order on Qobuz.
The track Big Boys is already available.

[www.qobuz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-24 23:41 by kowalski.

Posted by: PTownshend ()
Date: March 25, 2017 05:24

CBII
LeonidP
CBII

Sorry I am a little slow, just realized who you are -- I would also like to pass on my sympathies to you & your family! CB is a true legend as you certainly are aware, and I've been looking forward to this release since it was announced!

Thanks. We have been dealing with his passing hour by hour.

I send you all my best as well. take good care...

Chuck Berry. "Big Boys
Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: April 5, 2017 16:36

"YouTube new Big Boys.

Re: Chuck Berry. "Big Boys
Date: April 5, 2017 16:40

It's here in the new album thread.

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: April 5, 2017 16:48

Excuse me, I have not been paying attention.

Date: April 5, 2017 17:04

Idorh
Excuse me, I have not been paying attention.

No probs. There's more info in that thread - including info from his son, CBII about the album thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 5, 2017 20:18

Probably we need a new thread for this subject anyway, the new album/song.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: April 5, 2017 21:04

IT SOUNDS LIKE CHUCK JOINED THE STONES FOR "WHERE THE BOYS ALL GO".

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 6, 2017 01:47

New album cover:

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 27, 2017 04:15

Wonderful Woman, from Chuck's upcoming album:

Chuck Berry - Wonderful Woman

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 27, 2017 07:37

Wonderful Woman is the berries, better than Big Boys IMO!!!! Really good stuff with help from Gary Clark Jr.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 27, 2017 08:21

yes i agree; it rocks just fine; he's doing great. was this even recorded recently? We'll have to ask Chuck II, and I hope he's doing well; this must have been an intense time of deep grief and he's been handling it like a champ. Good on you Chuck!!! I only ask because he sounds virtal, a lot younger than just bent over and squeaking weakly....it moves...it grooves. his vocals make it...
He sounds good; the guitar and vokes sound fine. I'm digging it. Thanks for posting. The other cut I heard, Big Boys... wasn't straight I IV V like this strictly; at least I don't think so because it had some cool unexpected little changes in a section....Maybe it is just straight I V V progression but it sounds engaging and vital...
This is a very respectable way to say good bye imo.
I'm guessing that last solo is Gary Clark on this one in one of the solos toward the end? if that's the case. but most of it sounds like Chuck to me...I'm a little surprised it's this good. I like it. Listneing to Big Boy now and he sounds invigorated engaged and clear and it's quite beautiful...

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: April 27, 2017 09:27

CBII

I was hoping for a different approach to the album cover. Perhaps a Berry photo from recent years with his trade mark hat? There are some beautiful photos of Chuck from the past few years. Or a photo with his family? I love the photo on the cover of his autobiography, which I have two copies of. One completely worn out from taking it everywhere with me. smiling smiley

I can't wait to hear the album. I am in my 30's and Chuck is my favorite artist (apart from the Stones).

I lit a berry-shaped candle when I heard of his passing. What a treasure this man is!!! Can't stop listening to the 3 Chess masters set (3x4 CD's).

It's an honour to have Chuck's son here. I feel honoured to know that I can be a part of this thread together with you.

All my love goes out to the Berry family. Keep the fire burning, and take good care of his musical legacy.

Perhaps more unreleased material from the vaults?

I have a Stones guitar pick that that I wear around my neck. I got it from a Stones security guy about 10 years ago. I am not sure if Chuck had a custom made guitar pick, but if I had a pick he used that would be the only other pick I would wear next to Keith Richards' pick.

Date: April 27, 2017 10:23

It really sounds great! thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 27, 2017 10:55

So far two amazing songs. I feel a masterpiece is on the way. A real Rock and Roll record in the year 2017. Thank you Chuck Berry!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 27, 2017 13:10

I'm a bit surprised that after all these years (decades), he apparantly never got interested to add something new to his music. It's as if the last 50 years haven't happened. It's not as if I'd expect him to do hip-hop or electronic music - that would have been silly -, but I mean, rock-n-roll music has evolved since back then, right? But these songs might have been written 50 years ago.

Date: April 27, 2017 13:13

matxil
I'm a bit surprised that after all these years (decades), he apparantly never got interested to add something new to his music. It's as if the last 50 years haven't happened. It's not as if I'd expect him to do hip-hop or electronic music - that would have been silly -, but I mean, rock-n-roll music has evolved since back then, right? But these songs might have been written 50 years ago.

Perhaps he noticed what happened to the other ones who went that route, and how unsuccessful they were in trying to make «contemporary» music.

Then again, Chuck's biggest hit is still My Ding-A-Ling...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home