Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 10:36

Not really.
Did not say I don't like it.

DandelionPowderman
They wanted to get this blues album authentic-sounding. That vocal-echo was pretty standard 50s/60s (Sun and Chess) sound, powerage. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: November 7, 2016 10:50

powerage78
Not really.

DandelionPowderman
They wanted to get this blues album authentic-sounding. That vocal-echo was pretty standard 50s/60s (Sun and Chess) sound, powerage. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already smiling smiley

I'm not sure if Mick sings through his harp mic or if it's an effect added later, though. Sounds cool anyway, imo.

Date: November 7, 2016 15:16

This is especially true on Hate To See You Go.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 7, 2016 16:40

I can't say that I'm eagerly awaiting this. The concept sounds rather dull to me. Let's hope I will change my mind when the album actually comes out...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 7, 2016 16:46

Stoneage
I can't say that I'm eagerly awaiting this. The concept sounds rather dull to me. Let's hope I will change my mind when the album actually comes out...

To each there own of course, but I really can't believe any Stones fan seeing this as a dull concept. Back to their roots, with those great covers they have always been known for, and with a great band attitude, excitement, and vigor! I can't wait!

Date: November 7, 2016 16:50

LeonidP
Stoneage

To each there own of course, but I really can't believe any Stones fan seeing this as a dull concept. Back to their roots, with those great covers they have always been known for, and with a great band attitude, excitement, and vigor! I can't wait!

I agree, but I know there are lots of fans who aren't really fans of the early line up, nor their roots, for some reason.

However, with a Stoneage-moniker, I'm sure our swedish friend both loves the album of the same name as well as the early Brian years winking smiley

Date: November 7, 2016 17:11

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
Stoneage

I agree, but I know there are lots of fans who aren't really fans of the early line up, nor their roots, for some reason.

However, with a Stoneage-moniker, I'm sure our swedish friend both loves the album of the same name as well as the early Brian years winking smiley

I can think of a disappointment in one regards, they have written their own share of fantastic bluesy tracks that my first thought was it was going to be mostly original songs. When I found out it was all covers, I got over it pretty quickly, but still, the ultimate would be 2 CDs, one of covers and one originals!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 7, 2016 17:48

Well, maybe it's a full circle then? They started out as blues epigones and now they will close the circle with just that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 18:37 by Stoneage.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 7, 2016 18:24

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
Stoneage

I´m not into "classic" blues stuff á la Reed at all and to be honest haven´t listen to a pre65-RS-song since decades. But I´m really looking forward to this release, these songs sounds rough, fresh and "modern". Well done, RS!!!

Date: November 7, 2016 18:55

Stoneage
Well, maybe it's a full circle then? They started out as blues epigones and now they will close the circle with just that.

Yes, but hopefully they are not closing the circle just yet!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 7, 2016 21:07

LeonidP
Stoneage

I think you nailed it on the "vigor"...they are playing great songs and they are great musicians and this band sounds invigorated on the 2 tracks so far...can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 21:18

I can understand that for some this might be a bit boring. I find the early albums so great because of the mixture of blues, rock'n'roll and r'n'b. A lot of my favorite tunes from that era are actually not blues: "Down The Road Apiece", "Mercy Mercy",... and I would love to hear them do some Chuck Berry covers again.
But I'm really looking forward to this as I like the idea of a solely blues album. And if it follows the quality of the three tracks we've heard so far, this will be a blast.hot smiley

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 21:26

Another thought crossed my mind today: When they were at British Grove studios and then hit a wall with their new tunes, they must have chased a vintage sound for their new tunes too. I don't know the equipment of the studio but somebody pointed out that the studio is equipped with vintage gear. Maybe they already wanted that sound for the new songs too, which would be against Mick's usual way of thinking.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 7, 2016 22:29

powerage78
Not really.

DandelionPowderman

did you say you like it?
that would have made the headlines in here!

me I do very much
JYF is nice to hear but too close to the original and that makes the original better, but HTSYG has enough Stones groove to stand out. Love exspecially the second part. Mick loosen up very good. And yes, the reverb is not strange but damn good winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 22:33 by maumau.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 7, 2016 22:38

From RS official FB page: A video of Hate To See You Go, featuring footage from the recording studio, will premiere tomorrow at 2pm GMT on Vevo!
Here’s a taster…"

HTSYG teaser

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 22:39 by maumau.

Date: November 7, 2016 22:58

For some years I do not like the Stones...like I used to...

maumau
powerage78
Not really.

