Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Mick Jagger becomes dad again at 73
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 8, 2016 17:53

Congratulations Mick - a dab hand at changing nappies by now.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Mick Jagger becomes dad again at 73

Mick JaggerImage copyrightREUTERS

Rolling Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger has become a father again at age of 73, his publicist has confirmed.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 17:55 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Mick Jagger becomes dad again at 73
Date: December 8, 2016 17:57

Some more news from ITV in the UK.

[www.itv.com]

Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger becomes a dad again aged 73
Mick Jagger
Mick Jagger has become a dad again aged 73 Credit: PA
Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger has become a dad for the eighth time at the age of 73, his publicist has said.

The new addition is his first child with ballerina Melanie Hamrick.

A statement said: "Melanie Hamrick and Mick Jagger's son was born today in New York and they are both delighted.

"Mick was at the hospital for the arrival. Mother and baby are doing well and we request that the media respect their privacy at this time."

He has seven other children with four different women, including jewellery designer Jade and models Lizzie and Georgia May Jagger. Their ages range from 17 to 46 years old.

Jagger also has five grandchildren and one great grandchild.
Last updated Thu 8 Dec 2016

Date: December 8, 2016 18:04

Story from the Daily Telegraph in the UK

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Mick Jagger, 73, welcomes eighth child - two years after the birth of great-granddaughter

Alice Vincent, entertainment writer

8 DECEMBER 2016 • 3:58PM

Rolling Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger has become a father again at the age of 73, his publicist said.

The mother of the child is Melanie Hamrick, a 29-year-old ballerina whom Jagger has been in a relationship with since 2014.

When the news of her pregnancy was announced in June, the couple were said to be "surprised and happy".

The child will be Jagger's eighth, and is 46 years younger than his first child, Karis Hunt Jagger. His second-youngest child, whom he had with Brazilian model Luciana Morad, Lucas Jagger, was born in 1999. The rock star has since welcomed five grandchildren and a great-granddaughter, who was born in 2014.

Melanie Hamrick
Melanie Hamrick
It has been a productive year for Jagger and his Rolling Stones bandmates. In June Ronnie Wood, 68 welcomed twin baby girls with his wife Sally.

Wood said he would be a hands-on father, saying at the time: "I’m going to be changing the nappies and all that goes with it. I’m looking forward to all that."

When the news first broke of Hamrick's pregnancy, a source told The Sun that the new parents may not even live in the same home together.

The Rolling Stones in April - they have 16 children and 13 grandchildren between them
The Rolling Stones in April - they have 16 children and 13 grandchildren between them
The paper reported: "Mick’s relationship with Melanie works for both of them. Melanie is very American and doesn’t want to move to London, even though they’ve been seeing each other regularly over a long period of time now.

“Mick likes the arrangement they have and doesn’t want to be in another formal relationship. But the most important thing is how much he loves his children and he has great relations with them.

The plan is for Melanie to move out of New York and be based in LA, where Mick spends a lot of time, or Connecticut where she knows people. In reality Melanie was coming toward the end of her career as a ballet dancer but has now had to give it up even earlier than planned."

Since revealing her pregnancy, Hamrick and Jagger have kept out of the public eye. The Rolling Stones, however, have had a busy year: they toured Latin America in the Spring and early summer, after their career was celebrated with an exhibition, Exhibitionism, at the Saatchi Gallery in London.

In October, the Rolling Stones joined a host of other heritage rock acts at the Desert Trip festival in California.

Date: December 8, 2016 19:32

Some nice pix here in The Sun.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 8, 2016 19:55

I'm jealous but wish all the best of course. Of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 19:56 by steffialicia.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 8, 2016 19:58

steffialicia
I'm jealous

Lol, I'm not. Been there, done that...and I've got the three to prove it.

Congrats to the parents, that's one lucky baby boy.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 8, 2016 20:03

Congratulations Melanie and Mick.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 8, 2016 20:56

In reality Melanie was coming toward the end of her career as a ballet dancer

Says it all, really.

Congrats to the new parents.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 8, 2016 20:57

Congratulations to mum, dad and baby!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:05

Best wishes to mom and the child.
Mick should have stopped this nonsense years ago.
These days, most men realize that fatherhood is a day-to-day responsibility. Mick's attitude is very 19th Century British -- father the child and then let nannies and public schools do the rest.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:22

Congratulations to all .... and your still one lucky man Mick ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:32

Next one get in line

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:37

Congratulations to Melanie and Mick smileys with beer

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:38

wonderboy
These days, most men realize that fatherhood is a day-to-day responsibility. Mick's attitude is very 19th Century British -- father the child and then let nannies and public schools do the rest.

I think it's the money rather than any attitude.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:45

Congratulations!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 8, 2016 21:57

Congratulations for Melanie Hamrick & Sir Mick Jagger

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:20

Matching Diapers?

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:23

steffialicia
I'm jealous but wish all the best of course. Of course.

I hear ya...

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:27

Congrats M&M

Better Melanie and Mick than me... cuz... I DONT KNOW NUTHIN BOUT BIRTHIN BABIES!! either

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 22:32 by HankM.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:29

Didn't his girlfriend commit suicide a year ago? I don't mean that to sound as harsh as it does, just didn't know he was already having a child with someone else. A serious congrats to them, but just took me by surprise.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:31

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I like what Mick has made clear in the press Mother and Child
(Merry Christmas)
are taken care of financially in the future/ set it up/
no jive talkin'

Best wishes and Joy :-)

Date: December 8, 2016 22:39

RollingFreak
Didn't his girlfriend commit suicide a year ago? I don't mean that to sound as harsh as it does, just didn't know he was already having a child with someone else. A serious congrats to them, but just took me by surprise.

It was more than two years ago.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 23:00

boy / girl ?
name ?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 8, 2016 23:29

boy and not public yet.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 9, 2016 00:04

wonderboy

here's your mistakes-"most men realize". and "let the nannies and public schools do the rest"

put 65,000 people in a stadium and let "most men" walk out on a stage in front of them[this also applies to "a 73 year old man"] and "most men" will realize they have a very large crowd of folks staring at them.

you don't live in the same world as mick jagger-you talk about him on the internet with other people.if you see mick jagger you want to talk to him,be near him,have him sign his name on something or take a picture to show your friends and family.you pay large amounts of your hard earned money just to see him for two hours.we're not talking about "most men" here,agree?

this is your station in life as opposed to mick jaggers-and yet you seem to think you can tell him how to conduct his personal life? you really can't little fella,saying"you're outta your league" would be an understaement.the second mistake you made was about the schools-he doesn't send his kids to public schools.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 9, 2016 00:11

Rocky Dijon
boy and not public yet.
smileys with beer

Date: December 9, 2016 00:18

Jagger is a Great-Grand dad! The Midnight Rambler is a Great-Grandfather.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 9, 2016 00:56

Lem, "public" schools are really *private* schools in the UK. The English use the reverse terminology from the Americans from what I understand.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 9, 2016 01:00

angee
Lem, "public" schools are really *private* schools in the UK. The English use the reverse terminology from the Americans from what I understand.

Makes absolutely no sense either. How can a "public" school be private? confused smiley

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 9, 2016 01:15

latebloomer

Makes absolutely no sense either. How can a "public" school be private? confused smiley

The name dates back to the time when schools founded for local children went 'public' and admitted children from further afield than its own parish or immediate jurisdiction.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home