Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...500501502503504505506507508509510...LastNext
Current Page: 505 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 6, 2022 03:53

cool smiley

Date: March 6, 2022 03:57

bye bye johnny
From The Sun, March 5:

The source went on: “60 years at the top of their game is an incredible achievement, and this tour will be one to remember. It will be followed by a new album.

“Mick and Keith have recently been in Jamaica writing songs that they are now recording. So there is a lot to look forward to from the Stones in the months to come.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Hopefully the new album will be out after the tour and maybe with few bonus shows to promote it like they did with Blue and Lonesome after the Olé tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-06 03:59 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: March 6, 2022 04:00

mariano
cool smiley

+1cool smiley

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: March 6, 2022 04:14

bye bye johnny
From The Sun, March 5:

The source went on: “60 years at the top of their game is an incredible achievement, and this tour will be one to remember. It will be followed by a new album.

“Mick and Keith have recently been in Jamaica writing songs that they are now recording. So there is a lot to look forward to from the Stones in the months to come.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

". . . that they are now recording." ????

I thought they had already been recording, no?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2022 04:20

From the same article:

"Sources say the first UK date of the tour — which begins in July — will be at Liverpool’s Anfield stadium"

July? According to Bjornulf, the tour is to start in June -> Stones.
Considering The Sun is one of the most unreliable trashy tabloids on the planet, hard to take anything they publish seriously.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 6, 2022 06:38

KindaBlue
bye bye johnny
From The Sun, March 5:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

". . . that they are now recording." ????

I thought they had already been recording, no?

Yes.

However. That seems logical to question that in a way. But who knows. They could be finishing songs from as far back as the late 1996-97 BABYLON sessions, which does mean recording.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:24

Wait what they're still having to write songs for a new album? And releasing after a tour they wouldn't have used to promote it, hum...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2022 23:07

gotdablouse
Wait what they're still having to write songs for a new album? And releasing after a tour they wouldn't have used to promote it, hum...

Well, they have time since being 'locked away' to do things on their own, so who knows there might've been some gems they feel like working further..

- Doxa

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 7, 2022 01:13

Bjorn
And when Keith plays - these days - it doesn´t sound like Keith.

If it sounds like Keith these days, it’s Mick … winking smiley

bye bye johnny
From The Sun, March 5:

Mick and Keith have recently been in Jamaica writing songs that they are now recording. So there is a lot to look forward to from the Stones in the months to come.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

OK, that is, new album in Autumn the earliest (Xmas?).

M&K writing and recording songs? Still? Again? They must meanwhile have enough material for a triple CD. ... Maybe they are going for a quad?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 7, 2022 15:21

Other than Christmas I can't see a good reason to release a new album outside of a tour, what's going to be the incentive? They're generally (understandably) exhausted after a tour, Keith especially last year, Mick and Keith are annoyed with another even more than they usually are, etc...

If no album is announced this week the Jamaican sessions almost sound like an excuse they can peddle out when promoting the tour, "we're still creating, we just came up with some great stuff in Jamaica but won't have time to finish it before we start rehearsing, we'll work on it after the tour, blah, blah, blah..." rinse and repeat for the 2023 ego/cash grabber!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 7, 2022 16:12

gotdablouse
Other than Christmas I can't see a good reason to release a new album outside of a tour, what's going to be the incentive? They're generally (understandably) exhausted after a tour, Keith especially last year, Mick and Keith are annoyed with another even more than they usually are, etc...

If no album is announced this week the Jamaican sessions almost sound like an excuse they can peddle out when promoting the tour, "we're still creating, we just came up with some great stuff in Jamaica but won't have time to finish it before we start rehearsing, we'll work on it after the tour, blah, blah, blah..." rinse and repeat for the 2023 ego/cash grabber!

Yup! You've nailed it. I only listen to statements about this mythical new album now for my own amusement. If we were to believe all the 'we have great stuff just needing to be finished properly' stories, the band would have a box set of material preparing for release.

