Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

question for James Phelge
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: December 18, 2016 11:02

First, hello, I want say I enjoyed your book very much. I have been searching
for recordings and photo of the Rolling Stones between July 1962 and December
1962 for 48 years. I have only found a couple recordings and only one photo from Dec.62 but not of the whole band (pre Wyman & Watts)live on stage.
My question is ..it is my understanding you owned a reel to reel tape recorder
when you live at Edith Grove(1962) with Mick,Keith & Brian and had used it at various times to tape people using the bathroom for laughs??? Knowing you had a reel to reel tape recorder,I would think you would have also used it at one point to record the band live or at a rehearsals ..even just to hear how the band sounded. Stu said he knew of no recordings back than.. But do you ever recall doing that and if yes do you recall where and when? One other question..I find it almost impossible that NO photos exist of the whole band on stage pre Wyman & Watts. Do you have any or know someone that would. Years ago
Hatrell said he might have one or two photos but wasn't positive about that but if he had any he would have to go check his collection (in storage). He never got back to me,and I'm not sure where he is today. If you want you can also contact me privately at jkelmstreet@gmail.com Thank you

Re: question for James Phelge
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2016 11:14

....but what about the Phelge toilet recordings ... love ta hear dem..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 18, 2016 11:53

VideoJames
First, hello, I want say I enjoyed your book very much. I have been searching
for recordings and photo of the Rolling Stones between July 1962 and December
1962 for 48 years. I have only found a couple recordings and only one photo from Dec.62 but not of the whole band (pre Wyman & Watts)live on stage.
My question is ..it is my understanding you owned a reel to reel tape recorder
when you live at Edith Grove(1962) with Mick,Keith & Brian and had used it at various times to tape people using the bathroom for laughs??? Knowing you had a reel to reel tape recorder,I would think you would have also used it at one point to record the band live or at a rehearsals ..even just to hear how the band sounded. Stu said he knew of no recordings back than.. But do you ever recall doing that and if yes do you recall where and when? One other question..I find it almost impossible that NO photos exist of the whole band on stage pre Wyman & Watts. Do you have any or know someone that would. Years ago
Hatrell said he might have one or two photos but wasn't positive about that but if he had any he would have to go check his collection (in storage). He never got back to me,and I'm not sure where he is today. If you want you can also contact me privately at jkelmstreet@gmail.com Thank you

Try Sea Of Love from a Vienna toilet 1982, bonus track on the VGP release.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 18, 2016 12:23

... and while we're at it: I saw Exhibitionism in London, and the information accompanying the Edith Grove mock-up
stated that you, Mick and Brian shared the bedroom while Keith slept in the sitting room. That's wrong, isn't it!
I sure hope they've corrected it by now, but since they're more likely to believe you than me,
maybe you could contact the curator? [sheppardgallagher.com] It matters!

Other than that: Did they have the bedroom set up properly? Whose bed was which? :E

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2209
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home