Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Country Honk - acoustic Keith & Mick from the Olé Olé Olé 2016 movie
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:15

[www.youtube.com]

awesome - Like old days Keith on acoustic and Mick belting out the vocals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-13 20:48 by bv.

Re: Country Honk Live 2016
Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:21

Fantastic version! Found it just a minute ago, too... you were faster! smiling smiley

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:32

Effin beautiful

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:45

This has already been posted on three separate occasions and all of them have been moved into the Ole Ole Ole thread which is probably where this will end up.
[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:46

what about a rip ....

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 13, 2016 20:08

I really enjoyed this video. Thanks

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 13, 2016 20:27

Fantastic! I've never seen that before.

More reason to get angry when they don't expand their setlist. This proves it is absolutely possible.

Mick and Keith Discussing the Genesis of Honky Tonk Women...
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 12, 2016 07:13

[www.rollingstone.com]

its not just the story that nice to hear, but they both seem so relaxed and comfortable reminiscing about it. Mick doesn't have his guard up and they seem like they are still as friendly as they've ever been. That's hard to fake; hopefully its "real."

Re: Mick and Keith Discussing the Genesis of Honky Tonk Women...
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 12, 2016 07:24

I happened to see this on rolling stone.com and I was gonna start a thread. I couldn't believe nobody had started a thread yet. I guess everybody is distracted at present. Awesome fun! Sounds like those honkey tonk women were a lot of fun. And don't forget her friend Candy.

Date: November 12, 2016 07:26

Honky-ass. Honky.

Date: November 12, 2016 07:28

Socrates1
I happened to see this on rolling stone.com and I was gonna start a thread. I couldn't believe nobody had started a thread yet. I guess everybody is distracted at present. Awesome fun! Sounds like those honkey tonk women were a lot of fun. And don't forget her friend Candy.

yeah, i did a quick search to see if it was already on here, but saw it wasnt. so rare to see Mick acting like that. As Keith has said: "Mick Jagger, he's a nice bunch of guys."
We need to see more of this one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 07:29 by HalfNanker.

Date: November 12, 2016 07:32

Didn't Keith say that about Brian? He must have first. If he ever even said it about Mick? I could have sworn he said that about Brian. Any fact checkers online tonight?

Date: November 12, 2016 07:55

Socrates1
Didn't Keith say that about Brian? He must have first. If he ever even said it about Mick? I could have sworn he said that about Brian. Any fact checkers online tonight?

a quick google search turn up the quote in Life, but ive heard it attributed to keith about Mick for years. that and calling him brenda behind his back:

"Do you know Mick Jagger?" Richards snarls. "Yeah, which one? He's a nice bunch of guys." [www.washingtonpost.com]

EDIT: i have to add that a little more googling shows that Keith also said it about Brian (see page 129 of Victor Bockris's bio of Keith), which i read back when it came out, so i guess whatever i read most recently stuck in my head! another instance of Keith changing a story to fit the moment, i guess.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 08:09 by HalfNanker.

Date: November 12, 2016 08:04

I still haven't read his book. Is it in paperback yet?

Date: November 12, 2016 08:10

HalfNanker
Socrates1

a quick google search turn up the quote in Life, but ive heard it attributed to keith about Mick for years. that and calling him brenda behind his back:

"Do you know Mick Jagger?" Richards snarls. "Yeah, which one? He's a nice bunch of guys." [www.washingtonpost.com]

but this topic has digressed and if you are starting at the bottom of the thread go back up to the top and watch the video!

EDIT: i have to add that a little more googling shows that Keith also said it about Brian (see page 129 of Victor Bockris's bio of Keith), which i read back when it came out, so i guess whatever i read most recently stuck in my head! another instance of Keith changing a story to fit the moment, i guess.

Date: November 12, 2016 08:16

Thanks. I'm glad I wasn't imagining things.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 12, 2016 09:43

That little clip is great, especially the story about the toilet. grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 12, 2016 09:44

Very cool to see them so close and the story is great!
A "friend" of the whole band.. love it.

