Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 3, 2016 20:47

the stones have never really put out a "bad" album-they've missed the mark by putting too many mediocre songs on one disc[anything since 89] or being out of sorts [majesties,dirty work] but there's always something to really like.

majesties has she's a rainbow and 2000 light years[both songs better than anything on sgt pepper btw]and dirty work has one hit and a couple other good ones.

buttons is a strange record,i went through a long period where i listened to it constantly so i have great memories of it.micks voice is excellent on the entire record.he has that growl,the jaggers edge really going-"round and round and round she goes" and "who's been sleeping here?" he also sounded really good,lotta gut felt singing.and brian was on there-the original stones,can't beat it.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 4, 2016 12:44

I love everything they have released. I am still curious and excited by what they do and I am not judgmental about their music. I know there are songs that I love more than others. Keep on rocking Rolling Stones.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 4, 2016 12:46

rollmops
I love everything they have released. I am still curious and excited by what they do and I am not judgmental about their music. I know there are songs that I love more than others. Keep on rocking Rolling Stones.
Rock and roll,
Mops

thumbs up

I wouldn't quarrel with that

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 4, 2016 12:58

Looks like Commit A Crime is the next single

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 4, 2016 13:29

Maindefender

looks from what?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 4, 2016 14:12

maumau
Maindefender

looks from what?

I played the 60 second Hate To See You Go this morning on the Rolling Stones site and one of the pop-up videos was a 5+ minute Commit A Crime. I couldn't open but the caption looked like Jagger in the studio. Could be wrong, I guess we'll see......
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-04 14:14 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 4, 2016 14:17

the next single is Ride 'Em All Down on 11/25*

Date: November 4, 2016 14:21

Maindefender
maumau
Maindefender

looks from what?

I played the 60 second Hate To See You Go this morning on the Rolling Stones site and one of the pop-up videos was a 5+ minute Commit A Crime. I couldn't open but the caption looked like Jagger in the studio. Could be wrong, I guess we'll see......
[www.youtube.com]

Mick «out of breath» Jagger from the White House smiling smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 4, 2016 14:33

GasLightStreet
Yesterday's Papers is a heavy tune that's got a lot going on in it that requires a brain to understand. It makes sense that HMS can't understand it.
My Obsession kicks.
Back Street Girl is a timely ballad.
Connection is outstanding.
She Smiled Sweetly is a great leer.
Cool, Calm And Connected is outstanding.
All Sold Out is a hint of the future ala 2000 Man, Parachute Woman, Stray Cat etc and is outstanding but HMS wouldn't know that anyway.
Please Go Home is stellar rock'n'roll and probably the most outstanding track on the LP.
Who's Been Sleeping Here is hilariously Dylan yet rockin'.
Complicated is a good rocker.
Miss Amanda Jones - it's been used in movies because it ROCKS; outstanding.
Something Happened To Me Yesterday is another hilarious Dylan kick that's a good bit of the mentality of what was happening then.

Looking at the albums The Rolling Stones released before and after Between The Buttons I can honestly say that BTB is their weakest album ever. No eloquent plaidoyer can change that opinion. An opinion that´s merely a fact, btw. These songs are b-sides at best. All this pop stuff isn´t suited for a Rhythmn & Blues-based band like the Rolling Stones.

Now that they´ve gone back to their roots (for whatever reason) I´m counting the days to be able to listen to their new Blues-record which without any doubt will be much more rewarding than BTB. BTB only presents the Stones in a state of disorientation. What seems "outstanding" to you is just a pale carbon copy of Ray Davies´s genius.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 4, 2016 16:19

Lien
the next single is Ride 'Em All Down on 11/25*

yes here it is listed for release on record store day

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 4, 2016 16:41

When the Stones recorded BTB in August 1966 they had just finished what was the AFTERMATH tour in the US.

They recorded Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow after the initial BTB sessions, yet they finished it and released it as a single before BTB came out.

More touring... they finished BTB in October and November, which included the first versions of Dandelion. BTB came out in late January 1967.

They started work on their most unorganized LP ever in February of 1967. They then did what could be the BUTTONS tour in March. After that they pulled teeth the rest of the spring and summer recording MAJESTIES.

Somehow HMS thinks BETWEEN THE BUTTONS is their worst LP, regardless of HMS being "honest" about it. The Stones were in their FIFTH year of existence when they recorded and released BETWEEN THE BUTTONS. How that LP can equate to how they "not sound like the Stones" when the "sound" they sounded like was still being defined and created (perhaps they should've only sounded like Satisfaction, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Get Off My Cloud and The Last Time in every song because that's the "sound" of the Stones to some kooks) and "disoreintation" when it's the next LP that reveals that very existence is astounding. With the BUTTONS album they were expanding, which they essentially peaked with with MAJESTIES' 2000 Man, 2000 Light Years, Citadel and She's A Rainbow, specifically - all of which can be tied to songs from BUTTONS - there's an obvious progression/carry over.

