Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...680681682683684685686687688689690...LastNext
Current Page: 685 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 9, 2023 06:41

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman
Well they could do the old Dylan trick
Take classic blues riffs and chuck new lyrics over them .....

I would prefer the opposite actually - old lyrics Mich wrote when he was drug fueled or the band did and new music married to them. So long as he doesn’t over-enunciate the words or over sing them!

I think it would be interesting if Dylan was a guest on the new Stones album. Either on a new and original Stones/Dylan collaborative effort, or a classic old blues tune.
Or maybe an updated version of Like a Rolling Stone. I can hear it now: "How does it feel.........". Or maybe the Stones can guest on Dylan's next album.

If Dylan needs a Stone he'll get Mick Taylor.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 9, 2023 07:09

georgie48
retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

I would prefer the opposite actually - old lyrics Mich wrote when he was drug fueled or the band did and new music married to them. So long as he doesn’t over-enunciate the words or over sing them!

I think it would be interesting if Dylan was a guest on the new Stones album. Either on a new and original Stones/Dylan collaborative effort, or a classic old blues tune.
Or maybe an updated version of Like a Rolling Stone. I can hear it now: "How does it feel.........". Or maybe the Stones can guest on Dylan's next album.

Let's collect all the wishes, hopes and proposals and I'll mail them directly to the Stones management if anybody here is up for it. For this album it may be too late because

IT'S FINISHED

but maybe they take our thoughts into consideration for the next one. But this carries the danger of them scrapping the finished album altogether and start from scratch again - what could result in another 18 years wait, so better think twice!

Don’t bother mailing to the Stones management. They are not part of the creative part of what the Stones are all about.

I'm wondering why you thought that such a serious, indeed factual, reply to my jokey proposal was actually necessary... confused smiley Spoiled the fun but likely saved us from many more pages of bs!

Date: July 9, 2023 16:44

retired_dog
georgie48
retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

Let's collect all the wishes, hopes and proposals and I'll mail them directly to the Stones management if anybody here is up for it. For this album it may be too late because

IT'S FINISHED

but maybe they take our thoughts into consideration for the next one. But this carries the danger of them scrapping the finished album altogether and start from scratch again - what could result in another 18 years wait, so better think twice!

Don’t bother mailing to the Stones management. They are not part of the creative part of what the Stones are all about.

I'm wondering why you thought that such a serious, indeed factual, reply to my jokey proposal was actually necessary... confused smiley Spoiled the fun but likely saved us from many more pages of bs!

In other terms, slowed down the process of reaching 700 pages sooner ... winking smiley

Date: July 9, 2023 19:22

doitywoik
retired_dog
georgie48
retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

IT'S FINISHED

In other terms, slowed down the process of reaching 700 pages sooner ... winking smiley

In other words, yes, sabotage, unfortunately.

Date: July 9, 2023 19:28

retired_dog
doitywoik
retired_dog
georgie48
retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

IT'S FINISHED

In other words, yes, sabotage, unfortunately.

Yeah, this is the one thread that has the chance to become one for the ages! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 9, 2023 20:34

retired_dog
georgie48
retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

IT'S FINISHED

Sorry! I didn’t see the smile on your face grinning smiley
And you’re right! Too much bs, but apart from that IORR is a very enjoyable site!
English has some sneaky secrets hidden in words, which non English don’t really know. I was lucky to discover one of those hidden meanings over the past 5-6 decades …… STONES means PATIENCE cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2023 22:12

doitywoik
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

But then there was this brief episode in Dylan/Stones history...Dylan, Keith, and Ronnie aka The Three Amigos - a reunion might be in store some day! They could record a new unplugged/stripped style studio album
featuring several of their greatest (and a couple blues covers). Maybe a remake of Like a Rolling Stone, but change some of the lyrics and retitle it Like the Rolling Stones..."how does it feel, to be like the Rolling Stones..."
Based on the infamous Live Aid performance though, it could all end up as being out of tune, out of whack, out of key, out of synch, and out of their minds

The Three Amigos - Unplugged/stripped

Live Aid 1985

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-09 22:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 9, 2023 22:55

Realistically any guesses when we could actually get a single? Even if the album is coming in October or November it’s really not too early to release something by Jaggers birthday.

Date: July 9, 2023 23:54

---

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-10 01:36 by retired_dog.

Date: July 10, 2023 00:02

georgie48
retired_dog
georgie48
retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

IT'S FINISHED

Sorry! I didn’t see the smile on your face grinning smiley
And you’re right! Too much bs, but apart from that IORR is a very enjoyable site!
English has some sneaky secrets hidden in words, which non English don’t really know. I was lucky to discover one of those hidden meanings over the past 5-6 decades …… STONES means PATIENCE cool smiley

All is forgiven!

And, yeah, STONES means PATIENCE, of course... Always been like that - I vividly remember the 60's when I got nervous when a couple of weeks after the last one no new single was in sight!

Date: July 10, 2023 01:37

Bashlets
Realistically any guesses when we could actually get a single? Even if the album is coming in October or November it’s really not too early to release something by Jaggers birthday.

