Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145...LastNext
Current Page: 140 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:27

If the new album will not be released until the next christmas season (at least), there's no reason to keep talking about nothing EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The new album is not a priority for them and it won't be either, it will be done, eventually, but no one is holding their breath, not the record company and not the band itself.

The new album is not necessary for a tour or promotion, no radio station will play their new song, they won't tour behind a new album either, there's no room for it on their setlists except for 1 or 2 tracks.

We'll get a new album of new songs, that's 100% guaranteed, it will be on 2018 or 2019, not more than that.

Keith's latest album took 4 years to be ready (2011-2015), so with the first session on December 2015, the schedule is correct.

We already got an album from the current sessions, so 2 NEW albums in 3-4 years span is not bad at all.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:31

Thanks, georgelicks.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:34

georgelicks
If the new album will not be released until the next christmas season (at least), there's no reason to keep talking about nothing EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The new album is not a priority for them and it won't be either, it will be done, eventually, but no one is holding their breath, not the record company and not the band itself.

The new album is not necessary for a tour or promotion, no radio station will play their new song, they won't tour behind a new album either, there's no room for it on their setlists except for 1 or 2 tracks.

We'll get a new album of new songs, that's 100% guaranteed, it will be on 2018 or 2019, not more than that.

Keith's latest album took 4 years to be ready (2011-2015), so with the first session on December 2015, the schedule is correct.

We already got an album from the current sessions, so 2 NEW albums in 3-4 years span is not bad at all.

Nothing new on the next compilation album?

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:43

georgelicks

...and "blue and lonesome" is still selling well..

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:45

georgelicks

Always appreciate your voice George, thank you and looking forward to the next post whenever it comes.....thumbs up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:12

Rocky Dijon
doitywoik
New schedule: Still Hard > No Stopping > Die Hard? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

So there's no confusion, the title STILL HARD was a joke.

I know, I was joking too. I thought this would give a funny sequence ...

Date: February 27, 2018 00:17

GasLightStreet
STILL LIFE was released prior to the 1982 tour.

Very shortly prior to it, the way I remember, at least in Austria. Just in time to make you hungry for the tickets, which went on sale shortly thereafter. At any rate, STILL LIFE was of good service in getting a friend of mine convinced he has to see the Stones, too. The actual concert I remember as not so great.

Date: February 27, 2018 00:19

GasLightStreet
André Homan needs some geography lessons, since the T&C are not in the Caribbean.

Maybe his T&A are? grinning smiley

Re: Another Stones studio album in 20i8
Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:39

Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2018 03:14

Harry
Once they have toured behind a live album: No security tour

That argument is so page 136, Harry!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 03:17 by Gazza.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 04:10

In Keith's own words....

....Slipping Away..y..y..y..y

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

I will be long gone, dead and buried, before The Stones record company releases, posthumously for them too I suggest, their last "recordings", tidied up by some new trendy producer. There will be the announcement that The Stones themselves would have liked what Fred Bloggs (the new trendy producer) has done with this box of tapes found in one of Jagger's attics. And - wow - "there are boxes and boxes of tapes, The Stones were so prolific back in the day - we'll get them all out to the fans!" ....

Pity WE'LL all be gone too by the time that happens.

Rod

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: February 27, 2018 04:55

Boo.

Disappointing news. I want new material and am always hoping that there will be a positive tidbit of news on that front. I kept hoping that the new tour would tie into the new album. Unfortunately the tour is just an extension of the last one and a new record is not a priority anymore.

I'm sad to find out that it's on the back burner at best.

Re: Another Stones studio album in 20i8
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 05:32

bam
Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.

or just "Another Stones Studio Album????????"

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:30

It might be unrealistic to be speculating this, but it would be FANTASTIC if during the first show of No Filter '18, Mick says:

"We'd like to play something new for you that hasn't even been properly recorded yet, nor does it have a title, so for now we'll just call it 'NO STOPPING'.

Keith steps up to center stage and blasts out a riff that becomes instantly iconic the moment he plays it.

Of course that would never happen, but if it did it would be satisfying for so many fans!

Date: February 27, 2018 09:31

A new rock reggae tune........

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:50

georgelicks

With respect (as always) .. but yeah ... we know the new album is not a priority .. Seems it never has been... thats the problem. It doesn't even seem like it is on their list much? Everything else is a priority to them though .. touring .. etc.

Not understanding why they are not putting much effort into recording (as they do so many other 'band' things ... things that also take time). I am begging to suspect the material may not be going anywhere quality wise? Hmmmm?

I dont count Blue & Lonesome as a studio album entirely? How could i? Besides we got that as a tiding us over until they came out with the new originals album as I understood it... no? We actually wanted the album then but we got that instead... on the premise that the new studio album was to come not too terribly long after. Right? Here we are.. like a year and a half later and they are planning another tour, with no release date of the album, and people telling us to chill .. we will get it some time .. Could be a year.. could be in another three is how I am taking it. I mean ... What kind of attitude is that from them anyway? ... Lol. How bout a little work on it .. I mean dayyyum.

I know none of it has anything to do with your direction and all but I cant see how you act as if their studio reluctance is understandable and not seeing how this whole album thing almost seems like nothing more than a bluff by them .. at times.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 09:56 by IanBillen.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:57

We have more chance to get a Brian Jones album than a new record before the tour, isn't it!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:44

jahisnotdead
Boo.

Disappointing news. I want new material and am always hoping that there will be a positive tidbit of news on that front. I kept hoping that the new tour would tie into the new album. Unfortunately the tour is just an extension of the last one and a new record is not a priority anymore.