DandelionPowderman

did you say you like it?
that would have made the headlines in here!

me I do very much
JYF is nice to hear but too close to the original and that makes the original better, but HTSYG has enough Stones groove to stand out. Love exspecially the second part. Mick loosen up very good. And yes, the reverb is not strange but damn good winking smiley

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 7, 2016 23:09

maumau
From RS official FB page: A video of Hate To See You Go, featuring footage from the recording studio, will premiere tomorrow at 2pm GMT on Vevo!
Here’s a taster…"

HTSYG teaser

Thanks for posting! This confirms that Mick is singing into the same mic through which he plays harp. The reverb/echo effect is a common harp thing, and gives Mick's vocals that raw, vintage sound. Can't wait for this album!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 8, 2016 00:12

A music video finally.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 8, 2016 00:49

powerage : "For some years I do not like the Stones...like I used to...".

Well @#$%& OFF to AC/DC with Angus and Axl and the rest of his Korsakov shite music.

>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 14:42 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 8, 2016 01:00

maumau
Here’s a taster…"

HTSYG teaser

Mmmm, tasty.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 8, 2016 01:03

35love
maumau
Here’s a taster…"

HTSYG teaser

Mmmm, tasty.

thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 8, 2016 05:30

kowalski
RipThisBone
kowalski
RipThisBone
So back to where this thread is about.

JUST YOUR FOOL complete:

Stone601
[vimeo.com]

Both Just Your Fool and Hate To See You Go are available for streaming and/or download on online music retailer websites.

I have got nothing with downloads or streaming. I want an album in my hand and will buy the DELUXE one december 2.

I love having an album in my hand too. What I meant is both tracks are available in high quality on streaming/download sites for us to wait until the actual album is released.

Ya ... I feel the same way as both of you. I need something in my hand .. something to take out of the package and slide into somethin and push play on ... to fully appreciate the whole ...'new release experience' .. That goes for any release .. ESPECIALLY A Stones release. Having the songs on a computer (or tablet / phone) is some how just not cutting it for releases I care about. I t isn't the same .. it doesn't feel like the total package.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 05:31 by IanBillen.

Date: November 8, 2016 10:23

muenke
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
Stoneage

I´m not into "classic" blues stuff á la Reed at all and to be honest haven´t listen to a pre65-RS-song since decades. But I´m really looking forward to this release, these songs sounds rough, fresh and "modern". Well done, RS!!!

A good exception always confirmes the rules smileys with beer

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 8, 2016 15:18

IanBillen
kowalski
RipThisBone

I have got nothing with downloads or streaming. I want an album in my hand and will buy the DELUXE one december 2.

I love having an album in my hand too. What I meant is both tracks are available in high quality on streaming/download sites for us to wait until the actual album is released.

Ya ... I feel the same way as both of you. I need something in my hand .. something to take out of the package and slide into somethin and push play on ... to fully appreciate the whole ...'new release experience' .. That goes for any release .. ESPECIALLY A Stones release. Having the songs on a computer (or tablet / phone) is some how just not cutting it for releases I care about. I t isn't the same .. it doesn't feel like the total package.

Ian

Same here. I am still waiting for a physical release of Sticky Fingers Live. I refuse
to go to any i-Tunes store to download it, stubborn me.
Downloads are for bootlegs, but when new material is published, I got to hold it in
my hands for a couple of minutes, before I start to listen to it. Just like in the
days of old, when I drove home from the record store, nervous with anticipation of
the moments that were to come when the record was taken out of the sleeve....

Man, I am not 50 yet, but already dying of nostalgia...

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: November 8, 2016 15:39

Eric Clapton plays guitar on Everybody Knows About My Good Thing and "I Can't Quit You Baby"(solo ?) ?

Date: November 8, 2016 15:54

powerage78
Eric Clapton plays guitar on Everybody Knows About My Good Thing and "I Can't Quit You Baby"(solo ?) ?

That's confirmed, but we don't know what he plays on those songs.

Date: November 8, 2016 15:56

OK, thanks.
Can't wait to listen "I Can't Quit You Baby" (//Led Zep version ?)

Date: November 8, 2016 15:58

powerage78
OK, thanks.

More likely the Willie Dixon-version smiling smiley

Date: November 8, 2016 16:03

Yes for sure, I was speaking of intensity and feeling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 16:04 by powerage78.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 8, 2016 16:04

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
OK, thanks.

More likely the Willie Dixon-version smiling smiley

I would certiainly think so ! winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home