Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...416417418419420421422423424425426...LastNext
Current Page: 421 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 11, 2020 06:07

doitywoik
Hairball
Bungo
I Love it ! I vote for you for Art Director.

smiling smiley

So far you've voted for me to be Producer and now Art Director.
I now nominate myself for songwriter, guitar player, and maybe some percussion.
This album would have been finished years ago - I want your vote! lol

Yeah, go ahead and do it! They're not getting it done anyway. Ian will certainly agree to be your recording engineer!

Ha .. If he can get this album finished with a release time frame
he not only has my vote on anything he wants .. he will have my lasting worship! Ha

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 11, 2020 06:11

As long as they channel the struggles of multi-millionaires it should be amazing!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 11, 2020 06:11

As long as they channel the struggles of multi-millionaires it should be amazing!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2020 07:06

IanBillen
doitywoik
Hairball
Bungo
I Love it ! I vote for you for Art Director.

smiling smiley

So far you've voted for me to be Producer and now Art Director.
I now nominate myself for songwriter, guitar player, and maybe some percussion.
This album would have been finished years ago - I want your vote! lol

Yeah, go ahead and do it! They're not getting it done anyway. Ian will certainly agree to be your recording engineer!

Ha .. If he can get this album finished with a release time frame
he not only has my vote on anything he wants .. he will have my lasting worship! Ha

For the amount of blood, sweat, and tears we've put in to this thread (lol page 421), we could have had FIVE Stones albums by now,
along with a couple of solo releases by both Keith and Mick...maybe even some spare time to help Chuck L. craft some tunes. smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 11, 2020 08:23

Hairball
For the amount of blood, sweat, and tears we've put in to this thread (lol page 421), we could have had FIVE Stones albums by now,
along with a couple of solo releases by both Keith and Mick...maybe even some spare time to help Chuck L. craft some tunes. smiling smiley

gosh and we're back to zero instead!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 11, 2020 08:34

maumau
Hairball

gosh and we're back to zero instead!

We have 30 basic tracks!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 11, 2020 16:24

Spud
doitywoik
Chuck Berry alone is as good as a band winking smiley

Yes but he only ever had to agree with himself grinning smiley

You have a point here, of course. But Chuck may have had disputes with himself as well, considering that it took him 38 years to release the follow-up album to Rock It.

Date: January 11, 2020 19:52

doitywoik
Spud
doitywoik
Chuck Berry alone is as good as a band winking smiley

Yes but he only ever had to agree with himself grinning smiley

You have a point here, of course. But Chuck may have had disputes with himself as well, considering that it took him 38 years to release the follow-up album to Rock It.

Another difference is that nstead of hitting walls, he hit people. Keithsmiling smiley

Date: January 11, 2020 20:09

Seems like Chuck was also a passionate photographer and video taper with a penchant for, uhm, avantgarde-ish settings ...

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: January 12, 2020 02:20

This is a joke, right? I wrote on LinkedIn about the next 2 versions of SAP after S4HANA, being T5MONA and U6URANUS, which can be shortened to, never mind.

Date: January 12, 2020 05:14

plusplusjames
This is a joke, right?

In case this refers to my post above: rather a bitter remark.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: January 12, 2020 21:21

doitywoik
plusplusjames
This is a joke, right?

In case this refers to my post above: rather a bitter remark.

No Doitywork, you’re good. I was referring to the post about the 30 tracks, Hit The Wall, and the other song titles. There’s a fair amount of sarcasm in my post, but hopefully no bitterness. I am very fond of new releases. One love.

Date: January 13, 2020 02:45

No worries, mate. I guess the sarcasm escaped me because I didn't get the hints ... LOL

The 30 basic tracks - if 30 is the new number - might well be the first result of the Stones' recent puzzle-ing efforts. We started out with 40 Mick demos and 3 dynamite Keith riffs, then came "something beautiful that had not existed before" that Mick and Keith created one afternoon in a studio a while back (acc.to keith, quote perhaps not totally verbatim), and maybe more post-2015 stuff I'm forgetting at the moment. So, at any rate more than 40 somethings. If these 40+ somethings boiled down now to 30 basic somethings, they either discarded a few somethings or found some pieces fitting together and thereby reduced the number of isolated items. Give them another few years and we might be down to 20! winking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 13, 2020 05:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 00:04 by colonial.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:05

doitywoik
No worries, mate. I guess the sarcasm escaped me because I didn't get the hints ... LOL

The 30 basic tracks - if 30 is the new number - might well be the first result of the Stones' recent puzzle-ing efforts. We started out with 40 Mick demos and 3 dynamite Keith riffs, then came "something beautiful that had not existed before" that Mick and Keith created one afternoon in a studio a while back (acc.to keith, quote perhaps not totally verbatim), and maybe more post-2015 stuff I'm forgetting at the moment. So, at any rate more than 40 somethings. If these 40+ somethings boiled down now to 30 basic somethings, they either discarded a few somethings or found some pieces fitting together and thereby reduced the number of isolated items. Give them another few years and we might be down to 20! winking smiley

Thanks Doitywoik!