I'm sad to find out that it's on the back burner at best.

I think somewhere on page 50 of this thread, I compared this thread to children who expect a Ferrari for christmas and then get disappointed if it doesn't happen...

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:47

georgelicks

Yes there is. I remember the thread about Mick Taylor which ran into well 200 pages, and that was 40 years after he left. Some guys here can singlehandedly fill a 100 pages about why people are very unfair to Mick Jagger. It's the reason why this forum exists: we haven't had a decent album in 40 years so meanwhile we can discuss the odd note at minute 1.46 in I Am Waiting.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:51

Gazza
Harry
Once they have toured behind a live album: No security tour

That argument is so page 136, Harry!

Yeah, you are right. So much stuff here that you sometimes miss something.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 27, 2018 12:40

140 pages of what is called in the USA of "shooting the shit"; nothing wrong with it.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:28

IanBillen
georgelicks

With respect (as always) .. but yeah ... we know the new album is not a priority .. Seems it never has been... thats the problem. It doesn't even seem like it is on their list much? Everything else is a priority to them though .. touring .. etc.

Not understanding why they are not putting much effort into recording (as they do so many other 'band' things ... things that also take time). I am begging to suspect the material may not be going anywhere quality wise? Hmmmm?

I dont count Blue & Lonesome as a studio album entirely? How could i? Besides we got that as a tiding us over until they came out with the new originals album as I understood it... no? We actually wanted the album then but we got that instead... on the premise that the new studio album was to come not too terribly long after. Right? Here we are.. like a year and a half later and they are planning another tour, with no release date of the album, and people telling us to chill .. we will get it some time .. Could be a year.. could be in another three is how I am taking it. I mean ... What kind of attitude is that from them anyway? ... Lol. How bout a little work on it .. I mean dayyyum.

I know none of it has anything to do with your direction and all but I cant see how you act as if their studio reluctance is understandable and not seeing how this whole album thing almost seems like nothing more than a bluff by them .. at times.

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 27, 2018 16:52

35love
Hairball
I'm pretty sure Gaslight is referring to imagery from Tattoo You for the 1981 US tour (specific to San Francisco - tickets, promotion, etc).
Songs from Tattoo You played at L.A. Coliseum, 1981

(Both Oct. 9 and 11)

Black Limousine
Waiting on a Friend
Little T&A
Hang Fire
Start Me Up

Oh.
Got links? ;-)
That’s okay.
Sorry Mega memory Dijon. Still, ‘Tops’ has THE MOST RS HOLY GRAIL LIFE.
Sorry, it’s my favorite grinning smiley

Hairball, I wish I had an answer for you as to why 35love didn't understand any of what the point was but you certainly understood.

Did I not explain it good enough?

Date: February 27, 2018 16:54

Hairball
Whale
Unpinned. sad smiley
Is there no hope left?

This isn't the first time this thread has been unpinned, yet somehow it has a life of it's own and will never die until there's a new album!

As Rocky will completely understand, this thread has returned to being pre-pinned.

Date: February 27, 2018 16:55

doitywoik
GasLightStreet
STILL LIFE was released prior to the 1982 tour.

Very shortly prior to it, the way I remember, at least in Austria. Just in time to make you hungry for the tickets, which went on sale shortly thereafter. At any rate, STILL LIFE was of good service in getting a friend of mine convinced he has to see the Stones, too. The actual concert I remember as not so great.

The day before the tour started.

Date: February 27, 2018 16:59

(It's not over until album gets released...)

Watch
From Kanye's comeback to the new crop of boy bands and the death of ticket bots

LOAD PREVIOUS
Stones in the Studio
Michael Campanella/Getty Images
By Elias Leight, Brittany Spanos, Patrick Doyle, Andy Greene, Steve Knopper
January 4, 2018
Stones in the Studio
2018 might finally be the year for the Rolling Stones' long-promised follow-up to 2005's A Bigger Bang. Keith Richards recently said the band is readying "a really good original album," which was put on pause for 2016's covers LP, Blue & Lonesome. Richards even called sessions with Mick Jagger "really fun."

Date: February 27, 2018 17:11

IanBillen
I dont count Blue & Lonesome as a studio album entirely? How could i?

Because you count their first album "as a studio album entirely".

Date: February 27, 2018 17:20

IanBillen
I am begging to suspect the material may not be going anywhere quality wise?

It is imperative that you understand this:

NOTHING the Stones will ever do will ever be as bad, pointless, ugly and worthless as DIRTY WORK.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:04

Found a interview from Keith yesterday about the upcoming tour.

Paul Anthony from planet rock asked Keith about the new album,
Keith replied it's halfway to near the beginning.....lol.
Only Keith could could give a reply like that.

Keith also said his reconvening in the studio with mick this week.
And when asked about a possible warm up gig, his said yeah if micks
Up for it.
You can listen to the full Keith interview online at planet rock.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:10

terry
Found a interview from Keith yesterday about the upcoming tour.

Paul Anthony from planet rock asked Keith about the new album,
Keith replied it's halfway to near the beginning.....lol.
Only Keith could could give a reply like that.

Keith also said his reconvening in the studio with mick this week.
And when asked about a possible warm up gig, his said yeah if micks
Up for it.
You can listen to the full Keith interview online at planet rock.

Why do the interviewers let their 'guests' get away with these non answers?
They should challenge and pin them down to be more specific.
It used to happen in the 'old' days.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145...LastNext
Current Page: 140 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home