Date: November 12, 2016 10:43

Ok, so I've never heard about Cathy James.

Date: November 12, 2016 23:26

Palace Revolution 2000
Ok, so I've never heard about Cathy James.

i agree, i don't recall hearing ever that there was a single inspiration for that song

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 12, 2016 23:30

Is this the Candy and Kathy in Citadel? Or does Keith say Cassie?

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: November 12, 2016 23:36

tomk
Is this the Candy and Kathy in Citadel? Or does Keith say Cassie?

Think it's Candy, one of the Warhol superstars also mentioned in "Walk on the Wild Side."

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 13, 2016 00:48

HalfNanker
Socrates1

"He's a nice bunch of guys." That's an old story. Not only Keith has said so.

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: November 13, 2016 03:08

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 13, 2016 20:44

A friend and I was discussing this song and he said that there is a rumor that Gram Parsons really wrote Honky Tonk Woman?
Sounds possible but after seeing Mick and Keef discuss this, not sure what to think?
Anyone have any other info?

Re: Country Honk - acoustic Keith & Mick from the Olé Olé Olé 2016 movie
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 13, 2016 20:58

And also this discussion on who wrote Wild Horses?

[nodepression.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 14, 2016 19:11

gram had nothing to do with writing either song and that's just people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.gram inspired keith to play more country and gram and keith used to sit around and jam together.

the truth is gram never had that level of songwriting ability,he did some nice stuff but to just attribute two of the gems from the stones golden era to him is a little insane or at least extremely stupid.

if the guy had a gimme shelter or a street fighting man in his arsenal it might make a bit more sense but the fact is simple,you're talking about A+ level songwriting and attributing it to an at best B level writer.if it were bob dylan we were talking about i would at least consider the possiblity but gram parsons? no way in hell.

Date: November 15, 2016 00:28

lem motlow
gram had nothing to do with writing either song and that's just people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.gram inspired keith to play more country and gram and keith used to sit around and jam together.

the truth is gram never had that level of songwriting ability,he did some nice stuff but to just attribute two of the gems from the stones golden era to him is a little insane or at least extremely stupid.

if the guy had a gimme shelter or a street fighting man in his arsenal it might make a bit more sense but the fact is simple,you're talking about A+ level songwriting and attributing it to an at best B level writer.if it were bob dylan we were talking about i would at least consider the possiblity but gram parsons? no way in hell.

thumbs upGood post

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2016 02:04

Palace Revolution 2000
lem motlow

thumbs upGood post

I've always felt Gram Parsons is overrated by many Stones fans, and if it weren't for the Keith connection, he would simply be a minor footnote in the big picture of things (which to most people, he is).
Sure they jammed a bit, and yes he might have had a minor influence on Keith, but nothing from his own catalogue/career is worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Stones.
If you asked a non Stones fan who he was, most would have no idea.

Date: November 15, 2016 12:04

Hairball
Palace Revolution 2000
lem motlow

thumbs upGood post

I've always felt Gram Parsons is overrated by many Stones fans, and if it weren't for the Keith connection, he would simply be a minor footnote in the big picture of things (which to most people, he is).
Sure they jammed a bit, and yes he might have had a minor influence on Keith, but nothing from his own catalogue/career is worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Stones.
If you asked a non Stones fan who he was, most would have no idea.

He didn't just kickstart the Stones into country music, but also the Byrds.

The stuff he did on Sweethearts Of The Rodeo was enough to make him a legend, imo.

However, I can see that people who don't find that album fantastic, as well as his stuff with Emmylou, might think otherwise.

How country music merged into pop/rock music in the early 70s: Jackson Browne, Eagles, Little Feat etc. They might have to give a nod to Gram. At least I think that when I hear how they write their songs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-15 12:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home