And what WILL we actually get? Maybe a new single. And this time it might even have more than one track. Unlike Ghost Town. If we are really lucky we might even get another compilation - a sort of Honk Plus - with 2-3 'bonus tracks' that failed to make the cut for Dirty Work. (That is if we can possibly get our minds around the fact that ANYTHING failed to make the cut for that train wreck of an album.) These lost treasures will have been overdubbed and scrubbed up to within an inch of their lives for official release.

And that will be our lot! Sixteen years later...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 16:16 by GerardHennessy.

Date: March 7, 2022 16:43

It has gotten comical. They've just been a working band, not a creative band.

Although they have released plenty of albums that didn't have a tour - SATANIC, BLEED, IORR, ER, U, DW and B&L - at this point I can't see the reason for releasing the new album because of Christmas when the new album release news should be reason enough.

They gonna change the damn name of the tour?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 7, 2022 16:46

Can't blame anyone for doubting the album will come along, but getting in a tizzy over what The Sun made up based on what they read in this very thread is plain silliness.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2022 16:56

505 pages - would any album be able to meet that great expectations?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 7, 2022 17:06

Stoneage
505 pages - would any album be able to meet that great expectations?
I can think of 4: Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Exile on Main Street, and Sticky Fingers. Some Girls might come close. cool smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 7, 2022 17:25

And the we will have another 500 pages complaining about it once released. Lol

Date: March 7, 2022 17:26

Rocky Dijon
Can't blame anyone for doubting the album will come along, but getting in a tizzy over what The Sun made up based on what they read in this very thread is plain silliness.

Waiting for the "it's now 505 pages of silliness" quips!

Kids born 6 years ago or whenever this thread started are now in 3rd grade or have graduated high skool. If those Stones don't get Rolling, well, I just might get offended.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 7, 2022 17:55

GasLightStreet
Kids born 6 years ago or whenever this thread started are now in 3rd grade or have graduated high skool.

The good thing is, once the kids are at university they can write their theses about this thread. And depending how long the boys will still take to release the album, several generations of kids might do so.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:01

But that's a comforting thought. Then we are sure that even after we are gone, this thread will be continued. Even hundreds of years from now people will still wait for that mythical new Stones album! hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 19:05 by GJV.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:22

GJV
Even hundreds of years from now people will still wait for that mythical new Stones album! hot smiley

Very true, except for the fact that in hundreds of years from now, Keith will have to promote it as a solo album, as he'll be the only Stone still around.....

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:49

Not promoting... still working on those three dynamite riffs.

Date: March 7, 2022 20:51

GJV
But that's a comforting thought. Then we are sure that even after we are gone, this thread will be continued. Even hundreds of years from now people will still wait for that mythical new Stones album! hot smiley

Love that thought! Three hundred years from now my 80yo great great great grandson will be reading about someone somewhere putting the finishing touches to The Stones no-longer-mythical final album. Now entitled Butt Off..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 7, 2022 21:05

I recall a few years ago when Chuck Leavell's wife mentioned a recording session for the "new" Stones album, and some people here were convinced the album was imminent - "if Chuck's wife says so, then it's true"!.
Maybe she'll give another statement regarding the status of the album which could then add 100 more pages of speculation. Her words are more trustworthy than the Sun, but ultimately she doesn't know too much.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 7, 2022 22:17

I’ve become more or less indifferent to the prospect of a new album at this point. But what I’ve really tired of hearing about is the notion of holding material back to take advantage of Christmas sales - as if major artists don’t release new albums the other 11 months of the year. Or that the Stones are in a unique position to cash in on music consumers in the month of December. Enough already.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2022 22:57

MelBelli
I’ve become more or less indifferent to the prospect of a new album at this point. But what I’ve really tired of hearing about is the notion of holding material back to take advantage of Christmas sales - as if major artists don’t release new albums the other 11 months of the year. Or that the Stones are in a unique position to cash in on music consumers in the month of December. Enough already.

They could always 'double dip', do a release within the next few months, and then a 'deluxe version' in November.

I seem to remember how they did that with ABB. You buy the album, and then you have to buy it again to get Under the Radar, I Don't Wanna Go Home - or whatever it was called'. Was there some video with that too? Can't recall.

