Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...419420421422423424425426427428429...LastNext
Current Page: 424 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:37

An interesting (and appetizing?) detour we've taken today: Pig Milk Cheese - smiling smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:38

yet another promising album title right up there with GHS

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:51

Awright, so it does exist, even if rare. Actually, I had cheese made of pork milk in mind but Google only have me the other thing.

"...making it among the most expensive cheese ever produced."

The difficulties described there grabbing super-small quantities of pig milk almost drop by drop seem pretty much in line with the Stones' difficulties in by and by coming up with tiny puzzle pieces of songs. winking smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 20, 2020 05:11

Goats Head Soup is a Jamaican delicacy, the album was (mostly) recorded in Jamaica at Byron Lee's Dynamic Studio.

jb

Date: January 20, 2020 05:20

and Pig Milk Cheese apparently is incredibly difficult to obtain, which (mostly) applies to the supposed album in the make

Date: January 20, 2020 05:37

Here are pictures of cheese discs that would make great CD covers:

[cheese2166.rssing.com]
[www.google.com]

Cheese art but certainly not cheesy!

Date: January 20, 2020 05:45

Exclusive Bonus Disc included in Super Deluxe edition:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 05:46 by Hairball.

Date: January 20, 2020 06:23

We have now provided the cover art, the song titles, the lyrics, the recording and production team and all that for minimally three albums. We can't they release at least one of them? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 20, 2020 08:12

We still need to come up with three dynamite riffs, I suppose

Date: January 20, 2020 08:18

Here's a start - Dynamite riff #1 smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 20, 2020 09:42

Nikkei

1. [youtu.be]

2. [youtu.be]

3. [youtu.be]

Date: January 21, 2020 01:50

I thought this might go like this:

Keith: "I've got three dynamite riffs: 1) "(open G) strumstrumstrum Ooo baby, 2) (open G) strumstrumSTRUM Oh baby baby-y-y", 3) (open G) strumstrumSTRUMstrum Oooo baby baby yeah"!

Mick: "what about a second chord?"

Keith: "Aw, why bother ..."

winking smiley

Date: January 21, 2020 01:59

KRiffhard
Nikkei

1. [youtu.be]

2. [youtu.be]

3. [youtu.be]

Can't check out no. 2 because my browser don't like the video format, but no. 3 sounds more complete (and better) than a number of things they released in more recent decades. Complete song, just mixed a bit rough, and better than the bonus stuff for SG. Just a sLight workover and they could release it anytime.

Didn't they (or one of them) say a while back that they were also checking quite old material for the new album? Or was that pre-brick wall?

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: January 21, 2020 03:52

#1 has potential, could be a good hook/bridge.

Date: January 21, 2020 05:40

Hairball
Here's a start - Dynamite riff #1 smiling smiley

Way too complex! winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:06

Does it not seem strange to anyone that they haven't leaked anything, aside from Mick playing whatever, at all? A free sample?

Not like this but of like this, at 13:28 of this video (someone needs to make this little bit a video clip)...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 21, 2020 06:12

That was great - not the song, but the way they teased it.
Maybe they'll do something similar when the new tour is announced?
"A free sample"! smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:49

Hairball
That was great - not the song, but the way they teased it.
Maybe they'll do something similar when the new tour is announced?
"A free sample"! smiling smiley

Why not.

With the revamping of vinyl and cassettes... who knows. Maybe CDs will have a comeback.

Date: January 21, 2020 09:38

Maybe they make Charlie whistle a new tune?

Date: January 21, 2020 12:22

They are hitting another wall to choose 10 songs from 30 basic tracks!

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 21, 2020 17:31

beachbreak
#1 has potential, could be a good hook/bridge.

The “Randy Whore” jam is (I suspect) a good example of what Mick got bored with vis a vis Keith. It’s a cool riff, but they seem to have had trouble establishing verse/chorus separation.n

One of the deficiencies of “Crosseyed Heart” — which, don’t get me wrong, I loved — is that Keith often sings what he plays. Put another way, the melodies map directly over what his hands are doing. (Listen to “Heartstopper” and “Suspicious,” or “Can’t Be Seen,” and you’ll hear exactly what I mean.)

I don’t mean this as a knock against Keith. The greatness of a Keith Riff is that it is itself a melodic idea — as opposed to a mere chord progression whose harmonic movement can imply lots of different melodies, but doesn’t truly assert one. Strumming cowboy-style G C and D chords is a far cry from what Keith does when he plays the same chords in an open tuning.

But the essential ingredient of the very best Stones songs is a Keith riff plus a value-added Mick melody. What Mick sings on the verses of JJF and SFM are certainly suggested by the riffs — but he took them to places that Keith wouldn’t have. The way he elongates the words “born” (JJF) and “feeeet boy” (SFM) - that’s where the magic happens.