Well, as this one's for Charlie August 24 would be a more appropriate release date for a single imo.

Date: July 10, 2023 02:56

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

But then there was this brief episode in Dylan/Stones history...Dylan, Keith, and Ronnie aka The Three Amigos - a reunion might be in store some day! They could record a new unplugged/stripped style studio album
featuring several of their greatest (and a couple blues covers). Maybe a remake of Like a Rolling Stone, but change some of the lyrics and retitle it Like the Rolling Stones..."how does it feel, to be like the Rolling Stones..."
Based on the infamous Live Aid performance though, it could all end up as being out of tune, out of whack, out of key, out of synch, and out of their minds

The Three Amigos - Unplugged/stripped

Live Aid 1985

Considering the Live Aid trio episode, this might rather be a reason for Bob to avoid another such episode. winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2023 03:07

A cover of Marley's Redemption Song might help to to redeem themselves from the Live Aid fiasco. winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2023 03:20

Hairball
A cover of Marley's Redemption Song might help to to redeem themselves from the Live Aid fiasco. winking smiley

Fiasco? At least they looked incredibly cool, as a unit and each and every one individually, in particular Keith in his dangerous trooper mode, rarely seen nowadays.

Date: July 10, 2023 16:01

Hairball

Yeah, maybe in a crossover with Dylans I Shall Be released, slightly reworked as We Shall Be Redeemed, fading out in Keiths What Does It Mean? It Means A Lot intersecting with Ronnie's purgatorial I Can Feel The Fire - all bases covered ... winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2023 16:03

retired_dog
Hairball

Fiasco? At least they looked incredibly cool, as a unit and each and every one individually, in particular Keith in his dangerous trooper mode, rarely seen nowadays.

Good point, only problem is, they forgot to turn the sound off when they performed ... winking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 10, 2023 17:36

Is there anything definite on a new album? ... or all still guesswork/speculation? 2023 seems highly unlikely to me.

If anyone could provide a summary or latest known info, it would be appreciated, by me and anyone else not looking to traverse 100s of pages!! Thanks!

Date: July 10, 2023 17:38

LeonidP
Is there anything definite on a new album? ... or all still guesswork/speculation? 2023 seems highly unlikely to me.

If anyone could provide a summary or latest known info, it would be appreciated, by me and anyone else not looking to traverse 100s of pages!! Thanks!

The newspaper article said they recorded a video for the album come October, but who knows? smiling smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 10, 2023 17:41

Wow, that's pretty exciting! Thanks for that!

Date: July 10, 2023 20:26

doitywoik
Hairball

Yeah, maybe in a crossover with Dylans I Shall Be released, slightly reworked as We Shall Be Redeemed, fading out in Keiths What Does It Mean? It Means A Lot intersecting with Ronnie's purgatorial I Can Feel The Fire - all bases covered ... winking smiley

We Shall Be Redeemed...perfect!smiling smiley

Posted by: mkbbcmr ()
Date: July 10, 2023 23:03

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

The newspaper article said they recorded a video for the album come October, but who knows? smiling smiley

Since video clips are always for singles, never for albums, the likely release dates seem to be October for the single and a few weeks later, November or early December for the album.

Oh, and the titles came to me in a dream last night: "When The Going Gets Tough" (single) and "The Penultimate Sin" (album). Charlie was in my dream too, and he was smiling a lot. Very reassuring. Sweet dreams are made of this, no kidding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-10 23:05 by mkbbcmr.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 11, 2023 00:23

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

What article?

Date: July 11, 2023 00:32

More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

What article?

This one, I guess: [www.thesun.ie] (posted one page up). You need to scroll down a little.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 11, 2023 00:41

doitywoik
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

What article?

This one, I guess: [www.thesun.ie] (posted one page up). You need to scroll down a little.

Thank you

Date: July 11, 2023 00:44

doitywoik
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

What article?

Any day now...any day now...it shall be released.....

Date: July 11, 2023 01:29

Hairball
doitywoik
More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP

What article?

Any day now...any day now...it shall be released.....

... cause all they ever have: redemption songs ...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 11, 2023 03:14

LeonidP

current rumor is the album is done and set for a release in the fall (october-november)

bill has also confirmed that he plays on the album for one song that's in tribute to charlie and that mick was very pleased with his contribution

mick, keith, and ronnie all gathered in new york a few weeks ago for a photo shoot that is presumably for the new album

you can read about it here iorr and based on a video from that event some here seem to think there is something seriously wrong with mick's leg (others think differently)

there re-releasing forty licks iorr

and ronnie has performed onstage three times in the last month with various people
iorr
iorr
iorr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-11 03:23 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: July 11, 2023 04:45

Wonder when we might hear something official from this photoshoot...

I'd imagine editing and all will take a couple of weeks?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 11, 2023 11:05

It might be for the album cover, a picture of them getting out of that classic car

The Rolling Stones - Mean Old Men

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-11 11:06 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 11, 2023 11:20

Anything but a release this fall, or possibly winter, would surprise me. When you're 80 you can't afford to postpone things anymore. Simple as that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...680681682683684685686687688689690...LastNext
Current Page: 685 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home