1. Maybe we'll make It
2. Working on It
3. Puzzle
4. Uneven stuff
5. Early stages
6. Where's the album? (inspiration by C. Watts)
7. Sometime next year
8. 40 Demos (30 basic tracks)
9. Frustration
10. Hit the wall
11. 3 dynamite riffs

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:54

This is better than "Hit The Wall" = "Up Against The Wall".spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 13, 2020 12:12

wupperstein
This is better than "Hit The Wall" = "Up Against The Wall".spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.youtube.com]

Heck! They're precogs! They already knew it decades ago!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 13, 2020 16:08

wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

It's a matter of taste. "Hit The Wall" is such a surprise return to top form that I think it's waaay better, musically, than "Up Against The Wall."
And you can't beat the lyrics of "Hit The Wall."

Date: January 13, 2020 23:11

bam
wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

It's a matter of taste. "Hit The Wall" is such a surprise return to top form that I think it's waaay better, musically, than "Up Against The Wall."

The Up Against The Wall from the YT clip might give us an idea what some (several?) the 30/40/umpty basic tracks are like: riffs or licks that need a context (a/k/a [pieces of a] puzzle).

Although the phrase can also be used in different contexts, I can't help being reminded of The Wall:

[www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com]

Date: January 14, 2020 03:17

I always thought it's kind of a joke when people said the press are just copying Stones-related stuff off IORR posts – until I saw this article in IORRians' favourite source of reliable news, quoting georgelicks's complete post from page 417 of this thread eye popping smiley

"GeorgeLicks reported on IORR.org, “The sessions were through all the year(s), ..." (At least, they quoted him and didn't just steal his text.)

Now we just need to convince georgelicks to confirm that the new album will be called HIT THE WALL and maybe we see it in print two days later ...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-14 23:39 by doitywoik.

Date: January 14, 2020 04:13

doitywoik
bam
wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

The Up Against The Wall from the YT clip might give us an idea what some (several?) the 30/40/umpty basic tracks are like: riffs or licks that need a context (a/k/a [pieces of a] puzzle).

Although the phrase can also be used in different contexts, I can't help being reminded of The Wall:

[www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com]

What if.............

The new Hit the Wall is actually an updated reworking of Up Against the Wall w/Jagger adding some new vocals. eye popping smiley
Might not be worthy of the first single, but it would be very Stonesy and I'd be pleased as punch with it....sort of has a Stop Breaking Down vibe to it, with nice harmonica.thumbs up
"Hit the wall, hit the wall, hit the wall, hit the wall...." - unfortunately those are the only new lyrics Mick came up with, and then he....drum roll please....hit the wall...lol...looking forward to it.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: January 14, 2020 04:20

Tip of the Nipple

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 14, 2020 04:26

I'd say 2020 Man would be a nice new song title. At least it would mean they'd have to release it this year.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 14, 2020 04:30

5 years of working, 20 years of waiting around.

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 14, 2020 15:48

Anyone know where Keith is? In the T&C? Mick is on Mustique.

A lot getting done.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 14, 2020 16:00

GasLightStreet

A lot getting done.
I don't think Keith spends winters in Connecticut, and I don't blame him one bit...

Although it WAS 70 degrees here in CT on Sunday, which was beyond absurd. I even went hiking and there were dozens of other people out and about in springtime clothing. The next day it was back in the 30s.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: January 14, 2020 18:57

keefriff99
GasLightStreet

A lot getting done.
I don't think Keith spends winters in Connecticut, and I don't blame him one bit...

Although it WAS 70 degrees here in CT on Sunday, which was beyond absurd. I even went hiking and there were dozens of other people out and about in springtime clothing. The next day it was back in the 30s.
Keith is in CT. Patti was in NYC the other day and last week she posted a picture of the two of them at a restaurant in CT.

Re: smoking smileyRe: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 14, 2020 22:59

colonial
This thread is on the home straight to 1,000,000 views - unprecedented smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-15 23:46 by colonial.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 14, 2020 23:29

SomeGuy
I'd say 2020 Man would be a nice new song title. At least it would mean they'd have to release it this year.

I don't thing Man is still very woke in 2020.. let's make it 2020 Person

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 15, 2020 00:32

NilsHolgersson
SomeGuy

I don't thing Man is still very woke in 2020.. let's make it 2020 Person

Or, a cover of No Person No Cry, sounds great, not to mention Alice's Only Persons Bleed smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...416417418419420421422423424425426...LastNext
Current Page: 421 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home