Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New live Chuck Leavell on iTunes w/Eric Church
Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: November 3, 2017 17:40

Eric Church just released a cover of Feat's Dixie Chicken featuring Chuck Leavell as part of his massive 90 song live itunes playlist. Great playing by Chuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQaAy_mRCA

EC played a different location/city specific cover song every night of the 61 show spring leg of the tour, some went well, some trainwrecked. Wish the Stones would try to pull that off like they did for "Bob Wills is Still the King".

***Please don't turn this in to a "hate on Chuck" or "modern country sucks" thread!!!

Re: OT: New live Chuck Leavell on iTunes w/Eric Church
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 7, 2017 04:00

Eric Church is good stuff!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 12, 2017 11:34

erbissell
Eric Church just released a cover of Feat's Dixie Chicken featuring Chuck Leavell as part of his massive 90 song live itunes playlist. Great playing by Chuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQaAy_mRCA

EC played a different location/city specific cover song every night of the 61 show spring leg of the tour, some went well, some trainwrecked. Wish the Stones would try to pull that off like they did for "Bob Wills is Still the King".

***Please don't turn this in to a "hate on Chuck" or "modern country sucks" thread!!!

Don't worry, I try to stay as kind and nice as possible, but this performance simply sucks. The band / groove is out of sync, what kind of stuff is the drummer on?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 12, 2017 15:22

plink plink plink

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 12, 2017 18:35

Eric Church is the real deal. Not like Aldean and the rest of that elevator country muzak

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: November 13, 2017 15:43

potus43
Eric Church is the real deal. Not like Aldean and the rest of that elevator country muzak
I don't "get" him

Date: November 13, 2017 15:52

It's falling apart..

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 13, 2017 16:34

Although I really like the fact that Garth Brooks gave this song (and thus Little Feat) a bit of public awareness back when he covered it in the 90's, casual musicians really don't need to attempt coving Little Feat material... At least they shouldn't try to sound like Little Feat when they do. In my opinion that's the only thing that made the Garth version work to the extent it did. He and his band basically played it straight. Church's band sounds like they were trying to get the "wobble" that Little Feat had (has?) and, at least to my ears, failed miserably. Chuck also missed the mark by a long shot in what I assume was his attempt to incorporate some of Billy Payne into his playing. My assessment: They should have covered Garth's version as at least they could have duplicated the notes and made it sound half decent. Trying to cover Little Feat without understanding how to correctly play the silence between the notes is... well... what you hear on the link above.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 13, 2017 16:37

I always thought this was a really badass performance from Eric and Lzzy Hale:

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home