Anyway, if there is a way to get blood from a 'stone', they'll figure it out!

Date: March 7, 2022 23:04

MelBelli

Excellent point. In fact I think that, were The Stones to hold back an album until Christmas - assuming there was one of course - it may well sink without much of a splash. Swamped by the usual deluge of bilge that hits the shops every Christmas.

A sad fact is that The Stones are no longer big sellers. Despite considerable publicity the sales of the revamped Tattoo You set were a major anti-climax. It achieved a single week chart run in both the US and UK album charts. Compare that with the multi-week chart run, in the same two territories, for the Beatles Let It Be reissue.

I think the clearly diminishing sales potential of The Stones is not lost on either Mick or Keith. They may well think any new album is simply not worth the effort. Hot Rocks continues to sell well, re-entering both the US and UK charts at regular intervals. Tours draw big crowds, and 90% of the assembled multitudes only want to hear warhorses.

Sad, but true...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:14

GerardHennessy
gotdablouse

Yup! You've nailed it. I only listen to statements about this mythical new album now for my own amusement. If we were to believe all the 'we have great stuff just needing to be finished properly' stories, the band would have a box set of material preparing for release.

And what WILL we actually get? Maybe a new single. And this time it might even have more than one track. Unlike Ghost Town. If we are really lucky we might even get another compilation - a sort of Honk Plus - with 2-3 'bonus tracks' that failed to make the cut for Dirty Work. (That is if we can possibly get our minds around the fact that ANYTHING failed to make the cut for that train wreck of an album.) These lost treasures will have been overdubbed and scrubbed up to within an inch of their lives for official release.

i know your joking

but i personally would love to have finished up versions of strictly memphis, deep love, crushed pearls, what am i gonna do with your love, putty in your hands, treat me like a fool and hell even victor hugo (that is if "brenda" dosen't mind)

and to be honest most the track i just mentioned would have greatly improved dirty work if they where included on the album

in fact if they released those 7 tracks with 7 good tracks left off undercover as a standalone album

they would have (at least to me) a pretty good album by modern stones standards

it could be released by them as way of holding us over until they finish the new album like blue & lonesome (except call this one crushed pearls)

Date: March 8, 2022 01:01

ProfessorWolf
GerardHennessy
gotdablouse

i know your joking

but i personally would love to have finished up versions of strictly memphis, deep love, crushed pearls, what am i gonna do with your love, putty in your hands, treat me like a fool and hell even victor hugo (that is if "brenda" dosen't mind)

and to be honest most the track i just mentioned would have greatly improved dirty work if they where included on the album

in fact if they released those 7 tracks with 7 good tracks left off undercover as a standalone album

it could be released by them as way of holding us over until they finish the new album like blue & lonesome (except call this one crushed pearls)

Fair point my friend. I'd be very glad to be proved wrong, and you to be proved right. Your knowledge of the unused material for Dirty work is most impressive, and clearly things that were left on the cutting room floor surpass the much of the material that was actually used.

And Crushed Pearls makes an excellent title too...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2022 02:29

ProfessorWolf
GerardHennessy
gotdablouse

i know your joking

I'd strongly recommend to keep their hands off "Crushed Pearls" if they're attempting to improve DW - it's just Keith mumbling a few words over mid-tempo guitar riffing in search of something, and I hear nothing that even resembles any potential. Must be one of the most boring Stones outtakes ever (along with this 20 minutes of nothing "Keep It Cool"!).

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: March 8, 2022 04:01

I think the clearly diminishing sales potential of The Stones is not lost on either Mick or Keith. They may well think any new album is simply not worth the effort. Hot Rocks continues to sell well, re-entering both the US and UK charts at regular intervals. Tours draw big crowds, and 90% of the assembled multitudes only want to hear warhorses.

Sad, but true...

I now think this is true.

I doubt we see an album of "new" songs.

They have had many years of this ongoing tour and if an album was coming it would have been out already.

At best, a new song on a compilation, like GRRRRRRR........

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...500501502503504505506507508509510...LastNext
Current Page: 505 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home