Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28
OT: U2 stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 24, 2023 20:37

Initial dates for the Sphere Las Vegas residency have been announced - September 29 & 30 and October 5, 7 & 8.

[www.u2.com]

Re: OT: U2 stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2023 20:53

The Stones should have been the first to conquer this Sphere, though there are ongoing proposals (along with delays) for an identical version in London.
If it is eventually approved, it just might be ready in time for the Stones to have a residency there - health permitting.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 24, 2023 22:07

As much as I love The Stones I would have to say this is better tailored to a band like U2. Even better would be a young Pink Floyd.

Date: April 24, 2023 22:12

U2 Announces Fall Dates for First Concerts in Las Vegas’ Massive Sphere; The Edge Tells What to Expect From ‘Achtung Baby’-Based Shows

by Chris Willman
April 24, 2023

[variety.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 25, 2023 18:44

I understand they're touring without drummer Larry Mullen jr for the 1st time ever so not sure I'd be going even if it was nearby and I've seen them 9 times since 1987. Larry has a few health challenges to overcome. Just bumps and aches and pains with surgery needed. He is expected to recover, but clearly not in time to do those shows.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 25, 2023 21:36

Good article Bye Bye - thanks for sharing. The new Sphere venue really does sound and look pretty cool.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 27, 2023 07:05

grzegorz67
I understand they're touring without drummer Larry Mullen jr for the 1st time ever so not sure I'd be going even if it was nearby and I've seen them 9 times since 1987. Larry has a few health challenges to overcome. Just bumps and aches and pains with surgery needed. He is expected to recover, but clearly not in time to do those shows.

You misunderstand: they're not touring.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 28, 2023 17:48

grzegorz67

This is the official version.
Remember what Larry said about Vegas and aging 10 years ago :

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-28 17:49 by Massimo68.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 28, 2023 17:57

I put in for the verified fan sale. By the time I got in, prices were ridiculous. Not sure if they were resale or platinum seats. Needless to say, it was way too rich for me.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 29, 2023 15:50

GasLightStreet
grzegorz67

They’re playing live though, with one member missing.

Date: May 12, 2023 23:42

U2 has added 8 more shows to the 'U2:UV Achtung Baby Live At Sphere’ run - now up to 25.

[www.u2.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 15, 2023 00:56

Seems like anyone sitting in row 30 and back in the 100 level are subject to 'obstructed view' of the screen due to the balcony overhang.

TM is offering limited exchange and refunds, but it doesn't seem to be going over well with some fans, who were sent an email with this notification.

A U2 sh1t show? Who could have guessed? Can't wait for opening night.

[www.u2songs.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2023 01:58

Reminiscent of the overpriced Springsteen ticket fiasco.

As for this U2 shitshow, the seating overhang problem will also affect other shows at the Sphere in the future .
Not only are the visuals of the giant screens compromised in those sections, but the sound will probably also suffer.
Anytime you are sitting beneath an overhang, the sound can be muffled as if you're in a cave listening to the outside world.

Springsteen and U2 - showing the world what not to do.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 15, 2023 02:38

Buying tickets in the presale was a very cumbersome and tedious process.
You had to click on a date, twiddle your thumbs in the virtual waiting room,
and then all that would come up was either no tickets available or Platinum tickets for ~$1500. Repeat the process for each show. I think there are also separate links for General Admission Floor and Reserved Seating, thus doubling the amount of time spent jumping through hoops. I didn't buy anything.

Thanks for the link about the obstructed view seats. I'll avoid them.
I'll probably try again when the December shows go on sale but I won't pay Platinum prices.

Date: May 15, 2023 06:22

Massimo68
grzegorz67

This is the official version.
Remember what Larry said about Vegas and aging 10 years ago :

[www.youtube.com]

grzegorz67
I understand they're touring without drummer Larry Mullen jr for the 1st time ever...

How is that even a thing to say? They haven't announced a tour!

