Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Mick Jagger becomes dad again at 73
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 9, 2016 03:11

I have a feeling this isn't the last 20-something girl Commander will impregnate in the years to come. And why not? It's a good deal for both parts. Especially the girls. It's a bit like the Wags in England.
Commander must be busy though keeping track of wifes, girlfriends, children, grandchildren and not to mention all the real estate (chateaus, villas, apartments and islands).
While constantly on the move to avoid any sort of taxes. Phew!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 9, 2016 03:33

Stoneage
I have a feeling this isn't the last 20-something girl Commander will impregnate in the years to come. And why not? It's a good deal for both parts. Especially the girls. It's a bit like the Wags in England.
Commander must be busy though keeping track of wifes, girlfriends, children, grandchildren and not to mention all the real estate (chateaus, villas, apartments and islands).

I disagree it's a 'good deal especially for the girls'
Call me old fashioned, but the best deal for the girls is to be happily married.
Glad Mick is there to support Melanie. It's kinda scary having your 1st baby.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: December 9, 2016 04:19

lem motlow

Best wishes to mom and the child.
Mick should have stopped this nonsense years ago.
These days, most men realize that fatherhood is a day-to-day responsibility. Mick's attitude is very 19th Century British -- father the child and then let nannies and public schools do the rest.

here's your mistakes-"most men realize". and "let the nannies and public schools do the rest"

put 65,000 people in a stadium and let "most men" walk out on a stage in front of them and "most men" will realize they have a very large crowd of folks staring at them.

you don't live in the same world as mick jagger-you talk about him on the internet with other people.if you see mick jagger you want to talk to him,be near him,have him sign his name on something or take a picture to show your friends and family.you pay large amounts of your hard earned money just to see him for two hours.we're not talking about "most men" here,agree?

this is your station in life as opposed to mick jaggers-and yet you seem to think you can tell him how to conduct his personal life? you really can't little fella,saying"you're outta your league" would be an understaement.the second mistake you made was about the schools-he doesn't send his kids to public schools.

I'm no better or worse than Mick Jagger. He's a great songwriter and performer and I am certainly not his in league. As a father, he's not in my league. I know a little bit of his history with women, and yeah, I feel I can call him out for his shitty, careless behavior.

A 'public school' in England is a private school. If I got that wrong I will stand corrected.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 9, 2016 04:32

RUN FOR IT MICK!!! The hens are coming for you!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 9, 2016 04:52

wonderboy

Best wishes to mom and the child.
Mick should have stopped this nonsense years ago.
These days, most men realize that fatherhood is a day-to-day responsibility. Mick's attitude is very 19th Century British -- father the child and then let nannies and public schools do the rest.

here's your mistakes-"most men realize". and "let the nannies and public schools do the rest"

put 65,000 people in a stadium and let "most men" walk out on a stage in front of them and "most men" will realize they have a very large crowd of folks staring at them.

you don't live in the same world as mick jagger-you talk about him on the internet with other people.if you see mick jagger you want to talk to him,be near him,have him sign his name on something or take a picture to show your friends and family.you pay large amounts of your hard earned money just to see him for two hours.we're not talking about "most men" here,agree?

this is your station in life as opposed to mick jaggers-and yet you seem to think you can tell him how to conduct his personal life? you really can't little fella,saying"you're outta your league" would be an understaement.the second mistake you made was about the schools-he doesn't send his kids to public schools.

I'm no better or worse than Mick Jagger. He's a great songwriter and performer and I am certainly not his in league. As a father, he's not in my league. I know a little bit of his history with women, and yeah, I feel I can call him out for his shitty, careless behavior.

A 'public school' in England is a private school. If I got that wrong I will stand corrected.

No, you're right about that, in Britain, the expensive schools (where the rich send their kids) are counter intuitively mostly known as "Public schools" or Independent schools or even Private schools .. .....whereas the schools everyone else goes to are known as "State schools" - ie. funded by the state

[en.wikipedia.org])

A notorious bunch of English public school boys (Eton school) known as the Bullingdon club........

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 05:06 by EddieByword.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 9, 2016 05:47

Thanks, Camper.