Clearly you have not listened to BUTTONS, HMS, to hear this, because, as you've stated, you don't notice these kind of things. Maybe you've heard BUTTONS a few times but you've never listened to it. Obviously you're not able to make even a wrong opinion since you're not able to notice details of the Stones.

Date: November 4, 2016 16:42

lem motlow
the stones have never really put out a "bad" album

That toilet clogger DIRTY WORK is a bad album. It's the definition of what a bad album is.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 4, 2016 18:09

GasLightStreet
lem motlow

That toilet clogger DIRTY WORK is a bad album. It's the definition of what a bad album is.

I love Dirty Work. It gets better with age.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 5, 2016 04:43

exilestones
GasLightStreet
lem motlow

I love Dirty Work. It gets better with age.

Like rotting meat?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 5, 2016 05:19

I love how GasLightStreet always get so riled by HMSs semi-trolling comments! Pretty Pavlovian, dude.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2016 05:29

I love how GasLightStreet always get so riled by HMSs semi-trolling comments! Pretty Pavlovian, dude

don't ya reckon GasLightStreet & HMS are actually the same guy just arguing with himself ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 5, 2016 05:32

split personality

Date: November 5, 2016 05:33

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-05 05:33 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2016 06:20

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: November 5, 2016 15:45

Rockman
I love how GasLightStreet always get so riled by HMSs semi-trolling comments! Pretty Pavlovian, dude

don't ya reckon GasLightStreet & HMS are actually the same guy just arguing with himself ....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I'm enjoying it anyway.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 5, 2016 16:17

JumpinJimF
Rockman

It is amusing, but its a bit aggravating the way that HMS can hijack ANY thread to promote his bizarre "good album is bad/bad album is good" agenda. Those may be his actual opinions, but it's so frequent that it come across as trolling.

I come to this thread hoping to find new info on the new album, or links to new songs, and there is a whole thread within the thread on Buttons vs. Dirty work. Isn't there a Between The Buttons album talk thread?

Date: November 5, 2016 16:42

peoplewitheyes
I love how GasLightStreet always get so riled by HMSs semi-trolling comments! Pretty Pavlovian, dude.

Ha ha ha ha! I'm afraid he might get educated and actually learn something.

Date: November 5, 2016 16:56

Ross
JumpinJimF
Rockman

It is amusing, but its a bit aggravating the way that HMS can hijack ANY thread to promote his bizarre "good album is bad/bad album is good" agenda. Those may be his actual opinions, but it's so frequent that it come across as trolling.

I come to this thread hoping to find new info on the new album, or links to new songs, and there is a whole thread within the thread on Buttons vs. Dirty work. Isn't there a Between The Buttons album talk thread?

He's a trolling jerk whose opinions are based on stupidity and ignorance. It's funny but it's beyond ridiculous that anyone would think he and I are the same person.

I was defending BTB, which is not a great LP, because of the versatility it has with their sound and how they were still a young band. What does that have to due with BAL? Partially because both will be such not-normal-Stones albums because of the songs and sound.

BTB was the Stones finding their way forward. BAL is the Stones finding their way back. There is a connection of relevance but only in that sense.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 5, 2016 17:11

So back to where this thread is about.

JUST YOUR FOOL complete:

Stone601
[vimeo.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 5, 2016 17:18

RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL complete:

Stone601
[vimeo.com]

Both Just Your Fool and Hate To See You Go are available for streaming and/or download on online music retailer websites.

Date: November 5, 2016 17:45

kowalski
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL complete:

Stone601
[vimeo.com]

Both Just Your Fool and Hate To See You Go are available for streaming and/or download on online music retailer websites.

I have got nothing with downloads or streaming. I want an album in my hand and will buy the DELUXE one december 2.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 5, 2016 18:00

RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL complete:

Stone601

[vimeo.com]

HATE TO SEE YOU GO complete:

[www.bbc.co.uk] - from Pos. 37min50s

RIDE 'EM ON DOWN (live, 22-Oct-2016):

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 6, 2016 01:50

peoplewitheyes

LOL, they should just F and get it over with!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 6, 2016 02:41

peoplewitheyes
HMS= full trolling all the time. And Between the Buttons was a great record with great front photo and artwork when it came out. It was fresh and original such as Miss Amanda Jones. Bit boring now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 02:42 by triceratops.

Date: November 6, 2016 02:56

Irix
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL complete:

Stone601

[vimeo.com]

HATE TO SEE YOU GO complete:

[www.bbc.co.uk] - from Pos. 37min50s

RIDE 'EM ON DOWN (live, 22-Oct-2016):

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks Irix! smileys with beer

1.JUST YOUR FOOL
2.HATE TO SEE YOU GO (start at 38:50)
3.RIDE 'EM ON DOWN (live)

Bonus:
JUST YOUR FOOL (live)
video: [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 04:10 by RipThisBone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home