Fortunately for Larry U2 is not touring, it's just some shows in Vegas the end of September through 12-16-2023.

Date: May 15, 2023 06:23

grzegorz67
GasLightStreet
grzegorz67

They’re playing live though, with one member missing.

Make up your mind.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 15, 2023 17:10

mosthigh
Seems like anyone sitting in row 30 and back in the 100 level are subject to 'obstructed view' of the screen due to the balcony overhang.

TM is offering limited exchange and refunds, but it doesn't seem to be going over well with some fans, who were sent an email with this notification.

[www.u2songs.com]

But, every seat is "perfect" at this venue. Isn't that the point? I plan on going, but only interested in a a floor GA ticket. Pricey, but wtf? I can't take the cash with me when I go so spend it where I can enjoy it.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 15, 2023 18:13

daspyknows
mosthigh

[www.u2songs.com]

But, every seat is "perfect" at this venue. Isn't that the point? I plan on going, but only interested in a a floor GA ticket. Pricey, but wtf? I can't take the cash with me when I go so spend it where I can enjoy it.

thumbs up

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 11:19

U2 on a truck on Fremont Street in Vegas last night, for the recording of the video for the next single. (yes on a truck, like...)
Larry Mullen was there.
I hope that the band 'll be credited Blondie.

It's in the last part of this live transmission :

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 11:20 by Massimo68.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:15

Wow, song sounds pretty good. Hope it comes out official soon. Great to see Larry! Haven't been keeping up with the news, but I hope he's in the tour.

Date: September 29, 2023 21:33

Las Vegas residency starts tonight, September 29

New song - "Atomic City"

--

Bono & The Edge interviews

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 29, 2023 23:49

Reminds me of 'The Passenger' by Iggy Pop.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 29, 2023 23:58

This looks amazing - anyone going to this?

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 30, 2023 00:51

umakmehrd
This looks amazing - anyone going to this?

Yep! Just landed in Vegas an hour ago. Going tomorrow night.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 30, 2023 01:37

Awesome Tommy, looking forward to hearing your review !

Enjoy !!

Date: September 30, 2023 14:19

Saw some clips of the shows. Bit underwelmed to be honest. Looking forward to hear from people who were there. Also regarding to sound

Date: September 30, 2023 14:44

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

LARGE version
--
U2, Sphere review: this spectacular concert will change live entertainment forever

5/5 stars

The group opened Las Vegas's $2.4 billion high-tech venue with a show so utterly extraordinary it almost overwhelmed the band themselves

By Neil McCormick, Music Critic
30 September 2023

The Telegraph

--

U2 review – an utterly astonishing, admirably raw Vegas extravaganza

5/5 stars

Alexis Petridis
30 Sep 2023

The Guardian

--

U2 brings swagger, iconic songs to Sphere Las Vegas in jaw-dropping opening night concert

Melissa Ruggieri
Sept 30, 2023

USA Today

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: September 30, 2023 15:33

There are some songs with sparse visuals in the set, if you want to get a good impression of what the Sphere is capable of search for Zoo Station
Even better than the Real Thing
or
With or Without You
e. g.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 30, 2023 18:30

Another article from Billboard that popped up on my phone.

[www.billboard.com]

Boy, reading all these reviews about U2's opening night and the venue they are playing in has really piqued my interest. Sad that Larry isn't with them because that would have made this even more extraordinary. I saw U2 on the Zoo Tv tour in Canada in 1992 and I would put that show in the top ten of any concert I have ever been to. And now over 30 years later they are showcasing all the tunes from what is arguably one of their greatest albums- Achtung Baby at this new venue. I may have to figure out a way to get my ass to Vegas because this really sounds like a one of a kind event!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-30 19:06 by Sighunt.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 1, 2023 01:16

The venue looks amazing!

The band seems a little rusty but Im sure they will be locked in after playing a
few more.

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home