Keith is well aware of this, I think. It’s why he so desperately wants to interface more directly with Mick today! I wish I could recall exactly which track it was, but, on the 2002 session leaks, Mick at one point specifically says to Keith that he’s going to try to break up the melody/hands knot. (As an aside, it’s kind of amazing to hear that in 2002; I would have expected such an observation in 1965!)

Also, compare “Just Because” to “Trouble.” In 2002, Keith plays a riff that eventually becomes the melody line he would sing in 2015. (It’s the part Mick finds most intriguing, but Keith has trouble reproducing it on the spot!) Clearly, Keith scrapped that riff, sang the part, and carpentered a new intro riff (a suboptimal CYHMK rewrite).

The Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue bootlegs show that Keith did a lot of his own heavy lifting on the stuff of his that made the album. The first three rockers, “Moon Is Up,” “Baby BID” — what Keith laid down as a scratch vocal is more or less what Mick ended up singing.

Somewhere along the way these past 30 years(!), Keith might have stopped doing as much of that lifting — and Mick, in turn, focused his efforts on his own creations.

Date: January 21, 2020 18:13

Insightful post. I have nothing against 'Trouble' yet it's a shame the Stones version didn't come to fruition. I love the raunchy way Mick is singing that line "everybody gets you outta jail because..." To me, Keith wasted that riff.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 21, 2020 18:20

doitywoik
Here are pictures of cheese discs that would make great CD covers:

[cheese2166.rssing.com]
[www.google.com]

Cheese art but certainly not cheesy!

neat

Date: January 21, 2020 19:26

doitywoik
KRiffhard
Nikkei

1. [youtu.be]

2. [youtu.be]

3. [youtu.be]

Can't check out no. 2 because my browser don't like the video format, but no. 3 sounds more complete (and better) than a number of things they released in more recent decades. Complete song, just mixed a bit rough, and better than the bonus stuff for SG. Just a sLight workover and they could release it anytime.

Didn't they (or one of them) say a while back that they were also checking quite old material for the new album? Or was that pre-brick wall?

No. 2 is "Cookin' Up" from Undercover Sessions.

Date: January 22, 2020 02:04

Thanks, KRiffhard! I have the Undercover sessions somewhere. In principle I should also have the other two tunes somewhere in a ton of demos/outtakes but it's so damn long I listened to them. They rest peacefully on a hard disc somewhere ...

Date: January 22, 2020 06:59

doitywoik

Wondering if there were any leftovers from Blue and Lonesome? If so, might be a good start and backup plan if they can't get the new album of originals together.
If Blue and Lonesome was a Plan B, Blue and Lonesome pt.II would be a Plan C, but would be better than nothing or another compilation. thumbs up
Or maybe they can just record another batch of blues covers quickly ala Blue and Lonesome pt. 1, and get the damn thing done!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 22, 2020 07:41

Hairball
doitywoik

Wondering if there were any leftovers from Blue and Lonesome? If so, might be a good start and backup plan if they can't get the new album of originals together.
If Blue and Lonesome was a Plan B, Blue and Lonesome pt.II would be a Plan C, but would be better than nothing or another compilation. thumbs up
Or maybe they can just record another batch of blues covers quickly ala Blue and Lonesome pt. 1, and get the damn thing done!

Hahahahah ... I'm laughing not at you but because I marvel your thing to clutching to any hope of a possible Blue & Lonesome "Part Two". Perhaps you are entertaining that notion just to 'get my goat' ...ha? At any rate ...
I think I must speak on behalf of the iorr message board, the rocks off message board, shadoobieland, Rolling Stones fans around the world, their official PR department, Universal .. and The President ... there is 'no' (see again ... 'NO'...) chance, plan, or notion of B&L part two (not right now anyway). There never was. The plan, action, talk, and effort is an all new studio album. There was never any plan to do B&L part two as their next studio work. The chances of that happening are almost non-existent right now. They would look pretty silly putting something like that out even if they had it basing on they have been talking about, and teasing an 'all new one' for how long now.

Am I going to have to send you official affadavits from Universal, Don Was, and The Rolling Stones themselves confirming this? (ha-ha ....cheers mate)

smileys with beer

- ITB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-22 07:43 by IanBillen.

Date: January 22, 2020 07:51

Haha - good to see you again Ian. smiling smiley

As was mentioned over four years ago (maybe more), if and when a new album surfaces we'll surely have reason to rejoice and/or be relieved.
15 years and counting...eye rolling smiley...and similar to the new album, this thread is going nowhere fast. Before you know it 500 pages and a million views, and with any luck a new album!

Date: January 22, 2020 08:29

Hairball
doitywoik

Sure, better Plan C than nothing at all.

But as well they could just do some of their own new tunes B&L-style for a day or two in the studio, mix them and release that. Would give us a fresh-sounding album without annoying studio/production wizardry.

Date: January 22, 2020 08:46

True enough doitywoik. thumbs up

They could do it Neil Young style - write it, perform it, hit record, and release it.

And then repeat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-22 08:46 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...419420421422423424425426427428429...LastNext
Current Page: 424 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home