How does the saying go? England and America, two countries separated by a common language. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 9, 2016 05:50

Interesting Eddie...

A notorious bunch of English public school boys (Eton school) known as the Bullingdon club........

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 9, 2016 09:47

Article on the financial details..

article

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 09:48 by Bliss.

Date: December 9, 2016 10:27

Looks like Mick Jagger is doing and saying and setting up the rightest things that a man possibly could. I am happy for all involved. I think this is what is referred to as being born a with a silver spoon in one mouth. This child will never want for anything.

I would bet at this point the tabloids and some other people wish Mick was hiding or denying or what ever some scumbags do in these instances... so they could write up even worse things to say about him, but he maiking al lthe right moves.

According to the article it looks like Mick has it all figured out and set up for his new baby boy to become a full grown man without having to worry much about money.

FTA-
Sir Mick is understood to have given Melanie a $150,000-a-year maintenance deal to help the ballerina raise their child.

He is also believed to be helping the New Yorker find a home in the US to raise the boy.

The $150k will be paid until the child is 18, with school fees also paid for. After secondary school a trust will help cover further education and expenses, which could be as much as £500k.

Even though Mick and Melanie are not planning on getting married, they plan to co-parent given his hectic work schedule.

A source told MailOnline: 'Mick wanted to make sure that the deals and money aspects were in place before Christmas and the birth of their child.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 9, 2016 10:36

I suspect it will be a similar arrangement (financial etc) that's in place for Lucas.
So not a 'hands on Dad'...in the accepted sense.
Will a new compostion come out of it? Doubtful.

Date: December 9, 2016 10:44

Will a new composition come out of it?

Maybe a new tune called "Specific Girls"

Congratulations to Mick!
Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 17:54

Mick becomes a father again: BBC

Congratulations to Mick and Melanie!

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Re: Congratulations to Mick!
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 8, 2016 17:59

......ummmm.....good? I guess

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 18:02

Mick loves kids, and he'll probably live to be 100. I think it's great! smiling bouncing smiley

Anybody know what they've named him???

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 18:02 by Voodookitten76.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: December 8, 2016 18:03

Mick will be 103 when the kid gets married.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 8, 2016 18:04

Keep rockin' Mick!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 8, 2016 18:47

beachbreak
Mick will be 103 when the kid gets married.

Or 91.
Or even more accurately, who knows/cares?

Congrats to Mick and Melanie.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 8, 2016 20:10

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 20:11 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: December 8, 2016 20:15

Congrats Mick ! This means more touring for us, to pay all that child support, lol!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2016 20:27

Congratulations to all ... you're one lucky man to have another child Mick...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 8, 2016 20:51

Congrats Mick! Now that this is behind you please begin to make preparations for the next tour. Much appreciated.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:37

Welcome to the newcomer and congratulations to all involved!
This world needs all the Glimmer Genes it can get :E

Date: December 8, 2016 23:01

Congratulations Melanie and Mick! smileys with beer

Date: December 9, 2016 11:43

Stoneage

+ great grandchildren smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 9, 2016 12:50

Stoneage

What a shocking revolting comment!
Don't you know that in French the plural of "chateau" is "chateaux" with an "x" not a "s".
Commander himself must be appaled... grinning smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 9, 2016 13:24

Has Mick Jagger ever been asked about contraception? Is he, for his personal usage, against it?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: December 9, 2016 13:39

dcba

Stoneage

Don't you know that in French the plural of "chateau" is "chateaux" with an "x" not a "s".

What a shocking revolting spelling error!
Don't you know that in English the correct spelling of the word bolded above is "appalled"?
Commander himself must be appalled... grinning smiley

Back on topic, congrats to Mick & Melanie!!

Date: December 9, 2016 13:55

Plink

What a shocking revolting spelling error!
Don't you know that in English the correct spelling of the word bolded above is "appalled"?
Commander himself must be appalled... grinning smiley

Back on topic, congrats to Mick & Melanie!!

What a revolting proper noun-error! It's «The Commander» winking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: December 9, 2016 14:26

^^^
Drat! Why must you non-native English speakers be such grammatical know-it-alls? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 9, 2016 17:07

Finally! You did it Mick!!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home